Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  ..  10  11  12
Author: Subject: No Wit & little Wisdom of the Crack Baby, Lil Wayne (last post)
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 5.10.2016 at 07:58 PM
Beyonce's husband, Jay-Z

born: December 4, 1969

I'm a mirror. If you're cool with me, I'm cool with you, and the exchange starts. What you see is what you reflect. If you don't like what you see, then you've done something. If I'm standoffish, that's because you are.

Hip-hop has done so much for racial relations, and I don't think it's given the proper credit. It has changed America immensely. I'm going to make a very bold statement: Hip-hop has done more than any leader, politician, or anyone to improve race relations. Which just goes to prove Jay-Z is a blooming idiot! :smh:

It was a weird mix of emotions. One day, your best friend could be killed. The day before, you could be celebrating him getting a brand-new bike.

Successful people have a bigger fear of failure than people who've never done anything because if you haven't been successful, then you don't know how it feels to lose it all. Wow! This man really is a BLOOMING IDIOT! Dayum!

The burden of poverty isn't just that you don't always have the things you need, it's the feeling of being embarrassed every day of your life, and you'd do anything to lift that burden. (File this under: Only in America is it a SIN to be poor. **sigh**)

That's why this generation is the least racist generation ever. You see it all the time. Go to any club. People are intermingling, hanging out, having fun, enjoying the same music. Hip-hop is not just in the Bronx anymore. It's worldwide. Everywhere you go, people are listening to hip-hop and partying together. Hip-hop has done that.
Ok, now that we have established Jay-Z is the world's biggest fool..... :smh: Oh, and money does NOT make you "smart." Some, but in ole Saggitarius boy's case, he's just plain lucky. ) :yes:

I think relationships are broken up because of the media.

It was a very intense and stressful situation. There was playing in the Johnny-pump (an opened fire hydrant) and the ice-cream man coming around and all of these games that we'd play, and suddenly it would turn just violent and there would be shootings at 12 in the afternoon on any given day.

My thing is related to who I am as a person. The clothes are an extension of me. The music is an extension of me. All my businesses are part of the culture, so I have to stay true to whatever I'm feeling at the time, whatever direction I'm heading in. And hopefully, everyone follows.

I can think of no one more relevant and credible in the hip-hop community to build upon Def Jam's fantastic legacy and move the company into its next groundbreaking era.

I'm hungry for knowledge. The whole thing is to learn every day, to get brighter and brighter. That's what this world is about. You look at someone like Gandhi, and he glowed. Martin Luther King glowed. Muhammad Ali glows. I think that's from being bright all the time, and trying to be brighter. (Prolly the FIRST "smart" thing he's said!)

I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that.

You make your first album, you make some money, and you feel like you still have to show face, like 'I still go to the projects.' I'm like, why? Your job is to inspire people from your neighborhood to get out. You grew up there. What makes you think it's so cool?

As kids we didn't complain about being poor; we talked about how rich we were going to be and made moves to get the lifestyle we aspired to by any means we could. And as soon as we had a little money, we were eager to show it.

One of the reasons inequality gets so deep in this country is that everyone wants to be rich. That's the American ideal. Poor people don't like talking about poverty because even though they might live in the projects surrounded by other poor people and have, like, ten dollars in the bank, they don't like to think of themselves as poor.

(Tole ya - it's a SIN to be poor in America)

I'm far from being god, but I work god damn hard.
:uglyazzwoman:

I collect art, and I drink wine... things that I like that I had never been exposed to. But I never said, 'I'm going to buy art to impress this crowd.' That's just ridiculous to me. I don't live my life like that, because how could you be happy with yourself?
(Why not? You're about the most SHALLOW person I've quoted in a looooong time!) :yikes:

I would run into the corner store, the bodega, and just grab a paper bag or buy juice - anything just to get a paper bag. And I'd write the words on the paper bag and stuff these ideas in my pocket until I got back. Then I would transfer them into the notebook.

Hip-hop is more about attaining wealth. People respect success. They respect big. They don't even have to like your music. If you're big enough, people are drawn to you.

