Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  ..  53  54  55
Author: Subject: Thoughts from a Older Guy.
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: good

[*] posted on 1.29.2019 at 05:07 PM

Soon my brothers and sisters.....Soon:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 2.11.2019 at 06:06 PM

“A lotta’ stuff has been popping off ,brother…..It was quiet for a spell, then boom!!.....Craziness all over the place”…I sit in that chair and just nod….It’s for that trim and nobody does it better than Hersham…..He’s my favorite barber…..But he is more than that…..Barbers, like bartenders, taxi drivers and hair stylists for women…..Have surprisingly knowledgeable viewpoints on human behavior….And sometimes funny ones on current events…The people in these professions are just the poor man’s shrinks….You’re better off talking to them than spending an obscene amount of money talking to the pros….As Hersham goes about his duty of trimming my naps, he also educates me and you know I am enjoying listening to him….He is from Egypt with a lot of American in him….He loves to dish the dirt on famous people and politicians…..Especially when they do stupid stuff…He starts with the shutdown and the wall….Can you believe that??....Do you know how many countries overseas are laughing at America??.....What type of fool or fools shut down a country because they can’t have their way??....Both sides are to blame and I will tell you why….A year ago, the Democrats were willing to give Trump twenty-five billion dollars for border security…That was to be used for building a wall…..Border agents….Up to date surveillance…All of it…..This time out all he wanted was five billion ….Six billion tops….America made three and a half trillion dollars last year….Had to borrow another trillion to keep things going….Five billion is nothing….Let’s say America made a dollar last year…..All Trump wants is one two hundredth of a penny for his Wall…Five billion would get you a nuclear submarine…What happened between last year and now??.....A year ago, America was a one party nation…..The Republicans controlled everything throughout the country….Their agenda ruled and nothing could be done about it…..So a lot of it the Democrats had to swallowed….Then came the mid-terms…..That turned everything around……A lot of women ran and you want to know why??.......They were fed up with Trump….His putdown of women……The Me Too movement came along at the same time…..The rich and famous who treated women like cows were on the hot seat….So many big time names accused of being disrespectful and Indiscreet….That thing with Kavanaugh really pushed things over the top….They were just plain fed up….I told Hersham that a lot of men were also fed up…..We were tired of being painted with the same brush….Women kill me with that….. “All men are the same”…..Classic bulls*it…..All men are “not” the same….There are millions of decent men out there who are respectful towards women and treat them like human beings…Equals…But because we have a penis between our legs….We get tarred with the bad boys…And that burns like acid on the skin….A lot of those women that won those seats have to realize that a lot of men voted for them….They are in positions of power because millions of men voted for them….They would not have those seats if those men had not entered that voting booth…..Hersham nodded…..Went on…..”The House is gone and the Senate is a bit shaky….Some of those senators hated the shutdown and got a lot of heat from their constituents back home……Trump’s power has been halved and he knows it……Here on out is going to be hard for him……I don’t think that there will be another shutdown…..Trump and the Republicans will pay a steep price if that happens”…..The last time I was here ,we were talking about Venezuela and Maduro……We were not sure how that was going to resolve itself…..But now…..Hersham starts his dissertation on the world’s events….His lectures are a lot more informative and thought provoking than the ones you got in high school or college….”The man is in deep trouble….Maduro was doing okay as long as he had the military by his side……Now some of them are thinking about turning on him….The people have long been fed up….That country was one of the richest in this part of the world…..Swimming in oil….I think ,to buy a gallon of gas there at one time was what??......Twelve cents a gallon??.....Universal health care….Everybody ate on the regular….Once Chavez passed on , things went downhill fast…..Then the price of oil dropped like a rock…As long as it was over a hundred and twelve dollars a barrel, the money flowed big time…..That ride is long over…..Back then ,the Saudi’s and the Nigerians were at the top because of that Black Gold in the ground…..Everybody had to kiss their asses to pay a lot of money for their oil…Now the geopolitical landscape has changed, man…..The ones that were on top no longer are…..They aren’t as important as they used to be…Time has broken the back of