Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Former Quarterback Steve McNair Shot Dead
caramel2u
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7.4.2009 at 04:26 PM
Former Quarterback Steve McNair Shot Dead

steve mcnair 36 was shot dead in downtown tennessee along with an unknown female..way too many dying, this is another shock ! they said he was murdered...

my self worth is not tied up in your acceptence of me !
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.4.2009 at 04:51 PM

Steve LaTreal McNair (February 14, 1973 - July 4, 2009)[2], nicknamed Air McNair, was an American football quarterback in the National Football League. He was originally drafted by the Houston Oilers third overall in the 1995 NFL Draft. He played college football at Alcorn State.

McNair was selected to the Pro Bowl three times and was the Co-AP NFL MVP in 2003.

McNair attended Mount Olive High School as a freshman in the fall of 1987, where he played football, baseball, and basketball in addition to running track for the Pirates. The Seattle Mariners drafted him in the 35th round of the 1991 MLB amateur draft.[3] As a junior, McNair led Mount Olive to the state championship. McNair also played free safety in high school, and in 1990 alone, he intercepted 15 passes, raising his career total to 30, which tied the mark established by Terrell Buckley at Pascagoula High School.[citation needed] An All-State selection, McNair was named an All-American bySuper Prep magazine.[citation needed]

College career
McNair played collegiately for Alcorn State University, a historically black university which competes in the NCAA's Division I-AA Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC). In 1992, McNair threw for 3,541 yards and 29 touchdowns, and ran in for 10 more scores. The Braves fashioned a record of 7–4, including a last-second victory in their rematch with Grambling. In that contest, McNair returned from an injury and helped Alcorn State, trailing late in the final period, move deep into Tigers’ territory. Then, despite a leg injury, he tucked the ball under his arm and dove into the end zone for the winning touchdown. The victory over Grambling helped the Braves qualify for the 1-AA playoffs. McNair helped Alcorn State to another good year in 1993, as the Braves upped their record to 8-3 while McNair threw for more than 3,000 yards and 30 touchdowns. He was also named First-Team All-SWAC for the third year in a row.

In his senior season, McNair gained nearly 6,000 yards rushing and passing, along with 53 touchdowns. In the process, he surpassed more than a dozen records and was named an All-American. In addition, McNair won the Walter Payton Award and finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting behind Rashaan Salaam and Ki-Jana Carter.

Professional career

Houston Oilers
With the third pick in the 1995 NFL Draft the Oilers and new head coach Jeff Fisher selected McNair, who signed a seven-year contract. McNair did not see his first action until the last two series of the fourth quarter in a November game versus the Cleveland Browns. Late in the season, he also appeared briefly against the Detroit Lions and New York Jets. Meanwhile, starting quarterback Chris Chandler finished as the AFC’s fourth-best passer. In 1996, McNair remained a backup to Chandler until starting a game in December against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

McNair's first season as the Oilers' starter in 1997 resulted in an 8-8 record for the team, which played its home games at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tennessee. McNair's 2,665 passing yards were the most for the Oilers since Warren Moon in 1993, and his 13 interceptions were the fewest for a single season in franchise history. He also led the team in rushing touchdowns with eight and ranked second behind running back Eddie George with 674 yards on the ground, the third-highest total for a quarterback in NFL history.

Tennessee Titans
In 1998, McNair set career passing highs with 492 attempts, 289 completions, 3,228 yards and 15 touchdowns for the Oilers, now competing in Nashville. He also cut his interceptions to 10, helping his quarterback rating climb to 80.1.

The Oilers officially changed their name to Tennesee Titans for the 1999 season as they debuted a new stadium, the Coliseum. Early in the 1999 season, McNair was diagnosed with an inflamed disk following Tennessee's 36-35 win over the Cincinnati Bengals, and needed surgery. In his place stepped Neil O'Donnell, a veteran who had guided the Pittsburgh Steelers to the Super Bowl four years earlier. During the next five games, O’Donnell led the Titans to a 4–1 record. McNair returned against the St. Louis Rams, and with McNair starting, Tennessee won seven of its last nine games, good for a record of 13-3 and second place in the AFC Central.

