Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  22
Author: Subject: Science reveals Black Woman to be the personification of beauty
Kamau
Lifetime Member

Mood: SOLAR(always)

[*] posted on 1.2.2015 at 07:43 PM

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not Tea, but this is an entire board full of people. At the moment, you're just the only one who's actively participating on this subject via posting. But there are many more who's sitting in the cut observing my analysis.

My point being is I did not initiate this examination for any one person. So when I say "we" I'm not singeling you out. I speak in general.

So again, since we have decided that we will not choose the "percentage" model to presto the formation of a Black Woman, we may continue with this examination.

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 1.2.2015 at 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamau
I'm not sure if you've noticed or not Tea, but this is an entire board full of people. At the moment, you're just the only one who's actively participating on this subject via posting. But there are many more who's sitting in the cut observing my analysis.

My point being is I did not initiate this examination for any one person. So when I say "we" I'm not singeling you out. I speak in general.

So again, since we have decided that we will not choose the "percentage" model to presto the formation of a Black Woman, we may continue with this examination.

My bad. Insignificant me had no idea you refer to yourself using the "royal" we. :coffee:

P.S.
And to make sure there no more misconceptions, I say the "royal" we for as you noted, you and I are the only ones posting.... on this thread.

No one else posting to make up that "plurality." At least not on THIS thread. :)

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 1.3.2015 at 08:19 AM

We've already addressed those who are not posting. In fact, it's in what you just quoted from me.

Adding on to that, maybe they have captured the idea that sometimes it's better to observe than speak. (That's not a question).

So we should reiterate (again) that we have decided that we will not choose the "blood percentage" model to presto the formation of a Black Woman because we've come to understand it is a subterfuge method allowing any woman to say she's black.

Bi-racial women (1 black parent + 1 other race parent) are not Black Women; they are bi-racial women. Mariah Carey is not a Black Woman. Nicki Minaj is not a Black Woman. Halle Berry, not Black. Now saying this does not in any way demean them or take away whatever talent people think they may have. We are simply saying stop fronting...you bi-racial.

Admitting few exceptions of one's hue and being bi-racial, just ask ourselves would Nicki Minaj, Halle Berry and Mariah Carey been chosen to star in a 60s Tarzan movie as one of the natives? Or, would they have been chosen to star in the Tarzan movie as the missionaries --sent forth from the West-- to civilize the natives?

As a reminder, the 'blood percentage' model argues that anybody can be black depending on what blood percentage--as determined by the oppressor's arbitrary formula--one has flowing in their bloodstream.

We've agreed to argue against that methodology for obvious reasons.

We may now continue with this examination.

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.3.2015 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
We've already addressed those who are not posting. In fact, it's in what you just quoted from me.

No, WE (you and I) hadn't addressed the lurkers. In fact, I don't recall even YOU (singular) addressing them. But, with the exception of the grammar thang, it's academic.

Quote:

Adding on to that, maybe they have captured the idea that sometimes it's better to observe than speak. (That's not a question).

Had I been aware of your objection to factual information (in a thread bally-hooed as "scientific" :smh: ), I wouldn't have either. :no:

Quote:

So we should reiterate (again) that we have decided that we will not choose the "blood percentage"

"We" who? You, yourself and y'all? :lol:

Quote:

model to presto the formation of a Black Woman because we've come to understand it is a subterfuge method allowing any woman to say she's black.

Bi-racial women (1 black parent + 1 other race parent) are not Black Women; they are bi-racial women.

Nothing remarkable about that. 85% of ALL African-Americans are bi-racial.... or even tri-racial. Now MULATTO women (1 black parent + 1 other race parent) are most def, well, mulatto women.

Quote:

Mariah Carey is not a Black Woman. Nicki Minaj is not a Black Woman. Halle Berry, not Black. Now saying this does not in any way demean them or take away whatever talent people think they may have. We are simply saying stop fronting...you bi-racial.

How are they fronting when by labeling them "bi-racial" (as opposed to their "scientific" designation, mulattoes, at least Carey and Halle :dunno: ), you group them with the MAJORITY of African-Americans in whose veins flows the blood/genes of 2 different races, as well? Thought you were eschewing "percentages" (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc.)? :headscratch:

Quote:

As a reminder, the 'blood percentage' model argues that anybody can be black depending on what blood percentage--as determined by the oppressor's arbitrary formula--one has flowing in their bloodstream.

NOTE: The author is arguing the oppressor's cultural Patrilineal bloodline as the only authentic model, i.e., the one WE (not just "me", but black PEOPLE-type "we") should base our heritage upon. Especially those of us who hail from African cultures where the MOTHER'S bloodline is the one her children are recognized by, i.e., the Matrilineal model. (I know, being "scientific" is such a chore; it's takes effort. Spouting the uninformed rhetoric of the bruthas on the corner is sooooo much easier than actually doing the research **sigh**).

Quote:

We've agreed to argue against that methodology for obvious reasons.

Again, who? You, yourself, and the brutha on the corner?

Quote:

We may now continue with this examination.

