Pages:  1  ..  13  14  15
Author: Subject: MtmM_the story teller
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6.7.2018 at 01:10 PM
just my thoughts

hey Journal,

During the 2016 national election it was said that if Donald Trump ever gets elected, he'll start a war!

Well, he didn't start an actual war, you know, guns, bullets and bombs.
But he is starting an economic war.
I thought it will be with China. But I was wrong. It's not only China, but with Canada, Mexico, and 17 European countries called the EU (European Union)
Notice how quite Japan and India is at the present moment.

From what I have read, these tariffs, taxes on in-coming goods from outside our borders. Will take effect around the end of July 2018. If not sooner. AND these same countries are imposing TARIFFS of their own that are targeted against Trump's strongholds in the USA.
We'll see if Trump's strategy works? And who it will hurt first.

The Koch Brothers, and their wealthy associates who contribute 100's of millions of dollars to have a Republican government are now complaining about the tariffs.
This last December 2017 the Republican dominated US Congress have voted a healthy tax cut for the wealthy. Now, President Trump's executive action with Tariffs is threatening to take that away.
HOW IRONIC!?!(coincidental; unexpected ):yes:

another subject.

You Tube University save me money

One of my bulbs in my car headlights went out. So the next day I went to the auto parts store to purchase replacements. $14.95 for each bulb. 2 bulbs plus tax. Then the parts store clerk says he can install them for another 50 bucks.
I looked at the bulbs and said, "I'll try".
Well sir, if have any trouble, come on back.

Once I arrived home I'd fired up my laptop and went to YouTube.
"How to install headlights on a 2008 Nissan Sentra.
A 5 minute tutorial later and actual replacement took me 20 minutes.

Dayum I thought....an experienced mechanic would have taken 5 minutes or less....and then charge me $50.00!

Thank You, YouTube.:yes:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6.17.2018 at 02:01 PM
A couple of thoughts about Trump

hey Journal,

Trump is just being himself....to me it was no surprised because I voted against him. Along with 31 million other voters. But it was the electoral college that put him into power.

In private life this man filed bankruptcy 6 times....a bankruptcy is basically a broken contract. Many reasons why one gets broken. Mainly though, you're unable or unwilling to honor the terms.
Well, since he's the POTUS.....he's still breaking contracts. Paris Climate Agreement, Iran Nuclear Agreement, NAFTA, and a few more. And making new ones which will benefit him and his family after he leaves the White House.

Building a wall......well, he's being successful in doing that....no, not the physical one he promised between Central America and the USA. The other wall called, "Tariffs"! With most countries the USA trade with.

Robert Mueller, Russian Collusion, and other high crimes......it all depends on the US Congress this coming fall (November) elections.
If the Republicans retain control, little chance of impeachment. If Democrats wins control, high chance of impeachment.
That is one good reason WHY one should vote!
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.8.2018 at 08:09 PM
A few things that caught my attention this past week

Hey Journal,

things.....Northern Thailand, a assistant soccer coach with 12 kids between 12 and 16 years of age decided to take the group exploring inside a mountain cave after practice. About an hour or so after entering the cave a rain storm happened. A flash flood soon block their exit and forced them further into the cave. Luckily, a park ranger making his rounds at closing time saw the locked bikes near the entrance and notify authorities.
Fast forward two weeks.....4 kids actually got rescued with the help of 5 countries, the Navy Seals, and about 1,000 people involved. They're still working on 8 kids and the assistant coach still stuck inside MORE THAN 3 miles in.
I would not blame any mother who will walk up to the coach and slap the sh*t out of him. (if he gets out?)

next attention getter:

The Supreme Court of the United States.....one of the Justices is retiring. So President Trump gets to pick with the blessing of the Senate Majority leader, Mitch McConnell. There are 100 Senators in the US Senate, 51 are Republicans and are controlled by McConnell.
Expect a white-male, (possible female) with a religious bent, pro-business, with a hostile attitude toward civil rights, minorities, and women. (AKA white nationalist)

caught my attention as well:

This Tariff War......a tariff is basically a tax on anything that is produced outside of the borders of the USA and shipped here for sale. (same could be said about any country).
America's wealthy class love Donald Trump for signing the tax cut. They now bemoan him.....Donald Trump and the Republicans have been cutting taxes and deregulating federal rules in America. But in a ironic twist....Trump's Tariffs, is increasing bureaucracy, regulation, and costs via the Commerce Department. And the cost of Tariffs will be greater than the tax cuts given in December 2017. (Can you say the tax man giveth with one hand and then taketh with the other.

