Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Secular Ignorance
Lazar
Platinum Member

Mood: Enlightened

[*] posted on 5.18.2013 at 11:46 AM
Secular Ignorance

As an avid reader I feel this excerpt is interesting and felt obligated to post the content that I found therein:

Gibson, Joseph R. (2008-12-30). When God Was a Black Woman: And Why She Isn’t Now (p. 1). KITABU Publishing, LLC. Kindle Edition.

"...Most people regardless of race or gender will find it virtually impossible, because of religious conditioning and/or secular ignorance, that God, whenever depicted in human form, was originally depicted as a Black woman. African-Americans are arguably the most apprehensive to refute what has been taught to them as divine, primarily because of the impact enslavement and subsequent cultural imperialism has had on our religious beliefs. We demand concrete proof of such a “ridiculous” proposition as God originally being depicted as a Black woman, even though we never demanded such for a pale, blond-haired, blue-eyed depiction of Jesus—at least not until fairly recently and definitely not en masse. Most of us just accepted Him as fact despite the logic of the very biblical documentation that came along with the image (i.e., “hair like wool, feet of bronze”…born in a region of predominately dark-skinned people)..."

Gibson, Joseph R. (2008-12-30). When God Was a Black Woman: And Why She Isn’t Now (pp. 3-4). KITABU Publishing, LLC. Kindle Edition.

As a social studies teacher, I like teaching concepts and theories to my students that otherwise they would have probably never heard of or even considered before. Accordingly, early in the semester I began teaching a lesson summarizing Stone’s theory to my high school world history classes, and their response to it was troubling: the majority of them simply refused, primarily because of how conditioned there were by their current religion, to believe even in the possibility of God ever being a woman. And they usually wouldn’t even argue against it by using the “androgynous, invisible spirit” argument, but would rather simply commit to the “fact” that God is definitely a man because that is what the Bible (or Qur’an) said....

http://dismissedblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jesus-1.gif

A great source -- link in here
here

MAMI WATA THE GODDESS UNVEILED, Vol(s) I and II - Vivian Hunter Hindrew, M.Ed.

Go To Top