Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Ask me anything...MAJESTY
MAJESTY
Lifetime Member

Mood: Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 10:34 AM
Ask me anything...MAJESTY

I have some time on my hands so hit me up!

Keep it movin'
msclassy
Lifetime Member

Mood: :angel:

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 11:15 AM

Hello there Majesty..long time, no hear...

How are you enjoying fatherhood?

Are you done with Christmas shopping?

How do you feel about our new president-elect?

What do you think about Obama's freshman year college pics that's floating around?

Who/what inspires or motivates you?

What was the last movie you saw in theaters? What movie do you look forward to seeing?

Name your favorite holiday movie?

"destined, determined, dreamer''
An unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates
MAJESTY
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by msclassy
Hello there Majesty..long time, no hear...

How are you enjoying fatherhood?

LOVING IT...I've had a rough year, but seeing her little face light up when I get home makes all that other stuff seem trivial

Are you done with Christmas shopping?

Yes...but that's just because I don't do holiday shopping. BUT I am in the process of making a movie of my little girl and sending it out to friends and family soon

How do you feel about our new president-elect?

I went from skeptical, to tentative, to interested to see what he will actually do in office. It seems as if he is ready to run with it based on how quickly he has been moving in past weeks to get things set up, but I am still in the "wait and see" mode.

What do you think about Obama's freshman year college pics that's floating around?

Smooth and Cool. And being an aficionado on cool, they are exactly that...nothing more, nothing less.

Who/what inspires or motivates you?

My wife and child inspires me. When I was younger, I didn't have a particular profession I wanted to be when I "grow up". But I can remember always picturing myself as a husband and father. Now that I am both, I strive to be that man for them. Regardless of my situation, regardless of how I am feeling, I have an obligation to them, and I am gonna make sure I am ready handle the responsibility.

What was the last movie you saw in theaters? What movie do you look forward to seeing?

The last movie I saw was Transporter 3. I am an all action, blow things up, car chase kinda movie guy; so the movies I am waiting on would be Transformers 2, and the next Terminator movie.

Name your favorite holiday movie?

That's easy...A Christmas Story "I can't put my arms down!!!"

Keep it movin'
tafui
Lifetime Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 01:37 PM

How old is your daughter now?

When she becomes a teenager, what behavior will you and won't you accept from her?

How do you prepare youself for a new year?

MAJESTY
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tafui
How old is your daughter now?

She will be 10 months next week

When she becomes a teenager, what behavior will you and won't you accept from her?

Of course I won't accept the obvious: cheating, lying, stealing, and overall disrespect. Outside of that, as long as she recognizes that in EVERTHING she does, she not only represents herself, but her family, and her community; I can play the rest by ear. That along with accepting responsibility for her own actions are the TWO MAIN lessons I hope to instill in her so by the time she reaches that age, she will have enough sense to recognize, think, and understand before she acts.

How do you prepare yourself for a new year?

I haven't in the past. I consider myself a pretty laid-back person, so my attitude with most things is usually "it is what it is". but this new year approaching will be different simply because I face new challenges as an individual and a professional. As a result, I need to take some time and draw out some specific objectives and make some plans on how to carry out those objectives as apposed to just making it up as I go along. Normally everything just falls into place...but this is different, and I don't want the shot-clock to run out before I have decided I need to drive to the hole.

All that and I still don't think I answered your question, lol. So I guess what I am saying is this year I will sit down and organize my ideals, thoughts, and goals and organize them and create some bullet point objectives and how I am going to achieve them.

Keep it movin'
caramelkisses
Platinum Member

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 03:48 PM

Are you inspired by anyone? If so, who?

Do you think the current state of the economy is as bad as the media portrays?

What makes a "good" father?

Do you want more children?

How do you feel about HBCUs?

Are Southern rappers taking over the rap game?

Who's the hottest female actress?

How do you feel about IR relationships?

Should the gov't legalize marijuana?

Is "Blanket" *really* Michael Jackson's biological son? :ummm:

Everything I'm not made me everything I am ~Kanye
tafui
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 04:58 PM

Thanks for your reply Majesty. I can totally understand your words. Good luck with those objectives. :lol:

:tu:

MAJESTY
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 12.18.2008 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by caramelkisses
Are you inspired by anyone? If so, who?

Everyday hard-working, devoted, loving, strong black families are who inspires me. It's what I strive for with my own family. There is nothing like being out and about and seeing a black family doing their thang...ESPECIALLY if they are a young family who decided to stick in out and stay together through it all.