this thing caught my attention:

Kim Jong Un, North Korea's leader has played Donald Trump. In the beginning, Maximum pressure was being applied to North Korea with help from South Korea, Japan, China, Russia, and a few others. Mainly for firing missiles within range of these countries and exploding atomic bombs underground. While war games was going on within eye sight of North Korea. Kim Jong Un decided to make a personal visit to CHINA, twice. Then he made a personal visit to South Korea's leader in South Korea.....When Kim Jong stepped across the border of North and South Korea and greeted the President of South Korea....it made international news and got everyone's attention. (especially Trump). Soon after, Kim Jong asked on international media, that he would like to meet the President of the USA.
Trump, against the advice of his inner circle, he said, Yes!
But there are conditions Trump said.
Kim Jong said, Yes....we can discuss these conditions when we meet.
long story short:
_China provided the plane for Kim to travel to Singapore.
_Singapore paid for the hotel rooms where Kim and his men stayed.(reported around $7,000 plus per night.)
_And the Donald traveled over 12,000 miles to meet Kim.

After two days of meeting....Kim got Trump to:
_Stop the joint war games going on outside of North Korea's border.
_The Maximum pressure being applied by several countries has ended.
_Keeping his nukes and up-grading nuclear facilities.

What do Trump gets in return:
_An international photo-op with the North Korean Leader.
_signing of a document that contains.........What?!?
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.31.2018 at 04:19 PM
Keeping your home cool in the desert (Mojave)

Hello Journal,

While shopping for a couple of items at Home Depot I ran across a man who was selling his product off a table in the middle of the isle.
"For $49.00 we'll have a man check out your air conditioner at your home and/or business." he stated.
I said, what do you mean?
he replied, do regular maintenance on your machine which should be done at least once a year.

I thought....yeah, yearly air condition maintenance is usually run closer to $125 and up!
So, since this is a Home Depot store....I'll try it!

Few days later a YES MAN CAN (name of the company) came by....I'm only familiar from the radio advertisement.
Two guys came and introduce themselves and about ten minutes later they were on the roof. (where the machine is located)

I found out the machine was built and installed in 1996....makes it 22 years old. If you do regular maintenance on these machine they can last 30 years. They also stated that the machine is using more than twice as much electricity than the current models.

to be continued
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8.1.2018 at 08:58 PM
Keeping your home cool in the desert (Mojave)...continued

After these two men performed their maintenance we sat down at the kitchen table and discuss options.

First of all, my air conditioner still works, but it uses more than twice the AMPS when on.
Second of all, its 22 years old....installed in 1996. May I also add that with regular maintenance (once a year) these machines can last 30 years.
Then there is the price.....and that depends on the size of your living space. My is little more than a single story, single family home about 1,100 square feet.
Price quoted....$7,000
this includes installation, covers the first 2 years of labor (JonAire), 10 year Manufacturer Warranty, 20 year warranty on heat exchanger (Lennox).

I said thanks for the info and please give me time to chew on this.

For the next two days I've talked to several people. My neighbor, a couple of doors down had hers' replaced 6 years ago and it cost $5,400.00 Another friend talked about it and it cost him over $10,000 (last year)
A friend at work cost him $12,000 because his caught fire and it was over 25 years old. Some repair was needed to the roof. And he's 68....he,s planning to pay off the bill and then retire (his guesstimate, 2 to 3 years.

Bottom line, I like to retire from work next year BUT I don't want to risk a break down of my 22 yo air conditioner in the next couple of years.
Had it done 3 days later and it took 6 hours to do it!

How did I do it? I finance it at a 7.99% APR.

Next major project....a new roof that can stand 100 MPH winds. (next year)

Later Journal :wave:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8.8.2018 at 01:23 AM
Now its Medical issues

hello Journal,

My 80 pound dog, Pit-Bull Mix (actually mutt) has a problem. He keeps scratching his ears and shaking his head expecting to loosen up and dislodge. This been going on for over 3 days SO.....its off to the animal doctor (Veterinarian) about two miles from where I live.
I dropped him off around 8 in the morning and received a call an hour later.
Yeap....this bred with the floppy ears has an ear infection, in BOTH ears.
How did he manage to do that???:ummm:

The Doc asked for permission to do a couple of procedures and I said, "Yes"
The dog in pain, clear it up is my thinking.
The Vet went on and irrigated both ears and cleaned all the junk out....just to discover both ear drums have a tear and infected.
Long story short...2 weeks of irrigation by me and antibiotics LATER.
His ears show improvement so the Vet irrigated again and now the Pit Bull Mutt is on antibiotics twice a day. Another visit in 10 days and the ear drum is healing.

