Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Can you put on too much make-up!
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 1.7.2012 at 10:14 AM
Can you put on too much make-up!

Yesterday, I was at my usual grocery store and I saw the same young, beautiful black cashier(around 18yrs old) whom I saw the day before.

When I got to the cash register, I looked up into her face to be "awe-struck." She had on heavy purple/blue/red eyeliner and the rest of what you females wear. All I could see was the " make-up" and I started to ask myself " why? she didn't need this. Did someone else paint her face like this?"

And my mind then started to question her character- Why is she displaying herself like this? So, I just did a lil googling and found this recent article:

http://madamenoire.com/75139/too-much-make-up-can-deem-you-less-trustworthy-s...

You canít trust a big butt and a smile, or maybe just a smile with lips doused in bright red rouge. According to a new study, women who wear makeup are perceived as more attractive, competent, and trustworthy, but the more makeup women pile on, the less trustworthy they become.

Because the study was funded by Proctor and Gamble, the cosmetics giant behind cover girl, the results have to be taken somewhat with a grain of salt. Still, the findings fall in line with whatís always been known: the beautiful people ďare expected to do better on the job, in school, and in lifeóand are treated that way,Ē according to the study authors.

Interestingly, when study participants were given just 250 milliseconds to look at several photos of women with no makeup, natural, professional, and glamorous looks, the positive ratings increased with the amount of beauty products used. But when the same participants were given time to study the images at greater length, things changed. Women with dramatic makeup were still perceived as equally likeable and much more attractive and competent, but less trustworthy, lead author Nancy Etcoff, Associate Researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital, told ABC News.

Iíve always thought it was interesting when men say they hate when a woman who wears too much makeup, but donít seem to mind an 18-inch weave, breast implants, or fake nails, but perhaps thereís something to it. I canít say that Iíve noticed any particular change in peopleís response to me when I wear makeup or not (although on a not day I may be told that I look tired). Still, I think the bigger point is looking put together and having the appropriate ďfaceĒ for the occasion.

What has your experience been? Do people respond to you differently based on whether you wear makeup or not?

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
Diamond
Super Moderator

Mood: Flawless Black Beauty

[*] posted on 1.7.2012 at 11:56 PM

I don't like to see women to young women with a too much "make-up on...or what I call...Their "Clown Face" on...

Make-up should be discreet..except maybe for the eyelids and liners and lip gloss or stick...BUT even with that..it should be complementary to the complexion and facial features of the chick trying to wear it...

Do i respond to people who are wearing make-up differently...i don't know...because many women wear it but not so noticeably so that you could 100% tell or that it alters her whole face....Well, some guys havbe said that the Face they thought they met the night before is NOT the same "face" they woke up to in the early morn...lol..how some women look 100% different without their make-up on....

me,? I wear very little "make-up" and no facial concealor or powder puffin' stuff...I sweat too much working out and now that I am an instructor.....I wear eye liner and little lipstick..on a daily..and if we have an occassion or event to do maybe a dramatic or appropriate eyelid color..(My niece puts my Event Face on...lol..)...it is always subtle but pretty....

I think people just like a FRESH FACE a full Make-Up face on or not..but nothing that resembles a Clown Face...

Yeah people thta present "fresh faced or if make-up done well" probably do get treated better...or seen as approachable and whatnot...

*** gulp***

Winners Never Quit...Quitters Never Win...
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: good

[*] posted on 1.9.2012 at 04:32 PM

Yes,you can wear too much make-up.Many black women simply do not need that much.A simple skin moisturizer,nice shade of lipstick/gloss and they pretty much off to the races.Something about that melanin,whether its light ot dark that makes Sisters look so good.You can always tell when a woman wears too much.It distracts from their natural beauty.

Go To Top