Tennessee opened the playoffs at home against the Buffalo Bills in a Wild Card game, winning on the "Music City Miracle" and eventually advancing to Super Bowl XXXIV in a re-match with the Rams. On the final play of the game, a McNair pass to Kevin Dyson was complete, but Dyson was unable to break the plane of the goal line, giving the Rams the win. McNair signed a new six-year contract after the season worth $47 million.[citation needed]

Following a 13-3 season in 2000 that ended in a playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens, the 28-year-old McNair put together his most productive year as a pro. McNair registered career passing highs in yards (3,350), completions (264), touchdowns (21) and quarterback rating (90.2). He was also the team’s most effective rusher, tying George for the club lead with five scores. Named to the Pro Bowl for the first time, McNair did it all with a sore right shoulder and right thumb.[citation needed]

After another playoff loss in 2002, McNair was arrested for DUI and illegal gun possession in May 2003. His blood alcohol was above 0.10, and a 9-mm handgun had been sitting in the front of the car.[citation needed]

In December of the 2003 season, an injured calf and ankle kept McNair on the sidelines for two games. Still he finished with the best numbers of his career, including 24 touchdown passes and a quarterback rating of 100.4. The Titans ended at 12-4, the same record as the Colts, but Indianapolis took the AFC South by virtue of its two victories over Tennessee. McNair and Colts quarterback Peyton Manning were named co-NFL MVPs following the season, which ended in a playoff loss to the New England Patriots for the Titans.

McNair missed the 2004 season's fourth game with a bruised sternum, an injury suffered the previous week against Jacksonville,[citation needed] and played in only five more games that season.

Baltimore Ravens
Following the 2005 season, on April 30, 2006, the Titans allowed McNair and his agent, Bus Cook to speak with the Ravens to try to work out a deal.[citation needed] On May 1, 2006, the Baltimore Sun reported that the Baltimore Ravens might wait for McNair to be released by the Titans duringfree agency.[citation needed] Speculation was that the Titans might hold onto McNair until the week before training camp in late July if the Ravens didn't come up with a satisfactory trade offer for McNair according to a league source.[citation needed] However, on June 7, 2006, the two teams worked out a deal to send McNair to the Ravens for a 4th-round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. On June 8, McNair flew to Baltimore, passed a physical, and was announced as the newest member of the Ravens.

The 2006 season saw McNair start each game for the Ravens, missing only portions of two games, helping Baltimore to a 13–3 record and an AFC North Championship. McNair started at quarterback in his first playoff game as a Raven when his team played against the Colts on January 13, 2007. The Ravens lost 15-6.

On May 9, 2007 McNair was a passenger in a car that was pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving. Both the driver of the vehicle, who is his brother-in-law, and McNair were arrested for driving under the influence. Under Tennessee law, one can still be arrested for DUI even if you are a passenger in your own car and the driver is found to be under the influence. McNair owns the pick-up truck involved and was charged with DUI by consent.[4] The Charges were dropped on July 10, 2007.[5]

In 2007, McNair did not play in Week 2 against the Jets which the Ravens won 20–13. He also did not play the full game in Week 3, however, the game was won by the Ravens, 26–23. McNair missed 9 more games during the rest of the season, including getting pulled after taking many hits by Steelers' linebacker James Harrison in Week 9, and fumbling the ball twice.

After 13 seasons in the NFL, McNair announced his retirement in April 2008.

