Lifetime Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11.6.2008 at 05:10 PM
[Ask Me Anything] Deep_Thinker, Pt 3

Let's DO this!! ;)
soulitude78

Mood: Thoughtful.

[*] posted on 11.6.2008 at 05:58 PM

What do you think is the greatest issue facing President Obama in reference to the Black Community?

How do you feel about the outcome of Proposition 8?(banning same sex marriage in California)?

How are you and your new man :)
(you don't have to answer)

How effective do you think message boards are in regards to meeting of the minds on issues people disagree?

How many children would you like to have?

Would you marry a muslim man or a christian man and convert to their religion?

Will the world be destroyed by fire or will the mind and spirit of the beings on this earth transform?

You and I have been on the CL for about 3 or 4 years, has your stay here change your mind about certain beliefs you had on certain issues? If so, good or bad, which ones?

This should do ya. :coffee:

"Did you read the Article because that's not what she said and your FONT Color is Whack. "

-Waterboxer
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 11.7.2008 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulitude78
What do you think is the greatest issue facing President Obama in reference to the Black Community?

It will be interesting to see how he approaches issues that primarily concern the Black community because this could determine whether or not he becomes the "Black president" -- he has done a good job thus far of campaigning as the president of all people, but I'm sure that if he were to champion one AA cause it will taint opinions of him -- in short, I'm sure there are still yts who feel like he will show his true, Afrocentric radical side eventually and he just has to be careful about how he moves. But he cant ignore the Black community in order to avoid this scrutiny so I think it will be a delicate balance for him.

Quote:
How do you feel about the outcome of Proposition 8?(banning same sex marriage in California)?

I am honestly quite surprised, since I considered California to be a rather liberal state. It bothers me that people cannot see this issue legally, that most people only approach this from a religious perspective. Also I suspect that the anti-gay marriage movement used some fear tactics in their campaigning.

Quote:
How are you and your new man :)
(you don't have to answer)

:lol: But I don't mind, since its you who asked. We're great. He's attentive and honest, a good listener. We talk about everything. I'm having a lot of fun with him and I'm happy to be with someone who is really into me.

Quote:
How effective do you think message boards are in regards to meeting of the minds on issues people disagree?

Not very effective. Things don't always come across correctly on a message board, such as tone. Comprehension skills are lost, in some cases. The funny thing is there was once a time when having a debate on here was intriguing and now its... well, not. Now its just pointless because there is no respect -- or at least there is very little that seems like respect in people's words.

Quote:
How many children would you like to have?

Five.

Quote:
Would you marry a muslim man or a christian man and convert to their religion?

No. I hope to marry a man who is already a practicing Kemetic-Kushite or who is on his way towards initiation. I would like to raise my children in accordance with the principles of Ma'at.

Quote:
Will the world be destroyed by fire or will the mind and spirit of the beings on this earth transform?

The latter, thats what I truly believe. When they talk about a shift I absolutely believe it means a shift in consciousness.

Quote:
You and I have been on the CL for about 3 or 4 years, has your stay here change your mind about certain beliefs you had on certain issues? If so, good or bad, which ones?

To some degree, yes, and I would think that there is good and bad in all of it. Regardless of what specific beliefs or issues it is good that I am/was willing to stay open-minded and evolve. Specifically I can say that I know I don't feel the same way about feminism or the women's movement as I did when I first started here. I would have to think about the other things that have changed for me, I think many of them have been subtle and thats the only very big difference.

Quote:
This should do ya. :coffee:

Thanks beloved! :kiss:
tafui
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 11.7.2008 at 02:22 PM

What is it that you have been up to in your personal and professional life? What passes your time?

Diamond
Super Moderator

Mood: Flawless Black Beauty

[*] posted on 11.7.2008 at 10:41 PM

Hey D.T...

Do You believe in the concept of "role models"..???

Has any child or adult ever said you were their inspiration...esp if it was least expected of them to say so about you???

Outside of family/friends..who is a role model to you?? Or whom do you 'admire" and why???

What era in Black History would you like to travel back in time to..(and it can't be the Civil Rights ERA) and WHO would you have liked to have met..if you could...

