Author: Subject: Inspirational Thoughts
Salehdin
Supreme Member

Mood: Compassionate

[*] posted on 9.7.2012 at 05:39 PM

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/i-cannot-help-you-for-i-am-just-a-cookie.png

Truth, Compassion, Forbearance
http://www.falundafa.org

“...if every one of us examines his own character for causes, if when we don’t do well we look inside ourselves for the cause, and we try to do better next time, and if we think about other people first any time we do something, then the world will change for the better, morals will go back up, people’s civility will improve, and crime will go down. Maybe we won’t even need policemen. There will be no need for things like neighborhood watch, and everyone will watch over himself, and they’ll look inside their own minds to fix things. Wouldn’t you say that’d be great?”
- Mr. Li Hongzhi (in Zhuan Falun)
Salehdin
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 10.5.2012 at 06:20 PM

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

“...if every one of us examines his own character for causes, if when we don’t do well we look inside ourselves for the cause, and we try to do better next time, and if we think about other people first any time we do something, then the world will change for the better, morals will go back up, people’s civility will improve, and crime will go down. Maybe we won’t even need policemen. There will be no need for things like neighborhood watch, and everyone will watch over himself, and they’ll look inside their own minds to fix things. Wouldn’t you say that’d be great?”
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 10.5.2012 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Salehdin
“I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.”

Only if you take them 'literally.' People who say "I'm bored," are usually just boring.

Salehdin
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 10.8.2012 at 12:18 PM

The short and popular view of the concept of karma is IMO the main reason it continues to rage on in the first place. When wronged it is easy to look outward and see that those who have wronged us will get their due retribution, at this point the concept seems crystal clear. The hard part and IMO the crucial point is looking within and seeing that the very act that caused us to hurt in the first place is our own karma coming to fruition and the best way forward is to see that we are paying for our own unrighteous past acts and thus we stop looking for others to change and work on the only person we truly can change, ourselves.

Salehdin
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 11.30.2012 at 10:24 AM

"If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself,

If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself,

Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation."

Lazar
Platinum Member

Mood: Enlightened

[*] posted on 12.6.2012 at 08:44 AM
The Wisdom of Ptahhotep

http://www.touregypt.net/images/touregypt/imhotepmuseum27b.jpg

Ptahhotep was the vizier of a Fifth Dynasty King, Isesi, his tomb can be found at Saqarra.

‘Do not let your heart become proud because of what you know;
Learn from the ignorant as well as the learned man.
There are no limits that have been decreed for art;
There is no artist who attains entire excellence.
A lovely thought is harder to come by than a jewel;
One can find it in the hand of a maid at the grindstone.

Do not let your heart become swollen with pride
In case you may be humbled.

It is true that one may become rich through doing evil,
But the power of Truth and Justice is that they endure
And that a man can say of them: “They are a heritage from my father”.

If you are resolute, acquire a reputation
For knowledge and kindliness.

Follow the dictates of your heart.

Let your face shine during the time that you live…
It is the kindliness of a man that is remembered
During the years that follow

MAMI WATA THE GODDESS UNVEILED, Vol(s) I and II - Vivian Hunter Hindrew, M.Ed.
Salehdin
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.2.2013 at 10:08 AM

A saint who was visiting river Ganges to take bath found a group of family members on the banks, shouting in anger at each other. He turned to his disciples smiled 'n asked.

'Why do people in anger shout at each other?'

Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, 'Because we lose our calm, we shout.'

'But, why should you shout when the other person is just next to you? You can as well tell him what you have to say in a soft manner.' asked the saint

Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the other disciples.
Finally the saint explained, .

'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other to cover that great distance.

What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is either nonexistent or very small...'

The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper 'n they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other 'n that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'

He looked at his disciples and said.

'So when you argue do not let your hearts get distant, Do not say words that distance each other more, Or else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return.'

Salehdin
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.11.2013 at 09:56 AM

“When we speak of man, we have a conception of humanity as a whole, and before applying scientific methods to the investigation of his movement we must accept this as a physical fact. But can anyone doubt to-day that all the millions of individuals and all the innumerable types and characters constitute an entity, a unit? Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them. I cut myself in the finger, and it pains me: this finger is a part of me. I see a friend hurt, and it hurts me, too: my friend and I are one. And now I see stricken down an enemy, a lump of matter which, of all the lumps of matter in the universe, I care least for, and it still grieves me. Does this not prove that each of us is only part of a whole?

For ages this idea has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one. Metaphysical proofs are, however, not the only ones which we are able to bring forth in support of this idea. Science, too, recognizes this connectedness of separate individuals, though not quite in the same sense as it admits that the suns, planets, and moons of a constellation are one body, and there can be no doubt that it will be experimentally confirmed in times to come, when our means and methods for investigating psychical and other states and phenomena shall have been brought to great perfection. Still more: this one human being lives on and on. The individual is ephemeral, races and nations come and pass away, but man remains. Therein lies the profound difference between the individual and the whole.”

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 7.27.2015 at 07:59 PM
I was readingfor a lil of Sal's 'inspiration' when I came across this:

Quote:
Originally posted by spitlogic

Mother Theresa spoke against the wealthy at every chance she had. She continually refused to attend events given in her honor.

Mother Theresa spoke at rich, white, Republican Washington "Illuminati's" breakfast club.

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=61927&page=1#pid682006

Pages:  1  ..  4  5  6

Go To Top