Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: Le dame Mystique
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 1.5.2016 at 05:46 PM
Le dame Mystique

I was about to post something randumb from my day in the What's on your mind thread when it occurred to me - why not just create a What's on MY mind blog?

So, my very first blog. :)

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.8.2016 at 02:11 AM
I don't think I'm going to be very good at this....

because I prefer to talk TO people rather than AT them as you do with a blog, but...

I used to think I had a big S on my forehead. Why people would say the ridiculous stuff they did to me, and I was supposed to believe them. **sigh**

I finally figured it out. I don't think "most" people think I'm :stupid: . To the contrary, most people think I'm smart. And therein lies the rub. All those a-holes saying randumb ish to me making me think they think I'm a fool? They don't think I'm dumb. No, they think is that although "I'm" smart, they're smarter!

So now I don't think folk see that Big S on my forehead. Now I jus wanna spit on da suckas! :roll:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.8.2016 at 02:38 PM

My life is not bad these days. Pretty good, in fact. But there's always that "one" thang....

Why is it that EVERY medication I have to take causes me to GAIN WEIGHT!!!????? :steam:

Now, I'm a healthy person. In fact, I'm one of those people who are referred to as "healthy as a horse." I have almost NO afflictions, illnesses, conditions, etc. What I do have is dermatological (read- SKIN) problems. Any ole virus, bacteria, whateva that goes around that causes skin problems, trust it will make a bee-line for me. But I digress....

I had an allergic reaction to my hair dye last week. My fault. The time got away from me and I left it on my hair for 2 hours. Went to bed and when I woke in the a.m., saw dye all over my pillow. Washed my hair 2 or 3 times. Went to bed, hair dye still on pillow in the morning. I know how to get that mess out - I washed my hair, then did an apple cider vinegar rinse.

All hayle broke loose. Within hours, my scalp was tight and my eyes were so puffy it looked like I'd been in a PRIZE fight! So I go to the doc. He prescribes some crap. Take one pill for 5 days.

Upshot: I'm on the 3rd day and I have gained 3 pounds. I am not eating more, but when I read the directions with the prescription, it said "may experience weight gain."

Why me?

Oh! Puffiness about gone. Scalp no longer tight. Just fat.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.22.2016 at 05:25 AM

I've enrolled in a new gym. Upscale. Poverty depresses me.

At any rate, can't sleep. My friend suggests that's why we should get married. One sleeps well with a warm body at one's side. I personally think that's a crappy reason to marry someone. But I'll keep his proposal in mind.

NOT!

I'm of the opinion my circadian clock is out of whack. Either that, or I'm supposed to go to sleep at 3:00 - 4:00 A.M. and without a 9 to 5 to "regulate" my sleep, that's my body's default sleep time(s).

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 2.1.2016 at 02:02 AM

I was looking at an Agatha Christie video when Jared, the Subway pervert, came to my mind. The face of the woman reporter who turned him into the FBI came to my mind. How softly crushed by unspeakable knowledge her face looked, how spiritually(?) broken she appeared. I remember her saying during one of their many telephone convos, he said he was coming to her city and they should meet up - something like that. She became so frightened out of her gourd, she bundled her 2 children up, left their home and moved into a motel for the days Jared was to visit (he never did). He had spoken of wanting to watch her children undress through a peephole, a hidden camera. Her encounter with Jared's evil.... the banality of his evil... had left her psyche a soft, quivering mess.

It reminded me of another woman writer - reporter, author, something - who had, as had Jared's reporter, willingly allowed herself to become mentally "intimate" with a man of great evil to 'see' inside his mind. He was a rapist and killer. A serial rapist/killer. Both of these women started their self-imposed mission to probe Evil as strong, competent people of unshakable sanity who could take care of themselves. Like the woman who got inside Jared's head, by the time I saw her on TV, she was 'broken.' Once bold and courageous, fear of the killer, that should he ever be released from prison, she would be his first/next victim was so strong it was NOT 'speculation' - it was her reality.

"If you look into the abyss long enough, it will look back at you."

I once discovered the reality of those words. Strong, competent, able to take care of myself, I ran into a brutha at a coffee shop. Don't remember the details, simply that he was a nut case. "Playing psychiatrist," I probed his "mind" in an effort to help him see his delusion. I was good. He opened up. And then he told me that he had seen a woman on the corner across the street from the coffee shop. One minute she was there; the next, as if in a puff of smoke, she was gone. He leaned toward me earnestly, confidentially, and whispered, "She was a witch!" I nearly wet myself. All I could think was - what if he thinks I'm a witch? What would he do.... to me?

Lay people should not go looking into the minds of crazy, Evil. It's like a scene I saw in either Friday, the 13th or maybe Jason. Someone telling another about the killer, saying that he had spent his entire life wrapped up in his head, and that a psychiatrist had spent like 10 years trying to open him up. When the doc finally succeeded in pulling out what was inside Jason's (?) head, he spent the next 10 years trying frantically to put it back in.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 2.18.2016 at 10:42 PM
I am so cool!

