Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Ask me anything....C'mon wit it
jussme

Mood: curious

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 10:48 AM
Ask me anything....C'mon wit it

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
Thomas E. Lawrence
tafui
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 11:19 AM

I see you're from Southern Cali. I'm from L.A. originally. Where do you reside? How do you like it? Were you raised there? What do you do there (work, student, etc.)?

jussme

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tafui
I see you're from Southern Cali. I'm from L.A. originally. Where do you reside? How do you like it? Were you raised there? What do you do there (work, student, etc.)?

I live in Wildomar(Riverside cnty). It's off of the 15 just north of Temecula. The area is more residential. Everybody commutes to either LA, San Diego or Riverside. It's quiet here. I don't like having to drive an hour to get my lil party on though. I've lived here for 14 yrs. I'm originally from Jackson, Ms. I left there when I enlisted in the Marine corps at 18. I will be in Ms for Thanksgiving....hopefully I can catch a JSU game. I am still currently working for uncle sam.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
Thomas E. Lawrence
tafui
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jussme
Quote:
Originally posted by tafui

I live in Wildomar(Riverside cnty). It's off of the 15 just north of Temecula. The area is more residential. Everybody commutes to either LA, San Diego or Riverside. It's quiet here. I don't like having to drive an hour to get my lil party on though. I've lived here for 14 yrs. I'm originally from Jackson, Ms. I left there when I enlisted in the Marine corps at 18. I will be in Ms for Thanksgiving....hopefully I can catch a JSU game. I am still currently working for uncle sam.

I was going to give you props until you started on about Jackson State.:lol: Being as those are my rivals (Southern U.) :lol:

msclassy
Lifetime Member

Mood: :angel:

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 12:33 PM

What do you like to do for fun?
Any hobbies?
Who/What inspires you?
Name 5 things you are grateful for?
Fav dish?

"destined, determined, dreamer''
An unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates
jussme

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msclassy
What do you like to do for fun?
Any hobbies?
Who/What inspires you?
Name 5 things you are grateful for?
Fav dish?

Let's see msclassy, I like to go to comedy clubs, poetry spots and any type of venue where there's live music. I especially like the smaller more intimate jazz spots when I can find one.

No hobbies really. Outside of work i'm either at the gym or church.

I am inspired by my pastor and pastors in general. It takes alot of strength to stand up in front of a congregation and tell the truth.

5 things i'm grateful for: My life, my relationship with my family, the Lord for blessing us with a daughter when they told us we couldn't have children. My relationship with my pastor because if it were not for her counsel, I probably would have left the church after the loss of my wife

Right now my favorite dish is any kind of meat and rice. Like chicken and rice or any of the various teriyaki bowls. I love hawiian BBQ, lots of rice, chicken, beef, ribs

Thomas E. Lawrence
NubianOne

Mood: Reflecting

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 02:29 PM

What drives you?
Do you have any regrets?
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Stimulating conversation or a movie?
Interesting screen name is there a story behind it?

"Whoever controls the PAST
Controls the FUTURE
Whoever Controls the PRESENT
Controls the PAST"
jussme

[*] posted on 9.15.2008 at 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NubianOne
What drives you?
Do you have any regrets?
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Stimulating conversation or a movie?
Interesting screen name is there a story behind it?

What drives me is my desire to be somebody. I'm at a point
in my life where I don't want to just go to work and come home. I want to feel like i've made a difference or had an impact in someone's life.

My greatest regret is not being the best husband that I could have been during my 14 year marriage. Now that she's gone you know it gets to me sometimes but I feel that it has made me stronger for future relationships.

If I could go anywhere in the world I would love to see Africa.

Stimulating convo or a movie, hmmm......I love to talk so i'd pick a nice conversation over a movie anyday. I love first dates because you get to set in an intimate environment and just talk. You know, you get to see where their head is, what kind of vocabulary they have and generally what kind of person they are.

I'm not very creative when it comes to screen names so I figured this was simple enough. It's juss me

Thomas E. Lawrence
Wamuiru
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: G.R.I.T.S.- Girl Raised In The South

[*] posted on 9.16.2008 at 03:32 PM

I see you're from MS. So Am I. Would you ever move back?

