Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Spirituality Board
Homegirl 50
Super Administrator

Mood: feeling good :tu:

[*] posted on 12.25.2004 at 11:45 AM
Spirituality Board

While I cannot tell anyone how to think, I am asking that you not use this board to question anyone's faith.
This board is inspirational and informational. Please do not use it to down anyone's belief.
I know that are non-believers here, and that is your right, but if you want to debate or question the validity of God and or Christianity or any other religion please use the debate forum.
Respectfully,
Homegirl.

When other people make mistakes, we seek justice.
When we make mistakes, we seek compassion.
The lesson is to give to others what you seek.
--Maura Cullen
Khalil-Maliq
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Ascending to Astral realms

[*] posted on 12.25.2004 at 09:38 PM

Spirituality is a touchy subject and I think you should rename it Religion because that's what I see 90% of the posts about, realistically there is always going to be a difference of opinion, people are always going to downgrade each others views, and that's just the nature of people, either they dont understand so they castigate you, or they know too much and antagonize you, i'd just thought i'd let you know, the puerile posts by those whom do not agree wont stop unless you ban a whole gang load of people, but then, new people will come

"While I cannot tell anyone how to think, I am asking that you not use this board to question anyone's faith."

That's basically the whole purpose of this topic if you take a look at the posts, lately though i've put most of my controversial topics in the debate forum to prevent any enmity and if you are not telling anybody how to think why are you asking them not to question faith? isn't that oxymoronic? on one hand think freely, yet on the other dont be inquisitive

Lets be real this is not about believers and non believers this is about people being offended, which I dont know why a person would be offended simply by anothers opinion it's alot of oversensitivity, who cares if I say F*** GOD or ALLAH can kiss my A**? thats my opinion correct? and I am entitled to this opinion correct? and I should be able to state this opinion just like everybody else who is religious without the scrutiny of others correct?(thats not going to happen but hey its a nice thought huh) basically my point is there's no need to get your panties in a bunch over little things, its much better things to worry about just like i'm not worried about who says what to me about my beliefs, others shouldn't worry about what I say about theirs

If you're let free by the same people who enslaved you how do you know you're free?
http://www.geocities.com/the_dynasty2001/Ausar1.jpghttp://img30.exs.cx/img30/8281/aset3mz.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Jeneen
Brown Sista

Mood: Fine, and yours?

[*] posted on 12.25.2004 at 09:45 PM

Homegirl 50 is correct and is simply following the rules that were put forth concerning this forum from it's innception.

When I upgraded the boards a few weeks ago I did not immediately repost the rules in this forum.However, the descrpition of this forum on the inedex page makes it clear what is and isn't allowed in here.

I have noticed that quite a few new members are not reading the rules and are making this forum into a debate forum for which it was not intended.This is a respectable forum and should be treated as such.The same way you would act in any house of worship is how you should conduct yourself in this forum.

If anyone wants to call out a particular religion then please feel free to do so in the proper place, which is the Debate forum.
soulitude78

Mood: Thoughtful.

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawna
Homegirl 50 is correct and is simply following the rules that were put forth concerning this forum from it's innception.

When I upgraded the boards a few weeks ago I did not immediately repost the rules in this forum.However, the descrpition of this forum on the inedex page makes it clear what is and isn't allowed in here.

I have noticed that quite a few new members are not reading the rules and are making this forum into a debate forum for which it was not intended.This is a respectable forum and should be treated as such.The same way you would act in any house of worship is how you should conduct yourself in this forum.

If anyone wants to call out a particular religion then please feel free to do so in the proper place, which is the Debate forum.

I understand the rules personally. I don't think that it is fair to call it a spirituality forum and then say it should be treated like a house of worship, no disrespect. I think the nature of religion will stir conflict. Everyone will not be in agreement on the subject of spirituality.

Although I understand the good intention of the forum., I just feel that no one can expect people to agree. I do think that downing someones believe is wrong, but if I bring up a issue, anyone can make a debate of it. Constructive critism is not wrong. If one questions anothers religion that is not wrong.

If would be great to have a forum where we could exchange our beliefs whether we are in agreement or not. Religious issues can often get lost in the debate forum among other issues. Sometimes I would like to exchange in the spirituality forum even if I don't agree with others .
peace...