other medical problem....my girlfriend has sight problems. Being a 59 yo grandmother do have its set of problems.
Seeing an eye doctor, (ophthalmologist), pronouncing that word is a mouth full....she has Cataracts and Astingmatism.
Simply put in my words.
Cataracts....foggy vision
Astingmatism....blurred or out of focus

It makes me wonder how she managed these past few years.:ummm:

the answer: Eye Surgery, one eye at a time about 4 weeks apart.
the first eye was done this morning....recovering from eye surgery itself is easy, its the hang-over from Anesthesia is the hard part!
Drink plenty of water after surgery they said....YEAH I thought, to flush that chemical out your system.

So Journal, there you have it!
_One dog with an ear infections and ruptured eardrums that is currently healing.
_And a grandmother who had surgery in her right eye this morning and is healing too!

I'll be playing nurse for the next two weeks.:wow:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8.12.2018 at 06:13 PM
medical up-date

Well Journal,

progress is being made....the 8 y.o. pit bull mutt is recovering nicely...he is now barking again without pain in its ears. So I'm continuing putting a couple of drops of antibiotic into each ear. In the beginning he was shaking his head when I put just one drop in.
Now I just massage his ear first, add two drops and massage the ear again. And the full medicine reaches its spot.

as for the 59 yo grandmother,
fully recovered from the surgery and adding 3 types of eye drops to her right surgical eye each day. The proof that the operation worked!.....Last night she spotted a small mosquito sitting on the side of the wall 8 feet up and 20 feet away. I didn't noticed it until she pointed it out AND I walked up closer to get a look (like 5 feet away).....DAYUM, your right eye that sharp in vision! Can't wait to get your left eye done in 4 weeks.
The Eye Doctors insist they like to do one eye at a time. It's proven to be successful so far. We'll see! (No pun intended)

next subject:
Became a baby-sister for the next 4 days....a 3 yo girl and a 18 month old boy. The parents original baby-sister went on a 4 week vacation out of town. So, here we are....looking around my house a couple of reminders came up in my memory.
CHILD PROOFING my residence. Yeap, anything and everything that can cause harm or damage is picked up and put away in large hard plastic containers. Cleaners of various types, objects with an edge or blade, electrical sockets needing plugs, anything that can be tipped over and dropped, etc, and etc.
Thinking like a parent again.:wow:
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9.2.2018 at 07:05 PM
99 Degrees Fahrenheit

hello journal

it's a beautiful day today and its 99 degrees. What a relief! Now to some that might sound kinda weird. But, if you lived in an area where the temps is hovering 110 degrees and above for the last 6 weeks. It's easy to understand. Mind you, 99 degrees is still hot! Its just not like living in a combination oven and a blow-dryer stuck on a high setting.
But more important is the daily lows...hitting around 77 to 79 degrees...that's one major indication that the season is changing. In another 2 to 3 weeks, 100 degree readings will be gone till maybe late April or early May. Can't Wait!:cucumber:

Right now, my two pit-bull-mutts is napping on the living room floor. The two grand-kids is napping in the 3rd bedroom with their grandmother.
And me, playing on this computer a sipping on a beer, "Fat-Tire Belgium Ale".....
She asks me...are you bored?
Who me?....I'm doing just fine.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9.3.2018 at 02:27 PM
3:30 am and 3 decades ago

Hey Journal,

I was in a deep sleep when a 20 month old boy started crying.
What the hell?.....I thought.
Looked at the clock.....3:30 AM.....Dayum!
I finally lumbered out of bed and made it to the other bedroom. I didn't need to see where I was going and just followed the sound of a crying baby.
Reached down and gently picked up the little boy and within seconds he stopped crying. A few minutes later the grandmother arrived with a warm bottle of milk. And all was good in the world.

I'm too old for this! 65 years old and a 4 am wake up doesn't make a good start of a day. But I did agreed to do this for a month.
FOUR DECADES (40 years) since I've done this! AAAGGGHHH!

How much we're getting paid for this???? WHAT?!?.....We're Not!

First it was two dogs that follow me everywhere. Now there's two toddlers that follow me around. The difference is that the toddlers want to get into everything I do.
Cooking....they want to cook too
Computer....they want to punch the keys also
Gardening.....yeah, they want to play in the mud/dirt/fertilizer too!

