Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Who am I? And why am I in this handbasket??
Queen_Vee

Mood: Blessed :)

[*] posted on 7.18.2008 at 12:30 PM
Who am I? And why am I in this handbasket??

"Why do we count down the days, when time is so precious?"

Friday, the day after Thursday, and the day before Saturday. Yep, that is what Fridays are to me these days. Summers past, I never really remember Friday being such a big deal, partly because when your not in school and not working, everyday is a Friday.

I've been in Washington, DC for about a month and two weeks. Needless to say it has been 'different' than what I expected. Conversing with Congressmen, lavish cocktail parties, limos and a big fancy office was my vision. Lets just say, the latter was true.

Besides my office being cozy yet technologically upscale, the work that I do [which I am not at liberty to divulge all of it] far supercedes what I feel a first time, sophomore in college, 18 year old intern should be doing. Not that I mind, because I know I wouldn't be entrusted with the duties that I have if I was not proven to be equipped to do them, but I can't help but wonder sometimes why am I given all of these responsibilities, normally delegated to someone of trained and certified statue? Hmmm...or maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and earn my 18 bucks an hour :lol:

On a lighter note, my best friend and ex-boyfriend's birthday is next week. I know you are thinking, WOW, what a combo, lol but it is the truth. We dated around November of last year and broke up the end of January 2008. He was my first "real" boyfriend and first true love. I don't know, even though I do not want him as a boyfriend, I can't help but to still "feel" for him in a romantic way. Maybe it is just because of our past, we've truly been there for one another and the fact that although we had a wonderful relationship---we realized that we were both young and wanted to make memories/enjoy life before getting serious. I wonder if it is just a natural feeling, because first TRUE loves, in my opinion, never really withers away.

Yup...Friday's...gotta love em'

:wave:

Go To Top