Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: A few words from a new Cocoa Lounge Moderator ….
Careyn

Mood: Determined, yet somewhat impatient

[*] posted on 12.8.2011 at 12:23 PM
A few words from a new Cocoa Lounge Moderator ….

I’ve been a member of CL since 2004. What I like about the Lounge is the range of topics we approach on a regular basis. Take a moment to peruse some of the many forums we offer – we cover everything from Current News – The Lounge (a hodge-podge of topics) – Black Poetry – Spirituality – African American History – Entertainment – Relationships – Debate Forum – Advice Column – Health & Fitness and Technology, just to name a few. There are enough varied categories on this board to promote interaction between many members.

The Good:
Participating regularly in discussions on Cocoa Lounge allows us all to share laughs, interests, discuss differences, enlighten, educate, establish professional contacts, and even forge long distance friendships. Given the fact that we’re constantly bombarded with news updates and most stay connected with friends via social sites and email, it should be fairly easy to come across some type of information to share/post. As a new moderator, I encourage current members, silent members, and those potential members who patrol CL to sign up/on and speak up. Check out one of our many Lounges and feel free to jump in (or start up) any topic of interest.

Express yourself – we’re all grown folks.
Add your input to show your support of a topic.
Don’t agree with what’s posted – add your 2 cents in – everyone is entitled to an opinion. Lord knows this would be one boring planet if everyone was on the same page.
Heard a funny joke – post it, you may make someone’s day.
Seen a music video – upload or share the link.
Let’s keep connected!

The Sometimes Bad:
As with any group of size, there can sometimes be bad. The reality is in order to grow, folks must feel free to speak their mind as unfiltered as possible – and that will always be encouraged. However, as a moderator I have been given the discretion, which I will use, to jump in if the tone of a forum becomes hostile or starts to move in the direction of personal attacks. I personally have posted on occasion how much I detest playground antics. As grown folks, we can always disagree without any topic turning into a personal attack on another member. This is not about simple disagreement – we don’t all have to agree on ANY TOPIC, be it religion, politics, relationships, news/entertainment. A difference of opinion is healthy – and encourages fierce dialogue and it keeps the site jumping. However, if you have a personal issue with a member, there is absolutely no need to bring everyone else into that view – handle it privately by U2U. Personal attacks on threads for all to see only disrupts the flow of the board, and discourage members and potential members from participating in any discussions.

I say this so that there will be no mystery as to why a thread was deleted that was started or is being used to embarrass/harass or attack another.

We want people to be comfortable in the Lounge – we want to draw new people into our zone.

Cocoa Lounge encourages all members to be a participant, not just an observer.

Let’s help continue to make this a site that folks want to come to.

Let’s help Cocoa Lounge grow!
roarin1
Roaring

Mood: always power

[*] posted on 12.9.2011 at 09:36 AM

Whelp! Congratulations Sis CAREYN!

Is the Lounge about to return to Her ''ole glory' now??!!

(hopefully so, maybe so....!!)

W/Mr. ADAMS (these days) as busy as He is....I don't think that I could've made a better choice MYSELF!!

The Lounge has had 'mod-er-ators', of course, 'all-i-ga---I mean 'mod-er-ators'....but none more level-headed --I perceive.... than YOU!

(...so before YOU 'pull ME over and give ME a ticket'-just remember up front....)

I AM (always) INNOCENT!!

Nah...I seriously think YOU'LL do great job & I wanna say FINALLY---but hmm...I won't!!

Again congratulations......

HETEP
Careyn

[*] posted on 12.9.2011 at 10:24 AM

Thank you so much for the Love Roarin1!

This is a great site for folks to come together – I have learned so much from my time here – and I anticipate I will continue to learn and laugh.

There’s no reason the Cocoa Lounge shouldn’t be locked into everyone’s bookmark/favorite – or visited many times a day. There’s so much to learn …. so much to talk about …. so much to debate.

I plan to do what I can to help hold on to those members that we have. I have no objections about going door-to-door to try and bring some of the absentees back. We also want to snag onto those who are browsing through the Lounge – not quite sure if they want to step in. I’m definitely rolling out the welcome mat and making it known that this site is for ALL MEMBERS!

Bring your topics, your discussions, your opinions …. we want to bust this site open with lively discussions.

And on yeah – with respect to any forum that I am charged with moderating – some of the unnecessary drama of past – which had done nothing but keep folks away …. will be handled, trust!

Thanks again for the Congrats!

My U2U is always open folks – feel free to holla!
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 12.9.2011 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roarin1

You mean New Glory! Watch Careyn go- Bringing New and Fresh ideas- Moving CL to a Dynamic Meeting PLace of Diverse Minds for fine fellowship, thought-provoking debates and refreshing relief from the daily cares of life!

Watch Careyn go! She is out of the blocks.... Go Careyn, Go..

Congratulations Careyn and Make Sure to Enjoy yourself!

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
MrAdams
CL Leader

Mood: Glad to be patroling the CocoaLounge again... :yes:

[*] posted on 12.9.2011 at 12:51 PM

Glad to have her on our team... Remember this isn't my message board... I'm just a helper also... Shawna ( aka... Jeneen ) is the owner as we all know...

Sincerely,
MrAdams

Helping Patrol The CL Lounge...
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 12.9.2011 at 07:54 PM

congratulations , we needed a moderator badly.

I will support you efforts to bring order and harmony.

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
Careyn

[*] posted on 12.10.2011 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by speakout
congratulations , we needed a moderator badly.

I will support you efforts to bring order and harmony.

Thanks Speakout - As Mr. Adams stated, we're all apart of the Cocoa Lounge team - I have no doubt all of us - members included - can continue to work together to keep this Lounge a hot spot and jumpin!
Careyn

[*] posted on 12.10.2011 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crabrice
Quote:
Originally posted by roarin1

You mean New Glory! Watch Careyn go- Bringing New and Fresh ideas- Moving CL to a Dynamic Meeting PLace of Diverse Minds for fine fellowship, thought-provoking debates and refreshing relief from the daily cares of life!

Watch Careyn go! She is out of the blocks.... Go Careyn, Go..

Congratulations Careyn and Make Sure to Enjoy yourself!

Thanks for the faith!
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12.11.2011 at 05:59 PM

Congratulations Careyn

So...... you get paid by the hour or salary? :whistle:
Careyn

[*] posted on 12.11.2011 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JrHagler
Congratulations Careyn

So...... you get paid by the hour or salary? :whistle:

Hold up .... you mean I get to sit at the big table, AND also get paid?!? :hehe:
jamesfrmphilly
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: i'm cool.....

[*] posted on 11.29.2016 at 10:21 AM

can you get that nut out of the spirituality forum ?

Go To Top