(It AIN'T about the music - it's about the moola. So says Jay-Z)
Jay-Z

When you're growing up, your dad is your superhero. Once you've let yourself fall that in love with someone, once you put him on such a high pedestal and he lets you down, you never want to experience that pain again.

Racism is taught in the home. We agree on that? Well, it's very hard to teach racism to a teenager who's listening to rap music and who idolizes, say, Snoop Dogg. It's hard to say, 'That guy is less than you.' The kid is like, 'I like that guy, he's cool. How is he less than me?

I was forced to be an artist and a CEO from the beginning, so I was forced to be like a businessman because when I was trying to get a record deal, it was so hard to get a record deal on my own that it was either give up or create my own company.

My brands are an extension of me. They're close to me. It's not like running GM, where there's no emotional attachment.

I grew up in Marcy Projects in Brooklyn, and my mom and pop had an extensive record collection, so Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder and all of those sounds and souls of Motown filled the house.

When the TV version of Annie came on, I was drawn to it. It was the struggle of this poor kid in this environment and how her life changed. It immediately resonated.

Rap for me is like making movies, telling stories, and getting the emotions of the songs through in just as deep a way. And I grew up in rap and movies the same way.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 5.22.2016 at 10:59 PM
Nas

Born: September 14, 1973

I just enjoy life now. I just enjoy every morning I get to wake up.

Unfortunately, man, a lot of places in America have to deal with unnecessary violence. Somebody like me who knows it firsthand and could relate... I had a best friend killed, plenty other friends killed. I been through it. I seen it.

With age comes common sense and wisdom.

Your look reflects what's happening in your mind. You gotta have some swag to you.

I think hip-hop could help rebuild America, once hip-hoppers own hip-hop... We are our own politicians, our own government, we have something to say. We're warriors. (Many would beg to differ... :coffee: )

Every generation witnesses atrocities. People in power try to fulfill prophecy.

No one's promised anything. You could have the biggest record on radio and sell no records.

I want to have fun. It's a beautiful life. You learn, you win, you lose, but you get up.

Once you make it to your point of making it, you'll appreciate the struggle.

The things that I have said when I was young and curious about whatever the subject matter was, I respect those - those are growing pains. Even if you make mistakes, I go back to those things, my not-so-great moments because those are my truest moments; those are my human moments. I'm not even mad at the things I said that were a little dicey. (True wisdom - try hard to have no regrets)

When you have a daughter, you want to protect her from the things that I've seen out there, you know, the things that's out there that ain't good for her. It's a crazy world we live in.

Working with great people makes you great; you learn a lot and it also gives you the experience and confidence to move on with your own career.

I don't want any title. I just say what I say, and hopefully somebody gets it, man. I'm not perfect, and I'm just here and trying to make a dollar, and being real at the same time, you know? hear, hear! :tu:

Some people say I'm conscious, some say I'm a gangsta rapper - it's just me doing me. I'm stomping in my own lane. I'm doing what I do.

You can't please everybody. You'd be crazy if you're trying to. So take some time out to do some things for yourself.

I think if I heard someone else talking about their life, describing all the problems I've had, they'd look like they were through. Done. But there's something about me - I'm smiling. Those things are really not bad enough to put me in a slump. I'm smiling with the opportunity to wake up every morning.

I don't go out unless I'm working. My quality time is when I'm doing nothing.

I wish the music business was a much easier thing, but you know what? Nothing easy is worth anything. So it is what it is. There comes a time when things can work out and everybody can be happy. And that's what it's all about in the end - everybody being happy and working it out. (He's either extremely lucky, or Nas was born with the 'happy' gene!)

The flaws, the mistakes I make - that's the real me.

Calling Michelle 'Obama Barack's baby mama?' Tell me, is that acceptable? But the Obamas aren't the only targets. Fox's pattern of race-baiting and fear-mongering regularly focuses on black leaders, black institutions and ordinary black people.

'Life Is Good' represents the most beautiful, dramatic and heavy moments in my life.

I'm not talking about Russia in my music. I've never been to Russia. I'm not talking about Africa, Switzerland, China. I'm talking about me being American and growing up in a crazy world and helping to reflect all different sides of life.

