Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: The Trail of Tears: Blacks, Indians, Black-Indians
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 3.3.2013 at 05:57 PM
The Trail of Tears: Blacks, Indians, Black-Indians

I bought this video, "The Trail of Tears." I bought it solely because there is a segment called "Black Indians." As one who knows something about the Trail of Tears where Indians were forced out of the southwest (the first gold rush was in Georgia which was pretty much Cherokee territory :ummm: ) and led on a thousand mile Death March, I didn't buy the video to see that. No I bought it to "enlarge" my knowledge of the Seminoles in Florida where most of the Black Indians "escaped" to, i.e., allying with Indians in the crocodile infested swamps which the U.S. government calvary couldn't penetrate.

I didn't watch the totality of either segment.

The one about the, mainly, Georgian Cherokees disgusted me. Wes Studi (of Daniel Day-Lewis' movie "The Last of the Mohicians") narrated. Various Indians gave background, etc. Of all the Indians at the time of the Death March, they were most proud of this putrid dog of a mofo Cherokee who in an effort to "assimilate", built a southern-style plantation house replete with 17 African slaves. :sword: I'm thinking, 'go on wit yo bad selves, mofos who used to pass for black (like Lena Horne's grandfather) to escape swinging, white, steel toe-booted boots up your "red" azzes. :sarcastic: Don't need blacks anymore.... at least not "today".... but when it was convenient and life-saving - as when you knocked runaway slaves out of the way scrambling aboard OUR Underground Railroad - you were all up in our corners and faces. **sigh** Same old, same old.....

Oh! Oh! And then there was the Indian biotch who praised George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and the U.S. constitution's "all men are created equal" saying something about they (George and Tom, as well as the preamble) meant Indians as well as white people were equal to each other. Made me almost lose ALL sympathy for that skank biotch's dispossessed people! Especially since the "3/5ths of a man" is in that same preamble (to the constitution), as well as Slavery being brought up in that same segment. **sigh** What'd I just say - "same old, same old...?"

Anyhoo, what brought me to the computer was the Black Indian segment. Now I'm expecting info on the gallant Black Seminoles who lived in a sort of feudal society - vassels to the overlord Seminole Nation. The Black Seminoles who fought, even led campaigns against the U.S. Cavalry. Black Seminoles without whom, most historians agree, the Seminole Nation would have been overrun by the Cavalry. The Seminole Nation with Black warriors that was NEVER defeated by the U.S.! Every other Indian nation was conquered, but not the Seminoles..... with their AFRICAN chiefs and warriors.

Well! What did they show? A bunch of so-called Black Indians (sorry, but if I can't look at you and tell your race, something's not kosher, okay?) talking smack about how "black" kids didn't accept them growing up because they were Indians.... :faint:

(getting up off the floor....)

...you know, the "unpopular" kids? :ummm: The ONLY black (-looking? SMH ) man who claimed to be an Indian who didn't make me want to throw up, was **gasp** the man with a membership card in the Cherokee Nation. He was the ONLY one with no problem with his Africanness, that didn't blame not being "popular" as a kid on black kids not liking him because he was an "Indian." (Jesus, take the wheel!)

Btw, they were all varying shades of brown (except one light-skinned chick) with either nappy hair, or men (can't call such azzes "bruthas") with "fades" cut low and brushed not-quite-straight (with the exception of one brownie female with curly hair). In other words, every single one of them looked black to the WORLD!

One ugly cow (not being snarky! Broad was messed-up-looking! Pig-eyed with puffy lips that looked like white women's when they get collagen injections to make their lips fuller, only hers were bigger and looked like fat, shapeless worms or badly stuffed sausages). Anyhoo, this obviously black woman who had NO tribal "ID".... as did none of the others except the one spoken of above (and I know she/they didn't because if they had, they'd have shown it PROUDLY :okaaay: ).... this **sigh** person said she had "Afro"-American children who she raised in Indian culture....

Jesus! Take this wheel.... PLEASE!

Uh, notice Ugmo(didn't have much of a "neck", either) said she had AA children. Means the deluded who was raised in a black community, went to school in a black community, and presently lives in a black community married, OBVIOUSLY, to a black man (Joe, the blind wino?) somehow thinks she raised black children with Indian ways, beliefs, culture....

