Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  10
Author: Subject: What's on YOUR mind?
Careyn

Mood: Determined, yet somewhat impatient

[*] posted on 1.8.2012 at 11:29 AM
What's on YOUR mind?

Time to restart this thread .... What's on Your mind?
Careyn

Mood: Determined, yet somewhat impatient

[*] posted on 1.8.2012 at 11:32 AM

:bg: 2012 is starting out with a bang for me. I started my dream job last week - after searching diligently for over a year for a job. I feel like I've lost 20 pounds - I've been carrying so much emotional dead weight from dealing with that dead in - unhappy job.

I'm busy as a little bee with training - not much free time. But I'm feeling blessed and excited about the opportunities in front of me. It's been a long struggle but now I can sit back and breathe.

Happy ... Happy ... Joy ... Joy!
Dutchess
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Loved and Blessed

[*] posted on 1.8.2012 at 07:37 PM

Getting older is sure different than anything I ever expected. Or should I say was prepared for. Its shocking to stand in front of the mirror and not see the person your used to seeing and my pictures, da****. Time just sneaks in a little at a time a drop here, a drop there. About 27 or so years ago I remember laughing at myself because I couldn't remember something and an older woman volunteer in the office I worked said very sincerely, "one day it won't be so funny". I think that day is not far from me. I'm not 70 yet but knocking the helll out of it. Wow, what a difference a day makes anymore, literally! Keeping yourself "young at heart" is most valuable, dancing, singing, playing with the young ones, very important activities to stay involved in. Note to Self.

.. just as the rain descends .. does not return unless it .. saturates the earth.......so my word goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. . it will not return without results, .... Is 55:10-11
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 1.9.2012 at 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Careyn
:bg: 2012 is starting out with a bang for me. I started my dream job last week - after searching diligently for over a year for a job. I feel like I've lost 20 pounds - I've been carrying so much emotional dead weight from dealing with that dead in - unhappy job.

I'm busy as a little bee with training - not much free time. But I'm feeling blessed and excited about the opportunities in front of me. It's been a long struggle but now I can sit back and breathe.

Happy ... Happy ... Joy ... Joy!

Careyn, I'm so happy for you! Good news!

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
MrAdams
CL Leader

Mood: Glad to be patroling the CocoaLounge again... :yes:

[*] posted on 1.9.2012 at 06:23 PM

Busy 24/7:write:...

Helping Patrol The CL Lounge...
youngheart
Lifetime Member

Mood: Is it that time already!

[*] posted on 1.10.2012 at 11:44 AM

MY SPACE IS ALL MINE ONCE AGAIN......AND YES,I AM SCREAMING!!!!!

When life gives you lemons,Make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it!
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 1.11.2012 at 02:08 PM

Romney is not an alternative to the Obama madness, he will be worse Bush and Obama combined.

Republicans need a rethink.

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
PassaFist
Supreme Member

Mood: Bautiful, Blessed & Highly Favored

[*] posted on 1.13.2012 at 04:37 PM

Asus Transformer Prime

http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/asus-transformer-prime-1-540x379.jpg

“Nothing pains some people more than having to think.” –Martin Luther King, Jr
“The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.” - Alan Ashley-Pitt
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
Live Simply, So Others May Simply Live. http://zenhabits.net/start/
Μολὼν λαβέ
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 1.17.2012 at 01:00 AM

Recent events have made me much more pensive. Caused me reassess my aims, goals, expectations, just what the heck I'm about.... as it relates to others. :dunno:

Anyhoo, I googled Rudyard Kipling's famous poem, "If." Now I'm not in total agreement with Kipling, but I'm moved by at least 95% of what he wrote. Especially, the "if you can keep your head....." and of course, the folks lying about you like a dog. **sigh** But I think this poem is relevant to most anyone who is about anything.

Quote:

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Next up, something I heard today: "Delusion is as essential to our happiness as reality."

Googled for the author and got this:

Quote:

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities.
Christian Nestell Bovee

This is the kicker. This is what got me in this 'thinking' funk. And on a black MB, it makes me wonder (realize?) if self-hate and feelings of impotence in the face of the reality of racism make delusions of "joining" them necessary, are essential to the average black's psyche, his/her ability to keep on keeping on? You know the drill: "I'm in "corporate" America." That type thingey. Like blacks in the 1940s and 50s used to say of a janitor, "He's into banking" because he mopped floors in the bank. Or he's into "finance," or "the market" because he shined shoes in front of the Stock Exchange building.