Hip-hop is the streets. Hip-hop is a couple of elements that it comes from back in the days... that feel of music with urgency that speaks to you. It speaks to your livelihood and it's not compromised. It's blunt. It's raw, straight off the street - from the beat to the voice to the words. :uglyazzwoman:

When you're a teenager, you want to meet a lot of girls - you want to get the most girls. You don't know anything about respect; you don't know anything about being faithful and loyal to your girlfriend. (When I was a child I spake as a child.... and when I became a man, I put away childish things. Ole boy is afta my heart! :ty:

All fatherhood is very important because single mothers shouldn't have to raise sons or daughters; they need that help.

DJs play a big responsibility of what hip-hop is doing... At the end of the day, it's up to us to control and to own hip-hop. DJs need to challenge us rappers. They got so much power, they need to challenge us.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 6.28.2016 at 01:29 AM
Richard Wayne Penniman, aka 'Little Richard'

Born: December 5, 1932

Elvis Presley may be the King of Rock and Roll, but I am the Queen.

People called rock & roll 'African music.' They called it 'voodoo music.' They said that it would drive the kids insane. They said that it was just a flash in the pan - the same thing that they always used to say about hip-hop.

I'd like to give my love to everybody, and let them know that the grass may look greener on the other side, but believe me, it's just as hard to cut.

But men are so full of greed today, they'll sell anything for a little piece of money.

A lot of people call me the architect of rock & roll. I don't call myself that, but I believe it's true. [/color=yellow](And just as many people, if not more, call Sister Rosetta Thorpe the Godmother of Rock & Roll ;) [/color]

Black people lived right by the railroad tracks, and the train would shake their houses at night. I would hear it as a boy, and I thought: I'm gonna make a song that sounds like that.

(Brilliant! Talk about taking a lemon and making lemonade out of it!) :bd:

I try to be a guide for people, to make their darkness bright and to make the pathway light, and never to condemn or control or criticize.

I think people who don't believe in God are crazy. How can you say there is no God when you hear the birds singing these beautiful songs you didn't make? :wow: :bd:

I don't give the devil credit for creating nothing.

I would wear flamboyant clothes and long hair, and most singers at the time didn't.

But when I went on the stage to do a show, I would put on makeup because I felt that it enhanced my act; it drew attention to what I was doing.

When you sit down and think about what rock 'n' roll music really is, then you have to change that question. Played up-tempo, you call it rock 'n' roll; at a regular tempo, you call it rhythm and blues.

Now they have banging guitar and no bass and call it rock, but that's not what I call rock.

But I'm a rock 'n' roll singer; that's my livelihood, my occupation. (Nobody, but NOBODY, thinks of Little Richard as "rock & roll" singer. :smh: )

Greed has taken the whole universe, and nobody is worried about their soul.

I'm very much a gentleman in what I do.

I tried to look presentable for a show, but not for sexual attraction. It was strictly for show business.

I never accepted the idea that I had to be guided by some pattern or blueprint.

It was a way out of poverty. It was a way to success. It was a way to education. And it was a way to a brighter day for me.

It's hard to have a friend when your name's a household word.

I think they saw me as something like a deliverer, a way out. My means of expression, my music, was a way in which a lot of people wished they could express themselves and couldn't. (A way out of what??? :dunno:

I've never gotten money from most of those records. And I made those records: In the studio, they'd just give me a bunch of words, I'd make up a song! The rhythm and everything. 'Good Golly Miss Molly'! And I didn't get a dime for it. Sadly, him and a whole lot of the originators :smh:

Rock 'n' roll offered me a platform to speak what I felt. It also offered me a platform to support my mama and my brothers and sisters - twelve children. You know, I got a prob with him constantly talking about he's "rock & roll." :bs: :roll:

If I had my life to live over, I would want to be a man.

I let people know that it was all right to do the kinds of things I did.

Like, my mother would have company over, and I would sing so they'd pay attention to me.

My mother died, and I couldn't stand to look at her bedroom any more. I'd get sick. I've always been a momma's boy.

No, I've never truly been a minister.

And I don't get down on nobody else for doing whatever else they do. To each his own.

