Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: What is Intermittent Fasting?
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6.16.2017 at 11:49 PM
What is Intermittent Fasting?

personal note:

Two weeks ago my doctor ordered blood test called the LIPID PANEL.
With this order I go to an independent laboratory and have my blood drawn....which in turn the results will be sent to the doctors' office. For accurate results, no eating for 8 to 12 hours Prior to drawing blood. Water is the only thing allowed.
About 3 days later called for results....I didn't get a good understanding over the cell phone so I requested the results via e-mail. LDL, HDL, Triglycerides, Cholesterol, ITS ALL FAT THAT IS FLOATING AROUND IN YOUR BLOOD STREAM.
And when the time comes, it all can be converted into energy. One more little tib-bit. It is normal having fat circulating in your arteries/veins. The KEY here is moderation....Not too much, Not too little.
In my case, I have too much BACON grease, 5 decades worth of eating.....and my fat levels (Lipid Panel) reflects this.
But its not too late, I can still reverse this.
And I'll discuss one way I'm seriously considering.

Intermittent Fasting (IF).......to be continued.:wave:

for some of you who would like more info:
go here:
https://authoritynutrition.com/intermittent-fasting-guide/
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6.17.2017 at 12:55 PM
What is Intermittent Fasting? part 2

Some people are using it to lose weight, improve health and simplify their lifestyle. Many studies show that it can have powerful effects on your body and brain, and may even help have a better quality life style.

quote: Humans live on one-quarter of what they eat, on the other three-quarters lives their doctor.

INTERMITTENT FASTING (IF)....is a term for an eating pattern that cycles between periods of fasting and eating. It does NOT say anything about which foods you should eat, but rather when you should eat them.
In this respect, it is not a "diet" in the conventional sense. It is more accurately described as an "eating pattern".

Common intermittent fasting methods involve daily 16 hours fasts or fasting 24 hours, twice a week.
Humans have been actually been fasting throughout evolution. Sometimes it was done because food was not available, and it has also been a part of major religions, including Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam.
If you think about it, our hunter-gatherer ancestors didn't have supermarkets, refrigerators, or Food available year-around. Sometimes we couldn't find anything to eat, and our bodies evolved to be able to function without food for extended periods of time. If anything, fasting from time to time is more "natural" than constantly eating 3, 4, or more meals per day.

Bottom Line
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a term for an eating pattern that cycles between periods of fasting and eating. It is popular in the health and fitness community.

How to do Intermittent Fasting

They are 3 methods that I'll describe here. All of them involve splitting the day or week into "eating periods" and/or "fasting periods". During the fasting periods, you eat either very little or nothing at all.

The most popular are:

The 16/8 Method....also called the Lean-gains protocol, it involves skipping breakfast and restricting your daily eating period to 8 hours. For example, you'll eat from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Then you fast for 16 hours.
My understanding.....Eat for 8 hours, fast for 16 hours, eat for 8 hours, fast for 16 hours.
My example would be: 8:00 am, eat a regular breakfast, 12:00 noon, sandwich and a fruit, 3:30 pm, bowl of green leafy salad and a fruit......4:00 PM this afternoon till 8:00 am next day, fast with only water, coffee, and/or tea.

Eat-Stop-Eat: This involves fasting for 24 hours, once or twice a week.
example: Start fasting at 6:00 pm one day and don't eat again till 6:00 pm the next day.

The 5:2 Method:.... On two non-consecutive days of the week, only eat 500 to 600 calories. Eat normally the other 5 days.
example: eat 500/600 calories on Wednesday and Saturday.

By making you eat fewer calories, all of these methods should make you lose weight as long as you don't compensate by eating much more during eating periods.

Important point

You are encourage to consume water, coffee, or tea during the periods of fasting (not eating).....NO SUGAR ADDED and very little cream.

to be continued. :wave:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6.22.2017 at 01:23 AM
My first day

After reading a few more articles on the subject and a couple of You-Tube videos on the subject.....i decided...to try it!

Currently I'm on my second day....I chose the 16/8 method.

After 6:00 pm every evening its nothing but water, coffee, or tea.
16 hours later is when I have my first meal....around 10:00 am.

My first 24 hours was uneventful .....I found myself keep looking at the clock the last 3 hours of fasting...also mindless opening of the refrigerator.
Food right now is plentiful in my house....I had two grandchildren of my girlfriend over as well as one of my daughters over this past weekend with her boyfriend. So.....the frig is stocked!

So at 10 am this morning after 16 hours of fasting....a 2 egg omelet with red onion, tomato, and spinach with a couple of tablespoons picante sauce. And 2 toast with melted butter on it. Followed by a banana.

Funny thing though.....at 5:00 pm while at work I had a Subway 6" tuna sandwich, flat bread. And a apple.
fast begins again at 6:00 pm.

drank water and ice tea (unsweetened) most of the day.
Now working on my second day:wave:

Go To Top