Fortunately this thing only cost me $12. Otherwise, I'd not only demand my money back, but ask for treble damages for being subjected to such GARBAGE! Every last one of those azz-holes was raised in a black community (except the one with the ID card **sigh**). NONE of their black azzes prolly ever set FOOT on an Indian reservation OR has recognized membership in ANY tribe; the ONLY community that ever accepted them in any way, shape, form or fashion was black..... and the mofos act like mulattoes - "Black" people want me to "deny" my Indian ancestry....

Imma leave it Jesus. He has the wheel, 'cause after watching and hearing such black self-hating :bs: I'd be crashed into a tree by now. :yes:

A luta continua. :power:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.3.2013 at 09:37 PM

The thing cost $11.99. I ordered it through the mail. Just not worth the hassle of (trying?) to return it, nor the postage, nor the trip to the P.O., standing in line, etc.

At any rate, there really are black Indians. Most are descendants of the Seminole tribes mentioned above. And they are black, most having no Native American blood in them, whatsoever. Like I said, the Seminoles let.... nay, welcomed them into their tribes (more "fighting" men, more "fertile" females to increase the size of the tribe - trust, it was a boon to the Seminoles that they joined them). Even though Indians didn't operate on Race, unlike white people, and there was some intermarriage between the Seminoles and the black "escaped-slaves-freed-their-own-dayum-selves" Seminoles.... most of the black women did not WANT to marry Seminole warriors. Why? Because they and their men were monogamous and the Seminoles were polygamous.

Thus, while bonafide members of the tribe, the ex-slaves married and cohabitated with each other (in the main - always the "love" story :ty: here and there), and vice versa. But because they were not "blood" Seminoles, they were treated as vassals. White historians want to label them "slaves," but that is NOT the correct word. Just as European peasants were vassals under the protection of the lord(s) of the estate/country and required to give a portion of their crops to said lord, so it was with the blacks. And, as did European peasants with their lords, they fought with the over-lord Seminole chief and his armies. Unlike the down-trodden European peasants, however, Black Seminoles fought fiercely, gladly (they were fighting not only for their lives, but for the hard-won freedom of themselves and their families who would be re-enslaved if they failed). Because of their knowledge, skill, bravery and just plain leadership qualities, as mentioned before, some even led campaigns commanding both black AND Seminole warriors against the U.S. army.

Another boon for the Seminoles was the fact that the blacks had intimate knowledge of whites - the way they thought, their perceptions, i.e., what they thought about the Indians; HOW they thought since what Indians valued (mother Earth, etc.) was NOT what whites valued. They also acted as translators, as most Seminoles could not speak English or had only a rudimentary knowledge of same. Trust, the Black Seminoles were a fa real boon to Native American Seminoles.

At any rate, THIS is what I thought the DVD would be about, i.e., Black Seminoles - not any "I got injun blood!" crap. Especially since DNA tests have shown that only about 5% of African-Americans have ANY Native American ancestry!

ADDENDUM:

The black/Indian "love stories" I mentioned? I read it once, didn't tag it because I just KNEW I could find it again if need be.... and have not been able to since! :po: But it stays on my mind - the black/Indian "love" story for which I can't find verification, but the first time I read it, I knew it was REAL - another effort to blot out our history and racial glory! What was it, you say?

That one of the Seminole Wars (the 2nd?) was fought over a black woman. That the chief of the Seminoles fell in love with the sistah, and when she was captured by the U.S. Army, he took the Seminole Nation to war to get her back. :coffee:

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

lol.gif posted on 4.7.2013 at 11:56 PM
The bible says: Seek and ye shall find... The 2nd Seminole War was fought over a BLACK woman!

Engraving depicting the legendary kidnapping of Osceola's black wife. Published in The Anti-Slavery Almanac of 1839. The key images section contains a more detailed commentary on this image.

Osceola, Chief of the Seminole Nation

Osceola's association with the Black Seminoles gave rise to a fascinating legend, one of the many that constellated around the chief. According to the story, Osceola was finally provoked to violence against the United States only after U.S. Indian Agent Thompson allowed slave raiders to kidnap his beautiful black wife in the summer of 1835. This story, circulated by abolitionists after 1839, has no known basis in fact. Scholars have agreed that it could have been true, given the occasional incidence of African-Seminole intermarriage, but it may well have been the fabrication of antislavery activists. Regardless of its veracity, however, the legend captured the essence of history, expressing the depth of the African-Seminole alliance.

