Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: White House Flabbergasted, Shocked by Rising Gun Sales - You?
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 12.12.2015 at 01:23 AM
White House Flabbergasted, Shocked by Rising Gun Sales - You?

President Barack Obama's spokesman Josh Earnest said on Thursday that the White House is flabbergasted by the record number of Americans seeking to buy guns in recent weeks.

"The more that we see this kind of violence on our streets, the more people go out and buy guns," he said. "That is both ironic and tragic."

Every person with just a basic degree of common sense knows why it's happening -- Americans no longer feel safe and believe the Obama administration will try to outlaw gun sales when it can -- but sadly, no such people are part of this horrendous administration. As Earnest said when asked to explain the record sales numbers: "I don't know. I really don't know."

He added:

In some cases these are individuals who believe that they need to buy a gun so that they can better protect themselves. In some cases because itís Black Friday, they probably are going and purchasing a gift for a friend or a loved one who is a gun enthusiast. Iím just pointing out that there are already an astonishing number of guns on the streets of America and far too many innocent Americans who are being killed by them.

In contrast to Earnest, Americans also see the violence -- especially terrorist attacks like the one in San Bernardino last week -- and realize that if they don't protect themselves, nobody's going to do it. That's logical to every person with at least some basic degree of common sense, but not to Earnest:

Itís tragic that in the immediate aftermath of a series of high profile mass shootings, that people feel like they have to go out and purchase a gun,Ē he said. ďThat ready access to guns and that proliferation of violent weapons of war has not led to fewer gun deaths. Itís tragic that even in the situation where we have lots of guns on the streets that lead to lots of innocent Americans being killed, that the response to that is that a whole lot more guns end up on the streets. Thatís tragic and ironic.

Again we have the same liberal talking point repeated time and again: guns kill people.

No libs, guns do no such thing. They're just a tool. Not guns, but violent criminals and terrorists kill people. San Bernadino's killers' guns had nothing to do with the attack. They were just there. It took someone -- a radical Muslim man and his terrorist wife -- to point them at innocent people and pull the trigger.

However, guns can also be used for good. What if one or two of the murdered people in San Bernardino had guns with them? They would've been able to defend themselves and their colleagues, and prevent the terrible bloodbath.

Josh Earnest doesn't get that, but the average American does. And that's precisely why Americans are buying more guns than ever before. That's not "tragic," but extremely sensible. And responsible.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2015/12/11/josh-earnest-white-house-flabbergaste...

JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12.12.2015 at 01:53 PM
My experience here recently

At work, the talk of owning or having guns have come up several times....we have armed guards who regularly patrol the grounds of our employer on bicycles. One of their routines is walking through the employee lounge and the building in general. Conversations with these guys, especially ones who are attuned to whats' going do draw a small crowd around them.

Personally, I'm not against the hunting rifles or the revolvers......it's the military style pistols/rifles that carries more than 10 rounds I don't care for.
WHY?
Because military style weapons are made to HUNT PEOPLE! And to maim, kill, destroy as much as possible in a very short period of time.
I'd learned that lesson back in the early to mid-1970's.

3 weeks ago...before San Bernardino, California incident....My girlfriend and I visited a local gun store. We view the various weapons, mainly pistols, they had available. The salesman walked up and greeted us and asked what we're looking for...
I informed him my girlfriend is very interested in purchasing a weapon.
What would you recommend for her?

her physical description: She's 5'0" tall, weighs about 120 lbs. In her mid 50's and still works.

The salesman handed her an automatic pistol, small one and asked her to pull back the bolt....She had trouble doing so....that's when the salesman said, "Here, try this!" It was a .38 caliber, snub nose, 2 inch barrel, revolver.
He then asked her to hold it up, gave her quick instruction on how to hold it up properly.
The pistol has a good size handle which makes it easier to grip for her small hands. Double action.....which means you can simply pull the trigger or pull back the hammer(cocking it) then pull the trigger. And it carries 5 rounds.
cost: $350.00

We had a conversation with the salesman about lessons and classes. He can hook us up with certified instructors.

AFTER SAN BERNARDINO shooting.....

She informed me she's purchasing that weapon, the 5 shot, .38 revolver and taking lessons after Christmas
AND she wants me to come with her.....

BUDGET:

for the two of us

2 pistols...700 bucks (brand new)
lessons....200 bucks plus
then I added the conceal carry permits, bullets and a few accessories.

my guestimate is about 1,200 to 1,500 bucks which includes several hours of range training.
Talking about a serious hobby.....She said, I'm serious and I'm willing to pay for it all!

side note:

3 days ago, we went to a holiday festival with 3 grand-kids in tow. The festival was full of parents, grandparents, and their kids.
When I entered the gate, I saw a police officer, in plain clothes greet everyone at the gate. Greeted us as well. He had a mic hooked to a communication device. And it reminded me, that THIS is a situation where these mad gunman attack. A large unarmed crowd enjoying the festivities.
I made up a plan to scoop up the kids and run for cover!......just in case!
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 12.12.2015 at 04:15 PM

Quote:

military style weapons are made to HUNT PEOPLE! And to maim, kill, destroy as much as possible in a very short period of time.

:ia:

MY experience

My deceased husband needed weapons in his job. Since he didn't get home from work until about 2 or 3 in the morning, he brought home a spare and gave it to me. We were living in a small town where nobody locked their doors. In the summer, I even left the door OPEN to catch a breeze.... while I slept! Once the gun was beside my bed, however, I found that every time my husband came home, I'd wake and automatically reach for it. After a couple nights of finding a gun pointed at his chest when he entered bedroom, I told him to take the gun back. We were newlyweds and I wasn't ready to become a widow.

The only way I'd purchase a gun is if the government decided that ONLY cops could carry them. Should that happen, I'd buy one off the black market, if necessary.

jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: i'm cool.....

[*] posted on 12.12.2015 at 07:07 PM

this country is going to hell.....:yes:
BMFRU2
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Awake and Aware

[*] posted on 12.13.2015 at 04:26 PM

2days Sunday, and the local GUN STORE is WIDE OPEN. Park where U can. So what does THAT tell U?

Go To Top