Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ..  10
Author: Subject: What's on YOUR mind?
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 3.9.2012 at 11:48 PM

This has been a rough day. Everywhere I looked, I saw murder. Started with the "Black Boy in Father's Gated Community" thread when I ran across an update to the story. The neighborhood watch captain shot this black teen as he was returning from the grocery store. He was visiting his father who lived in the community so white guy, of course, called 911 and said there was a "suspicious" character inside the gates. Later, he accosted the boy and shot him dead. Today's paper says he's now claiming, of course, self-defense. The boy weighed 140 pounds. He had no weapon. When his father demanded that the cops arrest the watch captain- thank GOD! he has the resources and could hire a lawyer! - the cops told him the watch captain had a college degree. **sigh** At any rate, they're stonewalling for the murderer who killed a "nice" black boy..... which is whom punk white killers are looking for. Rarely does a racist vigilante accost, much less pull a gun and shoot a black thug - they know that thugs have guns, too. No, they do what they're supposed to do, what the 911 operator told the college-degreed watch captain to do - "don't approach, the cops are on their way."

That put me in a funk. Later, I decided to read the day old newspaper before tossing it. Three, 3 stories about no-good cops. Front page was about a Cicero cop (Al Capone built the Chicago suburb of Cicero, ok?) who had been fired for corruption. Alderman Burke of Chicago, hired him at $70,000/yr of Chicago taxpayer money. Two inside stories were about cops, as well. One was the big, burly mofo who beat the living daylights out of a waitress who refused to serve him or something, the beat-down caught on store video tape that went viral. The cop was found "not guilty" in a "bench" trial. The last one was another "bench" trial (judge decides, no jury). Drunk cop killed a 13 year-old riding his bike. Judge said the kid was going southbound in a northbound BIKE Lane so he judged the cop "not guilty." Other officers covered-up for the cop, as well. Didn't give him a breath analyzer test for 4 1/2 hours. All kinds of b.s. Couldn't take any more, so I tossed the rest of the paper, unread.

Just finished watching Dateline. Well alrighty! Case turned out to be about a female COP with crazy eyes who stalked, then murdered her ex's new wife. LAPD found cop's purse in the murdered woman's home and returned it, but covered it up for 23 years. She was finally convicted. Deceased's parents sued LAPD, murderer, everybody. Judge decided it was just "lazy" or "inept" police work on the Department's part and threw the case out. Unfortunately, this reminded me of ANOTHER female cop, black, who murdered HER ex's new girlfriend, black, at a routine traffic stop. Sista, a passenger, NOT the driver, got out of car as ordered. She pulled out a cell phone to call for help and cop shot her dead. Witnesses at the scene, ig'nant nicca-teenaged females, got all up in the cameras and said the woman pulled out a cell phone and the murderer prolly thought it was a gun (I'm rolling my eyes, wearily, now). Newspapers, cops, everybody protecting the murderer, ran with that story. Only thing is, the cop and her 2 partners on the scene did NOT put in any of their reports that the sista even HAD a phone. Her family sued the city, got a $16 million wrongful-death settlement. Reason? Johnny Cochran was alive at the time, and he was her family's lawyer. All the media went crazy - is a black woman's life worth $16 million???!!!! The city thought so, for when Cochran, fresh from his O.J. win and master and commander of the news "internationally," flew into O'Hare, before his feet barely hit the tarmac, the city settled. He caught a plane back to L.A.; never even left the airport.

