Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: The Sex Act in itself is Over-Rated!
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 5.6.2011 at 12:01 PM
The Sex Act in itself is Over-Rated!

I used to always ponder this through out my life.

I have found out the the anticipation, romantic buildup, the cuddling afterwards, listening to each other's heartbeats, smelling of each other's aromas were much more rewarding than the actual act

I believe that we focus too much on the performance, skills and not on the "ride with the other person."
In other words we focus on the waves and rocking of the boat and miss the spectacular views - the beauty of the sea and the clear blue skies, and the nice warm breeze blowing through each other hair, and the slight sweet smelling aroma.

Most females do not climax anyway. So lots of that great artistic, skilful performance may be a waste of time.
And by the way a man may come in his sleep, or from a slight breeeze that blows his way. It is usually automatic and quick for a man.

My point is to focus on Enjoying the Person, the Whole person and not just the physical act.

This is a good article about orgasms in females and the different stages of life:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/orgasmtrouble.htm

If you are a lover of good quality cuisine and wine, you would know that the actual food and alcohol in you belly aint the greatness of the feast. It is the feasting of your eyes, the aromas, the touch on your tongue in your mouth, the texture, the warmness that really count as memorable.

What do you think?

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5.6.2011 at 12:09 PM

I don't know who you're doing it with but sex is NOT overrated. :whistle:

With that said, I do agree that sex is not the be-all and end-all of nurturing and intimacy in relationships.
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: good

[*] posted on 5.6.2011 at 04:30 PM

You asked the wrong person that!:rolling:...Sex is never overrated if you're sexing a person that you like or love.That kind of sex has to be one of Life's better things.You can enjoy the person,enjoy being with,enjoy everything about them......But a little nookie or some dicc never hurt anybody!!:whistle:
MrAdams
CL Leader

Mood: Glad to be patroling the CocoaLounge again... :yes:

[*] posted on 5.7.2011 at 09:12 AM

I agree with my fellow CLoungers - You haven't had some of that GOOD STUFF yet... :shifty: :butt: :blah: :rofl: :thanx:

Helping Patrol The CL Lounge...
Homegirl 50
Super Administrator

Mood: feeling good :tu:

[*] posted on 5.7.2011 at 02:55 PM

I get the point of what she is saying.
We can all agree that sex is good but it is not "all" of it.
You can have an orgasm by yourself and of course a man can screw a piece of liver and get off.

To me, sex is about the person, the way you feel about yourself and the kind of intimacy you share aside from sex.
JMHO

When other people make mistakes, we seek justice.
When we make mistakes, we seek compassion.
The lesson is to give to others what you seek.
--Maura Cullen
browngrl86
Supreme Member

Mood: I'm alive, blessed.......AND LOVIN IT!!!!:dance:

[*] posted on 5.20.2011 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Homegirl 50
I get the point of what she is saying.
We can all agree that sex is good but it is not "all" of it.
You can have an orgasm by yourself and of course a man can screw a piece of liver and get off.

To me, sex is about the person, the way you feel about yourself and the kind of intimacy you share aside from sex.
JMHO

Agreed.

No God, no peace

Know God, know peace
Careyn

Mood: Determined, yet somewhat impatient

[*] posted on 5.27.2011 at 06:15 PM

I beg to differ. Celibacy is over rated, but not sex. :whistle: But I guess that's because I include the before and after - foreplay and cuddling (etc.) as part of the complete act to. I don't separate them because I don't do one without the other. If he ain't got time to put in the time he needs to keep stepping. :eyebrow:
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 6.10.2011 at 06:15 PM

^^^I totally agree....Celibacy is vastly overrated.I've heard some people say that it makes you more reflective and more at ease with yourself? Really?...What kind of drugs were they taking? I was celibate for two years once(yeah,you knew that that was due to certain circumstances and not of design) and I didn't see a damn thing reflective about it! (lol). I wasn't climbing the walls to get some,but the urge was always there.
crabrice
Platinum Member

Mood: Happy to be Alive

[*] posted on 6.11.2011 at 06:42 AM

Celibacy is a discipline; not every-one can do it. It is similar to fasting. It brings your body and urges under control. You are in control of those urges.