their wealth…….Given it to someone else….Maduro is talking a lot of trash about hanging on to power….But that talk is crumbling……This new guy has the backing of a lot of foreign powers…..Several of them are on the same continent as Venezuela...You know you are in trouble when your neighbors want you gone….This new guy is young and the people are drawn towards him….They are sick of the same old things…..What’s his name??....Juan Guiado??......Maduro is slipping badly as we speak…..Then you got that fool in the White House that wants to use military force to oust him……Let me asked you something……Why is that guys that never served in the military are always the first to use war as an option?? “……I told Hersham that young men are always used by old men to do a job that they themselves are not physically able to…..Or worse yet…..Too cowardly to do….I also told him that it should be the sworn duty of old men to see that young men become old men….That you do by keeping them out of unnecessary conflicts….Any man or woman that has had male children will be the first to tell you…..They don’t want their sons lives thrown away on some stupid s**t that won’t have meaning ten years later….America still has not learned from Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and that nightmare called Afghanistan……We still have not learned from past foreign policy that seemed to be thought of by first graders…..That is an insult to first graders ‘cause a lot of them have more sense than our so-called leaders….Hersham nods….continues….”Maduro days are numbered…..If he is still there by Labor Day, it will be due to a higher power…”I hear the sound of the clippers upside my head…..”Speaking of Afghanistan…..I hear that Trump and the Taliban are gonna’ have some sitdowns…..Can you imagine that??.....Years of warfare and finally an adult enters the room…..”….Hersham shakes head….”I’m not sure how that one is going to work out….Years were spent trying to up the body count….It’s hard to talk peace at a table where both sides swore the destruction of the other…Kinda’ like you and a hated enemy trying to survive a dinner without pulling out insults or knives…..That thing with that other fool……The one in North Korea….Kim Jong something or other…The one that should fire his barber because that cut is messed up on too many levels…”…..I bust out in laughter….Hersham laughs with me…..”Hold still ,man….If you don’t, you’re gonna’ end up looking like him !!”…..He goes on……”Kim Jong is next in line….You’re a nuclear power and two thirds of your people are hungry??…..At night most of the country is in the dark because the power goes off at sunset……You ever see some parts of the Earth at night??.....Lit up so much you can see it from space??……Satellites flying over North Korea shows you that millions of people are in the dark…..You’re building more bombs??....Your people would rather have a decent meal and have the lights on so they can watch the games on T.V”……I had to laugh once again….Hersham loves to watch American basketball……He can tell you the players and stats better a lot of guys….Soccer is also big….Like a lot of fellow Egyptians ,he was annoyed at how they messed up in the last round of soccer championships…..Soccer is big in Middle Eastern nations…..As big as the NFL is here…..He is also a big fan of Mike Tyson…..Back in the day when Tyson was rampaging through the heavyweight division…..A younger Hersham followed Iron Mike….He told me that he and his friends would sit and watch the fights on the edge of their seats…..They knew that a knockout was coming….They had fun placing bets as to which round it would be….Hersham once told me that that rape charge against Tyson had upset a lot of people back home….They had asked the one question that Dana once asked…..Although Day was far more blunt and far more ‘hood about it…..”What the f**k was that bitch doing in his car….His hotel room later on, way past curfew??...You know what really happened??......She got played by a street nicca and that f**ked with her goody –goody image….Had that trial been in Brooklyn, the whole thing would have been laughed out of court”…..Hersham went on to tell me in a sad voice that when Muhammad Ali died, the whole nation mourned….”What you have to understand is that Ali was well loved overseas…..When he first professed that he was a Muslim….A son of Allah….We were amazed…No one that famous had ever declared that……When he said that there were hundreds of millions of other men, women, and children throughout the world were also followers of Islam….That put us on the map……Christianity had always taken the spotlight…Now half the world was suddenly aware of the other half when it came to religion….Nothing was ever the same after that……Yeah….Ali always went around yelling that he was “The Greatest”……The brother had no idea that greatness comes in other forms besides sports…..He had opened a door that made everyone sit up and take notice….Yeah, man……That is the true meaning of being great….”