How do you define "Black Community?" what does it truly entail...and encompass...and most importantly ...does it even still exists or has it too become regentrified...or is even saying "Black Community" and antiquated, outdated term that is NOWadays seen as perpetuating & harboring "black racism and exclusiveness, segregated behaviors, patterns, mindsets....???

True story...a GF of mine calls Obie,....the Black Messiah...what's your GUT reaction to this...???

Do you think it would help or hurt Obie to chose a Black cabinet member and if so...what "Black" person or Prominent position would you, if you could, suggest he offer a position to and whom??? Why?(You can be creative with this one..it can be a celeb...a politician...anyone..but not ya family...lol..)

Do you think Obie will have to keep appeasing white masses so they don't feel "jooped"(sp)...lol...

How do you feel about First Lady Michelle possibly finally agreeing and accepting the offered invitation from Black sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha aka...lol...AKA...to become one of their HONORARY AKA's....Do you think that would be seen as a "good thing or a "scrutiny" aka bad thing" for Michelle to officially do this??? OR...not an issue...???

( Ironically IF she officially did...she would be the SECOND AKA to be First Lady in the White House...the first AKA to be first lady in the white house was Eleanor Roosevelt...who accepted this sorority's invite...during that era...(heck Hilliary turned it down but was also offered and AKA invite...Sorority Trivia, thought not my sorority.....)

I know that Sometimes Black women befriending each other "True Blue" can be harder to keep going than trying to keep some rapid pit bulls back from a lil yorkie...UGH......But Do you deep down think Black women truly get along with other Black women as a general whole?? If so why, if not why not???

Easy ones:

Favorite Color?

Favorite Beverage??

Favorite Drink (if you drink alcholic beverages)

Favorite News Station you watch in your town?

Favorite "Urban" Radio station you listen to in your town??

Winners Never Quit...Quitters Never Win...
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 11.8.2008 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by deep_thinker
Let's DO this!! ;)

Do you still hate me? What Is our beef over, I never understood that?

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 11.9.2008 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tafui
What is it that you have been up to in your personal and professional life? What passes your time?

Thats a big question. Professionally I have been kind of standing still. I was taking graduate classes in education so that I could make a transition into teaching but events in my personal life necessitated that I put that on hold (see: Deep moved out). So right now I am trying to find a way to advance in my present career in a way that will still work in my advantage when the time comes for me to switch fields.

Personally, a lot has happened. My family situation changed drastically so I moved into my own apartment, which was the best decision I ever made. I've been living alone and loving it. I cook a lot in my spare time, especially baking, a lot of cakes and brownies, and I've had several dinner parties since moving into my new space. I've learned how to sew so I spend some time seeking new fabrics and patterns and creating new outfits for myself. I still spend a lot of time with my goddaughters and supporting my mother and siblings emotionally (I am like the therapist of my family). I've lost a few friends in the transition of me moving but I'm dating a new guy who is spectacular so it seems like an even trade. And, I've been doing a lot of spiritual work and work for my temple. My priest writes songs so I've been doing some recording with him for a group album that he and I are putting together, and still doing my own songwriting so that eventually I can do my own solo project. Also there are some other temple projects pertaining to writing that I'm involved in and I've been having a good time working on those as well. So, a lot of stuff, I guess :)
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 11.9.2008 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond
Hey D.T...

Hey Diamond!

Quote:
Do You believe in the concept of "role models"..???

Yes, I do believe that most people, whether they like it or not, whether they are aware of it or not, are setting an example for at least one other person that will assist in shaping that person's worldview and/or experiences.

Quote:
Has any child or adult ever said you were their inspiration...esp if it was least expected of them to say so about you???

No, not yet and thank goodness. :lol: I have not yet reached a level where I would feel like that type of compliment was justly earned on my part.

Quote:
Outside of family/friends..who is a role model to you?? Or whom do you 'admire" and why???

There is a woman in my temple who I have referred to as my Ntrt Mut, my sacred mother, who I admire and adore. She possesses so many qualities that I hope to develop and refine as I grow and mature.

