Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: What is Karma?
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12.12.2015 at 12:40 AM
What is Karma?

• What is Karma?

Karma is the law that every cause has an effect, in other words, our actions have results.
This simple law explains a number of things: inequality in the world, why some are born handicapped and some gifted, why some live only a short life. Karma underlines the importance of all individuals being responsible for their past and present actions. How can we test the karmic effect of our actions?
The answer is summed up by looking at:
(1) the intention behind the action
(2) effects of the action on oneself,
and (3) the effects on others.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 12.21.2015 at 11:03 AM

My Understanding:

Karma....My actions determines my outcome

years ago...I was neck deep in debt (owed serious money)....I wanted out of this mess which I created. Then one night while listening to the radio while driving a truck...This man was talking about the very thing I was trying to solve. He listen to people calling in on his radio show and get practical answers. Who is this guy? I thought.
One day while at the library with my kids I saw his radio man name on a book. I pick it up and browsed through it. End up checking it out!
After reading I put it into ACTION......that action lead to my divorce, it became the last straw that broke the camels' back.....few years later it lead to my being free of debt!
My past actions lead me to my present situation, I read a few more books, gain knowledge about money and put that knowledge into action.
I now have a excellent credit score and on my way to purchasing a home.(for retirement)
You can change your outcome!
That is the lesson here......KARMA

because of this....I'm able to help my children through college....which by the way, change their outcome.(karma)
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 12.21.2015 at 01:10 PM

I always thought Karma was about 'payback' - along the order of I steal your money; someone else steals my car. This is the first time I've ever heard of Karma being about changing one's fate. I mean, if you can change it, how is it "fate?" :headscratch:

JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.23.2016 at 02:57 PM

You're right Tea Honey.....it's not fate!
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.23.2016 at 03:12 PM

If it's not fate, it's not karma. :nono:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.24.2016 at 05:13 PM
Going a bit deeper....

Karma IS fate. However, it's a NEGATIVE fate. It's payback for a negative deed YOU did, e.g., you cause me to lose my home; you lose something as big and important to you as my home was to me.

IMO, Karma is ALL negative. I can list a couple instances of Karma in my life where I knowingly did something wrong and in my case, the exact same wrong was done to me by another. I cannot think of one good thing that has happened to me that I can link to a good deed I did previously. Ergo, when I am good, it is TRULY for goodness sake. I get no 'payback', that is, no rewards for my good deeds.... except for the satisfaction of helping out another. Tit for tat Karma ain't no where around. But when I do something wrong... that I KNOW is wrong... that bitch lays in ambush for me!

So while personal responsibility is, indeed, a component of Karma, it's the personal responsibility found in "I KNOW I'm doing wrong...." It all goes back to what our mothers told us as kids: "Don't worry when someone does you wrong. They'll get it back. You may not be around to see it, but they WILL get it back!"

Our mothers were speaking of Karma, a negative fate we create with our own negative actions and deeds. Which is why nobody ever says winning the lottery (positive) is "karma" for helping an old lady (positive) on the bus. :whistle:

JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.25.2016 at 02:32 AM

I looked up the definition of..... Fate

_the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.

Karma....in short, Our actions have results....not predetermine by somebody else.

Again, OUR actions have results! It is reality!

In your point of view...TeaHoney, its negative!

In my point of view....it's reality!
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.25.2016 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JrHagler
I looked up the definition of..... Fate

_the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.

Not only did I look up the definition of Karma, I copy and pasted it:

Quote:

kar·ma

/ˈkärmÉ™/

noun

1. (in Hinduism or Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences

As I wrote:

Quote:

it's a NEGATIVE fate. It's payback for a negative deed YOU did

While the dictionary definition doesn't say Karma is "negative," I preferenced my statement by saying "IMO, Karma is ALL negative." So, going with the dictionary definition.... while leaving out 1) my opinion and 2) the 'religious' aspect which almost ALL Americans do when speaking of Karma:

a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences to (the Americanized).... a person's actions PREVIOUSLY viewed as deciding their fate IN THE FUTURE.... we get "karma is a NEGATIVE fate. It's payback for a negative deed."

The "payback" is the karma, and Karma ALWAYS comes at a future date. So yes:

Quote:

Karma....in short, Our actions have results....not predetermine by somebody else.

Again, OUR actions have results! It is reality!

Like I said - do wrong, and you'll get it back. With Karma, it's ALL on you. You make the action that is NOT predetermined by anyone else and it will come back to haunt you. And since I've never heard of anyone getting "payback" for something someone else did in the past, that is exactly what I said.

Quote:

In your point of view...TeaHoney, its negative!

Yes, JrHagler, that is exactly my POV. I even stated it.

Quote:

In my point of view....it's reality!

Then we are agreed. The reality is that I can steal another's purse and my DAUGHTER will NOT get "payback" when she grows up for my theft.

Btw, reading books as you stated in the OP has nothing to do with Karma. Stealing them might, but "reading" them? :no:

JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.26.2016 at 10:36 PM

Karma is reality.....

and life is suffering....maybe that's where you get your negativity from.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.26.2016 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JrHagler
Karma is reality.....

and life is suffering....maybe that's where you get your negativity from.

No, Jr.H. You're negative; you're childish, peevish and not intelligent enough to have a civil discussion, resorting as ever to petulant name-calling. Because I know what I'm talking about, I'm the most positive poster on this site, so have some respect. I know I've tried with your "I may bankrupt of ideas and not know what the freak I'm talking about but I can call folk names" triteness.

Oh, btw. Karma. See what happens when you make a NEGATIVE attack? It comes back to bite you in the azz.

JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.30.2016 at 03:03 AM

No, Jr.H. You're negative; you're childish, peevish and not intelligent enough to have a civil discussion, resorting as ever to petulant name-calling.

You lost me Tea Honey.....I did not say these things!

Go To Top