Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: Wisdom Through Meditation
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12.19.2016 at 12:45 AM
The Greatest illusion

A friend of mine shared this piece of wisdom with me today:

"The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same. We are all one people, but we live as if divided. We are all connected, and everything is connected. Even the separation of the four elements is an illusion. If you open your mind, you will see that all the elements are one; four parts of the same whole..."
P.S. We're all energy beings. Everything is energy.

Remember to meditate at least once a day:tu:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 12.19.2016 at 10:25 PM
Full Senses Meditation

This exercise is meant to help you become aware of your surroundings while you meditate.

First close your eyes and extend your senses. Feel the temperature in the room. Is it warm? Is it cold? Try to feel any changes in the temperature as you're starting to go into a deeper and deeper state of meditation.

Then focus on all outside noises. Try to pay attention to every sound, no matter how faint it is. Try to hear everything.

Now try feel the room itself - how does the room feel. Is it big? Small?

Repeat this exercise in different rooms to keep improving your awareness and start recognizing subtle changes in your environment.

Remember to meditate at least once a day:ty:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 12.21.2016 at 03:28 AM
When Everything Changes...

"Everything changes when you start to emit your own frequency rather than absorbing the frequencies around you, when you start imprinting your intent on the universe rather than receiving an imprint from existence".

I really like this quote, but there's something important that's left out. It's not just about emitting your own frequency, but about being in balance. It's like Yin and Yang. You have to be balanced with how you emit (yang) and how you receive (yin) energy.

Remember to meditate at least once a day......I do!:yes:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 12.24.2016 at 11:29 AM
Expectations...It will pass

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, “My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I’m constantly falling asleep. It’s just horrible!”

“It will pass,” the teacher replied firmly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. “My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It’s just wonderful!’

“It will pass,” the teacher replied firmly.

This is just a quick meditation story that I wanted to share with you. The story illustrates a very important meditation concept: Don't hold any expectations about the practice.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 12.28.2016 at 11:45 PM
Believing in Yourself

E.E. Cummings once said, "Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."

Believing in yourself starts by knowing yourself. When you know your real human potential, you start believing in yourself and then you can do almost anything. When you reach this point, your true essence shows in everything you do.

Deep meditation is the first step to know your real self.

Keep meditating at least once a day!:yes:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.3.2017 at 11:15 PM
How to Stop Thinking Too Much

Here's a technique I use to stop thinking too much about certain things.

- Identify what your mind tends to overthink about. For example, a problem with your boss.

- Whenever you start to overthink about that, interrupt that thinking with a specific non judgemental sentence, for example: "Oh, my mind is wandering again"

When you associate your mind's overthinking with a moment of clarity, it slowly starts to go away until you regain control.

Another way to train your mind is with deep meditation.

Keep meditating at least once a day:wave:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.5.2017 at 01:18 AM
Observing thoughts...

definition of intrusive:
...causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited.

Every time you notice an intrusive thought call it out for what it truly is: An intrusive thought. Don't analyze it or put reason behind it. Just watch it come and watch it go.

Your mind naturally wants to find patterns in everything that happens around you. It wants to solve problems and find answers. Your thoughts are nothing more than thoughts, and you can control them by not analyzing or paying attention to them.

Remember, "the quality of your thoughts determines the quality of your life".

Meditate at least once a day:thanx:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.8.2017 at 12:41 AM
This time shall pass....a story

Mahmud of Ghazni, a Persian ruler who conquered Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan in the 900's once gave his slave, Ayaaz, a ring and asked him to inscribe in it a quote which whenever he felt sad would allow him to feel comforted and whenever he felt ecstatic would allow him to gain control of his emotions.

The slave wrote,

"This time, too, shall pass."

If things are not going the way you want them to, it will pass. If things are great, it shall pass, too. What truly matters is that you lived in the moment and embraced your reality with full control over your thoughts and emotions.

Meditate at least once a day:ty:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.9.2017 at 12:35 AM
A quote

“Don’t under-estimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”

We often like to keep busy at all times, always working towards something.

Yet it's important to spend some time just being....existing.

That's why it's important that you learn how to meditate.

Meditate at least once a day;)
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.10.2017 at 02:38 AM
being rich

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.”

