http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...yM3o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...HZk8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv8cBOzNE9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkXJM6QEq2s&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...B3Ys&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...rHFU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...fnQk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...6GFo&feature=related

"It is better to be right, marchin' into hell, then to be wrong -following a bunch of fools into heaven"
Archerfish

Mood: MAD CHILL

[*] posted on 3.25.2009 at 04:59 PM

Dr. clarke makes an assertion that afrikans approach to islam is different, historically if not presently, from that of the arabs.

If anyone got (or gets) that far in the video clips, your thoughts?

"It is better to be right, marchin' into hell, then to be wrong -following a bunch of fools into heaven"
waterboxer
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.25.2009 at 05:13 PM

I'll take this one video at a time.

First Vid. He rambled about nothing. In order to speak on topic you need Knowledge. In this video he rambles on and on about Islam yet gave no quotes, scriptures etc etc.
waterboxer
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.25.2009 at 05:27 PM

Second Vid.

How did Islam fail their mission to mankind? People have failed themselves!!

He says, Africans created a religion that wasn't a sunday religion, and it touched your total being. It encompassed marriage, diet, morality, your total human being. That is ISLAM!!! If, he actually read\studied Quran and Hadith this would be OBIVIOUS!!!
waterboxer
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.25.2009 at 05:38 PM

He may have knowledge of African history, Arab history etc. etc. but he has no knowledge of Islam.
Archerfish

[*] posted on 3.26.2009 at 03:19 PM

'Boxer, what in the first video gave you the suggestion the Dr. Clarke does not have knowledge in regard to islam? Is it intelligent to make this assessment after watching just a couple of vid-clips?

How familiar are you with the man and or his legacy, byetheway?

Anyway...

In the first vid:

Clarke mentioned something in the first video that I rather agree with. That the elements that were the basis for christianity, judaism and islam, came out of afrika.

Which is why he said, not in these exact words, the foreigners took these concepts, put a spin on them, then turned around and served it to the afrikan as if it was 100% authentic.

When he said we "out-pope the pope and out muhammed the muhammed", I recall and example that speaks to this:

I recall when that movie, "The passion of the christ", came out. I saw black folks coming out of the theater, in my neck of the woods, crying and giving praise.

This doesn't surprise me however. We are a spiritual people, who brought spirituality to the world, that we find in hundreds, if not thousands, of organized religious forms.

Clarke further goes on to say that,

"The arab did to islam what the white man did to christianity. He subtracted the spirituality an made it a political instrument for his opportunism.... But when it came over to the afrikan, the afrikan accepted the spiritual aspect of it and forgot that to the arab it was then and still is a political game and that the spiritual aspect left him very early."

Does anyone agree/disagree with that assessment? If so due explain.

I've always said that if religion and politics don't mix, they darn sure go hand in hand. Constantine is a good example of that.

Archerfish

[*] posted on 3.26.2009 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by waterboxer
....he has no knowledge of Islam.

:lmao:

waterboxer
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.26.2009 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Archerfish
'Boxer, what in the first video gave you the suggestion the Dr. Clarke does not have knowledge in regard to islam? Is it intelligent to make this assessment after watching just a couple of vid-clips?

Yes, it is because, a Muslim or person with KNOWLEDGE of Islam uses the proper tools to discuss it. His opinions about Islam are worthless.

How familiar are you with the man and or his legacy, byetheway?

I know little about him. What does that have to do with the price of Tea in China?
Anyway...

In the first vid:

Clarke mentioned something in the first video that I rather agree with. That the elements that were the basis for christianity, judaism and islam, came out of afrika.

He doesn't know that and neither do you. Allah (god) is infinite and his message spans the Universe.

Which is why he said, not in these exact words, the foreigners took these concepts, put a spin on them, then turned around and served it to the afrikan as if it was 100% authentic.

What's the spin? He was rambling and people were co-signing.

When he said we "out-pope the pope and out muhammed the muhammed", I recall and example that speaks to this:

He can say what he likes. That's not a fact. Furthermore if, you are a SPIRITUAL person and not a RELIGIOUS person you can't out do someone who is not in your catagory.

I recall when that movie, "The passion of the christ", came out. I saw black folks coming out of the theater, in my neck of the woods, crying and giving praise.

This doesn't surprise me however. We are a spiritual people, who brought spirituality to the world, that we find in hundreds, if not thousands, of organized religious forms.

Yeah, more vague Mumbo Jumbo. What's a spiritual people? What are the Laws, foundations, moral codes? etc etc

Clarke further goes on to say that,

"The arab did to islam what the white man did to christianity. He subtracted the spirituality an made it a political instrument for his opportunism.... But when it came over to the afrikan, the afrikan accepted the spiritual aspect of it and forgot that to the arab it was then and still is a political game and that the spiritual aspect left him very early."

This here is exact evidence that this MAN is ignorant of Islam. How could the Africans take what was already written in Quran and add spirituality to it. When in the Quran we are commanded to Pray, fast, treat our mothers, and family with kindness, to help the poor, to free slaves, etc etc. If that's not spirituality then you my friend just like talking\typing out the side of your neck.

Does anyone agree/disagree with that assessment? If so due explain.

I've always said that if religion and politics don't mix, they darn sure go hand in hand. Constantine is a good example of that.

If, his gripe is with Arabs vs. Africans then he needs to stick with that argument and leave Islam out of it.
waterboxer
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.26.2009 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Archerfish
Quote:
Originally posted by waterboxer
....he has no knowledge of Islam.

:lmao:

I am glad I could get a laugh out of you. I was doing the same while this Clown rambled on about nothing.
Archerfish

[*] posted on 3.26.2009 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
If, his gripe is with Arabs vs. Africans

...If you watched all the clips then perhaps you may obtain a better grasp of his overall premise instead posting so ridiculous.

In short your critical analysis is putrid.

For example:

Quote:
This here is exact evidence that this MAN is ignorant of Islam. How could the Africans take what was already written in Quran and add spirituality to it.

Did not, he say that the bases of islam, as well as the other two abrahamic faiths were built on spiritual concepts achieved in afrika?

What he also stated was that the arabs didn't do islam 'justice' as did the afrikans in antiquity. Islam was misused by arabs as europeans misused christianity.

HELLO?!?!?!?

Quote:
When in the Quran we are commanded to Pray, fast, treat our mothers, and family with kindness, to help the poor, to free slaves, etc etc. If that's not spirituality then you my friend just like talking\typing out the side of your neck.

...This is clear evidence that you haven't look at all the clips and it also reveals your apparent difficulty to comprehend what Clarke is saying.

Dude, he's not speaking esoteric with this.

Quote:
What's a spiritual people? What are the Laws, foundations, moral codes? etc etc
If you understood the difference between religion and spirituality, you would not have asked such absurd questions.

Watch the clips thoroughly, then perhaps, we can better analyze Dr. Clarke's remarks.

Until then,

I'm Disengaging.............NOW!

Go To Top