Barbershop talk….from an Older Guy.:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 2.11.2019 at 06:07 PM

“That thing with that journalist that was killed last October…..Khashoggi??......Everybody kept wondering what happened??…..Why did he disappear??.....Who kill him??....Let me tell you something……Even kids back home in Egypt knew who was behind it….That kind of killing was okayed by the prince….Nothing like that happens without the okay from someone higher up in The House of Saud…Most people in The Middle East knew exactly who did it….And why….The Americans are either too naïve to know or worse yet….Want to lean over and kiss the Saudi’s asses….The Middle East is a mess, man….Half of the countries there hate the other half….Some of it is based on religion…..Some of it is based on economics….Some of it is based on sheer stupidity….Some of it is based on things that happened a long time ago…I asked Hersham a question……How do the folks back home feel about Israel??......” Mixed bag….Most of the countries in The Middle East are not fond of them….We tolerate them and they tolerate us…..The biggest thing that we dislike with them is their arrogance……The land grabs….Complaining that everyone there is out to get them….They may have a point on that last one….The only reason why they are there is because the U.S is in their corner…..A big brother that backs them up no matter what they do….They have a bad habit of invading other countries air space and bombing things……The U.S turns a blind eye to this and that is what infuriates the Middle East….Israel knows that America is willing to go to war for them….They play the American government like puppets……The Palestinians are no angels here….They have done some foolish things…..But nothing compared to what the Israelis are doing now….Will do in the future……They have nuclear weapons….Probably given to them by The West….That can’t be proven…..But it is out there……Would they use them??.....In a conventional war??.....I don’t think so….Dropping atomic bombs would earn them world condemnation…..Even the States would abandon them if they did that…If their backs were against the wall and they faced extinction as a people and a country??.....Definitely…..That old saying that if I have to go…..I will take you with me, would apply in this case…..Me personally??....I don’t hate them…..It’s more annoyance and irritating then anything…..You start hating……Let’s put it this way…..If Israel and her ways were to disappear tomorrow…..I wouldn’t shed any tears over it…..It gets quiet for a moment……All you hear are the sounds of the clippers…”But to get back to Khashoggi….Part of that blame lies with him….If you knew that a government was out to silence you….Why would he walk into their consulate overseas?? “…..I told Hersham that if I recalled right…..He went there for some divorce papers….Something that the consulate could get for him…..”Maybe….But he would have been much safer had he approached a consulate in America….People have been known to enter overseas consulates and never come out……What happened to him was not an isolated incident…..It only made headlines because he was well known in Europe and The States….Had it been anyone else, no one would have known….The Saudis’ were just as foolish…..They could have gotten rid of him with a lot less noise then they did….”…..I hear those clippers as Hersham goes on…..”You know what makes the Mafia so good at killing??.....They go about it as quietly as possible….Forget what you see in the movies….They get rid of people very efficiently…”…..I said “What about those that make the news??”…”Those were ‘meant’ to be known……It sent a message to the others and they paid close attention”….”I once had a regular guy come in from time to time….He worked for the Mob on and off for most of his life…..He would come in and talk….Nice old man….Big tipper…..He told me that the secret to staying alive in that kind of organization was keeping your mouth shut….Staying in line and doing what you were told…..He told me that he was a hitman for the Mafia….When you cut hair, you get all types of people in this chair…..A friend of mine is a bartender….You should hear some of the things people tell him….The stories we trade” … I told Hersham I would love to spend a night hanging out with them….Like he said, the things they have heard….Fodder for my writing……Hersham goes on…..”I can tell when someone is….How you say??.....Bullsh*ting me…..My gut told me that he was sincere….A hitman??....For the Mafia??.....He looked like somebody’s grandfather….He spoke softly…..Had real nice manners….Plus he tipped big….The haircuts are twenty dollars….Hopefully with a tip …..Twenty five….He gives a tip of a hundred dollars on top of the cut….I’m not kidding you….He reached into his pocket and pulled out a thick roll of bills….Peeled one off…..I’m thinking it’s a five…..I look down and saw Ben Franklin looking up at me….Every time I cut his hair….He gave me a hundred dollar tip…..”