-Jackie French Koller
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.11.2017 at 02:16 PM
Morning Meditation Ritual

Here's how I recommend my students to meditate in the morning:

Sit down and put headphones on and listen to "Binaural Theta Waves". These sounds will help you relax and will set the tone for the beginning of your session.

Breathe in deeply for 4 seconds, hold it for 2 seconds and then breathe out slowly. Repeat a dozen times.

Visualize everything that you're grateful for. Focus on the emotions and try to live those emotions through your memories. Spend at least three minutes doing this.

Breathe in deeply as you repeat "I love myself".

Visualize your future. Where do you want to be in a few years? What does your future look like?

Repeat a few self-written affirmations that are relevant to you.

Breathe deeply for a few moments. You're done.

Remember to meditate every day:wave:

Personal note:
I do my meditation first thing in the morning after cleaning up from a nights sleep.
I set up my mat, put myself in proper sitting position, then ring my chime 4 times slowly....the chime is shaped like a metal cymbal about 3 inches across and hanging by a string.... I tap it lightly with a small wooden stick. I tap, wait a few seconds then tap again.
It lets out a powerful ring each time....signally my time to meditate.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.13.2017 at 12:32 AM

“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
~Dalai Lama

Personal Note:
I was transporting a woman to her next destination...and we struck a conversation...actually I felt like a bartender serving another drink...she did all the talking. I just listen.

She was a woman who worked 60 to 72 hours a week, which included some travel, eating at fast food restaurants, and very little time of rest and no exercise. She also stated she had a 6 figure salary. Then a year ago this month, she suffered a stroke. Not a debilitating one, but large enough that she's not able to do that type of work anymore.
At this time her finances/savings is getting low, haven't worked since...looking at filing for disability soon.

It's personal stories like this that makes me grateful for my life.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.21.2017 at 12:46 AM
Power of Leverage

I often like to remind myself the old Zen story about a king whose people had grown soft.
Dissatisfied with this state of affairs, the king hoped to teach them a lesson.

His plan was simple:

He would place a large boulder in the middle of the main road, completely blocking entry into the city.
He would then hide nearby and observe their reactions.
How would they respond?

Would they find a way to move it or would they get discouraged, quit and return home?
With growing disappointment, the king watched as subject after subject came to the boulder and turned away.
Or, at best, tried halfheartedly to move the boulder before giving up.

Many openly complained and cursed the king or fortune or bemoaned the inconvenience, but none managed to do anything about it.

After several days, a lone peasant came along on his way into the city.

He did not turn away.
Instead he strained and strained, trying to push the boulder out of the way.
Then an idea came to him.
He scrambled into the nearby woods to find something he could use for leverage.
Finally, he returned with a large branch and used it as a lever to
dislodge and roll the boulder out of the way.

Beneath the boulder their was a purse of gold coins and a note from the king, which said:

"Congratulations, you have discovered
the power of leverage. With leverage
you can achieve anything you desire
in your life!"

Leverage is exactly what deep meditation gives you: the power to use your mind to its full potential.

Remember to meditate at least once a day;)
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.21.2017 at 02:21 PM
Is our thoughts, garbage?

On the surface, this might seem like an insulting quote:

"All your thoughts are garbage. You may think that some of them are good but you should consider the possibility that all your thoughts are garbage." ~Ajahn Sumedho

But underneath, lies a very important truth.

One of the biggest problems with thoughts is that we tend to believe everything they say: "If I am thinking it, it must be true." But actually our thoughts are just a collection of habitual judgments, perceptions, memories and ideas that are fed through consciousness.

Our thoughts are so important, that in a very real sense they shape our reality and who we truly are.

Remember to meditate every day:tu:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.26.2017 at 09:57 PM
Don't do this after Meditation

After meditation I encourage my students to look at their posture and breath. If the posture is tense or misaligned, it can interrupt the flow of breath, and energy. If the breath is forced or irregular, likewise it will lead to imbalance.

So being mindful of your breath and posture will help you improve your practice in the future. What you do after this depends entirely on you. Someone else's post-meditation routine (if they have one) is not necessarily the one for you.

For example, you could try a few minutes of walking meditation, gratefulness, deep breathing or simply taking a few moments to go back to your daily life.

The one thing to avoid is to hurriedly open your eyes and head back to whatever you were doing before meditation.

Remember to meditate at least once a day.
If you're in a stressful situation......twice or more. :wave:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4

Go To Top