Personal life
McNair's son Steve Jr. is a wide receiver at Hattiesburg Oak Grove High School in Mississippi, the school at which Brett Favre regularly works out during the off-season. Steve Jr. is scheduled to graduate in 2010 and has received offers from Mississippi State, Southern Miss, West Virginia, and Tulsa.[6]

Death
McNair was found dead of a single gunshot wound to the head, along with a female victim, on July 4, 2009, in downtown Nashville, Tennessee. [7][8] Heis survived by his wife, Mechelle, and his four sons, Junior, Steven, Tyler, and Trenton[9]. Titans owner Bud Adams released a statement regarding McNair[10]

caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 05:38 AM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Police were working Sunday to unravel the relationship between slain former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes) and his friend, a 20-year-old woman who was found shot to death alongside him in his downtown condominium.

McNair, who led the famous Tennessee Titans’ drive that came a yard short of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl, was found dead on a sofa in the living room Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the head. His friend, Sahel Kazemi, was very close to him on the floor, killed by a single gunshot. A pistol was discovered near her, but police said it took a while to find the firearm.

Authorities didn’t immediately say who was to blame for the killings, but they weren’t looking for any suspects.

McNair, 36, and Kazemi were together just two days earlier, when she was pulled over driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. She was arrested on a DUI charges, and he was allowed to leave in a taxi.

McNair and Kazemi apparently knew each other from a restaurant the quarterback and his family frequented, but workers there wouldn’t talk about their relationship. Police also refused to release any details about their relationship, simply calling Kazemi a “friend.”

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Police spokesman Don Aaron said McNair’s wife, Mechelle, is “very distraught.”

“At this juncture, we do not believe she is involved,” he said. “Nothing has been ruled out, but as far as actively looking for a suspect tonight, the answer would be no.”

Fred McNair, Steve McNair’s oldest brother, said some family members likely will travel to Nashville on Monday to consult with Mechelle.

“It’s still kind of hard to believe,” Fred McNair said. “He was the greatest person in the world. He gave back to the community. He loved kids and he wanted to be a role model to kids.”

He said he did not know who Kazemi was.

The bodies were discovered by McNair’s longtime friend, Wayne Neeley, who rents the condo with McNair. Neeley told authorities he went into the condo, saw McNair and Kazemi, but walked first into the kitchen before going back into the living room.

Neeley then called a friend, who alerted authorities.

Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill neighborhood between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi’s vehicle was already there. The condominium is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans’ stadium.

An arrest affidavit from Thursday said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and alcohol on her breath when she was pulled over, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying “she was not drunk, she was high.”

McNair and his family frequented the restaurant where Kazemi was a waitress, according employees and patrons of Dave & Buster’s in Nashville. Keith Norfleet, Kazemi’s ex-boyfriend, told The Tennessean newspaper that McNair and Kazemi met at the restaurant.

“She was reliable 90 percent of the time,” manager Chris Truelove said of Kazemi. “She was pretty outgoing. A lot of the guests liked being around her, and she liked being around the guests.”

Co-worker Shantez Jobe, 33, she said was friends with Kazemi.

AP - Jul 5, 1:51 am EDT
“We talked about who had more fashion sense, and who was the cutest, and who could get more boys, you know some of the stuff girls do,” Jobe said.

In June, McNair opened a restaurant near the Tennessee State University campus. It was closed Saturday evening, but had become a small memorial, where flowers, candles and notes had been placed outside the door.

McNair, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, led the Titans to the 2000 Super Bowl, which they lost 23-16 to the St. Louis Rams. He was co-MVP of the NFL with Colts quarterback Peyton Manning(notes) in 2003. He also played for the Baltimore Ravens before retiring in April 2008.

His most notable moment came in the 2000 Super Bowl. With the Titans trailing by seven, he led the team 87 yards in the final minute and 48 seconds, only to come up a yard short of a touchdown. Kevin Dyson caught his 9-yard pass, but was tackled at the 1-yard line by the Rams’ Mike Jones(notes).

McNair accounted for all of Tennessee’s yards in that drive, throwing for 48 yards and rushing for 14. The rest of the yardage came on penalties against the Rams. Before that, he brought the Titans back from a 16-0 deficit to tie the game.