Yeah, after playing in dirt and fertilizer(and don't eat that!)....it's time for a bath.....Oh, you have an issue with a tub of warm water and soap? It's not time....TOUGH....you're going in kicking and screamin'.

Fresh clothes, fresh diapers, and a warm bottle of milk and they're asleep.
As for myself....a bottle for me too!....Belgium Ale.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9.15.2018 at 07:12 PM
a tuna/chicken salad sandwich

Hello Journal,

After running and completing a few errands for the day. I made a suggestion to my gurlfriend to stop by the nearest supermarket to pick up a few ingredients.

Once home we put away the stuff and then started gathering stuff for my Tuna/Chicken salad sandwich. She suggested just straight tuna. I said, wait until you taste this!

ingredients:

celery
dill pickles
yellow onion
tuna (canned)
chicken breast (canned)
Two eggs (boiled)
Miracle Whip
Mustard
salt
pepper
Paprika

I washed my hands and gathered my bowl to mix the ingredients.

First: Bring out a small pot, add water, add two eggs and boil.
second: Crab two individual stalks of celery and dice up.
third: Two eighth of an inch slices of onion and dice up.
fourth: Two small dill pickles and dice up.
Add these in the bowl.

2, five ounce cans of TUNA in water, drain water.
1, five ounce can of Chicken in water, drain water.
Dice up both meats prior to placing in bowl.

place both in bowl.

Once the eggs are boiled, remove from shell and dice up eggs. place in bowl.

Break out my tablespoon and stir
Miracle Whip....I start out with two hefty tablespoonful and start mixing it in...I usually add one or two more depends on the creaminess(and taste).....then I add a squirt of mustard. Just to enhance taste. Too much mustard and it turns yellow and ruins the taste.
add salt and pepper....3 to 4 shakes should do!
add Paprika....2 to 3 shakes should do!

Stir well!
May I also add, taste it as you go along.
The reason I like Miracle Whip is because its Creamy Mayo and Tangy Salad Dressing.
I add chicken to tuna to make the taste will be less fishy.
Tastes better when refrigerated.

My gurlfriend loves it....she brought out tortilla chips and used it as a dip!

Me, two slices of bread, place my concoction in between the two.
and I'm in heaven.

later Journal
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9.18.2018 at 09:36 PM
Today's Happenings

Hello Journal,

Busy day so far Journal,
Started out around 6:00 am this morning walking the dogs. I take them to a nearby desert park that is fenced in and take off the leash. Off they go to sniff, pee, and run for 45 minutes. It's over a 100 acres of desert and trails and some wild plants and life.

7:30 am
My gurlfriend wakes up and gets ready for eye surgery. While she's showering I took the time to grab a quick tuna/chicken salad sandwich. She hasn't eaten since midnight and I didn't want to ruin it by cooking/frying/boiling something.

8:00 am
Called my job and let them know I'm not showing up for work today. I did file paperwork to take this day off with pay two weeks ago. But was declined. So I called in sick.
Following this phone with another phone call to the veterinarian (animal doctor) to verify their appointment....my two dogs are due for a comprehensive physical examination. Which includes up-dating shots and various tests. I'll drop them off at 7:00 am Thursday and hopefully pick them up by 1:00 pm.

9:30 am
We arrived to the surgery center.....short version.
She suffers from cataracts and astigmatism.
Cataracts....foggy sight that gets worst.
Astigmatism....blurred or out of focus vision

The cataracts will be removed and a lens called a TORIC LENS will be inserted. The lens will correct the blurred out vision. The right was done first last month. Today, the left eye is being worked on and in 24 hours, the eye doctor will examine the eye and finally both eyes will have excellent vision. She tolerated this non-sense for over 8 years.

10:30 am
Surgery done....she's hungry. What you wanted to eat? I asked.
IN and OUT Burger....she says.
Double-Double Burger with everything, fries, and a Vanilla Shake.

11:30 am
We made it home, she finished off the meal and hits the sack.
ME: Fed and watered the dogs.

1:00 pm
Called one of my daughters....how's the weather in Washington D.C.....remember the recent Hurricane?

4:30 pm
wake up from a nap!

5:30 pm
Las Vegas Metro Police Swat Team shows up on my block....about 100 meters to the west and start announcing they have a warrant to search the house of 5335 and all residence living within must exit and stand on the front yard with hands on head. Our city street is blocked off and all residents stay within their homes.

8:00
I'm going to the gym to work out, then hit the sack myself upon my return.

Later Journal:yes: ;):tu:
 Pages:  1  ..  13  14  15

Go To Top