Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  15
Author: Subject: The Majesty of Big-Boned Black Women
Kamau
Lifetime Member

Mood: SOLAR(always)

[*] posted on 5.27.2015 at 10:58 AM
The Majesty of Big-Boned Black Women

http://s2.postimg.org/hh3dladrt/Snapshot_6_11_19_2015_5_53_AM.png From the outset, it should be considered that there are scenarios where weight--whether over or under-- can be problematic as it relates to one's health. To that, we are, of course, not stating debilitating health is attractive or a thing to be desired.

That said, adoration has always been attached to the big-boned Black Woman's physique.

We know that in Africa, there are many cultures which regard big-boned women with great honor and status. If you can get past some of the racist entries, in the book Tales of Travels in Central Africa by Williams Joseph Snelling and Griswold Goodrich, they write:

"It seems that in this country, a woman who is [opulent] is of course, thought very beautiful." (page 95, Gray & Bowen, Boston 1831).

Notice how the writers say "of course" which means that in that land, in that country, it goes without saying that Black Women who are big-boned are considered beautiful women. And that's fairly recent dating back only in the 1800s. In a moment, we'll go back even further. But for now. what happened?

Why now features of Black Women which were known and accepted and obvious to be glorious and beautiful are now seen as unattractive and undesirable?

What did the West do to effectively downgrade the beauty of the Black Woman? So that now some of us look at big-boned Black Women and choose to make jokes and mean-spirited remarks.

Although the methods and details cannot all be explained in this short space, it can be summarized for a cursory understanding.

It can be seen that from early on in the formation of the United States through the Victorian era and one can make the argument even now, the woman who is white, had already had her behaviors and image controlled by her men.

When some of us (blacks) were brought here in the States, our Black Women, brought a new flava to the West. She was the antithesis to the woman in the West: Glorious, often independent, maybe opulent and blazed her own trail. This Afrikaness couldn't be tolerated. It might spread. Thus, the satire of the big-boned Black Woman being bray, unreasonably dominant and with a sassy character was constructed by American image makers.

To be sure, the character was created to accomplish a number of goals not limited to controlling the social interaction with black people. However, two of the main goals were to (1)divest Black Women of her divinity and (2) simultaneously controlling what would be considered beauty in the West. The latter is key because if Black Women, who are big-boned, are taught to see and believe that being opulent is comical, unsexy and the opposite of majestic, then you will have an entire culture of Black Women trying to be thin-boned in order to fit what the West has dictated what beauty is.

But the ancient records keeps us informed of the beauty and rich legacy of big-boned Black Women. Yoruba women equates big-boned with status.

Black Women, of all physiques, had for millions of years been considered as the Saviors of the world, the highest model of female purity and the portress.

And may I remind you of the legendary Candaces of Meroe , Kerma and Napata. These were big-boned Black Women who ruled ancient Nubia for thousands of years. And like the Queens of Kemet, their images remain carved in stone after more than one million years.

Worshippn' the Original.
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: i'm cool.....

[*] posted on 5.27.2015 at 01:15 PM

you lost me.....i don't eat no fat :yuck:
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 10:35 AM

Brothas with deeper levels of awareness know Black Women are, as a collective, geometrical.

Her beauty is unlimited.

To think Black Women, with her long history of greatness and existence, must be obligated to a box is, at best, naive. (Notwithstanding, Western-flavored).

If a brotha ever calls a Black Woman "fat" or anything similar, that brotha is not on a higher level of thought---no matter how good he pretends to act like he is.

Worshippn' the Original.
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamau
Brothas with deeper levels of awareness know Black Women are, as a collective, geometrical.

Her beauty is unlimited.

To think Black Women, with her long history of greatness and existence, must be obligated to a box is, at best, naive. (Notwithstanding, Western-flavored).

If a brotha ever calls a Black Woman "fat" or anything similar, that brotha is not on a higher level of thought---no matter how good he pretends to act like he is.

hmmmmm.....only those who agree wit U is on da higher level?
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesfrmphilly
hmmmmm.....only those who agree wit U is on da higher level?

absolutely.

because Brothas on a higher level don't do the bells about Ra Un Neter Amen and the whistles on how much they know about "white supremacy", and then turn around and call the first woman of the planet a mean-spirited name.

how you think you on a higher level when you disrespecting the first woman of the planet using "white supremacy" methods to help destroy Black Women? with your ankh in your left hand and your "Meter Neter" book in your right hand, while proclaiming you understand "white supremacy."

what sort of black men wouldn't agree with me that all Black Women are beautiful, except pretenders?

Worshippn' the Original.
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
what sort of black men wouldn't agree with me that all Black Women are beautiful, except pretenders?

ok, U got me. i not on yr level......:bd:
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
U got me. i not on yr level......:bd:

obviously.

but what troubles me more is that you think you can disrespect Black Women and think you are not being used by the "white supremacy" machine you love to warn about.

completely amazes me how you dribble quote Neely Fuller and others about how "white supremacy" destroys the mind of black people. but some how, some way, located somewhere in a narrow space of your brain, you seem to find enough temerity to do the very thing you say "white supremacy" does.

so if one follows your ways, you can spit in the Black Woman's face, call her a bch and throw her to the ground and still claim your anti-"white supremacy" position, right?

as well as claim you still love Black Women, right?

with your Metu Neter in hand, you think you got what it takes to call a Black Woman "fat"? not at all being sensitive to what mean-spirited labels like that can do to the mentals of a Queen who may not have graduated from the Western-based deception of beauty.

who gave you a license to participate in the destruction of our Black Women? what do you gain from your mean-spirited actions?