I'm no fan of such delusions. When it comes to race, I prefer the clarity of reality..... as most are aware. However.... black people evidently needed those delusions in the 1940's and '50's to, well, keep on keeping on. With the advent of the Civil Rights Movement, we began to feel powerful, moving as it were from the fringes of history to centerstage and no longer needed them, thus discarded them (for other, almost as silly delusions). The point is, they were necessary in the 40's and 50's, maybe even essential, to keep from feeling totally worthless and powerless; once circumstances changed, those particular delusions were no longer necessary, so were discarded by the race.

I think about delusions in one's personal life, as well. Truth to tell, I shudder at the self-hate delusions, the "projecting" ones failings and insecurities onto others delusions (e.g., she's a BIG liar! when the deluded one does nothing but tell lies. Or, my fav, he hates white people! when the deluded one is afraid to face their own hatred for the white race, find it so terrifying they throw it on those who are NOT afraid of, who do NOT feel inferior to white people). That said, I agree with the saying - delusions are as essential to our happiness as is reality. And in the case of oppressed people (individuals), maybe even MORE necessary than harsh, oft-times ugly reality which, if that were all we had to look forward to, most wouldn't want to get out of bed in the morning!

Ah well. Just a couple thoughts.... on my mind. :coffee:

NY_writer
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1.17.2012 at 03:16 PM

i am not tryna be up in this senior seminar for sociologyfor like 3 hours with four other "children" who have no idea where society is headed. I can't wait til this class is over. I really really really really really dislike this class. and i want out of it. every tuesday I get nervous and mad and just want to start talking about Jesus to these heathens. and pray they come to know the real Jesus.

my daughter
Roy
Joel
Joshua
crystal k
bealls
salvation
deception
"walking in the realm of the spirit"
false doctrines claiming to be christian
people who say "i'm not christian, i'm spiritual"
like really what does that mean? you talk to the spirit world
you have your own personal Jesus outside of Jesus Christ who died on the cross? really people get a grip cuz you are coming real close to blashphemy and worshipping false Gods.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.17.2012 at 03:46 PM
Just occurred to me.....

Two analogies come to mind:

1. Which came first - the chicken or the egg?
and
2. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Quote:

I'm no fan of such delusions. When it comes to race, I prefer the clarity of reality..... as most are aware. However.... black people evidently needed those delusions in the 1940's and '50's to, well, keep on keeping on. With the advent of the Civil Rights Movement, we began to feel powerful, moving as it were from the fringes of history to centerstage and no longer needed them, thus discarded them (for other, almost as silly delusions). The point is, they were necessary in the 40's and 50's, maybe even essential, to keep from feeling totally worthless and powerless; once circumstances changed, those particular delusions were no longer necessary, so were discarded by the race.

In other words, did the CRM first come about, and second, cause black people to discard the delusions masking their feelings of being totally worthless, impotent and powerless..... or did black people have to first discard the delusions before they could step out on faith to embrace the CRM?

I say that only by giving up the ghost (delusions of being included in the American mainstream) could we even begin to get serious about the REALITY of our disrespected position in that society and then do something about it.

BMFRU2
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Awake and Aware

[*] posted on 1.22.2012 at 08:13 AM

creativity will B a ting of the past if SOFA has their way. U already hear what happened 2 Mega Up Load And the owner.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.24.2012 at 11:41 PM

I have a new-found passion. I know. As passionate as I am about everything, you'd think I wouldn't have any left over to spare (lol). But, I do. I have signed up for a workshop at a seminary (rather prestigious one). I will see how it goes (read: if I can stand the uber-religious folk, 95% of whom will be white, I'm sure). If it works out, I may apply for admission. If it works out, I'm sure I won't have any problem finding one of the luminaries to sponsor me as a student, might even get a partial scholarship.

:ummm: Sponsor or no sponsor, I do not feel "called" to the ministry. So should I decide to register for classes, rather than workshops, it will be as an audit student. I am not content with memorizing bible verses. I want to know the why, the how, the who and the where. I want to strengthen my faith, to be deep in my faith.... and the only way to do that is by questioning it, putting it on the line, to the test and seeing if it turns to mush or comes out of the fire tempered and honed.

Btw, my brother was delighted when I told him. Shocked the ish outta me! I thought he'd say, "YOU?! YOU!?" :eyebrow: But he was quite supportive of the idea.

Wierd.

PassaFist
Supreme Member

Mood: Bautiful, Blessed & Highly Favored

[*] posted on 1.27.2012 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PassaFist
Asus Transformer Prime

http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/asus-transformer-prime-1-540x379.jpg

Got It!!!!! :shades:

“Nothing pains some people more than having to think.” –Martin Luther King, Jr
“The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.” - Alan Ashley-Pitt
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
Live Simply, So Others May Simply Live. http://zenhabits.net/start/
Μολὼν λαβέ
T.H.
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1.27.2012 at 04:58 PM

Wishing I did the books once a month instead of waiting for tax time every year... :comp:

125 Billion Stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  10

Go To Top