Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Re: Board Rules/Valid or Invalid?
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

Mood: Unapologetic

[*] posted on 3.19.2009 at 01:21 PM
Re: Board Rules/Valid or Invalid?

http://www.cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=3726

According to the board rules, threads which have not had post activity in over 30 days are off-limits.

However, the Board Rules also say, "No images in sigs," but many members do have images within their signatures.

QUESTION:

Which rules are still valid and which are not?

Which rules should be followed/recognized and which not?

"Whether you have a Ph.D., or no D, we're in this bag together....work together with the black man, then we will have a better chance to just act as human beings.."
Fannie Lou Hamer
tafui
Lifetime Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.19.2009 at 06:48 PM

All of the rules are valid. :koolaid:

The Debate Forum, by its nature, allows members to debate without major interference. This means that if the thread gets out of hand, moderators won't close it, but will suggest a change in direction. It would be nice if members didn't revive threads in the Debate Forum that are inactive for more than 30 days. But, if it happens there we're less likely to flip out because the rules are more relaxed in that space. Unfortunately, some members often push the limits to everything here and require moderators to babysit and parent, rather than moderate.

Also, there should not be images in signatures; however, that is a rule many don't follow. There are days I see an image and remember to ask the member to delete it from his sig. There are other times when someone is getting cursed out and folks are who-riding from thread to thread, that usually takes precedence over signatures and old threads. There may be times when all of these things can be addressed because more moderators are around.

So, basically, moderators do what they can and try to be here throughout the day. However, like other members it may not always be possible. Only people without jobs and any kind of life can be here 24 hours a day.:ummm:

Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.19.2009 at 07:11 PM

Thank you for the response. :tu:

One member mentioned that the "30 Day Rule" was no longer "enforced," and so I wondered if an "update" had been posted to that effect.

I saw nothing different. So, I thought to ask which rules were valid. ---I was aware of the relaxed rule for the Poetry Room but not for the Debate Forum.

However, the amount of time any member spends on CL has no bearing on an observation made.....Members are asked and encouraged to READ the rules and to FOLLOW the rules.

So, if a member sees a discrepancy in the rules, it is no different from a Moderator seeing that same discrepancy and acting on it.....or, perhaps, not.

But, again, THANK YOU for your prompt and informative response to my query.

"Whether you have a Ph.D., or no D, we're in this bag together....work together with the black man, then we will have a better chance to just act as human beings.."
Fannie Lou Hamer
tafui
Lifetime Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.19.2009 at 07:32 PM

No...thank you for asking. I'm glad you read the rules, saw an issue, and responded accordingly. :tu: It's nice if others can police the board, too...seeing that there are more members than moderators here.

Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.19.2009 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tafui
No...thank you for asking. I'm glad you read the rules, saw an issue, and responded accordingly. :tu: It's nice if others can police the board, too...seeing that there are more members than moderators here.

No problem.

I know you're only 1 person, Tafui.

There are SEVEN other Moderators listed on this site, but most of them are seldom ever seen.

And ONE person, certainly, can't catch everything, all the time. So, again, I thank you for giving my question some of your time and attention.

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.15.2009 at 01:57 PM

Thank you to Jeneen for all the new Moderators.

It's nice to see more Mods on the staff who will be present and more active on the site.

I'm sure there will be some positive changes on CL with these new additions.

Fannie Lou Hamer
Soul Cry
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Blessed

[*] posted on 4.15.2009 at 02:03 PM

I'm one of those that had a pic in her sig...not because I trying to be bad, but I suck at technology and the darn avatar NEVER works for me.

:frustrated:

I miss my poor lions...let's see if luck is on my side.

*~*~ Afraka - "flesh and soul of the hidden Sun" ~*~*

*~* Out Of Many, One People *~*

“The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others.”

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.15.2009 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Soul Cry
I'm one of those that had a pic in her sig...not because I trying to be bad, but I suck at technology and the darn avatar NEVER works for me.

Oh, I think most of those who violated that rule just didn't know. They saw others with images and links. So, they thought it was okay.

CL just didn't have enough active Moderators who could patrol and correct such things.

Now, with you and the others, hopefully, a lot of what had been ignored or neglected before will now be addressed.

Again, I'm happy to see yall! :jump:

Fannie Lou Hamer
Soul Cry
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 4.15.2009 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shuga/HoneyBun
Thank you to Jeneen for all the new Moderators.

It's nice to see more Mods on the staff who will be present and more active on the site.

I'm sure there will be some positive changes on CL with these new additions.

You bring valid points to the table. If we, or I, miss anything, please feel free to send us, or me, at u2u

“The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others.”

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Soul Cry
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 4.15.2009 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shuga/HoneyBun
Quote:
Originally posted by Soul Cry

Oh, I think most of those who violated that rule just didn't know. They saw others with images and links. So, they thought it was okay.

CL just didn't have enough active Moderators who could patrol and correct such things.

Now, with you and the others, hopefully, a lot of what had been ignored or neglected before will now be addressed.

Again, I'm happy to see yall! :jump:

Thanks Shuga

As I said below, please always feel free to bring forth any concerns.

I agree, not many know. Just sign up and start typing.

Thanks again, I hope to not disappoint.

Go To Top