Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Le Bron James
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 6.2.2009 at 05:13 PM
Le Bron James

was he wrong?

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
HisQueen2Be

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6.2.2009 at 10:25 PM

I dont think he was wrong and I dont understand why his behavior that night is such a big deal. (Making the news, etc) I probably would've done the same thing. And this is his first time getting this close to a possible championship.
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 07:40 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsTI5Nc5T5XoxCdDRj3aEx_TjdIF?slug=ap-ob...

my self worth is not tied up in your acceptence of me !
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 07:51 AM

shaq to cleveland??? i think big daddy has it in him one mo time to help lebron and the cavaliers get a ring..i think thats a winning combination...so far as lebron is concerned you live and learn,sportsmanship goes along way..

if i was his mama, and i was present at that game, i'd tell him to get his black azz off this here bus and go show all the young folks that you aren't a sore loser..the whole world is watching you, go sign some autographs shake hands and pull in more endorsements.this is about money sweetie...

my self worth is not tied up in your acceptence of me !
SheSoFly
Platinum Member

Mood: Ready :nunchucks:

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 08:29 AM

I understand his frustration. But he could have at least "Good Game". I was rooting for him all the way. I was disappointed too but hey...

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
tafui
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 10:13 AM

I think there is a difference from being a competitor and being a poor loser. He didn't lose gracefully. And his example about getting beat up is apples and oranges. He wasn't in a street fight. He was being paid millions to play basketball. This is his profession. He has to separate the passion he has with the business it is.

He should have congratulated the Magic.
waterboxer
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 10:21 AM

^^ I disagree. These guys know one another. They see one another quite often. I am sure LeBron will extend himself once he is over HIS disappointment. As a former Athelete (not close to thes guys) I always felt it best to speak after tough losses once I had calmed myself and gotten my thoughts together. There is alot riding on the line for these guys and I'd rather a player gather himself instead of giving empty handshakes, Congrats and accolades just so, a few fans and WHACK ass reporters can say what a classy person so and so is. The post game interviews, empty handshakes etc etc are for show.
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 10:32 AM

I realize that b-ball is his "job" but LeBron clearly is passionate about winning. I think that's why people like him so much -- because he has made people really believe that he wants to bring a championship home for his fans. That's his reason for being there, not to get paid, not to get endorsement deals, not to enjoy or even tolerate the business aspect of it. I would think that fans of basketball -- or any sport, for that matter -- would rather watch players who are passionate about the game.
movneasy
Gold Member

Mood: In love with living

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 03:30 PM

I can understand his thoughts about being competitive but isn't sportsmanship a big part of what is taught?

If you could get up the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.
David Viscott
safetyblitz
Gold Member

Mood: Teasing fans of th Seven Sisters Road Rubberchickens...yep I said it.... Rubber chickens.....

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 04:23 PM

LeBron could have been on the verge of tears. I am sure he did not expect to lose this early. He got to this point last year.

I can kinda see him heading to the back to avoid embarrassment, plus Mo guaranteeing things did not help the situation.

Still handshaking after a game is sportsmanship whether you mean it or not. We got out ass kicked a few nights ago on the pitch and we shook the other team's hand. That said, I don't depend on my sport to eat.

The team was built this year to win. The problem was that Mo Williams was not the AllStar he was made out to be.
BigMike

[*] posted on 6.3.2009 at 08:08 PM

A non-issue. He did the same exact thing last year, but these reporters are making this an issue because he didn't stick around to talk to them. I don't see the purpose in the fake ass handshake ritual.

Go To Top