I've spoken of my Mandingo son-in-law. And yea, I brag on him, my Man-ding-o warrior son-in-law. :ty:

Well, was talking to my son and turns out his babysitter goes ole boy one better. She's ZULU! And not just Zulu, but a ZULU princess! No joke. Sista-girl is the great-great-niece of Chaka Zulu!

Oh! Zulu is her last name. Seems ONLY royalty can have the last name of Zulu. Thus when she's talking to people (in South Africa, of course), they're cool with her until find out her last name is Zulu in which case, they begin bowing and genuflecting before her.

Now how cool is that?

Ans: About as cool as I am by association! :whistle:

P.S.

The last name of Zulu means "ruler of the Zulu nation." That's why only royalty can have the name, Zulu.

My son's "royal" babysitter is in the country on a student visa, which is how he and my daughter-in-law (regular ole black chick... meh) got to know her.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 2.27.2016 at 05:15 PM
I cut my hair

Yep. Cut it all the way off. SHAVED my head, in fact.

I look kinda cute. :lol:

Gotta say, even though I shaved my head, there's still hair on it. I'm NOT bald!

pssst! Now let's hope that the hair really will grow back.... :yikes:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.6.2016 at 01:33 PM

The news has been slow lately, so I've been looking at some of my all-time most interesting videos. Just re-watched the "wolf" video. It's amazing. Change one thing in the eco-system and the whole thing changes. With the reintroduction of wolves into Yellowstone National Park, the change has been for the better. First, the wolves (just a few) killed off some of the exploding deer population that had eaten the grass in the valleys down to nothing. So of course, the deer who hadn't seen a wolf in 70 years (!) started staying clear of the valleys. Upshot: Not only did the grass grow back, but the Aspens grew 5X as high (deer eat bark off trees)!

Because wolves kill the young (population control) and the weak, the deer population is healthier. Because the grass grew lusher and wolves kill coyotes, the rodent population exploded - mice, and nature's food, the rabbit - which feed a whole host of animals like fox, marmasets (?), weasels, etc. Because the Aspens grew tall and straight, all species of birds came back to nest on their tall branches, eagles to perch and prey on rodents and small mammals, and songbirds to welcome the day. And with the birds came beavers (who host a whole eco-system by themselves) to gnaw down the Aspens for their dams which invited other animals to water holes and hiding places for fish.

Because the wolves killed the over-population of deer and the grass sent their roots deeper and grew lush and the trees grew taller, their roots anchoring the earth, the cascading waters of the rivers no longer swept up the top soil of the valleys and eroded the land, and because the beavers built dams to contain the water, the rivers of Yellowstone changed their course.

All this because a dozen or so wolves came back home....

Amazing.

P.S.
Forgot the bears! They benefit from the presence of the wolves, as well. Something about more trees, more berries and with the deer having to go to high ground to get away from the wolves, bears have an opportunity to kill more deer calves... which increases their population.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.12.2016 at 10:35 PM
The jazz club

I went to a jazz club in the city yesterday. Man! Did I have a good time! Didn't quite start out that way, though. We came in during a break in 'sets.' All good and fine, except for when the break turned into nearly 30 minutes. I was ready to go - the MC was boring, talking about how if we (black people) don't keep jazz alive, no one will, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Then he started introducing people I couldn't care less about and calling them onstage... :sleep:

But then the jazz trio stepped to the stage and started playing. Wow. The 2 brothers were not only fine, but they were mature, well-dressed and utterly professional. The white guy was too, but, well, ya know... Oh, and nobody was an alcoholic or looked like he was on drugs. :whistle:

Then the "girl" singer (about 85 years old :lol: ) got up on stage... and sat down in a chair... opened her mouth and blew us all away. I mean, ole girl has some pipes on her! Her notes were pure, as well (which means she wasn't an alkie or druggie, either!), and she could and DID go up and down the scales, draw out the notes, make them short and sweet, or sassy. She was excellent.

The club is kinda new, but the entertainment is/was pure first rate. Haven't enjoyed myself like that in a long time. As did everyone else for no one turned to our table and gave us "disapproving" looks when I shouted out my pleasure at the performances. :nana: Indeed, the "girl" singer grinned her appreciation straight at me!

Ok, it's a wrap. The jazz club is my new hangout!

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.20.2016 at 11:10 PM

Had to take a break from the PBS program about "Blue Nile" Sudanese people. Whew! Everything I've ever said about the bastards in Darfur, North Sudan, the Mid- and Southern Sudanese corroborated. Black as tar niccas in the North think they're Arabs and are continuing to murder the Blue Nile (and another area of the country - forget their names) blacks who don't believe in Islam. Or if they are Muslims, hate them because they refuse to give up their AFRICAN culture, language and music.