But I was singing loud, and most singers weren't singing loud.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 8.9.2016 at 02:26 PM
Haile Selassie

Born: July 23, 1893
Died: 1975

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.”

“The temple of the most high begins with the body which houses our life, the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other.”

“History teaches us that unity is strength, and cautions us to submerge and overcome our differences in the quest for common goals, to strive, with all our combined strength, for the path to true African brotherhood and unity.”

“Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilize her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life. The key for the betterment and completeness of modern living is education. But, ‘ Man cannot live by bread alone ‘. Man, after all, is also composed of intellect and soul. Therefore, education in general, and higher education in particular, must aim to provide, beyond the physical, food for the intellect and soul. That education which ignores man’s intrinsic nature, and neglects his intellect and reasoning power can not be considered true education.”

“Leadership does not mean domination.”

“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned – well, everywhere there’s war. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race – it’s a war. And until there’s no longer first-class or second-class citizens of any nation… Until the color of a man’s skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes – it’s a war. Until that day the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, and a rule of international morality will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained.”

“We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.”

“”An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as Africans.””

“A house built on granite and strong foundations, not even the onslaught of pouring rain, gushing torrents and strong winds will be able to pull down.”

“Imagination, devotion, perseverance, together with divine grace, will assure your success.”

If a strong government finds that it can, with impunity, destroy a weak people, then the hour has struck for that weak people to appeal to the League of Nations to give its judgment in all freedom. God and history will remember your judgment.

Do not worship me, I am not God. I'm only a man. I worship Jesus Christ.

I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity.

Above all, we must avoid the pitfalls of tribalism. If we are divided among ourselves on tribal lines, we open our doors to foreign intervention and its potentially harmful consequences.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 8.26.2016 at 07:22 AM
Jennifer Lopez

Born: July 24, 1970

I don't regret what I've been through. I've had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I've been so blessed that I could never say, 'I wish this didn't happen.' It's part of who I am. There's nothing in my life that's so ugh.

I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated. I bring a lot to the table. I'm not talking about material things but what I have to offer as a person - love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship.

I'm a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love.

I've always been very girly.

I just think that the whole diva thing is a misrepresentation of who I am.

You've gotta do things that make you happy. As women, we tend to give away a lot. We take care of a lot of people, and we can't forget to take care of ourselves.

It's a shame to call somebody a 'diva' simply because they work harder than everybody else.

I have the stardom glow.

Being an artist doesn't start because you're 21, and it doesn't end because you're 51. You are who you are until the day you die.

I am positive - determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person.

I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it's smart to listen to other people's advice, but at the end of the day, you're the only one who can tell you what's right for you.

I could serve coffee using my rear as a ledge.

When I am wrong, I will learn the lesson and move on to face other challenges. For me, that's what creating your own life is. Doing your best work while being your best self.

I always joke about letting the haters motivate you. Everybody has that in their life, people who doubt them or make them feel less than they are. It just takes faith and belief in yourself, and you've got to dig deep into that. That has to come from you - nobody's going to give you that.

If you kiss on the first date and it's not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it's better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else.

You mirror what the world mirrors to you.

I seriously feel like the best days are ahead, and I like the idea of getting to do everything I did before but with more knowledge, experience, and street smarts. There's a certain love, appreciation, and gratitude that you have at 40 that you don't have when you're younger, and it makes every accomplishment feel so much better.

Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.

Beauty is only skin deep. I think what's really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit.

Women should never go without earrings.

I grew up in the Bronx where you would stay up late with your girlfriends, just being silly in our bedrooms, whatever. And I was always the clown.

You know, maybe I was just born in the wrong time, but I love all things romantic. Puffy understands that. For my last birthday, he covered my hotel room floor with rose petals and had flowers and candles all over the room. I know - how old is this!? :lol:

You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.

People assume I'm out there having this great life, but money doesn't erase the pain. When you're young you barrel through life, making choices without thinking of repercussions. A few years down the line, you wake up in a certain place and wonder how the hell you got there.

Oh my God, my girlfriends are everything to me. They celebrate with you, they cry with you, they hold you when you need to be held. They laugh with you. They're mean with you! They're always there, and it's just a priceless thing to have.