A police officer gets ready to…

AP - Jul 5, 12:07 am EDT
“If you were going to draw a football player, the physical part, the mental part, everything about being a professional, he is your guy,” former Ravens and Titans teammate Samari Rolle(notes) said. “I can’t even wrap my arms around it.”

McNair grew up in rural Mount Olive, Miss., and became a nationally known college football star playing for Alcorn State, a Division I-AA school in his home state. He was so dominant in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, he became a Heisman Trophy contender. National media flocked to little Lorman in the southwest corner of the Magnolia state to get a look at “Air McNair.” He still holds the Division I-AA (now known as Football Championship Subdivision) records for career yards passing (14,496) and total offense (16,823).

McNair was the third overall draft pick in 1995 by the Houston Oilers, who eventually became the Titans. He finished his career with 31,304 yards passing and 174 touchdowns. McNair’s rugged style led to numerous injuries and aches. He played with pain for several years, and the injuries ultimately forced him to retire.

“On the field, there isn’t a player that was as tough as him, especially at the quarterback position,” the Ravens’ Derrick Mason(notes) said.

During a five-game stretch at the end of the 2002 season, McNair was so bruised he couldn’t practice. But he started all five games and won them, leading the Titans to an 11-5 record and a berth in the AFC championship game for the second time in four seasons.

McNair played all 16 games in 2006, his first season in Baltimore, and guided the Ravens to a 13-3 record. But he injured his groin during the season opener in 2007 and never regained the form that put him in those Pro Bowls.

caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 05:57 AM

His most notable moment came in the 2000 Super Bowl. With the Titans trailing by seven, he led the team 87 yards in the final minute and 48 seconds, only to come up a yard short of a touchdown. Kevin Dyson caught his 9-yard pass, but was tackled at the 1-yard line by the Rams’ Mike Jones(notes).
---------------------------------------

this was one of those plays/moments you will never ever forget.you want this quarterback, this black quarterback to win..

when you talk football and quarterback, mcnairs name will automatically come up...

Confucius08
Lifetime Member

Mood: My mood is always...WTF?

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 01:30 PM

My condolences to his family. The thing that sucks about this situation is of course, he died tragically but his wife has been put in a messed up situation bc McNair (her husband) was supporting a mistress.

"South Florida can bite the Big One"
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 02:32 PM

i hope they go back to the drawing board,i'm not buying this was a murder suicide this killing was way too personal.two shots in the chest for steve plus two in the head.:piss:on that sh't.twenty year old girls are not
thinking "even" numbered shots..

Jeneen
Brown Sista

Mood: Fine, and yours?

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 03:45 PM

I feel sorry for his wife and his 4 children who are now fatherless.
Confucius08
Lifetime Member

Mood: My mood is always...WTF?

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by caramel2u
i hope they go back to the drawing board,i'm not buying this was a murder suicide this killing was way too personal.two shots in the chest for steve plus two in the head.:piss:on that sh't.twenty year old girls are not
thinking "even" numbered shots..

That's true. I don't think it is a murder - suicide either but it was personal as hell. Someone had a lot of hate for Steve.

"South Florida can bite the Big One"
BigMike

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 05:47 PM

It doesn't get more personal than a murder-suicide.
Diamond
Super Moderator

Mood: Flawless Black Beauty

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 06:07 PM

Are they alleging that this "friend Kazemi" was his Mistress????????? ans she may have killed him then herself...????????????????????

The wife I feel sorry for if she didn't know he was spending the weekend with his "mistress'..while she was home mothering his four kids...

Is this an Indian women...Kazemi...and his family knew of her..she was a waitress??? only a waitress..being supported by him???

maybe he was trying to end it and she killed him...or maybe his wife killed both of them finding out about hsi girlfriends DUI and their insurance went up???

smells fishy???

Winners Never Quit...Quitters Never Win...
NikkiSixx
Supreme Member

Mood: Bye b*tches

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 06:37 PM

I think she's Iranian. Anyway, when I found out, I was like what's next. This is truly terrible. I was a fan of Steve's from draft day on.

