Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5
Author: Subject: The Honorable Queen Fannie Lou Hamer
Kamau
Lifetime Member

Mood: SOLAR(always)

[*] posted on 9.4.2015 at 09:27 AM
The Honorable Queen Fannie Lou Hamer

The civil rights icon Fannie Lou Hamer also experienced it firsthand, and publicized it to the world. In 1963, while riding a bus home from a voter education workshop, she was arrested when the bus stopped in Winona, Mississippi. An officer violently put her in a squad car and took her to jail. After being called racial epithets, she was placed in a cell where the police forced two black prisoners to beat her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/-william-lynch-iii/black-women-in-the-fight-aga...

Worshippn' the Original.
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 9.8.2015 at 08:53 AM

because of your service, we are able to continue

Worshippn' the Original.
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 08:48 AM

they want us to forget you. they don't want us to honor your memory in general and adore and respect you as a Black Woman in particular.

but, no matter what the maladjusted, anti-Black Women people do...we will never forget you beautiful Queen...we will keep you name and presence alive.

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 10:59 AM
The 'posting opportunistic' necrophiliac is wrong - nobody on the CL has 'forgotten' one of the greatest black Americans EVER!

Mabus

Forty years ago, in 1964, Fannie Lou Hamer and the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party stood at the Democratic convention in Atlantic City fighting to preserve voting rights for all America and all Democrats, regardless of race or gender.

Hamer's stand inspired Dr. King's march in Selma, which brought about the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Twenty years ago, Reverend Jesse Jackson stood at the Democratic National Convention in San Francisco, again, appealing to the preserve those freedoms.

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=5262&page=1#pid71129

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 01:11 PM
Only someone who is NOT African-Amercian would even think the late, great Fannie Lou Hamer had been 'forgotten' (puh-lese!)

Tea Honey

In 1968, Fannie Lou Hamer and the Mississippi Freedom Party stormed the Democratic National Convention and demanded (power concedes nothing without a demand) and WON black representation at the convention. In 2008, Barack Obama was elected POTUS.

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=63192&page=1#pid687256

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 01:15 PM
Forgotten? The woman labeled 'The Spirit of the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT?'

Forgotten??? :wtf:

Co-founder of the Mississippi Freedom Party

Co-founder of SNCC

Honorary degree of Dr. of Humanit6ies from Tougaloo College and Shaw University
Honorary Degrees from Columbia College, Chicago and Howard University

Recipient of the:
National Sojourner Truth Meritorious Service Award
Paul Robeson Award from Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Mary Church Terrell Award and Honorary lifetime member of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority

Inductee into the National Women's Hall of Fame

Don't waste your cheap pity on our sister. Pity the bear! :roll:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 01:30 PM
Like I said, we sistas don't need no FAKIRS (looking for a posting opportunity to exploit) to celebrate ourselves!

Tea Honey

ie Lou Hamer

born: October 6, 1917
died: March 14, 1977

A victim of Nazi-style eugenics and sterilized against her will by the State of Mississippi who went on to become leader of the Mississippi delegation that stormed the 1968 Democratic Convention and demanded to be seated as the TRUE representatives of the people of Mississippi. Her delegation's partial victory of being seated alongside the white-only Mississippi delgation paved the way for Barak Obama to become President of the United States.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

If the white man gives you anything - just remember when he gets ready he will take it right back. We have to take for ourselves. (No one gives away power. Power is ALWAYS taken.)

Nobody's free until everybody's free.

People have got to get together and work together. I'm tired of the kind of oppression that white people have inflicted on us and are still trying to inflict.

There is one thing you have got to learn about our movement. Three people are better than no people. (Only about 1% of African-Americans were active in the Civil Rights Movement.... yet those few managed to change the world)

White Americans today don't know what in the world to do because when they put us behind them, that's where they made their mistake... they put us behind them, and we watched every move they made.

With the people, for the people, by the people. I crack up when I hear it; I say, with the handful, for the handful, by the handful, cause that's what really happens.

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=48856&page=7

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 01:54 PM
Neither does Mississippi born and bred Chris Money need FAKIRS to exploit his native state SHERO!

ChrisMoney

What about Fannie Lou Hamer? She did a lot for the struggle in Mississippi after Medgar Evers assassination.

WOMEN WHO HAVE DIED OR BEEN TORTURED FOR THE BLACK STRUGGLE....THE LIST
http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=46902&page=1#pid579805

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 01:59 PM
Another member of the SISTERhood who spits on your swarmy necrophilia for an ICON of the Civil Rights Movement:

ShugaHoneyBunch's signature line:

"Whether you have a Ph.D., or no D, we're in this bag together....work together with the black man, then we will have a better chance to just act as human beings.."
Fannie Lou Hamer

Forgotten, my patootie! :roll:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 02:05 PM
How DARE this upstart, no-nothing say Fannie Lou Hamer is .... forgotten!!!

Tea Honey

Jessie Jackson, Jr. was born and raised in Chicago. BEFORE OBAMA.... he was upwardly mobile, and a member of the black Chicago politico elite, groomed and hoping to outdo his father, the first serious black candidate for POTUS (Shirley Chisolm of New York was the first black, but nobody talks about her - newspapers actually did blackouts on her campaign activities). Then the boy from Hawaii moved to Chicago, and standing on the shoulders of JJ, Jr.'s father and other black politico ground-breakers like Fannie Lou Hamer, the rest is history.