If you don't love yourself, you can't love anybody else. And I think as women we really forget that.

I've always had a huge fear of dying or becoming ill. The thing I'm most afraid of, though, is being alone, which I think a lot of performers fear. It's why we seek the limelight - so we're not alone, were adored. We're loved, so people want to be around us. The fear of being alone drives my life.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.7.2016 at 06:30 PM
Tyga (Kylie Kardashian's blue boo)

Born: 11/19/1989

Girls always want a reason to get crazy. I get the feeling that girls are crazy anyway, so they just want a reason to really get wild. Why not let it be to a Tyga song?

Feeling I'm definitely inspired by Michael Jackson. I watch all his videos all the time. And Busta Rhymes, early Busta Rhymes - I really was inspired by him. He's really the reason why I started rapping. Because all his visuals. I loved his videos when I was younger.

At the end of the day, people have the right to have opinions. I have the right to have an opinion. And I have the right to say what I want on my music 'cause it's my music. If you don't like it, don't click on it, don't download it.

Tattoos, for me, are like a timeline of my life. I could look at a certain tattoo, and it reminds of me of a certain time in my life and why I got that tattoo.

I have a lot of tattoos. I probably have over 100 tattoos. I don't know. It's just a mural... a collage.

Girls grab me all the time. To me, that's regular, so it's not really crazy.

I make negative music, but I also make positive music because that's what thrown at me with life.

There's not a lot of pretty, young female artists that's out. It's a lot of talent out there, but they don't know how to go about it. I feel like there should be way more sexier women in hip-hop and R&B then it is - more originality. This bubble-lipped ugmo got a lot of nerve! Scheesh!

Sour Patch, Swedish Fish. I love candy, man. I can't go without candy. And when I'm recording, I always have a TV on with cartoons - on mute, though. When I'm recording, I like to look at the TV now and then and see some crazy, wacky stuff. When you're thinking creative, it just keeps you creative. Everybody got their way of making music.

When I go home and get off tour, I'd like to have a peace of mind. I like to chill. I don't like everything to be all chaotic like how it is when I step outside, you know?

A lot of people don't know I'm from the West Coast. My swag is different. Me being from Young Money, affiliated with them, some people think I'm from down South. They think maybe I'm from New Orleans like them. It's just good to show people and build outside of Young Money, build my brand outside of that.

I want to make people feel certain ways when they listen to my music. Whether it's partying or going through relationship problems or grinding or getting dressed and feeling fly. I want to be who I am and have emotion in my music that affects people.

A lot of my fans know that I love candy. I eat candy all day.

I'm a creative person, and I've got a lot of ideas. People probably thought that my mentality was quick fame because I made 'Rack City' and it blew up fast, but I have over 1,000 songs recorded. :wow:

I've always treated my career like independent. Everything that I got is because of myself, my own endorsements, my own touring myself.

I'm making music that I love and I want to hear. At the same time, things like making money, making crazy money - you gotta find ways to reach to everybody but uplift everybody.

I never grew up in the Valley. I lived in Compton/Gardena my whole life.

I don't follow trends. I'm a trendsetter. I represent all the younger generations; fly kids, creative kids - they look up to me. I got a program that's called ROAR. I go to all high schools everywhere we go, and I talk to all the kids, and I give away 30-35 tickets and passes to the kids doing good in school. Stuff like that means a lot to me. (He gives away tickets he gets for free. Yea, I suppose such cheapy-deapy means a lot to the broke busta whose cars are always being repossessed). :whistle:

I dropped out of high school when I was, like, 15, so I just focused on doing music. It's all I wanted to do; I didn't want to work or anything else. I took all the negativity and obstacles that came with life, and I just put it in the music.

I feel like too many people on the West Coast, they're too needy. They feel they need Snoop or Game. I never did any tracks with any West Coast artists. Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't feel like that's what I had to do in order to get on. I just did music.

I never wanted to be that fad type of artist. When I looked up to artists, watching TV, I wanted to see somebody. I wanted to touch that person. I wanted to sound like them. I wanted to move like them. That' s what I want my fans to do. So that's why, everything that I do, the music I make, how I dress, it's all based off my lifestyle.