Do you think the current state of the economy is as bad as the media portrays?

The economy is bad, but the reason why it's so publicized is because it is so wide-spread. Black folks have been dealing with hard times for a while. Now all of since ANYBODY can fall on hard times, it's all of the sudden a crisis.

What makes a "good" father?

A father who puts family first. I know that's a cliche, but it can be easy to be selfish...and in my case, lazy. There are times when I get lazy and not want to do NOTHING. But I realize if not me then WHO? Somebody has to tow the line, Somebody has to step up. Somebody has to lead. So my idea of a good father is one who doesn't wait around for instructions, doesn't wait around to follow somebody else's lead. They suck it up, and handle their business REGARDLESS.

Do you want more children?

Before, I only wanted two. Now since finding out raising a child isn't as hard as I thought, I am up for having as many as the misses can "handle"...then maybe adopt a child or two.

How do you feel about HBCUs?

I graduated from an HBCU and that was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Yeah, HBCU's can be a little more "difficult" than your average college. Sure, HBCU's don't have the same resources, the same advantages...yada yada, but I tell you one thing, going through an HBCU aint as easy, but that's a good thing. The experience reminds me of the Karate Kid when Mr. Miagi had Daniel-son doing stupid stuff he thought had nothing to do with Karate. One day, Daniel got mad and was about to quit, then Mr. Miagi had Daniel repeat what he had learned, but applied the Karate twist. The stuff I learned in order to matriculate at and HBCU I still use today in the real world. From keeping ALL important documents, just in case your stuff gets lost, to having all your paperwork in order BEFORE you decide to apply for something in order to avoid a long and drawn-out process, to just feeling closer to "my people"...I wouldn't trade my experience for the world.

Are Southern rappers taking over the rap game?

Yes...but it depends on what you consider to be the rap game. if you consider the rap game as what you hear on the radio all day, then yeah, southern rappers own the rap game...because rap is what's hot, more importantly, it's what sells. Now if you ask me are southern rappers taking over HIP-HOP, then you might get a different answer altogether.

Who's the hottest female actress?

Kelita Smith (Wanda from the Bernie Mac show). Homegirl has that big, sexy smile, beautiful skin complexion...and curves for DAYS!

How do you feel about IR relationships?

I think it's natural side-effect of when races come closer and closer together. We work together, live together, send our kids to the same schools, etcetera, etcetera. One would be crazy to think some intermingling wouldn't happen. But I don't think it's an epidemic as some folks would want you to believe. IR relationships are in the MINORITY. Black folks will continue to seek out each other and black love as a whole will flourish. All these images of our black stars "crossing over" is NOT a snapshot of what's going in with black folks in general. So in short, I don't lose any sleep over them...especially when I am laying next a dark-skinned sistah I can call my own.

Should the gov't legalize marijuana?

Why not? I don't toke, but smokers don't bother me (even though women who smoke would be a SERIOUS turn off if I was on the prowl)...and don't really bother anybody else for that matter, so I really don't see anything catastrophic happening if the gov't legalized. But for now, illegal is illegal, so if you are a smoker, and the fuzz decide to bust you, you don't really have nobody to blame but yourself.

Is "Blanket" *really* Michael Jackson's biological son? :ummm:

Hell Naw

Keep it movin'
caramelkisses
Platinum Member

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 12.19.2008 at 10:04 AM

Thanks, Maj! :)

Everything I'm not made me everything I am ~Kanye
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 12.19.2008 at 11:11 AM

Strongblackman impression " Majesty you are known as a man under the thumb and a would be peacemaker, what do have to say about that?"

On a serious note you were there trying sto make peace the days when they threatened not to pay the server bills and shut down Cocoa Lounge. Why did you think it got that way? ( He did it on this section to passafirst)

Why do you comeback To CL?

It is amazing I have not talked much with you even though I see your name on the board.

Is Bin Laden Dead or alive?

Is the Baking Collapses Planned?

What Do you think of concentration camps on American Soil?

Are you tempteted to home educate your children?

How are you going to stop your kids hanging around with the wrong crowd?

What books are you reading at the moment?

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
MAJESTY
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 12.19.2008 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by speakout
Strongblackman impression " Majesty you are known as a man under the thumb and a would be peacemaker, what do have to say about that?"