Ah! Talk about blacks here and wherever in the world you find us.... :smh: The Blue Nile blacks experience the EXACT SAME black self-hatred of (some) African-Americans. Right down to the 'light is beautiful' bleaching of the skin. And get real! Anyone who uses Ambi, or any other "even out the skin tone" :bs: creams KNOW they are doing nothing but bleaching their skins! And I know it because I fell for that "even out the skin tone" crap and bought some Ambi. After a couple day's use, my skin looked "brighter" (not lighter, but brighter). I was enchanted! After about a week of using it, I went holy crap! Not bright, I was getting LIGHTER!

Sorry, but Lady Brown (skin) has EVERY intention of 'sticking around,' thankyouverymuch! I ditched that crap. :roll:

At any rate, it was distressing to see the smiling, vivacious, young and nubile girls mucking up their complexions to become, as they called it, "red." And they were beautiful. Browns and beautiful NATURALLY even-toned black skins. :ty:

Well, it was a lovely in an odd kind of way, film. As well as instructive, and breaking it all the way down about the push to Arabize African peoples and cultures. To get African tribes to disavow their languages and cultures and adopt, as several called it, a "fake" culture of Arabization.

A luta continua.... wherever in the world you find us.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.25.2016 at 07:22 PM
Nostalgia time....

I used to be in a club that sponsored a Silver Gloves boxing team. Silver Gloves is the "pee-wee" version of the Golden Gloves. Think it's boys 11-14, something like that. Been a while....

Anyhoo, I thought about a kid I didn't particularly care for one way or the other (for reasons too long to go into). We were at a local boxing match. Our boys were all black. With the exception of one, all the other teams were white. This kid, who was a pretty good boxer, was in the ring with a little white boy. They sparred for a while, then our kid did something that took everyone's breath away. Boxed into a corner, he turned his back, hunched over the ropes.... and waited to be beaten in the back.

It was obvious that was the way he handled bullies on the playground. Even the white kid in the ring got a perplexed, then "what am I supposed to do?" look on his face at this literal about-face.

Into the stunned silence, I sprang into action. Jumping up and down, fury on my face, trust, no Soccer Mom has anything on me!

"Fight, X! Fight! Turn around and knock his block off! Knock im into Sunday! Fight, boy! Fight!!!!" (think I scared the little white boy... lol)

Little X turned and boxed like he'd never boxed before. Even so, the match was only a "draw." To everyone's surprise (and gratitude) the white referee raised Little X's hand and pronounced him winner. Even the little white boxer wasn't upset - wasn't happy, but realized Little X NEEDED that win!

Little X said nothing to me (for me - all in a day's "inspiration" ...lol), but about a week later, I was talking to his mother. To my surprise, she told me that Little X appreciated my Soccer Mom antics, that he felt something like a burst of adrenalin (not her words), swung around and began wailing on the white kid when he heard me yelling at him to "fight!" It wasn't my words, I knew, that made him feel good. No. It was (take out your hankie) because for the first time, someone was on HIS side in a fight. Someone was rooting for HIM (to knock a strange kid's block off ...lol). That he had a friend who would go the distance for/with him, who wasn't afraid to yell out 'beat the crap out of a "white" boy' in front of an audience of at least, 90% white people; that he wasn't alone.

:ummm: Wonder what happened to him? I don't remember his name, and it's been over 20 years.....

Ah well. Another "star" in my crown when I get to heaven. :cloud:

BMFRU2
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Awake and Aware

[*] posted on 3.27.2016 at 11:08 AM

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.27.2016 at 12:42 PM

B, this is my BLOG (journal, DIARY). Just like no one writes anything in your blogs, you are not permitted to write anything in mine, ok? Please delete your entry.

Btw, the boy's father (a black THUG) was in the home. And his mother is white, so give the dysfunctional black family :bs: a rest.

P.S.
There isn't the black boy alive who wouldn't JUMP at a chance to join a boxing gym run by a former Pro Boxer... even popular boys that bullies DON'T attack on the playground. :roll:

P.S.S.

For anyone else who missed the point of my "musings," it was not about an incident in the life of a "passive" child. It was about an 11 year old boy who needed someone "respected" to tell him it was ok to beat the ish out of another kid wailing on him and WIN. It was about an 11 year old boy who at a critical juncture in his life needed only a friend, a buddy to be on his side.... and God sent him momma bear.

BMFRU2
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Awake and Aware

[*] posted on 3.28.2016 at 03:11 PM

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.28.2016 at 04:04 PM

This is why people should read the :rules: before they start posting. Under Blogs & Journals it clearly states: members are not allowed to post in anyone's journal but their own.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed that no one EVER posts in your (multiple) blogs. That's the reason why. They follow the "rules." ;)

Btw, to remove the post, all you have to do is to hit the Edit button in top right side of the post you want to remove, then on the next screen hit Delete this message !. That's it. The post will disappear. :tu:

Pages:  1  2  3  4

Go To Top