"Did you read the Article because that's not what she said and your FONT Color is Whack. "

-Waterboxer
Jeneen
Brown Sista

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 01:17 AM

This forum has always been for those who seek confort, not confrontation.Religious threads or questions can be posted anywhere.However, this forum will be the one place that members can enter and find total peace.It has always been this way and will continue to be.There are a multitude of places on this board to question or debate religious issues, this forum however is not one of them.These rules have always been here but just recently some have taken to ignoring them and we are now putting a stop to it.This forum has always been a place where likeminded individuals have come together to comfort one another regardless of religion, so I know this can indeed work because it has been working this way for almost two years now. :tu:
Khalil-Maliq
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Ascending to Astral realms

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 01:49 AM

Quote:
This forum has always been for those who seek confort, not confrontation.Religious threads or questions can be posted anywhere.However, this forum will be the one place that members can enter and find total peace.It has always been this way and will continue to be.There are a multitude of places on this board to question or debate religious issues, this forum however is not one of them.These rules have always been here but just recently some have taken to ignoring them and we are now putting a stop to it.This forum has always been a place where likeminded individuals have come together to comfort one another regardless of religion, so I know this can indeed work because it has been working this way for almost two years now. :tu:

Haven't times always been known to change? now we are moving upon a new age, there are more agnostics, atheists, and polytheists looking for "comfort" as well but there will always be "something" for everybody to pick on each other about and as far as the "inappropriate posts" goes is this Objective(because of rules) or Subjective(because of personal feelings on certain topics)

If you're let free by the same people who enslaved you how do you know you're free?
http://www.geocities.com/the_dynasty2001/Ausar1.jpghttp://img30.exs.cx/img30/8281/aset3mz.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
soulitude78

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 01:59 AM

well, i think people should have a place to discuss religious issues, especially if it says spirituality...but hey, do what y'all do. this is obviouly not an objective stance....peace and love.

"Did you read the Article because that's not what she said and your FONT Color is Whack. "

-Waterboxer
Jeneen
Brown Sista

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 01:59 AM

I don't know what else needs to be said here.Don't run up in this forum cursing people out or telling them their religion sucks...it is just that simple.

All things spiritual are allowed in this forum...just keep it clean and respectful.
Jeneen
Brown Sista

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulitude78
well, i think people should have a place to discuss religious issues, especially if it says spirituality...but hey, do what y'all do. this is obviouly not an objective stance....peace and love.
Ok, I posted my above post without seeing this one here.

99% of what is posted in this forum is fine.Here is example of what is not fine-> http://cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=9460 This thread is clearly better suited to the Debate forum than here.You also posted a thread that was religious based but you put it in the Debate forum because you obviously thought it best to.

Again, all things Spiritual can be discussed here, but please don't run up on people jumping all over them because of their beliefs.This goes right along with the basic rules of the forum where you are asked to respect other peoples opinions.
soulitude78

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 02:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I posted my above post without seeing this one here.

99% of what is posted in this forum is fine.Here is example of what is not fine-> http://cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=9460 This thread is clearly better suited to the Debate forum than here.You also posted a thread that was religious based but you put it in the Debate forum because you obviously thought it best to.

Again, all things Spiritual can be discussed here, but please don't run up on people jumping all over them because of their beliefs.This goes right along with the basic rules of the forum where you are asked to respect other peoples opinions.

I posted something religious in the debate forum not because I thought it was best (and that thread proves it wouldn't get as much attention f it was classified under 'spirituality', but I did it because one of my forums was closed on this forum when i don't think in all fairness it should have been.

I do agree that the forum you used as an example is out of hand. Hands down...but I think that there should be a place specifically for religious debate on the site. That is just me...I respect all of your rules, not looking for trouble, but anything should have room to change and evolve- even forums.

-Waterboxer
Homegirl 50
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
I don't know what else needs to be said here.Don't run up in this forum cursing people out or telling them their religion sucks...it is just that simple.

All things spiritual are allowed in this forum...just keep it clean and respectful.

This is the thing right here. It does not matter what religion you are or are not. There is a way to be respectful, and lately it has not been so.
There is a way to disagree without being insulting and calling names. There have only been a few post moved, and if you read them and see the direction they were taking, you will see the point I'm trying to make. Justbe respectful. I don't think that is a lot to ask of mature people.

--Maura Cullen
Homegirl 50
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 10:18 AM

Quote:

Religious issues can and have been discussed in this forum. As I stated earlier; if you look at the ones that have been moved, you'll be able see how they crossed the line.
The key is respect.

--Maura Cullen
Jeneen
Brown Sista

[*] posted on 12.26.2004 at 06:50 PM

I have added a sub forum specifically to address the issues stated above.

This forum will be fully modded by the Super Administrators of the board only.
UNNCALLED4
Banned

Mood: Always Good

[*] posted on 12.29.2004 at 10:56 AM

True spirituality has nothing to do with Religion. Religion is mans attempt to try to reconcile in its primative mind who or what created us and the earth/universe OR to organize humans into like thinking and like behaving groups so that they can be more easily manipulated and/or controlled.

Anythings possible. Man in general is but a beast and comprehends little about the universe in which we live.

Go To Top