……Hersham’s voice grew sad for a moment…..”He lived alone…..He had outlived everyone close to him…..He had one son…..The boy died of a drug overdose years ago…..The wife died of cancer….Most of his friends died from old age…..Being killed in the streets……Or dying in prison….He only had a dog for companionship……No one his own age…..Brother……Everyone should have someone in their later years…..Makes it easier to deal with, you know??”....I nodded…..It echoed what sweet Marge once told me…..”Everyone should have someone when they get old…Even if it is only one person”…….I asked…..”Wasn’t he worried about being mugged with all that money he carried??.....Hersham laughed…..”No,man…He carried this fanny bag with him wherever he went….He showed me the contents of it….It contained a forty-five semi- automatic pistol….He got mugged twice…..Both times the muggers got blown away….. Criminals killed by a master criminal…..What kind of fool tries to mug a hitman?? “…..Hersham laughed so much, I found myself laughing with him…”He told me of some of the hits he committed when he was younger….I guess he felt you could trust your barber….Who was I gonna’ tell??.....Lots of people can tell you of the mob men who talked to them…..Told them things…..You knew better than to open your mouth too much….”….Hersham stopped doing my hair for a moment…..”Let me tell you of the biggest hit he ever did…..He outsmarted the F.B.I on this one…..You have to play close attention……You listening ??”….I nodded…….”There was this one guy who was willing to talk to the Feds about being in the Mob…..He faced a lot of prison time….Selling drugs I believe….So to save himself he was willing to rat the others out….The biggest no- no is being a rat……That has not changed since the twenties…..Anyway…….He allies himself with the F.B.I…..Remember Hoover had been dead for several months before the hit….The informant had a lot of information on his former friends…..I mean he knows a lot…He’s trying to avoid doing some serious prison time…..Life….That is how much time he was facing on those drug charges….So the Feds offer him a way out…..Tell us what you know and we will protect you…..You won’t have to do any time if you talk to us…..He knows that if he talks without any follow up protection ,he is headed for the cemetery with a few bullets in his skull…So he agrees….He walks away from the Mob……Right into the arms of the Feds….But leaving that kind of organization isn’t the same as putting on your shoes….Hat and coat….Walking out the door….The other mobsters got wind of what was happening…..These guys had their own informants…..Ways of finding things out……Ways of finding people out…..You’re talking about an enterprise that has been around for a century or more…..A lot of the criminal organizations worldwide are based on The Mafia…..They wrote the book…The Feds take the informant underground…..Hide him out….No one knows where the guy until it is time to really talk to him….Time for the trials…..They think they have hit a home run….They looked forward to bringing down a lot of bad guys….They have no idea of how wrong they are……

More Barbershop Talk…..from an Older Guy.:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 2.11.2019 at 06:08 PM

“The old man told me that he met with two capos at a diner in Southern Florida….They wanted this man eliminated…..Badly…It took two weeks to find this guy…..But they find him…The old man said that they wanted the informant gone in six weeks…..The F.B.I were going to go to trial and already may have very damaging evidence to use against them…...They gave the layout of where the man is….But there is a serious problem…..He is guarded by two federal agents twenty-four seven…..Even if someone was to storm the place…..The agents could call in reinforcements in a matter of minutes…..The hitman said that he would take care of it….Leave it all to him….Because of the risk…..He wanted a huge amount of money……He wasn’t part of the mob per se….More like an independent contractor…..He had served in the military as a sniper….Was very good at it…..When he got discharged, there were very little job openings for his kind of skills in the civilian world…..So he hired himself out…Did what he did best and that was kill people….He wasn’t a psychopath….Just a man with unusual skills….They will pay him the money that he wants….Plus expenses….The money meant nothing to them…..What he wanted for the job…..They spent each night at the gambling tables…..Or at the racetrack….What mattered was that all of their crew would not spend years behind bars, sharing the same cell block…..That was to be avoided at all costs….The old man scopes the neighborhood where the rat is…..Suburbia…..Peaceful and very quiet…The Feds had rented a house to hide the guy in….He told me that the place was tightly guarded….Regular police patrols….His superiors were right…Getting to the guy was not going to be easy…..”