You go to Miami, and you might only hear one Tyga song on the radio. You go to L.A., and you might hear six or seven on the radio. There's certain things you do for your city.

I can make any type of music, so I wouldn't want to describe myself as having one type of sound. I think music is about keeping it diverse.

Music changes every three months. There's always new artists coming out. There's always new sounds. There is always a new hit coming out. You gotta stay relevant as much as you can and feed your fans as much as you can.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 11.22.2016 at 08:11 PM
Amber Rose

Born: 10/21/83

I'm not a DJ, I don't know how to scratch and I don't know how to mix, but I do know how to party. One of my jobs is actually to travel the world and party.

You know when people say, 'How do you go from Kanye to Wiz Khalifa - that's a downgrade.' But the only question I can ask them is: 'Have you ever dated Kanye? Because I have, and believe me, I did not downgrade at all. Not in any aspect, at all.'

I've always felt that when you use too many products or try too many new things, you're just piling a lot of unnatural, unnecessary stress on your face. I try to keep it simple.

Me being a compassionate person, I would never hold any grudges against my ex.

I always looked up to Slash from Guns N' Roses, and I always pictured myself being a rock star and playing the guitar, just going crazy.

I'm pretty blessed when it comes to clear skin. I owe that to being Cape Verdian. My whole family has great skin. My grandfather is 80 but doesn't look a day over 50. And we all love the sun, too, so blessed is an understatement!

When I was super young, I had an Atari and used to play 'Space Invaders.' Then I fell in love with 'Mario Bros.,' 'Sonic the Hedgehog' and 'Yoshi' on Super Nintendo. I was quite a bit of a gamer as a kid when I think about it.

I believe that you can love anyone. I've had relationships with women, I've had relationships with men. I don't think you should be judged based on who you find attractive. Especially guys - gay men, they really have it hard sometimes. (ex-stripper, ok?)

I love to eat and I don't believe in denying myself, so I have to work out. I'm not obsessed with it, I don't have a trainer or do any of the fancy classes, but I usually put on my iPod and run on the treadmill for an hour a few days a week.

When I eat cilantro, it's like someone sprayed perfume down my throat. It closes up my throat, even if there's only a little piece. I like Mexican food, and I'll go out to a Mexican restaurant and tell them, 'Look, I will die if you get cilantro in my food.' Then there's always that one little piece that falls in, and I gag.

Like every poor person, I used to dream about winning the lottery. I didn't just get money, though. I got fame. And I got fame before I got money, and it was scary.

I see a lot of young kids hit me on Twitter all the time, like, 'I want to be famous! Listen to my mixtape! I wish I could be like you!' But a lot comes with it. It's not easy.

I'd much rather be the girl who worked out more so she could eat more; I could never not eat.

I'm not a DJ - I don't know how to scratch or mix records, but I know how to party, and I know music. I grew up in Philly; it's a very musical city. My house was full of music.

I'm a Libra. If someone compliments me, I'll say something nice to them. I like to give out compliments.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.25.2017 at 03:25 AM
Lil Wayne

Born: Sept. 27, 1982

I'm blessed and I thank God for every day for everything that happens for me.
I'm a gangster, and gangsters don't ask questions.

I always believe that to be the best, you have to smell like the best, dress like the best, act like the best.

When you throw your trash in the garbage can, it has to be better than anybody else who ever threw trash in the garbage can.

I am very humble, and I am very gracious and very grateful for everything that happens to me and about me and around me. (And yet it took almost a RIOT to get the crack baby to drop that disgusting line about "beat dat ass like Emmit Till :puke: )

The more time you spend contemplating what you should have done... you lose valuable time planning what you can and will do.

I like people that enjoy life, 'cause I do the same.

Life Life is a lot like skateboarding. (Crack baby :sarcastic: )

Don't make an opinion on me if you don't know nothin' about me. You know a man by his fruits, 'beat that ass like Emmit Till crackbaby trick!)