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=60571&page=1#pid676919

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 02:17 PM
And yet the know-nothing who would use our greatest sister as a posting opporunity, didn't know this (sheesh):

Eugenics means 'well born' (as in Nazi 'Aryan')

Beginning in the 1920s, 30 states passed eugenics laws - the same laws that underlaid, and APPROVED of, Hitler's Germany's gassing of 6 million Jews, 2 million Gypsies, 3 million Russian POWs, as well as assorted Poles, dissidents, Jehovah's Witnesses, and, of course, ex-patriate black soldiers of WWI who stayed behind in Germany, along with their German wives and, especially, their mulatto children. It was an effort by WHITES - not black, brown, yellow, or red, just white people - to "purify" the gene pool of the world. In short, to get rid of all those whites considered to be "undesireables." Those laws began in the United States. California sterilized more women than any other state in the union. The great Fannie Lou Hamer was sterilized in Mississippi. North Carolina, who only stopped sterilizing "undesireables" in 1974, however, is the only state to offer reparations for denying women the right to bear children.... against their wills and without their knowledge.

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=58637&page=1#pid671803

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 02:19 PM
Tributes to Fannie Lou Hamer from people who don't use the GREATS as 'posting opportunities'

There is a Fannie Lou Hamer Memorial Garden in Ruleville, Mississippi.[27] It was rededicated by the city on July 12, 2008.[27] The Fannie Lou HamerCivil Rights Marker (part of the Memorial Garden) was unveiled on May 25, 2011.[27] A statue of Fannie Lou Hamer was unveiled in October 2012 at the Memorial Garden.[28][29][30]
In 1970 Ruleville Central High School held a "Fannie Lou Hamer Day".
In 1976 the City of Ruleville celebrated a "Fannie Lou Hamer Day".[31]
On June 30, 2015, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings[32] released the album "Songs My Mother Taught Me by Fannie Lou Hamer."[33]

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 02:24 PM
Even foreign-born blacks know about Fannie Lou Hamer!

Crabrice

(for some reason, this post is not copying and pasting :dunno: )

Five Black Americans Who Deserve Monumants!!

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=57792&page=1#pid669000

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 10.6.2015 at 03:26 PM

the maladjusted would like for Black Women to not embrace their beauty, their intelligence and their sophistication. the maladjusted seeks to disrupt the flow of data regarding the magnificence of Black Women...the maladjusted will try everything they can with the ultimate goal of trying to fulfill a certainty that Black Women do not embrace their beauty and Perfection.

bewildered by the delivery of the beautiful data and information regarding Black Women, the maladjusted sit in dark rooms trying to figure out how to stop Black Women from embracing their divinity.

the maladjusted should know that when it comes to the adoration of Black Women, our work is not scattered, isolated or patchy. and because of that,we will continue to say the names of Black Women...we will continue to adore Black Women...we will continue to honor our Queens now and forever more.

we will do more than just mention your name "once" upon a time here and there intermittently remote, sporadically infrequent and irregular and every now and then occasionally from time to time ever so often and once in a while and just maybe...in a blue moon...that's not love...that's maladjusted pretending to love...

with me, your names, your divinity, your magnificence won't be buried in a stack of folders, in a box, down in the mildew-smelling basement---and someone says "see, I said her name...once...somewhere... in the distant past."

the people see that it's not me who divides their board time between gossiping about what black man is sexing a Kardashian and throw in an occasional, honorable mention regarding something 'positive' about a Black Woman.

the people feel my passion and so the numbers express that claim...on the thesis of Black Woman's beauty, the numbers are not expressed in those who are maladjusted.

and the reason why my numbers are steadily rising is because the people know that genuine honor for the Black Woman is a commitment. it requires dedication and loyalty to and for Black Woman---all the traits my mumz taught me to give Black Women.

thus, genuine love for the Black Woman is readily seen...genuine respect for the Black Woman is continual...it is a constant...not some one shot, 'oh I did it once, let me go find it though under the steps and blow the dust off it' type scenario.

therefore, we will keep your names lit like ancient fires in the night forest of the Ancient World, and I will make sure the fires of the Black Woman's beauty and Perfection never go out...and that's what it means to say the Black Woman's name.

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.7.2015 at 02:14 PM
The man whose insanity is surpassed ONLY by his ignorance of African-American Greats, speaks:

Quote:

we will do more than just mention your name "once" upon a time here and there intermittently remote, sporadically infrequent and irregular and every now and then occasionally from time to time ever so often and once in a while and just maybe...in a blue moon...that's not love...that's maladjusted pretending to love...

And he would know ALL about "maladjusted...." which begins with an inability to follow :rules:

Posting more than 5 threads/day is :spam: Ok?

At any rate, leaving the child - another post about Fannie Lou:

Quote:

Forged in the fires of the '60s arose the tempered, flaming swords of Dr. King, Malcolm X, Medgar Edgars, Fannie Lou Hamer, Stokely Carmichael and the Children of the '60s, flashing in defence of their people

Notice - no "yep." "that's right." "I will never forget you, (hard to 'forget' when you never knew anything about the sista to begin with, huh? :smh: )", ad nauseum. No, just informative stuff by MULTIPLE posters on the CL who actually know something about Fannie Lou Hamer.

Oh, btw, that's 11 quotes and counting. Trust, there are multiple threads and SCORES of posts where our late, great sister is "mentioned."

Not to mention SCORES of people who, if they read this nonsense, would be as offended as I am that the necrophiliac decided to add a sister he's not fit to be in the same room with... to his "stable" of dead black women.

Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5

Go To Top