…..I’m listening to the story and like most stories….You want to ask some questions…..I asked Hersham…”How did he pull it off ??”……Like any good storyteller….Hersham draws you in…..”He spent two weeks just scoping the neighborhood…..He drove sometimes….Others he just walked…He was one of those men that could blend in with their surroundings….He told me that he looked like he lived there…..So no one ever question him…..Stopped or bothered him….He told me that had his skin been dark, the police would have been all over him….One day he notices something…..On football Sundays……A pizza truck pulls up just before the games start on t.v……Three Sundays straight, this happens…..Pizza is delivered to the house where the man had been kept….Obviously the men inside have pizza while the games are on….The pizza guys always bring two large boxes of pizza to the door…..Whoever answers the door takes the delivery….Then the delivery guy goes on his way…..The hitman told me that an idea came into his head as to how to pull it off….He finds out what is the name of the pizza makers……What kind of van the delivery guys drive……The uniforms they wear while on duty….He goes out and rents a van just like the one that makes the deliveries…Same color and everything...Goes to a place that does decals and has the same decals placed on the van….Then gets the same outfit as the drivers…..Getting the pizza boxes was the easiest thing to do…..He waits until Super Bowl Sunday to do it…..I think it was Super Bowl Seven….The Miami Dolphins had an undefeated season….Everybody in the country was watching to see if they could win the big game and go perfect….He parks the van three blocks from the house….It doesn’t stand out….It’s like an ice cream truck….Totally innocent looking…He rented another vehicle…..A car……He waits outside the pizza parlor….Its approaching game time and he knows that that call is going to come through……Like clockwork, the call comes…..He follows the van…..He’s wearing regular clothes, so he doesn’t arouse suspicion…..He follows the van down the road…..He has a big pistol in his car….He told me it was a .357 Magnum…..The plan is to shoot out one of the tires….Disabling the van….He told me the main problem was trying to muffle the sound…He said that trying to silence a gun that big is almost impossible……He was hoping that the driver was so involved in driving that he wouldn’t notice a loud noise like a gunshot…..The problem was solved when both vehicles had to stopped at a railroad crossing……The loud alarms, flashing lights and roar of the train was perfect….As the train sped by….He leaned out of the passenger side and double shot one of the back tires…..He reloaded and waited for the train to pass…..A couple of blocks down, he passes the van…..Flat tire caused it to stop……The driver had to get out and walked down the road…The nearest public phone had to be a mile back…..Remember this was way before cell phones, so he had to walk a way to call somebody….The hitman gets to where he parked the van…..Goes inside and changes into the pizza uniform….Places the pistol in one of the boxes……Drives to the house….Leaving the other car parked……He gets to the house and calmly walks up to the door….Presses the buzzer….A moment later it opens up….A woman answered the door…..He told me that his heartrate went through the roof “……I was puzzled…..”Why??”….”The old man was expecting one of the agents to answer the door…..Nothing was said about a woman….Now he has to kill a woman and that is the last thing that he and his superiors want…..Killing a rat is one thing…A federal agent is another….But a woman??.....Obviously she was either the rat’s lady….Or a girlfriend of one of the agents…..Also he has no idea of where the other agents are….He has an idea of what the layout of the house is….But doing a room by room search is perilous because of the armed agents….So even if he kills the women….He has no clue as where the other three men are……He came for one person…..Not four….The old man told me he was determined to carry out the hit….Even if meant killing two F.B.I. agents and a woman….It wasn’t anything personal….Cold business….Just then he noticed something…..There is a big television on a patio out back…..He can see it and hear it as well….It’s blasting….He also noticed that every house on the block is blasting the game……Mostly from backyards because the street is deserted….Really loud….What was normally a quiet suburb is now very loud with a football game….He can see the patio in the back….The t.v and two men sitting in lawn chairs watching the game…Totally into the game…..Straight down a long hall…..One of the men comes to the door…..An agent…..The agent looks him over, dismisses him as a pizza delivery guy…. Thinks he’s harmless and then walks towards the back……The woman follows….He sees the agent take a chair next to his buddy…..Motions to somebody…..The victim comes walking down the hall as though he had all the time in the world…The hitman knew what had happened without hearing a word….It was obviously the man’s turn to pay for the pies….The hitman could not believe what a lapse of security the agents had allowed…That is what happens when you get too comfortable…Too relaxed..