Peacemaker? I would lean more on the side of a problem-solver. Problems aren't usually solved when folks are just trying to make noise or stir up trouble or agitate...which IMO, was happening around those times. Most of the folks round these parts have great ideas...but listening is where we falter a little. Folks are so busy trying to be right, that the actual conversation gets lost in translation. So my attempt was to get folks to cut out all that other stuff so maybe some serious dialect can happen. So I guess in an indirect way, there has to be some sort of resolve (peace) in order to things to happen.

On a serious note you were there trying to make peace the days when they threatened not to pay the server bills and shut down Cocoa Lounge. Why did you think it got that way? ( He did it on this section to passafirst)

I think folks like the drama of this site...and honestly, I never understood how people get so heated OVER THE INTERNET. After all, IT'S JUST THE INTERNET. It amazed me, how folks really get super-serious with some people they never met!? But I also think people enjoy the wealth of information this site has to offer. And the good aspects of this site well outweight the bad, so it would be a shame for the site to shut down because folks crave and support drama. Now, I have no problem with a debate, but when folks are purposely stirring up isht, or resort to name-calling, that's when things get out of hand.

Why do you comeback To CL?

The information. This site just about covers every aspect of the African-American experience. If I hear or read about something out in the world, I can come here and somebody has posted something about it - and more importantly, understand how it affects "us".

It is amazing I have not talked much with you even though I see your name on the board.

As far as a message board personalities are concerned, I don't think I am as popular or interesting as some of the other folks around here. I used to be more talkative back in the past, but as the board has changed, evolved, progressed, I guess I have as well. I very rarely nowadays get into the back-and-forths. Now, I usually just speak my peace on topics that interest me and bounce. So I can see how folks don't notice me...and that's cool, cause I like to play the background and observe anyway.

Is Bin Laden Dead or alive?

I tend to believe the reports that he is alive, but barely.

Is the Baking Collapses Planned?

Nope, I just think capitalism caught up with the big-shots and heavy-hitters in our society. They could no longer hide their greed and dishonesty, so now the isht is hitting the fan for them like it has been hitting us for years...and Personally, I don't think we should give them a dime. I think America needs to hit the "reset" button on the way we do business. Will that further hurt the average Amercian? Yes, but it will put us more or less on a equal playing field.

What Do you think of concentration camps on American Soil?

I am not suprised. I think Americans need to come off our high-horses and stop fronting like we are the best in the world. We have done some serious stuff, and we need to respect how other countries and nations handle their business. Because our hands are just as bloody.

Are you tempteted to home educate your children?

No. I want my kids to experience the same things I did as a kid. I went to public school most of my life, and I think in some shape, form, or fashion, it has made me who I am today. I am pretty proud of how my life has turned out so far. So I have reason to believe how I was educated played a part in that. So I will have no problem sending my kids to public school. But I understand that the school system aint the same now as it was then, so my wife and I will most definately make sure we add our .02 cents to what they learn in today's school system.

How are you going to stop your kids hanging around with the wrong crowd?

I don't think I can. The only thing I can do is instill solid values and principles into them and hopefully, they adopt those attributes and apply them in their lives. As a result, they would choose to hang around the right crowd.

What books are you reading at the moment?

Right now, mainly business start-up books. I know I am late but I just finished reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and "The millionaire Next Door". I know I need to expand my reading list, but right now, I am only interested in reading books that I can apply to my everyday life.

Keep it movin'
T.H.
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 12.19.2008 at 01:07 PM

What's your take on the Cowboys game?

125 Billion Stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.
MAJESTY
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 12.19.2008 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by T.H.

The Ravens need to score...and score early in order to beat the Cowboys. The Cowboys just roasted the Giants and they have some of their "swagger" back. So the Ravens are gonna have to match the Cowboys energy on offense in order to stand a chance.

Keep it movin'
T.H.
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 12.19.2008 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MAJESTY
Quote:
Originally posted by T.H.

The Ravens need to score...and score early in order to beat the Cowboys. The Cowboys just roasted the Giants and they have some of their "swagger" back. So the Ravens are gonna have to match the Cowboys energy on offense in order to stand a chance.

I think it all depends on whether Flacco is ready for the big time yet. He's done a great job for a rookie so far and I think the future is very bright for the purple and black. Make no mistake though; this is a playoff game for us and Dallas. They are going to turn up the heat. I just hope Cam can come up with something and Joe can pull it off.

125 Billion Stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Go To Top