So yea, cops and murder have dogged my mind all day. :gn:

Amethyst17

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.14.2012 at 03:43 PM

I use to be the owner of a discussion forum years ago and when I had new members, or hell, old ones too, I went out of my way to make them feel welcomed and their opinions valued even if I didn’t agree. Sometimes I wonder why discussion forums are dying. I tell myself the reason is because sites like Facebook and Twitter are taking over and people prefer to use those social networks sites rather than old school message boards. But then I read some of the argumentative and condescending comments from so called moderators and forum leaders and it becomes clear. Discussion forums aren’t dying, some leaders are chasing members away. So sad…throwing up the deuces!
NY_writer
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 3.26.2012 at 10:23 PM

God
Jesus
i am loaning someone a thousand dollars and i really don't expect to get it back. I am sick right now.

going to michigan

bealls

deploying to guantanmo bay
SHABLAMINGGG

sittin' in my swivel chair spinning vinyl dreams.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
NY_writer
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 3.26.2012 at 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst17
I use to be the owner of a discussion forum years ago and when I had new members, or hell, old ones too, I went out of my way to make them feel welcomed and their opinions valued even if I didn’t agree. Sometimes I wonder why discussion forums are dying. I tell myself the reason is because sites like Facebook and Twitter are taking over and people prefer to use those social networks sites rather than old school message boards. But then I read some of the argumentative and condescending comments from so called moderators and forum leaders and it becomes clear. Discussion forums aren’t dying, some leaders are chasing members away. So sad…throwing up the deuces!

that is unfortuante but true this sit is especially bad about doing that sort of thing they value the opinion of seniority not experience.

sittin' in my swivel chair spinning vinyl dreams.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
hmurchison
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Kemetic

[*] posted on 3.27.2012 at 07:06 PM

I keep thinking about when Careyn is going to marry me

:hamma:
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.28.2012 at 11:45 AM

Grandsons will be coming to visit soon. That "warm" thought, coupled with the glorious riot of color in my garden on a sunny day makes life rather grand at this moment. :ty:

GrownAssWoman

[*] posted on 4.7.2012 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tea_Honey
The Cocoa Lounge has been abandoned. I've reported the :spam: er looking for people to come to her obviously busted site numerous times, yet..... here she is again. :smh:

:wave::wave:
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 4.7.2012 at 11:37 AM

Hey y'all! Let's head over to da back yard and rob the joint - door's WIDE open and ain't nobody home! :rolling: :rofl: :rolling: :lol:

deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 4.14.2012 at 11:04 PM

Spent a few hours tonight kicking it with Narcissism - she asked about you, CL, and told me to tell you that she says hello. She recently got accepted into a Ph.D. program and is very excited about starting that in June. She's completing her Masters in May, which she is really thankful for.
PassaFist
Supreme Member

Mood: Bautiful, Blessed & Highly Favored

[*] posted on 4.17.2012 at 04:36 PM

What's on my mind......

Gardening, Canning, Preserving (salting, smoking & jerking meats), bullets, brass, powder & primers, first aid supplies.....all the while enjoying & going on with life.

Is it proper preparedness or paranoia? Chance favor a prepared mind.

I choose to be living as the CAUSE of my life....rather than to the effect of it [as created by others]. - Pass-A-Fist

“Nothing pains some people more than having to think.” –Martin Luther King, Jr
“The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.” - Alan Ashley-Pitt
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
Live Simply, So Others May Simply Live. http://zenhabits.net/start/
Μολὼν λαβέ
grrlie
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.4.2012 at 05:33 PM

everybody's dying. :td:
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 5.12.2012 at 09:41 AM

Who is African Mami?

she must pound cocoa lounge too.

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 5.17.2012 at 01:45 PM

I was just telling someone that I hope the CL is not a microcosm of black America. If so, it's scary. The CL was at its height and greatest popularity when it was filled with posts and posters spewing lies about black people, defaming black historical Greats, trashing the Civil Rights Movement, and brow-beating black women into submission while swapping ignorances and oozing black self-hate.

I hope and pray we are better than that. Well, pray anyway. Hope is found in the large number of views/lurkers most topics even with few posters, get. As the man said:

A luta continua. :kiss:

speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 5.20.2012 at 09:36 AM

You have to laugh.

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
grrlie
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.20.2012 at 07:31 PM

another one bites the dust.
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ..  10

Go To Top