Worshippn' the Original.
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
U got me. i not on yr level......:bd:

obviously.

but what troubles me more is that you think you can disrespect Black Women and think you are not being used by the "white supremacy" machine you love to warn about.

completely amazes me how you dribble quote Neely Fuller and others about how "white supremacy" destroys the mind of black people. but some how, some way, located somewhere in a narrow space of your brain, you seem to find enough temerity to do the very thing you say "white supremacy" does.

so if one follows your ways, you can spit in the Black Woman's face, call her a bch and throw her to the ground and still claim your anti-"white supremacy" position, right?

as well as claim you still love Black Women, right?

with your Metu Neter in hand, you think you got what it takes to call a Black Woman "fat"? not at all being sensitive to what mean-spirited labels like that can do to the mentals of a Queen who may not have graduated from the Western-based deception of beauty.

who gave you a license to participate in the destruction of our Black Women? what do you gain from your mean-spirited actions?

:deadhorse:
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.28.2015 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
:deadhorse:

and that's so typical of a pretender. once they get checked on the disrespect of Black Women, they wanna stop. can't take it. but had no problem, at all, (with the Metu Neter in their hand) pushing the Black Woman off the cliff and spitting in her face and calling her "fat."

but now you want mercy.

you are supposed to be armed with the dangers of "white supremacy" (because you dribble it all the time) and the knowledge of the Metu Neter; and you don't see there's something disconnecting with the synapses in your brain when you can--with ease--call a Black Woman "fat"?

but you love you some Black Woman, huh?

Worshippn' the Original.
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.29.2015 at 10:52 AM

Recall we spoke about how big-boned Black Women expand thousands, indeed, millions of years and not only big-boned Black Women, but all Black Women can be found in all purported holy books. No other non-black woman can boast of that honor.

Remember we spoke about the Candaces? Ok, here's what the Bible notes about these beautiful big-boned Black Women:

And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship... (Acts 8:27)

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 5.29.2015 at 12:09 PM

The Queens of Ethiopia, otherwise known as the Candaces, were warrior-queens, neither 'big boned' nor fat. Prominently mentioned in the bible is the Queen of Sheba, a Candace, yet nowhere does it say she's fat OR 'big-boned.' At least try to keep it real. SMH

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.29.2015 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tea_Honey
The Queens of Ethiopia, otherwise known as the Candaces, were warrior-queens, neither 'big boned' nor fat. Prominently mentioned in the bible is the Queen of Sheba, a Candace, yet nowhere does it say she's fat OR 'big-boned.' At least try to keep it real. SMH

That's an inaccurate assumption you provided.

Please review Encyclopedia of Black Studies by Molefi Kete Asante and Ama Mazama (2005), Sage Publications Inc.

On page 385, you'll find these words regarding the physique of the Candaces:

"The iconography generally shows the Candaces to be large women with long, pointed fingernails and very sophisticated jewelry. Scholars have referred to these queens as large, fat, obese or very obese."

Worshippn' the Original.
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 5.29.2015 at 02:38 PM

Quote:

"The iconography generally shows the Candaces to be large women with long, pointed fingernails and very sophisticated jewelry. Scholars have referred to these queens as large, fat, obese or very obese."

http://rone92q.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/serena-williams-inf-3.jpg?w=550&am...
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 5.29.2015 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's an inaccurate assumption you provided.

You need to can the attempts at patronization. You're really not that smart.

Quote:

Please review Encyclopedia of Black Studies by Molefi Kete Asante and Ama Mazama (2005), Sage Publications Inc.

On page 385, you'll find these words regarding the physique of the Candaces:

Why are you quoting a book that calls REAL black queens.... fat?

Quote:

you think you got what it takes to call a Black Woman "fat"? not at all being sensitive to what mean-spirited labels like that can do to the mentals of a Queen who may not have graduated from the Western-based deception of beauty.

Btw, please provide a link that we can access on the web that collaborates your contention that the Queen of Sheba, the Candace mentioned in your biblical verse, was "large, fat, obese or very obese."

A link is necessary because what you're trying to pass off flies in the face of genetics and common sense, i.e, the royal title of Candace was an inherited one, not one given by "commoners" to the fattest woman around. Not to mention, the Candaces were warrior-queens, so called because they literally went to WAR with their subjects. Kinda unusual to find a "very obese" woman OR man doing hand-to-hand with foreign soldiers or mercernaries.

Oh! Right! Since you "contend" the Candaces were big fat woman, ALL ( :roll: ), were the FEMALE warriors of Ethiopia, renowned for their skill and ferocity, obese, as well?

Like I said, try to keep it real. That ain't rain; what you're spewing is :piss:

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.29.2015 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
what you're spewing is :piss:

It's obvious you are frustrated--and maybe a bit embarrased--that your inaccurate assumption was eliminated from the pool of truth. You came into this room confident that you knew what you were speaking about. I showed you otherwise.

Your inaccurate assumption was clear: Candaces were not big-boned, "fat" or obese. You made it seem like you knew what you were talking about. But I dismissed your inaccurate assumption with a well-respected, black Dr of Temple University, who, incidentally, has given scores of doctorate degrees to black students around the world.

Now, instead of you saying something like "Damm, I didn't know that Candaces were big-boned Black Women...my bad, thanks for the info." You gotta come in with irrelevant issues and emoticons to try and conceal your embarrassment.

Remember what I advised you on a few weeks ago: your writing power is more persuasive and adopting when you stay focused on the facts. If you're wrong, just admit it and move on.

Worshippn' the Original.
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  15

Go To Top