I have to interject here that there is NO proof that the "Congressman's" account was a fabrication OR a mere "legend." :sarcastic: After all, as the author - and I already - said, there was not much intermarriage between the Seminoles and the Black Seminoles.... but there was SOME! Osceola and his BLACK wife were one. :)

At the suckas who try their damnest to write the LOVE OF SISTAHS by every race, every ethnic, every tribe of men who ever existed out of history.... :nana:

Sidetrack:
A factual look at the abolitionists' legend

Back to main trail
In his 1858 political history of the Black Seminoles, Exiles of Florida, Joshua Reed Giddings, an antislavery Congressman from Ohio, offered a lengthy account of the abduction of Osceola's black wife:

"A young and gallant warrior, named Osceola, was the principal actor in one of these scenes. He was the son of an Indian trader, a white man named Powell. His mother was the daughter of a Seminole chief. He had recently married a woman said to have been beautiful. She was the daughter of a chief who had married one of the Exiles; ["Exiles" was Giddings' term for the Black Seminoles; African-Seminole intermarriage occurred, but it wasnot common] but as all colored people by slaveholding law are said to follow the condition of the mother, she was called an African slave. Osceola was proud of his ancestry. He hated slavery, and those who practiced the holding of slaves, with a bitterness that is but little understood by those who have never witnessed its revolting crimes.

"He visited Fort King, in company with his wife and a few friends, for the purpose of trading. Mr. Thompson, the agent, was present, and, while engaged in business, the wife of Osceola was seized as a slave. Evidently having negro blood in her veins, the law pronounced her a slave; and, as no other person could show title to her, the pirate who had got possession of her body, was supposed of course to be her owner.

"Osceola became frantic with rage, but was instantly seized and placed in irons, while his wife was hurried away to slaveholding pollution. He remained six days in irons, when, General Thompson says, he became penitent, and was released.

"From the moment this outrage was committed, the Florida War may be regarded as commenced. Osceola swore vengeance upon Thompson, and those who assisted in the perpetration of this indignity upon himself, as well as upon his wife, and upon our common humanity."

:whistle:

http://www.johnhorse.com/trail/02/a/15.htm

BMFRU2
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Awake and Aware

[*] posted on 4.8.2013 at 07:36 AM

"From the moment this outrage was committed, the Florida War may be regarded as commenced. Osceola swore vengeance upon Thompson, and those who assisted in the perpetration of this indignity upon himself, as well as upon his wife, and upon our common humanity."

Wish I was there. Already got an ax 2 grind against Caucs. :gun:

So what ever happened 2 his wife? Lost 2 history?

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 4.8.2013 at 02:29 PM

You do ask good questions, B. :tu:

Although next time, please remind me to "save" stuff as I type so that when I accidentally hit some randumb key, I lose it all! :po:

**sigh** reconstructing....

I hated being side-tracked from my research on the great Black Seminole leader, John Horse, but when I ran across Osceolo and realized HE was the chief I'd read about who started the 2nd Seminole war over his BLACK wife, well, you know.... :whistle:

Interestingly.... or maybe the word is "predictably" :coffee: ..... many whites (as they do the Jewish Holocaust) DENY Osceolo's wife was black. They offer no proof, no evidence, NOTHING, just say her beautiful blackness never existed; that she was a "myth" perpetrated by Northern abolitionists... like the U.S. Congressman from Ohio. :sarcastic: Some even wipe her out of the HISTORY of Osceola's imprisonment by the Army, saying it was his incarceration and NOT her seizure (by a skank corporal as a slave without an "owner" since she was black.... NOTE: she was prolly one of the free-born Maroons who made up the Black Seminoles, rather than an escaped slave from a white plantation - too lengthy a subject to go into) that so infuriated Osceola, so maddened him sitting in their jail in leg-irons and chains, that he began plotting his revenge (a revenge he succeeded in carrying out, I might add).

At any rate, the best I could find was that Osceola had 2 wives:

Quote:

....in 1826 he married his first wife, Che-cho-ter ["Morning Dew"], who was said to be quite beautiful. As was customary for Seminole men, Osceola took two wives, marrying the second in 1835, but very little is known about her.

As every account of the black wife describes her as "very beautiful," I am presuming Chechoter was his Black wife. And I don't say this lightly. Indeed, I claim Chechoter's blackness with as much AUTHORITY as white, so-called historians who either deny the historical record of her existance as related by RED Seminole historians, and/or "ignore" RED Seminole historians' assertion that she was African.

