0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: DIFFICULT DECISION
Jade1lady

Mood: PRAYERFUL FOR OBAMA

ask.gif posted on 11.12.2008 at 01:43 PM
DIFFICULT DECISION

My ex- and I are estranged. However, I take care of our daughter and have full custody. He has been delinquent in participating in her life from the very beginning. He recently asked me to bring her down south to Louisiana where he is currently residing. He has a right to see her, there is no doubt. But, I have no interest in making the long arduous trip via car in December right before the holidays. He decided he needed to be in Louisiana, not me. He was working down there until he got laid off. He has not convinced me I need to make the financial sacrifice. I have other things to spend my holiday money on. This is our daughter's first set of holidays and she will be a year old in December. I think it is his responsibility to shoulder up what he can and make the move, not me. His mother thinks I should ride down there with her, but that means splitting the expense which I still do not want to do. He claims that hw has also been working on dealing with his own personal issues that kept us from being a family in the first place. I have yet to see it. I want him to be a part of her life, but the timinmg right now is not the best. This is what happens when a father leaves the life of his child prematurely. The struggle and sacrifice for me has been great, but I have done so because I lvoe my daughter so much. He has to become a man on his own. His daughter has to become a priority and not by my doing in any way!

"And when I leave, come together like butt cheeks." Grits n' Gravy of the Marcy Projects. Marcy Projects 7x Dice Champion! 7-11

Go To Top