Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Studying real estate and mold(mould)
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1.16.2016 at 03:15 PM
Studying real estate and mold(mould)

It's been DECADES since I bought and sold my first house. Figuring its time to study the subject again.

Me and my lady went to Barnes and Noble book store in Henderson, Nevada (next to and Southeast of Las Vegas) to find such a book.

After talking to several people in the book aisles of Real Estate...I settled for the book.

Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home (5th Edition)

Its a paperback book with 430 pages...I only covered 113 pages and 5 chapters to date....and still working on it. But its proving to be very helpful. Thank you Marsia for recommending this book!

One area I just covered was How Real Estate agents are paid. First real estate agents is a generic term...these real estate agents usually works for a real estate BROKER. (Hm-m-m, didn't know that)
Commission is usually 5 to 6 percent and its the seller that ordinarily pays the entire commission. But on the flip side, the seller will add the 5 to 6 percent into the house price he's selling.

then there is this thing called "Dual Agent"....which is one person representing the seller and buyer....NOT A GOOD IDEA!
The main purpose of a real estate agent is to protect YOUR INTEREST.....how can this person do this when he representing both sides?

Then there is "Designated Agency".....you have one real estate agent representing you, the buyer.....and the other agent representing the seller......and they both work for the SAME BROKER.
Again not a good idea.....still doing my homework.....

Thank Goodness!:tu:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1.17.2016 at 05:05 PM
Mold(usa) or Mould if you live in NZ, UK, or CAN

Two days ago I was transporting an older woman and her caregiver to a hospital clinic. They both had this cough.
I asked....you all have a cold?
No....she said, Mold have been discovered in our condo. We just moved in 2 months ago. And then they sprayed while we're still inside the house.
"What!?!"....was the response from another female passenger.
_long story short....she was informed by a few people to see an injury lawyer and don't sign away your rights with the building management.
_personally....since I've been studying real estate.....purchasing deals of homes can be canceled and/or delay when safety inspections discover that tiny little organism called MOLD.

Okay....I did some research on the subject....found it kinda fascinating. Just the other day we accidently left a tomato at the bottom of the refrigerator too long. Found this black and grey fur all over it.
Yeap....that was a good tomato!
but on the flip side.....if you fry a food in fat. Be it chicken, potato, etc. AND lay it out in the open for a long time.
MOLD won't touch it!
That alone should tell you something.
Mold in short....is a living organism....in the fungi family. When I was a child we used to say.... "We have Fungus, Among us!"

Sorry....can't get away from it!....but you can prevent it from forming by:
4 conditions for mold to thrive:
temperature
food
moisture (a biggie by the way)
spores
_a spore lands on a tomato and recognize it as food...hm-m-m, food contains water, and the temp is just right.
TIME TO GET BUSY
Spores of a mold doesn't like to reproduce under 39 degrees Fahrenheit .....thus refrigeration....it doesn't die, it just hibernates, snooze until conditions are ripe. (no, that wasn't a pun)

when it comes to buildings or homes....MOISTURE is the enemy....moisture in wood or in our walls and add warm temperatures is an invitation for mold to settle and grow.

And when this happens around us humans....it'll cause all kinds of respiratory problems.

if you want more info about MOLD or MOULD....click here

http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-mold-definition-types-causes-examples...
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 1.18.2016 at 11:00 PM

Quote:

.....if you fry a food in fat. Be it chicken, potato, etc. AND lay it out in the open for a long time.
MOLD won't touch it!
That alone should tell you something.

I don't get it. What should it tell you? :headscratch:

Go To Top