You supposed to be able to do anything in this world. That's what Martin Luther King told me. (MLK died in 1968, 14 years before the crack baby was born :coffee: )

I just always expect the best because I'm a competitor and if I'm competing, then obviously I'm trying to be better in everything.

Don't judge me. You wanna judge me, put on a black gown and get a gavel. Get in line with the rest of them that's about to judge me. I got court dates every other month. It's me against the world - that's how I feel. (you brought it all on yourself)

Black Hate is only a form love that hasn't found a way to express itself logically. (Don't know 'bout "logical" but love don't exist inside 'hate'.... :no: )[/color]

I don't want to be understood because if people understand me, they get tired of me.

As long as people remember me forever, that will be enough for me.

I don't think life is about a pace, living slow or fast. I think you just live, y'know what I mean? (one of the few sensible, non-megalomaniacal, and delusionally so!, things this fool has said)

I believe music should reflect yourself in some way and not just yourself at the given time. I feel that when you die or when you're going, someone's supposed to listen to that music and know everything about you. And I just try to get that across.

A lot of women don't know how to love because there's deep reasons for them not knowing how to love. And what I mean by deep reasons is deep and dark reasons. (Maybe they aren't so crazie 'bout you 'beating dat azz like Emmit Till?')

I want to make sure my family's straight.

I've been criticized for the things I chose and things I've chosen to do.

I just feel out of this world sometimes.

Honestly, I don't listen to nobody else's music but my own. It's kind of like sports to me. You don't see Kobe Bryant at a LeBron James game - he just works on his own game. And that's what I do. I only listen to me, so I can criticize and analyze and all those things.

I say have value and I would love for you to value them, however you get it.

I'm so greedy, I'm hungry, I'm young.

I'm not an example for how people should live their lives. Never in my life would I ever set out to be an example for people on how to live their lives. If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn't have been born. Straight up.

Miami has embraced me and I love them for that.

I don't like to stop. I believe you stop when you die.

Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 1.25.2017 at 03:31 AM
It speaks for itself:

Lil Wayne Apologizes for 'Inappropriate' Emmett Till Lyric
Rapper was criticized in February for controversial reference

Lil Wayne has apologized for the "inappropriate" Emmett Till lyric in his guest verse on Future's "Karate Chop" remix. "As a father myself, I cannot imagine the pain that your family has had to endure," Lil Wayne, born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. wrote in an open letter to the Till family, as reported by MissInfo.tv. The rapper also said he agreed with record label Epic's decision to pull the reference from the song, and promised not to perform the lyrics. "I have tremendous respect for those who paved the way for the liberty and opportunities that African-Americans currently enjoy," Lil Wayne wrote.

The rapper came under fire in February over the lyrics, "Beat that [Censored] up like Emmett Till," (worse than I recalled! Maybe I ought to call him a "Trump" baby!) :yuck: a reference to the 14-year-old Chicago boy who was infamously tortured and lynched for allegedly whistling at a white woman while visiting Mississippi in 1955. Till's family expressed their unhappiness, and Epic called the song's leak an "unauthorized remix version" and removed the lyrics. Epic chief L.A. Reid also reached out to the Till family and personally apologized.

Full text of Lil Wayne's letter follows below.

Dear Till Family:

As a recording artist, I have always been interested in word play. My lyrics often reference people, places and events in my music, as well as the music that I create for or alongside other artists.

It has come to my attention that lyrics from my contribution to a fellow artist’s song has deeply offended your family. As a father myself, I cannot imagine the pain that your family has had to endure. I would like to take a moment to acknowledge your hurt, as well as the letter you sent to me via your attorneys.

Moving forward, I will not use or reference Emmett Till or the Till family in my music, especially in an inappropriate manner. I fully support Epic Record’s decision to take down the unauthorized version of the song and to not include the reference in the version that went to retail. I will not be performing the lyrics that contain that reference live and have removed them from my catalogue.

I have tremendous respect for those who paved the way for the liberty and opportunities that African-Americans currently enjoy. As a business owner who employs several African-American employees and gives philanthropically to organizations that help youth to pursue their dreams my ultimate intention is to uplift rather than degrade our community.

Best,

Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.
Lil Wayne

Pages:  1  ..  10  11  12

Go To Top