White historians, i.e., one of the 'scientific' arms of white superiority, have always sought to minimalize black participation in the history of mankind. Unable to minimalize? Ignore it. Certainly NEVER, EVER let it be known that black people, people of AFRICAN descent in America, kicked the U.S. Army's azz, fought the U.S. Army to a standstill such that the Army had to SUE FOR PEACE (you know, like in Viet Nam? Same EXACT thing!). Oh, uh, black warriors alongside red warriors.... :blush:

And why was the 2nd Seminole War started in which more whites died and cost the U.S. government more MONEY ($60 MILLION) than all the wars against the western and plains Indians.... combined?

Ans: Over the Love of a Sistah by a Seminole War Chief. :flirty:

(psssst! Many reputable historians say the 2nd Seminole War should "properly" be called.... the "Negro War." :ummm: )

P.S.

If ever I finish researching John Horse (been looking at him for "years" - made reference to him in many past threads over those years, too :nod: ), maybe I'll put up a thread in the African-American History Forum.

Just as the desireablity, the utter allure of black womanhood reaches across every race, nation, state, tribe of men worldwide and down the corridors of time, itself and is white-historically DENIED.... that black people have ALWAYS been active participants rather than the passive pawns of history whites would consign us is made glaringly evident in the history of the Black Seminoles, and exemplified in the life and times of the Black Seminole, John Horse. John Horse who incited the largest slave revolt in U.S. History (conservative figure - four-freakin'-hundred (400) slaves... the most Nat Turner had was 70)! After the Florida plantation slaves revolted (in the process, killing more slavers and other whites than all other black slave revolts.... combined)... again, another discussion... and it's a doozie. It speaks to whites "minimizing" slaves' open warfare on slavers to make blacks appear to be weak, childlike, helpless pawns of white-determined fate. Not to mention PRETENDING no knowledge of the 'damage' the plantation slaves wreaked, i.e., over 21 entire Florida plantations - the richest in the nation - were destroyed under John Horse's incitement.

Nonetheless, after the Seminole War had been fought to a standstill ..... ROFLMAO! Just remembered! :lmao: The Black Seminoles won their freedom on the battlefield, 15 years before Abraham Lincoln "freed" the rest of us! :lol:

Anyhoo.... :whistle: After the 2nd Seminole War, John Horse led a band of Black and Red Seminoles into Mexico where he/they fought alongside Benito Juarez to depose the French Emporor, Maximillian, as well as engaged in continuing skimishes with the U.S. Army across the border. No "myth", but indeed, the stuff of legendary black manhood was our boy, John Horse.

But... back to your question. All I could find of Oseola's black wife was a "name," Chechoter.

....for now. :coffee:

BMFRU2
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Awake and Aware

[*] posted on 4.9.2013 at 01:45 PM

THANK YOU.

Much of OUR history may seem lost. But history has a way of ALWAYS repeating itself.

Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

Mood: Unapologetic

[*] posted on 4.15.2013 at 02:27 PM

"The arc of the moral universe is long; but it bends towards justice."

Gnatola ma no kpon sia, eyenabe adelan to kpo mi sena. (Ewe-mina)

Until the lion has his or her own storyteller, the hunter will always have the best part of the story. (English)

http://www.afriprov.org/index.php/african-proverb-of-the-month/32-2006proverb...

"Whether you have a Ph.D., or no D, we're in this bag together....work together with the black man, then we will have a better chance to just act as human beings.."
Fannie Lou Hamer
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 7.5.2015 at 02:22 PM
Chechoter was the black wife

Quote:
The Second Seminole War, also known as the Negro War, was a conflict from 1835 to 1842

Quote:

....in 1826 he married his first wife, Che-cho-ter ["Morning Dew"], who was said to be quite beautiful. As was customary for Seminole men, Osceola took two wives, marrying the second in 1835, but very little is known about her.

Wife #1: 1926
Wife #1 abducted: 1935
1st Seminole War: 1935
Wife #2: 1935

Osceola married his first wife, Chechoter, in 1926. The 2nd Seminole War began 9 years into their marriage in 1935.

Osceola married again. His "unnamed" second wife was with him when he died in captivity.

Osceola started the war over the abduction of Chechoter in 1935. He never saw her again. Since his second wife was with him, attending to him when he died (in 1938, 3 years after Chechoter's abduction and disappearance from history), the 2nd wife could NOT have been Chechoter.

Chechoter had to have been his first wife, the black wife over whom he started the 2nd Seminole war.

Go To Top