Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Open Marriages ??
MrAdams
CL Leader

Mood: Glad to be patroling the CocoaLounge again... :yes:

ask.gif posted on 1.9.2012 at 07:30 PM
Open Marriages ??

good-afternoon everyone,

Do you believe that an open marriage/relationship concept would reduce the divorce rate and or allow couples to remain together forever? :wm:

sincerely,
mradams
:tu:

Helping Patrol The CL Lounge...
youngheart
Lifetime Member

Mood: Is it that time already!

[*] posted on 1.10.2012 at 12:19 PM

I think that eventually it would increase the divorce rate......In my eyes,open marriage is just a nice term for agreed cheating and stupidity and eventually one partner is either going to go to the extreme or want to renege on the agreement!

When life gives you lemons,Make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it!
T.H.
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1.10.2012 at 08:13 PM

An open marriage isn't a marriage at all. The whole idea is sad to me.

125 Billion Stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.
babybear
Platinum Member

Mood: Beautiful

[*] posted on 1.23.2012 at 12:58 AM

Open marriage means you want to have the option of dating or becoming romantically/sexually involved with other people. Why tie yourself down with a commitment that is legally binding if you still want to play the field? It would make more since to just date. That way, you can sample without having to worry about paying alimony.

If the couple can really stay together through an open marriage forever, until death do they part.... that would be a miracle. At some point jealousy would kick in. Marriage is not meant to be between multiple people... it is meant to be a commitment between two people. So yes open marriage will most likely end in closed divorce.

I'm Just Me :coffee:
Diamond
Super Moderator

Mood: Flawless Black Beauty

[*] posted on 1.23.2012 at 10:16 PM

I couldn't do it...if I wanted to still be with others...i would never marry...heck...I wouldn't take on an exclusive BF either if not married...why wear one label of a relationship when ya really act like another label....

naw...not for me..and wasn't my style to still see other brotha's when & while claiming to be the girlfriend of some dude

Winners Never Quit...Quitters Never Win...
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 1.24.2012 at 06:02 PM

Without shifting our mentality to one that is more culturally accepting of open marriage, there is no way it will lower the national divorce rate or allow for more successful unions. But I do recognize that there are specific couples who would have benefitted or are benefitting from this type of marital structure, and I continue to believe that there will be some people for whom this is a reasonable and healthy solution.
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 1.24.2012 at 08:05 PM

Open marriages are Never healthy. I grew up in a society where it was no secret that the male spouse was seeing other people.

The problems:

1)Jealousy

2) Confrontation-Whose house/household the spouse chooses to spend most of his time at.

3) Greed- What is the difference between 1, 2, 5 10, 20 other mates . Since you are allowed to sleep with others why not go all the way!!!!

4) STDS- HIV

Open Marriage is an Oxymoron. Succesful Open marriages don't exist! Marriage means commitment to another person.

"It's just another name for promiscuity and that has no place in a marriage, not a good one."

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 1.24.2012 at 10:34 PM

Reality check-

Which heterosexual Black man born before let's say '78 would let his main woman enjoy the pleasure of another man?

If a woman tells you that you two are no longer exclusive and you are free to see whomever,What would you think?

In reality, males use this as a ploy to eat their cake and have it too.

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
Socrates
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 1.25.2012 at 12:03 PM

Who really cares about the divorce rate? Is not the more important factor the happiness rate? Far too many marriages are living hell in which "the kids" or "the pope" or whatever takes priority over happiness. The unhappiness is felt and the bad chemistry is passed onto "the kids." Apart or together, happiness rules.

Open marriages are horrible and disgusting for those who don't want to be in open marriages. Open marriages can be heaven-sent for those who want to be in open marriages. Different strokes for different folks.

The real issue here is how hard people weigh in on what other people do with their private lives which is none of anyone else's damn business.

"My philosophy is such that I am not
going to vote against the oppressed.
I have been oppressed, and so I am
always going to have a vote for the oppressed,
regardless of whether that oppressed is black
or white or yellow or the people of the Middle East,
or what. I have that feeling."

- Septima Clark

Go To Top