Do ya really need a Message Board to continue with you, yourself and y'all's maturbatory musings on who's black and who's not?

psssst! Try saying whatever it is you want to say without pretensions to the "Royal We," and especially without sneaky references to bygone posts. While I acknowledge them, I couldn't care less about mulattoes or those who glory in the rapist's blood. You should leave them in the dust, too.

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 1.3.2015 at 04:20 PM

What we're trying to figure out now is why are you, Tea, keep busting down to come back in and speak on a subject matter that's not interesting....especially when you keep saying lines to the effect: "I'm not coming back no more":dunno:

It's that good huh?:yes:

Ok, if these are the "musings" of just me and nobody but you is even paying attention to my musings (bless your heart) and I'm speaking to myself, please tell me why does that even bother you?:whistle: (not a question).

And what's really puzzling me more is why are you so in defense of wanna-be Black Women? (not a question).

OK, let's see if we (minus Tea, hey that rhymed) can continue this conversation.

But first, let us be mindful yet (again) we have decided the utilization of the 'blood percentage' methodology (or what is colloquially known as the 'one-drop rule') is not persuasive.

We may base our conclusion on a number of considerations including by using that methodology Black Women are divested of their glories and legacy by women who can come to us and say:

"See, I'm a Black Queen too because I got .333333 percentage worth of blood flowing through my veins, so [presto] I'm a Black Woman."

No wonder Katharine Hepburn was able to pull off being the "African Queen" in the movie by the same name and Elizabeth Taylor being portrayed as Cleopatra, an Egyptian Queen.

So then to place a check on that nonsense, it was agreed, by us, that to accept that line of thinking--which is highly illogical-- would be disastrous for not only Black Women specifically, but black people in general.

Hopefully now, without further delay or disruption, we may now continue forth with the examination as to how science demonstrates how Black Women are the personification of beauty.

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.4.2015 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
What we're

Lurkers have said nothing. Only you. Thus, since you have a penchant for creating out of nothing definitions for words in the lexicon.... define "we."

Quote:

trying to figure out now is why are you, Tea, keep busting down to come back in and speak on a subject matter that's not interesting....

If you don't find the subject "interesting," why start up a thread about it?

Quote:

especially when you keep saying lines to the effect: "I'm not coming back no more":dunno:

I said no such thing. What I said was:

Quote:

Okay. I see by your all over the place, vitriolic attacks that you don't want the light of day shining on your pet theory that has no corroboration from ANY source - just something you made up in your head.

Carry on.... without me. :coffee:

And I said it "once." Look up "once" in the dictionary where the commonly accepted definitions of words are. Everything that has come afterward has come precisely because of your nonsensical attacks, except of course when you use the Royal We.... on a Message Board of Commoners, for which I said:

Quote:

I'm done with the nonsense about Darren Wilson :wtf: and all the other STRAWMAN smokescreens. I won't be commenting further on your musings.

:thanx:

Unfortunately, you did not take that as the go ahead for your UNSCIENTIFIC musings (in the African Spirituality Forum, to boot! :faint: ), and persisted with your puerile, calling out by NAME attempt to "one-up" me rather than get on with your "musings" about a subject you are obviously not that familiar with (black women).

Whateva.

Leave my name out of it and I'll feel no compunction to reply.

Oh! And next time you use the Royal We (no lurker has assented that they "agree" with ANYTHING you wrote :) ), I'll put it down to conceit and ignore it.... but you've got to leave my name out of it. :nono:

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 1.4.2015 at 05:54 PM

wait a minute...wait a minute...you suggest this subject I'm kicking is uninteresting, and is "unscientific" and simply the "musings" of someone who's talking to himself because no one is listening.

but you keep coming back again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again :lol: seems you showing up more than those mythical people you claim I have in my mind, right? :lol: (that's not a question).

now if you're not careful, you gone make us think you're being disingenuous and you truly would like to be part of this discussion. because you, Tea, still sitting by the computer waiting to respond? (not a question).

now if you're not truly interested in the subject matter which you say is unscientific then why keep coming back in the door? reminds me of someone who's at the door keep saying they about to leave. they got their hat, coat, cell phone and keys....but they still at the threshold of the door telling us they finna leave--but have yet to allow the materialization of their stated intent :headscratch:

it's apparent that you not going no where :lol: it's cool...we not mad atchu. so put yo coat back in the closet with yo hat, put yo car keys in yo purse and put yo cell phone on silent, have a seat with the rest of the observers... and let's chop it up. we gone talk about us some Black Woman:yes:

so then maybe you can help us out with something. why are you so adamant in the strongest defense for wanna-be Black Women?

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.4.2015 at 11:26 PM

Quote:
wait a minute...wait a minute...you suggest this subject I'm kicking is uninteresting, and is "unscientific" and simply the "musings" of someone who's talking to himself because no one is listening.

