Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Attention WalMart Shoppers! Tariffs on the Horizon
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6.15.2018 at 07:26 AM
Attention WalMart Shoppers! Tariffs on the Horizon

I've sat here reading the morning newspaper stating that President Donald Trump is planning to slap some tariffs on Chinese made goods. My understanding, a tariff is simply an additional tax on goods shipped here to the USA from outside our borders.

Now the Chinese are threatening to do the same. But it doesn't stop there. There is also Canada, Mexico, and the European Union that Trump been complaining about.

When will all of this takes effect?

If its China, within 24 hours of Prez. Trump announcement. The other mentioned countries......the first week of July 2018.
We'll see who will blink first.....most likely the consumer.

WHY Trump is doing this?

According to some news articles. The November 2018 US Congressional elections. Maintaining one's Power in congress is going to take some doing. The Summit with North Korea is one example. But its becoming obvious that the clear winner is Kim Jong Un. Either way, in my opinion, it was a publicity stunt. A planned event designed to attract the public's attention. And it did just that!

And the Tariffs....another Publicity Stunt designed to show the people like Pennsylvania, think steel mills and the like, are being helped.

The way I see it. The price of everything will soon be going up!

until next article...:wave:

Go To Top