Quote:
What era in Black History would you like to travel back in time to..(and it can't be the Civil Rights ERA) and WHO would you have liked to have met..if you could...

I think I would like the opportunity to experience the height of the Moorish civilization. I dont know who from that period I would like to meet but, other than of course visiting Ancient KMT, thats an era I am interested in.

Quote:
How do you define "Black Community?" what does it truly entail...and encompass...and most importantly ...does it even still exists or has it too become regentrified...or is even saying "Black Community" and antiquated, outdated term that is NOWadays seen as perpetuating & harboring "black racism and exclusiveness, segregated behaviors, patterns, mindsets....???

I think the Black community is not a reality but it is a possibility. Personally I think it initially necessitates unity and there is no unity. There are segments of Blacks that are unified, in essence there are Black communities but there is no Black community.

I dont think it is negative for us to want to have our own communities or even our own community. We have a unique experience in this country and on this planet that no other race of people can understand and our needs are different from the needs of all others.

Quote:
True story...a GF of mine calls Obie,....the Black Messiah...what's your GUT reaction to this...???

That is an overexaggeration that is going to leave your friend very disappointed.

Quote:
Do you think it would help or hurt Obie to chose a Black cabinet member and if so...what "Black" person or Prominent position would you, if you could, suggest he offer a position to and whom??? Why?(You can be creative with this one..it can be a celeb...a politician...anyone..but not ya family...lol..)

I suspect that he will choose Colin Powell to serve in his administration and I hope Powell accepts. I hear its going to be Secretary of Education. I think with Powell he will have someone trustworthy, experienced, and wise in his administration and who also helps meet his bipartisan quota.

Quote:
Do you think Obie will have to keep appeasing white masses so they don't feel "jooped"(sp)...lol...

I think he will have to be the president of the people because that is what he said he would do.

Quote:
How do you feel about First Lady Michelle possibly finally agreeing and accepting the offered invitation from Black sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha aka...lol...AKA...to become one of their HONORARY AKA's....Do you think that would be seen as a "good thing or a "scrutiny" aka bad thing" for Michelle to officially do this??? OR...not an issue...???

I think it would be a problem because Michelle actually had to deal with the criticism of being too Black and it would just bring more scrutiny onto her in a negative way. I realize that it is an exceptional honor that has been extended to her but I think her present position (or really, her husband's present position) makes it difficult for her to accept it.

Quote:
( Ironically IF she officially did...she would be the SECOND AKA to be First Lady in the White House...the first AKA to be first lady in the white house was Eleanor Roosevelt...who accepted this sorority's invite...during that era...(heck Hilliary turned it down but was also offered and AKA invite...Sorority Trivia, thought not my sorority.....)

:lol: Thanks D, thats pretty interesting, I had no idea...

Quote:
I know that Sometimes Black women befriending each other "True Blue" can be harder to keep going than trying to keep some rapid pit bulls back from a lil yorkie...UGH......But Do you deep down think Black women truly get along with other Black women as a general whole?? If so why, if not why not???

I think Black women genuinely want to get along with one another but we have been taught to be wary of each other so we approach our relationships expecting for things to go south and always looking for problems. Clearly we've been traumatized and we just need to put some of that behind us.

Quote:
Easy ones:

Favorite Color?

Favorite Beverage??

Favorite Drink (if you drink alcholic beverages)

Favorite News Station you watch in your town?

Favorite "Urban" Radio station you listen to in your town??

Blue, green & purple. At this point my favorite beverage is water. News station -- I dont watch too much news but I watch MSNBC or CNN whenever I feel a need to tune in. And radio station, I prefer CDs but when I do listen to the radio I go to Hot 97, 107.5, and Power 105.1. Also Kiss FM 98.7
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 11.9.2008 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by speakout
Do you still hate me? What Is our beef over, I never understood that?

I dont recall ever hating you, I realize that you can be quite annoying but that is no reason to go around harboring feelings of hate. You have made some crazy statements to me about what I believe based on some research that you've done that doesnt rightly reflect the spiritual choices that I've made. And I've come to feel as though your approach of the matter has been disrespectful at times so I have chosen not to engage you.
speakout
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Restoration

[*] posted on 11.10.2008 at 10:53 AM

Thank you for honesty.

