Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: When You see me smiling, Please don't tear me down!
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 3.8.2013 at 01:43 AM
When You see me smiling, Please don't tear me down!

Why is it that anytime a woman feels so happy inside she smiles all over her face.... someone says something mean or cutting to wipe that smile off her face, to tear her down? Dismantle her happiness. Destroy her feeling of radiant well-being? :headscratch:

As a pretty much happy person (i.e., likes myself, who I've made of myself, and seeks out the joy in life), I've had this happen to me more times than I can remember. I'll be feeling really good, laughing, talking to others (it almost never happens unless there is an audience.... an audience of "well-wishers") or smiling serenely happy in a group, when someone, usually another woman, will say something to bring me down, e.g., "I saw that dress you're wearing at a garage sale yesterday - how much did it cost you?" Or bring up something unrelated to anything from the past - "I remember when you were little - I've never seen such scarred up knees on a girl!" (and frown) Or an unpleasantness - "Remember when Rashid dumped you for Shaniqua.... and she was a prostitute! (hehehe)

I say "usually women" because while it does happen with men, it's not so often.... and since the offender is usually some scrub the woman wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, well, we know the reason they do it, i.e., they're abusive, outliers, and want you to pay attention to them, or they're abusive and want to be with you but KNOW you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole!

Men or women, the 'wipe that smile off your face!' people are unhappy (with themselves, their lot in life, whateva) and instead of lighting a candle, prefer to curse the darkness. Or perhaps, think there is nothing BUT darkness so when they see happiness bloom on a woman's face, in service to the "common knowledge/wisdom" that life ain't easy and a woman's LOT in life is to "bleed" (especially a BLACK woman!), they seek, attack, go out of their way to turn her smile into a frown, to bring her happiness down.

I'm pretty sure this happens ONLY to women. I've seen men smiling and laughing and going nuts with joy, and no one ever trying to bring them down. Women? Just the opposite. Put a woman in a group and let her happiness shine and some woman feeling left out, ignored, jealous, envious, what-freakin'-eva will say something cutting to bring her down, to extinguish her joy.

:ummm: Maybe it's like in the workplace where you do your job well and others will say you're trying to "make the rest of us (ME!) look bad!" :po:

Go To Top