Warriors, Boxers and some great men historically have practiced this before going to battle or during a battle( Bathsheba's husband, Uriah, refused David's request to sleep with his wife, whilst a battle was going on.)

Celibacy, I have found, is NOT over rated. It does make you reflective and feel "successfully" in charge.

Muhammed Ali, great athletes and other warriors, Muhatma Gandhi, Leonardo da Vinci and Joan of Arc have pacticed it:

http://www.seniorwomen.com/ca/cw/00/cult090400.html

It does give you strength. The sex act for MALES is draining of your energy; that is why you become so exhausted and sleepy afterwards.

Not having sex makes you more focused if "deliberately celibate."

DEliberate Celibacy is different than Unwanted, by chance Celibacy.

Practising celibacy then performing/competing your task , makes for the Best Sex afterwards. Because YOu are the Master... you have reigned the wild stallion in, made the wild stallion submit to you and Won.

Even before School Exams, I found celibacy to be productively useful; you could do more focused work and your body did not feel as tired; so you could stay up longer and work harder.

I had a muslem colleague who used to practise fasting and celibacy leading up to or during certain feast days. AS he said, he was "channelling' his energies and focusing on the tasks ahead.

I am the way, the truth and the life- Jesus
John 14:6
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 6.11.2011 at 08:57 AM

^^^^^Professional fighters are drilled from day one not to have sex before a fight because of the belief that it made you meaner and stronger.In Ali's autobio titled The Greatest,he wrote that most fighters would have sex up to two weeks before a fight.They would then cut off all sexual contact.Ali wrote that he would not have sex for six weeks before a fight.He felt that it made him more stronger and faster in the ring.It was probably more psychological than physical.But any edge in boxing is a plus. Ghandi would sleep between two naked women on occasion to test his sexual resolve.One husband of one of his followers was so upset,he banned her from doing this!! (lol)....Now you mentioned roping a wild stallion and being in control.Interesting viewpoint.When I was into forced celibacy,I was pretty much in control.I didn't freak out or anything....I just did not like having to 'practice ' it! (lol)

P.S:
I never felt exhausted or sleepy after a good bout of sex.I could do a two mile run after getting off if I had to!! (lol)
Careyn

Mood: Determined, yet somewhat impatient

[*] posted on 6.15.2011 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crabrice
Celibacy is a discipline; not every-one can do it.

Celibacy, I have found, is NOT over rated. It does make you reflective and feel "successfully" in charge.

Muhammed Ali, great athletes and other warriors, Muhatma Gandhi, Leonardo da Vinci and Joan of Arc have pacticed it:

http://www.seniorwomen.com/ca/cw/00/cult090400.html

It does give you strength. The sex act for MALES is draining of your energy; that is why you become so exhausted and sleepy afterwards.

Not having sex makes you more focused if "deliberately celibate."

DEliberate Celibacy is different than Unwanted, by chance Celibacy.

Practising celibacy then performing/competing your task , makes for the Best Sex afterwards. Because YOu are the Master... you have reigned the wild stallion in, made the wild stallion submit to you and Won.

Even before School Exams, I found celibacy to be productively useful; you could do more focused work and your body did not feel as tired; so you could stay up longer and work harder.

I had a muslem colleague who used to practise fasting and celibacy leading up to or during certain feast days. AS he said, he was "channelling' his energies and focusing on the tasks ahead.

Some good points made crabrice - however I find LACK of sex more emotionally draining than the energy required to have sex - but I understand the point you're trying to make.

My statement about 'celibacy is overrated' was a counter to the thread titled "sex" is over rated. Given the choice of one being overated - I'd choose celibacy over sex. Obviously there are very few black and white scenarios in life - and I agree there are times when celibacy is helpful/necessary. I've been there - done that, wouldn't want to write a book about it tho - it's a sad, sad story.

But seriously - some times you do need to take a pause for the cause - I totally agree with that!

Go To Top