William Casey "We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false"

"Buy truth and do not sell it" proverbs of King Solomon

"We are denying with our mouths what we are working hard to achieve with our hands" Arnold Toynbee , Royal Institute Of International Affairs (CFR England)

My president is a british manchunian canditate assassin

http://designsdelight.com
http://commodityonlinetradingz.com/
tafui
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 11.10.2008 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tafui

Thats a big question. Professionally I have been kind of standing still. I was taking graduate classes in education so that I could make a transition into teaching but events in my personal life necessitated that I put that on hold (see: Deep moved out). So right now I am trying to find a way to advance in my present career in a way that will still work in my advantage when the time comes for me to switch fields.

Personally, a lot has happened. My family situation changed drastically so I moved into my own apartment, which was the best decision I ever made. I've been living alone and loving it. I cook a lot in my spare time, especially baking, a lot of cakes and brownies, and I've had several dinner parties since moving into my new space. I've learned how to sew so I spend some time seeking new fabrics and patterns and creating new outfits for myself. I still spend a lot of time with my goddaughters and supporting my mother and siblings emotionally (I am like the therapist of my family). I've lost a few friends in the transition of me moving but I'm dating a new guy who is spectacular so it seems like an even trade. And, I've been doing a lot of spiritual work and work for my temple. My priest writes songs so I've been doing some recording with him for a group album that he and I are putting together, and still doing my own songwriting so that eventually I can do my own solo project. Also there are some other temple projects pertaining to writing that I'm involved in and I've been having a good time working on those as well. So, a lot of stuff, I guess :)

Well, it looks like you're keeping busy and moving forward...which are both important. I wish you the best. I should start working on my solo album soon too.:whistle:

deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 11.10.2008 at 12:23 PM

Thanks Tafui. Maybe one day we can do a collaborative project. :shake: I know Narci is quite the rap artist as well so we could have a whole CL song. Like seven minutes long. Awesome. :tu:
msclassy
Lifetime Member

Mood: :angel:

[*] posted on 11.10.2008 at 12:44 PM

Who is your favorite music artist?
Who is your favorite author?
Any good books you would recommend?
Did you see Obama's first press conference? If so, what are your thoughts?
What helps you through rough times or storms in your life?

"destined, determined, dreamer''
An unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

[*] posted on 11.10.2008 at 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msclassy
Who is your favorite music artist?

Billie Holiday. There is always so much emotion and life in her voice. It is rumored that because it took so long for her to record that they had to pay the band extra, had to pay the technicians extra, for sitting around and doing dozens of takes for her. But she took her time with her vocals because she felt every single note purely and that is what I am striving to be like in my life, feeling every single moment completely and thoroughly.

Quote:
Who is your favorite author?

I can honestly say I dont have one, I read so much of everything.

Quote:
Any good books you would recommend?

Right now I am loving Paulo Coehlo's books, definitely The Alchemist and The Valkyries. I also enjoyed Life of Pi and I'm reading a book by Walter Mosley called Killing Johnny Fry which I like so far. I read a book called Daughter of the Sun recently which I enjoyed also, that one is about a Native American society. And I really was taken by some stories by a Zimbabwean writer, I believe her name is Yvonne Vera, I've read at least three of her writings. Also this story called Bone by Fae Nguyen... I'm not sure of the rest of her name. And another story which takes place in the Philippians, I forget what its called but I loved it.

Quote:
Did you see Obama's first press conference? If so, what are your thoughts?

I did not see it but I hear he was very tempered and even which is a trait I expect him to maintain throughout his presidency.

Quote:
What helps you through rough times or storms in your life?

Breathing girl, just breathe.
tafui
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 11.10.2008 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks Tafui. Maybe one day we can do a collaborative project. :shake: I know Narci is quite the rap artist as well so we could have a whole CL song. Like seven minutes long. Awesome. :tu:

See...I use to rap and I still write...so that might be a plan.:tu: I sing now, though. :ummm: Yeah...sing. :lol:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top