…He told me that that never would have happened in the military…They would have had shone flashlights up your rear to see if you were legit…..The victim comes to the door……The hitman tells him to close the door because he is a bit hard of hearing….The loud T.V……He can’t hear what is being said….The victim closes the door….The hitman moves real fast….Takes the Magnum from the top pizza box…..Double shots the guy in the head….He told me that to this day, he could still see big bits of skull, brain matter and hair fly into the air…He saw a bloody mist around the head as it exploded ….The victim and the pizza boxes hit the ground at the same time…That’s how quick he got those shots off…He turned around and calmly walked back to the van….Drove away….Got to where he had parked the car…..Changed back into his regular clothes….Drove away, leaving the van and the clothes behind…..To add insult to injury….He passed the pizza delivery guy who was still walking down the road, looking for a public phone…..He wasn’t worried about being caught….He was way too careful for that…..The van and the car were both under false names…..This was the seventies…..They were not as vigilant as they are today…..He told me that he immediately went to Miami International ,flew to New York……When he landed he heard the news of a murder in a Miami suburb …..The mob men had deposited a crazy amount of money into his bank account…With no informant, the Feds had no case and they knew it…That hit kept a lot of wiseguys in line….He did several jobs for them after that…..But that one hit established him in their eyes…..He told me that that was one of his favorites because it forced him to use his skills to the utmost…..”…..Hersham’s eyes returned to the present…..He went back to cutting my hair as though he never stopped…..”Is he still alive??”……Hersham’s voice grew sad again….”No….he died about six months back…..He was in church, dozed off and never awaken…..Some kind of underlining medical condition…..His dog died a week later….Probably from a broken heart….Animals know, man…..They know’’……He was finishing up the cut….”About two weeks after he died….This guy comes in….Dressed nice…..He has this big brown paper bag in his hand….I hadn’t seen a brown paper bag in a long time…It’s all plastic now…..He says that the bag is for you…..The Old Man wanted you to have it….You were good to him….Listened to him…..That’s all he ever wanted someone to do when he got old….He turns to walk away….So I asked him, who was he?…..He told me he was the Old Man’s son……”……This stopped me cold……”Wait a minute, Hersham…..You told me that he only had one child….a son who died of a drug overdose”…….He nodded….. “Yeah….so he thought….He didn’t know about the second son until six months before his death…..He had an affair with a Cuban woman in Miami years back…..The woman got pregnant and never told the old man about the son she had…….The boy grows up into a man and finds out the truth……Took him months to find his father……They spent his last six months hooking up…..Becoming father and son…..Do you believe that??”……”What was in the bag??”…..Hersham smiled……”A hundred and fifty thousand dollars…”….Hersham saw the look on my face and laughed…..”My eyes popped out when I opened that bag and saw all that cash….I closed my shop early and just sat at my desk counting all that money…..It was real and under the table….I kept it in a safe in my shop….No one knew I had it…..A couple of weeks go by and I make arrangements to buy the place outright….My shop is not that big as you can see….But I own it and that is the most important thing….I don’t pay any more rent……I make a more decent wage now than I own…..” Hersham has finished up…..As he take the cape off me,his eyes assumed a faraway look…..”You know something….I liked that old man…There was a lot of sadness in him…..He must have lost so much in his life….So talking to him….Listening to him, must have meant a lot to him “….I nodded…..Told Hersham….”Brother….Sometimes all we can do is talk to each other….Listen to each other…..Sometimes that is enough to help us get through”…..Hersham nodded…..Two men came in….Business meant no time for talk…..”Wadaeaan, my brother”….I smiled…..”Wadaeaan, Hersham….Wadaeean”

Listening to Hersham….and enjoying it…….from an Older Guy.
:yes::yes::yes:
 Pages:  1  ..  53  54  55

Go To Top