You are so sad. :smh:

Oh, you, the would-be "authority" on not only who's black and who's not, but the female of the species as well. **sigh**

At any rate, I see you wish to continue to "talk" to me (the sophomoric "comebacks" you're putting down doesn't rise to the level of "sparring"). Ah well. Guess I'll have to roll another way:

Quote:

Why I write 'okay':

1. I think you're crazy and we all know that you don't argue with crazy people - you agree with them.

2. You've been proven wrong, but you can't admit it or even walk away.

3. You're the smartest person in your group and you're shocked that anyone, even a stranger in cyberspace, does not accept your word as gospel and you lash out at them with lies and peripheral arguments.

4. You're bankrupt of ideas and instead of walking away, you resort to personal attacks.

5. You're a control freak, a dilettante, a gadfly, an obstructionist, pushing an agenda that has nothing to do with the convo but that I can see through, etc.

6. You've found yourself foxed, your ideas filled with holes, and you're blowing smoke, i.e., STRAWMAN arguments.

7. You're boring me.

Thus, In light of the above:

okay

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 1.5.2015 at 08:04 AM

sooooo. we see you done got yo hat, purse, coat, keys and your cell phone. and you at the door's threshhold (again)...soooo...you're leaving :shades: (again)? (that's not a question).

Tea, we all see what you're doing. For some unknown reason (although I'm beginning to develop a theory), you are choosing to play the disruptive student whose arguments are falling on deaf ears because everyone sees you're highly perturbed that we have chosen the road of logic and therefore exercising our option to reject the oppressor's utility of the blood percentage rule that you, Tea, have fully embraced.

Unlike you, we don't believe any woman can be black based on an arbitrary and superficial methodology.

Again, why are you protecting wanna-be Black Women? Why are you fighting to have wanna-be Black girls in the circle? Why are you rejecting common sense science that maintains only a Black Woman's womb can bless the earth with a black child?

Why is this position seemingly causing a personal reaction with you?

Why do you advocate--like the oppressor-- the divestment of the Black Woman's legacy?

So here's the thing. Are you staying(again)...or, are you leaving? (again). If the former, then please be so kind and address the questions put forth before you. If the latter, thanks for allowing us to finally resume the examination.:wave:

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.5.2015 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
sooooo.

okay

Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 2.2.2015 at 03:22 PM

before we move forward, may I ask that you consider a recommendation. may I recommend you try your best to have an open and closed mind as to what we're presenting here regarding the personification of the Black Woman's beauty. so that when we speak of an open mind, you and me are speaking about accepting those things which are beautiful, intelligent and sophisticated about Black Women. for whatever reasons, there are some which will see this recommendation as a difficult task to do especially when it seems its become a mission, of sorts, (especially many brothas who claim to be on higher levels of thought) to ensure that our Black Women know and believe that she's less than divine-- which leads us to the closed mind aspect.

let me say this. it's not one of us who ain't doing something that somebody else don't like. of course, i can name a few things that maybe one or two Black Women do that I don't particularly care for. but I still respect her. and i wish her no harm.

and so what if a Black Woman came at me spraying with an AK47? do I say "shoot me o beautiful Black Woman so that I may rest in the bliss of thou in a cherished afterlife knowing that it was YOU who killed me."

we're not given to naivety. we can be loving, we can be empathetic and we can be defensive at the same time. i had to throw that in because i already know from the gate some of the most worn objections to the Black Woman's divinity.

as to having a closed mind, i ask that you reject the negatives that you assume are connected to Black Women. close your mind to the rabbit-out-of-the-hate tricks, close your mind to the well-designed photo shops; and close your mind to the activities not understood within a contextual prism as they relate to Black Women. in other words, try to avoid summoning an example of why what is and will be presented can't be true because of a Black Woman who you may or may not know, of who you may have seen in some hate-filled video or, if you're a brotha, you still upset from when Talisha rejected you in the 3rd grade 20 something years ago.

adding to the point is the fact that since most who will probably follow this resides in the West, there will always be some type of "example" by which we all can point to in order to distract us from the thesis.

for the purposes of this analysis, let's you and I offer our Black Women--each one and all--the benefit of the doubt.

let's you and I seek out the many positives about her as we begin with her beauty.

Worshippn' the Original.
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: i'm cool.....

[*] posted on 5.18.2015 at 10:20 AM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fa_KZz4FyZM/VT2scaIenSI/AAAAAAAAJLY/FxJVhD...
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.20.2015 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesfrmphilly
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fa_KZz4FyZM/VT2scaIenSI/AAAAAAAAJLY/FxJVhD...

powerful.

Worshippn' the Original.
Kamau
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 5.21.2015 at 09:35 AM

So now that we've agreed that every woman can't be a Black Woman (no matter if there is a black parent), because we categorically reject the black blood percentages model--which seeks to presto a woman into wearing the awesome title of "Black Woman," it's now worth reminding, as we noted elsewhere, the most problematic issues we face when speaking about the Black Woman's beauty is trying to convey a ancient meaning through the medium of a modern language.

The concepts of science and beauty, as used in the colloquial sense, are not sufficient when trying to understand the personification of the Black Woman's existence.

Worshippn' the Original.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 5.21.2015 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
So now that we've agreed that every woman can't be a Black Woman (no matter if there is a black parent), because we categorically reject the black blood percentages model

Other than yourself, who agreed?

Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  22

Go To Top