Mood: Blessed

[*] posted on 4.21.2009 at 01:36 PM
BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, or Storm...Touch or Treo

Which one do you have?

Which would you recommend?

What are some of the pit falls?

*~*~ Afraka - "flesh and soul of the hidden Sun" ~*~*

*~* Out Of Many, One People *~*

“The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others.”

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
soulitude78

Mood: Thoughtful.

[*] posted on 4.21.2009 at 02:05 PM

I hate touch phones really. But I wanted to look into getting the blackberry 8900.
MAJESTY

Mood: Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

[*] posted on 4.21.2009 at 02:11 PM

I have the Storm...it's new, it's hot, and it only has four buttons...everything else is touchscreen = me likey.

The same goes for the HTC Touch...Don't get them if you aren't willing to deal with the learning curve of how to operate it...But if you are willing to deal, these joints can do it all.

My Wife used to own a Pearl, small, slick, and easy to use. If you text allot, then you might want one with a full keyboard. The Pearl does a good job of "guessing" what you were gonna type and fills it in to make up for the lack of keyboard...I think it's perfect for somebody who doesn't text like a madman. But if you do see yourself doing allot of typing, maybe look at one with a full keyboard.

The Curve is the median between the two. It is larger than the pearl, but it still is sleek and has a full keyboard and larger screen. The Treo is similar to the Curve.

Keep it movin'
BklynJawn
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: :butt:

[*] posted on 4.21.2009 at 02:37 PM

i have the 8900 & everytime i pick up my phone i fall in love all over again. I used to have a touch screen phone, and while I loved it, i needed something with more organization. I considered the storm, but after playing with it, i decided against it. and i haven't heard too many great things about it.

the 8900 is small, think and sleek!:tu:
Jeneen
Brown Sista

Mood: Fine, and yours?

[*] posted on 4.22.2009 at 04:31 AM

Quote:
BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, or Storm...Touch or Treo
None of them.

I was going to try the Blackberry 8900 (hated the flip) but fell in love with my friend's white G1. The browsing experience is so real. It's part touch screen but has a qwerty keypad as well. As soon as the store near me gets them back in stock I will be getting one.
Miracletobehol
Supreme Member

Mood: At Peace

[*] posted on 4.22.2009 at 07:55 AM

I have a Blackberry Curve and love it. Easy to use and I love the larger screen for my old eyes!

Miracletobehold

The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles. - Ralph Waldo
Soul Cry

[*] posted on 4.22.2009 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MAJESTY
I have the Storm...it's new, it's hot, and it only has four buttons...everything else is touchscreen = me likey.

The same goes for the HTC Touch...Don't get them if you aren't willing to deal with the learning curve of how to operate it...But if you are willing to deal, these joints can do it all.

My Wife used to own a Pearl, small, slick, and easy to use. If you text allot, then you might want one with a full keyboard. The Pearl does a good job of "guessing" what you were gonna type and fills it in to make up for the lack of keyboard...I think it's perfect for somebody who doesn't text like a madman. But if you do see yourself doing allot of typing, maybe look at one with a full keyboard.

The Curve is the median between the two. It is larger than the pearl, but it still is sleek and has a full keyboard and larger screen. The Treo is similar to the Curve.

Damn, you are the gadget king.

My coworker said the same thing about the Pearl. I'm not a texter so that's not big for me...but I do update Facebook, so that is something to think about.

“The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others.”

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Soul Cry

[*] posted on 4.22.2009 at 08:43 AM

Thanks all...seems like a lot of people are happy with the 8900...which I asume is the same as the curve? I also understand that the keypad is easier too.

@Janeen

I was going to ask about the flip...what don't you like about it? Never heard of the GI

fwilli52

Mood: Laid back guy

[*] posted on 4.29.2009 at 02:02 PM

BlackBerry Pearl, Yes, I would recommend it, it is compact and a few neat features.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
MrAdams
CL Leader

Mood: Glad to be patroling the CocoaLounge again... :yes:

[*] posted on 4.29.2009 at 02:56 PM

i will get the BlackBerry Bold in a few months... :nod:

what are you looking to do with the device?

Helping Patrol The CL Lounge...

Go To Top