Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: Wisdom Through Meditation
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1.30.2017 at 10:02 PM
Living in the NOW

“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”
― Amit Ray

There is something very special about learning how to live in the moment. More importantly, learning how to let go of the past and how to stop worrying about the future.

Try it today. Stay completely focused on everything you do. Once your mind starts wondering somewhere else, focus on your breath and bring your attention back to the present.

remember to meditate at least once a day:thanx:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.31.2017 at 12:40 AM

"Where attention flows, energy goes"

That's what my meditation teacher used to say,
and it's something that you can use in your daily practice.

personal note:
Where attention flows, energy goes....my best example would be driving an automobile.
As long as I'm paying attention to the task at hand(driving a car) by keeping my distance from other cars...going to speed limit...being cautious at intersections.
I do rather well.
BUT....if my eyes see something "interesting" on the sidewalk....then my attention has changed from "driving safely" to the object that occupy my attention....and the direction of my energy has changed....and so has the direction of my car if I'm not aware.

Same could be said about a cell-phone whether you're in a car or walking. Calamity will follow.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.5.2017 at 02:10 PM
Don't Stop

Never get discouraged about daily meditation.

Some time ago a meditation teacher ran a survey to 1,000 meditators from 6 different countries.

Over one third of them quit meditating because:
A) They didn't see results,
B) They didn't have time, or
C) They couldn't focus.

The teacher notice the same thing when he taught meditation locally. Many people just don't have the patience to meditate daily.

So don't be like them. Never get discouraged. We all have bad days from time to time.

If you haven't meditated today, now is the perfect time.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.9.2017 at 01:12 AM
3 Soul Questions

Regardless of what kind of of meditation style you practice, it's a good idea to begin your daily meditation by asking yourself what are called the Soul Questions:

- Who am I?

- What do I want?

- What is my purpose in life?

You don't have to think about the answers during meditation. The answers are already part of who you are. And as you retreat into the realms of your inner self, the answers will form in the depths of your subconscious - giving you a clarity of purpose and knowledge of yourself that you didn't know existed.

Meditate at least once a day:ty:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.14.2017 at 12:33 AM
Do Not think Too Much

“A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion.”

~Alan Watts

This is why controlling your thoughts is so important, and why during meditation you should strive to control your thoughts.

Remember to meditate at least once a day :thanx:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.15.2017 at 12:56 AM
Great Mental Exercise

My Dad once taught me a great exercise when I had trouble concentrating for school.

One day, during summer, he invited me on a hike with him. We went to a nearby lake, where he and I talked for some time. Then he asked me to find the most ordinary rock I could find and memorize its visual image... every little detail of it. Then he told me to hold that mental image on my mind for as long as I could, without thinking about anything else.

I didn't know it at the time, but this was very similar to what I would do the rest of my life: meditate deeply. At first, I couldn't even hold the image for a second. With some practice, I could start holding that mental image for longer and longer.

Remember to meditate each day:winner:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.17.2017 at 12:32 PM
Happiness and Meditation

Here's a story I often like to share:

An old cat once walked up on a younger cat that was chasing his tail. The old cat asked, "what are you doing?" The younger replied, I just found out that my happiness is in my tail. I'm going to catch it and be happy. The older cat laughed and said "I heard that too when I was your age. What I found though is that if I just go about my day doing what needs to be done my happiness just seems to follow me wherever I go.

You can't chase happiness, but you can do incredible things that make you happy.

Remember to Meditate at least once a day:tu:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.23.2017 at 02:21 PM
My Zen to do list

1. Do one thing at a time slowly and deliberately.

2. Do less.

3. Live with less

4. Put space between things.

5. Develop rituals and routines to do your daily tasks.

6. Designate time for meditation and other activities you enjoy.

7. Devote time for sitting.

8. Serve others.

9. Have a proper belly laugh at least once a day.

10. Let go of comparing, judging, anger, worrying and regrets

Sounds easy....I'm a bit of a worry wort myself...continue to work on this.:thanx:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.26.2017 at 02:43 PM

A teacher was asking his students why they enjoy meditating in groups, they often tell that they enjoy the company of others during meditation. Some say that they don't like being alone.

The teacher thinks that's the wrong way to look at it - especially since meditation is supposed to be practiced by yourself. You are supposed to be alone during meditation and feel great about it.

In the words of William Deresiewicz in his essay “The End of Solitude”, the cause of loneliness “is not the absence of company, it is the grief over that absence.”

Think about those words as they are very deep. When you can let go of the need to be with other people, you can enjoy a deeper connection with yourself - and not just during meditation.

Meditated at least once a day:yes:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.1.2017 at 01:01 AM
60 Seconds

There's something that only takes 60 seconds to do, yet can have a huge impact on your life.

What is it?..... Gratitude.

Happy people are grateful for the small things in their lives. They are grateful for the food they eat and the water they drink. They are grateful when they see a beautiful blue sky and when others smile at them.

You can take full advantage of this when you meditate. Just when you're about to open your eyes after meditating, take 60 seconds to be grateful for the small things that make you happy every single day.
This will make a huge difference in your life.

JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.4.2017 at 07:10 PM
Difficulties in Life

~Defeat lies not in failing or making mistakes; rather, it lies in giving up on ourselves when we do so.~

My woman is frustrated with taxes and medical insurance...she feels that there is a conspiracy against her....In my life I always felt that there is a way...over, under, around, or through. Or as Star Trek's captain Jean-Luc Picard would say....."There is always an option!"

to be continued.....
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.2.2017 at 02:58 PM
To Clear Your Mind

Here's a powerful technique that might help you clear your mind.

While sitting with your eyes closed, take a few deep breaths in, then slowly exhale. Imagine your brain as as a container, full of all the memories that form your identity floating inside this container. With every inhale, imagine a stream of air rushing into this container, collecting some of these memories and thoughts. As you exhale, the thoughts slowly leave the container. Sometimes it may take a few minutes of doing this technique to get rid of some thoughts that are stuck inside this container.

This technique can help you find great inner peace and balance.

JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.5.2017 at 11:22 PM
This glass is already broken

“You see this goblet?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master.

“For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I drink out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”

This perfectly illustrates the beauty of living in the NOW and appreciating every moment of your existence.

Keep on meditating, each and every day:tu:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.8.2017 at 04:07 PM
Being Aware

No matter what activity you do, several studies have shown that being focusing completely on that activity makes your mind happier than being on autopilot.

Even if you're just driving from point A to point B, when your mind is present on every small action, you're actually training yourself to always live in the present moment.

Focus is hard to maintain. There are distractions everywhere. So how do you train your mind to always be present?

First, by letting go of distractions. When a distracting thought crosses your mind just observe and see it go. Then go back to what you're doing.

keep meditating every day:wave:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.10.2017 at 11:53 PM
Goals Vs Expectations

Expecting something of yourself just detracts from focus and makes you upset and frustrated when something goes wrong. On the other hand, if you have a goal and don't meet it, you're in a place of learning instead of frustration.

It's not the expectation that causes suffering, but rather it's the attachment to the fulfillment of that expectation.

Something I recommend is to have method oriented goals. For example, you might say I will meditate for 15 minutes daily and find the answer to my 3 Soul Questions. This is better because the goal is the method.

Remember to meditate at least once a day;)
 Pages:  1  2  3  4

Go To Top