It's Not Too Late, To Right The Wrongs That We Make. The Future's Tomorrow. The Limit's The Sky.

Semper Fi Sister

Do Not Let Man Put A Period In Your Life Where God Has Placed A Comma. - Bishop T.D. Jakes
jussme

[*] posted on 9.16.2008 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wamuiru

Now that i'm single, i've thought about it. I do miss the food, music and the people in general. I miss being around black folk although I am glad that I was able to get out and see other parts of the U.S.. My fear is that i'd get bored too quick. Anyway, I would love to move back down south. Not MS. maybe Atlanta

Thomas E. Lawrence
Wamuiru
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 9.16.2008 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Now that i'm single, i've thought about it. I do miss the food, music and the people in general. I miss being around black folk although I am glad that I was able to get out and see other parts of the U.S.. My fear is that i'd get bored too quick. Anyway, I would love to move back down south. Not MS. maybe Atlanta

I don't ever wanna move back. Now that I don't live there anymore, I don't like it. When I go back to visit family, I only stay a little while and then I'm right back home. It's so country there. I used to go to the blues festivals with my aunt and we'd have a good time with that. I lived not far from Yazoo City.

It's Not Too Late, To Right The Wrongs That We Make. The Future's Tomorrow. The Limit's The Sky.

Semper Fi Sister

Do Not Let Man Put A Period In Your Life Where God Has Placed A Comma. - Bishop T.D. Jakes
jussme

[*] posted on 9.16.2008 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't ever wanna move back. Now that I don't live there anymore, I don't like it. When I go back to visit family, I only stay a little while and then I'm right back home. It's so country there. I used to go to the blues festivals with my aunt and we'd have a good time with that. I lived not far from Yazoo City.

Sounds like you lived in the kuntry. You know we called everything outside of Jackson"the kuntry"...lol After living on the west coast, its all kuntry. But it will always be home though.

Thomas E. Lawrence
Diamond
Super Moderator

Mood: Flawless Black Beauty

[*] posted on 9.16.2008 at 07:30 PM

Hey Juss me...:wave:

Do you think we'll ever get out of Iraq?

What's your take on the economy...whoa..Lehmann Brothers probably thought they were gonna get a life jacket from the Feds..( or make that Us..the people/taxes/investors etc...)

Do you do PT every day...??

And why the Marines and not the Army, Navy, Air Force...(be gentle now...lol...)

Winners Never Quit...Quitters Never Win...
Wamuiru
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 9.16.2008 at 07:45 PM

Did you do your bootcamp in Parris Island? What's your MOS?

Semper Fi Sister

jussme

[*] posted on 9.17.2008 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond
Hey Juss me...:wave:

Do you think we'll ever get out of Iraq?

What's your take on the economy...whoa..Lehmann Brothers probably thought they were gonna get a life jacket from the Feds..( or make that Us..the people/taxes/investors etc...)

Do you do PT every day...??

And why the Marines and not the Army, Navy, Air Force...(be gentle now...lol...)

Ms Diamond, I don't think we'll ever pull out completely. I think there will be a presence there for a long time to come, even if its a small presence. But you know the hot spot now is Afghanistan. Thats where every one wants to go.

You know Diamond I must say that I don't really pay attention to the economy really because in the military, our pay is guaranteed. We don't have to worry about pay cuts or layoffs. The re-enlistment bonuses right now are crazy. A friend of mine just re-enlisted and got 80 grand plus 22 days leave and choice of duty station.

We PT everyday at 0630 and I hate it with a passion.

Why the marines? Because they had the prettiest uniform.......just kiddin. When I was a junior in high school, the recruiters were offering the ASVAB test. I took it because it got me out of class all day. I wasnt planning on joining the military so I just blew through the test. Later the army contacted me and I was gonna process with them but they wanted me to take that 6 hour test again. I was like hellll no. So guess who calls and says they can put me in with the score I had? In hindsight I wish I had retaken it because my job choices were limited.

Thomas E. Lawrence
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top