Tmz has pics of him and Sahel (which, ironically, was a name I was considering naming a daughter....crazy) on vacation.

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/steve_mcnair_and_sahel_kazemi#46170

His wife knew. There's no way in the world a man's going on vacation or away from home and family for a week or more and the woman doesn't have suspicions. Getting this woman a car and condo, too? Please! I'm not buying the two of them knowing each other a few months, either. Steve was doing too much. Even brought the girl back home in a limo after her arrest. Nope!

Maybe the wife had something to do with it. Or the girl's father. Thing's aren't adding up. Especially when the gun wasn't visible.

I remember when Essence/Ebony did a story on them. Just another example of celebrities lying about their home and family life for a little exposure.

Now his wife can't front anymore. She's the widow by default. He died with the woman he loved. By her own hands or not. He was where he wanted to be.

Dayuuuuum. That must be a tough pill to swallow.

Leaving behind the trash... :rofl:
Jeneen
Brown Sista

Mood: Fine, and yours?

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 07:17 PM

Men pay for women they don't love everyday. The condo, car, clothes mean nothing at all. That's what you do for a mistress. She ain't just gonna hang around and do you for nothing. Whether McNair loved her or not is debatable- what isn't debatable is that she sure didn't love him.

People will try to twist this story to fit any scenario that makes them feel comfortable. McNair was a married father of four and had he kept the vows he made to God and his wife he would be alive and breathing now. His wife and children are the victims of this man and woman's poor choices.

Quote:
He died with the woman he loved.

He sure as hell did.

However, he LIVED by the woman he married.

If we could talk to McNair's dead azz right now I wonder which would he choose- life with his wife and children or death with the woman you think he loved :lol:
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 07:43 PM

^^^ you are right, that man deserved to be happy, he should of left michelle a long time ago instead of sliding around, maybe he would be alive today...

but trying to save face and retain his so called clean public image cost him his life.

i think a hit was put out on steve.

NikkiSixx
Supreme Member

Mood: Bye b*tches

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
The condo, car, clothes mean nothing at all.

If this was your man, would it mean something to you?

Quote:
what isn't debatable is that she sure didn't love him.

How do you know? :dunno:

Quote:
However, he LIVED by the woman he married.

Again. That's just by default. We don't know, and probably never will know the circumstances behind Steve's death. If it was a score to settle with someone, people are going to hit you when you're most vulnerable, especially if they don't want
heat coming after them.

Who knew before this weekend that Steve was sleeping with another woman besides his wife?

"McNair was also seen so often at Kazemi’s apartment that a neighbor thought he lived there."

Quote:
If we could talk to McNair's dead azz right now I wonder which would he choose- life with his wife and children or death with the woman you think he loved:lol:

When you take it to the extreme, of course an overwhelming majority will pick life over death. That's a given.

The question to ask is simply, "If you had to choose personal freedom or indebtedness to another human being, which would you choose?"

The marriage wasn't right nor was it all good. If Steve was simply sexing this woman without the perks, I'd lean more to what you're saying. But since this man wasn't rolling in Shaquille O'Neal/Kobe Bryant/Brett Favre dough....it's a little more than what everybody's willing to say.

All to protect this man's image, to spare his legal wife and children further shame, and to keep fire from being blown in their direction should she find out that their relationship was more than a few months old.

But again, this man was taking off, putting cars and homes in his name....she can't tell me she didn't know.

Somebody better ask Shaunie and Vanessa what they know about their men. She was going to put up with it.

I, however, don't need to read the lie you create for media. You see how the sh*t comes back on you.

"Dead-Found with G-I-R-L-F-R-I-E-N-D." Ouch.

Leaving behind the trash... :rofl:
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.5.2009 at 07:47 PM

where was steve living ? that neeley guy said he and steve lived in that condo.where did steve live ? had he left michelle?

Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5

Go To Top