Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: A breath of fresh air
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 11.14.2016 at 05:19 PM
A breath of fresh air

Amazing. I just watched an ENTIRE presidential news conference! I usually watch a couple to 5 minutes of the POTUS then switch the channel. Today, I felt just a peace, such a relief, a joy even, watching and listening to a calm, sober POTUS. One not quacking through duck lips, gesticulating like Benito Mussolini and spouting Adolph Hitler's "Big Lie" (if you tell a big enough lie and tell it often enough, the masses will believe you ~ Adolph Hitler) or fighting women, both in the public AND private sector. No, a "civilized" gentleman, a statesman, held my attention. Why? I knew it would be one of the last times I'll be able to watch the leader of the (so-called) free world act like, well, a decent human being. No name-calling. No scapegoating. No early morning tweets castigating women who resent his advances, whateva!

Ah, we're going to miss ole boy.... Ooops! Nearly forgot his message! :blush:

President Obama took pains to point out that everything he did in office, he did it DESPITE a racist, stonewalling Congress. He said the reason Gitmo wasn't closed - one of his big pre-election promises - was because the Congress refused to authorize it. The prez is constrained by the powers allotted to the Congress, as well as laws and norms and customs, he emphasized. He did what he could..... and he did a LOT!

He also told what would happen, what bells and whistles and flaming hoops to jump through, should Duck Lips try to get rid of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). It ain't happ'n, ok?

He didn't say so, but I believe (hell, I'm SURE!) he's worried about the 800,000 illegal kids of his Dream Act that trusted him enough to tell him their "whereabouts" and give other info about their families. Will Trump use that information to track them down and deport them?

Still, all in all, it just felt RIGHT to look at a calm POTUS, rage and HATE "absent" from his face.

**sigh** He will be m....

Oh! Oh! He also said that his administration had been almost 100% free of scandal, unlike almost any administration in the history of the nation. He urged viewers to check his record of NON-scandal against any in history and we will see that his stands "cleaner" than any.

Go To Top