Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  ..  52  53  54
Author: Subject: Thoughts from a Older Guy.
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: good

[*] posted on 10.24.2018 at 06:49 PM

“It has to be the biggest….brightest…..and most colorful leaf you can find”……I shift through another pile of leaves……The trees have started shedding their leaves earlier this year….Normally I would have started the search right after Halloween…..But this year the trees have started to drop earlier….They don’t care about the schedule of men…..Nature never does….I have been through three piles already and have found nothing….Doesn’t matter…..The fun is in the search…..”How long have you been doing this??”…….I answer the elegantly dressed woman before me…..She is wearing one of those Canadian goose down jackets….It is pristine white with a non-fur hoodie……On her head is a cute North Face beanie…..It too is white and it matches the jacket…..On her hands are a pair of classy black gloves that match the blackness of her pants and boots…..That goose down cost her fifteen hundred dollars….The outfit is so chic for someone her age…..She does not pinch that penny when it comes to her clothes….Most of it is off the rack….Yet, she will have her stuff custom made when the mood hits….People have been hurt for those goose downs….She is not worried ‘cause those two monster Dobermans that accompanied her on her ‘walks’ are more than enough protection….She exercises them in the nearby park….’Cause that is the only space big enough for them to move around in and enjoy themselves….She always picks the time of day when she and her canines have the place pretty much to themselves…..She had offered to buy me one of those goose downs…..But I turned her down….I love this elder and I wouldn’t dream of taking advantage of her generosity…….Once I went shopping with her….To keep her company….Bad idea (lol)…..She was in a spending mood…Before the afternoon was out, I found myself on a tailor’s stump….Being measured for two Euro suits….Two Euro shirts….And two pairs of Italian shoes….All custom made….An sleek overcoat and fedora came with it….I fought on that one and lost….Once her mind is made up ,it is impossible for anyone to change it…..Although I was touched by what she did, I told myself that I would never again take advantage of her maternal love for me…..I made her laugh when I said…..”I have more than enough coats…..I’m blessed…..What I really would like is a 2019 Ferrari 488 “……I was messing with her and she knew it……There was a twinkle in her eye and her tongue was firmly in her cheek when she said….”Tell you what…..I’ll buy you that car when your celebrity crush hits sixty “…….I told her…..”That is so evil….Janet will hit sixty in eight years and that car’s model will be 2027…..Plus I’ll be sixty-eight…..A few more steps closer to the cemetery “……I heard her musical laughter…..”That’s the point I am trying to make….You will be too old to drive a car like that and too old to handle a wild woman like Janet “……It was my turn to laugh…..”You keep on believing that…..Keep on believing that….You’re gonna’ be shocked when I pulled up in that car and Jan has a sexually satisfied look on her face”….She laughed once more……”I love you ,Marge….You know that??”……She nodded….”I know…because you tell me all the time…..The feeling is mutual, young man….Now back to the search.”…..We go through some more mounds of leaves….The leaves there are pretty ordinary…..Nice…..But not that Special Leaf….As we search, my mind goes back to that sweet banter between us…..Even though I was only messing with her…..I have to be careful….Marge is sweetly unpredictable…..She is the kind of person that would buy that Ferrari and have it send to you with a big red ribbon attached (lol)…..And she has the wealth to buy you a backup Ferrari in case your stupid ass smashes up the first one(lol)…..But if you smash up the first one ,then you don’t deserve a second one…..Time to start walking ,fool!!....Marge goes through the mounds like a small child….Laughter on her beautiful face…I can tell she is having fun….Marge is ninety –three years old….Robust health….All her faculties….All her teeth (lol)…The problem with living that long is that you tend to bury love ones and cherish friends…..They all fall by the wayside as Time and Death has seemingly forgotten about you….There was an article in The New York Times a couple of weeks back….There was this barber in upstate New York…..He was still cutting hair at the age of one hundred-seven…Excellent health….Mind still sharp….How do you live that long without thinking about the loved ones you have outlived and buried??.....How??......If I see eighty, I will be happy…..Happier still after sexing Janet in that Ferrari….Don’t give that look (lol)…We all have had off the wall fantasies…Mine can be no weirder than anyone else’s….Marge has a small circle of female friends that they do elegant and classy things together…But going through a mound of fallen leaves is not one of them (lol)…..She is a country girl at heart and doing this brings back whatever wonderful childhood memory she cherishes…..Watching her warms my heart…..We keep looking…..Nothing….But we laugh as we do so…..I told Marge I have been doing this every year since I was ten….I missed it only three times….The death of my beloved Yvette and the death of my mom…Last year I was in a desperate bid to leave a violent hood, so I skipped the search…..But this year, I am back with a vengeance…..I first met Marge years back….She was selling soul food dinners at this block party and I bought three from her…..She was sweet ,approachable ,and very regal….We hit it off right away…We became good friends and as the years went by ,our relationship morphed into a mother-son thing….That really grew stronger after my own mom passed on…She was sounding board during those years I was involve with Yvette and Dana….. Both at the same time…..It was she who was my rock when the beautiful Yvette died….Breaking my heart into a million pieces…..Yvette….I miss her so….You have no idea of how much….I love Day-Day…..Nothing will ever change that….But I love Yvette just as much…..And nothing will ever change that either…..We must have hit ten mounds of leaves and still nothing…Her dogs…..Playful as puppies….Destroyed two of those large mounds by roughhousing through them…..If the park workers saw all their hard work literally tossed in the wind….They would have been pissed…..But would have calm down real fast once they got a look at the size of those ‘puppies’ (lol)……Almost two hours of laughing and searching……I’ve found it !!......Marge walks over…..Sees me kneeling and places a gentle hand on my shoulder as I hold the leaf up…..It is huge….One of the biggest ones I have ever come across…It is boldly bright…..Vivid red, green ,yellow, gold, and orange……The sunshine bounces off the leaf…..The colors seem to come alive…..Get prettier in the pure rays of the Sun…..Marge smiles…..Whispers…..”I can see why you do this every year since the age of ten”…..I smiled back…”It’s beautiful…Isn’t it Marge??”…..I hold it up for a few minutes…..Admiring its breathtaking beauty…..It’s just a simple leaf…..But like most of God’s creations, it is a work of art….For no painting master could ever produce the colors accurately as Mother Nature can…..I place it back in the mound and stand up…..Look at Marge……”That’s it…..Until next year.”…..I placed my hand on her cheek…”Promise me we can search again next year…..I had a lotta’ fun this year “…..The soft doe- brown eyes with decades of wisdom behind them, seem to twinkle in the bright sunlight….”If I am alive……It’s a promise “……I looked down at her and smiled…..”You will be…..You will be…..You have at least seven more years left…..Easily….You’re gonna’ outlive us all….I will be looking up at you from the grave as they shovel dirt in my face…..And a priest is standing over me with a Bible in his hands “…..Marge smiled that sweet smile….She knows I am messing with her….As we walk away…Those two big dogs following us…..I zing her….”Now…… about that Ferrari……”……She bursts out laughing and her laughter is music to my soul

The Special Leaf…..and Marge…..from an Older Guy. :cloud::cloud::cloud:
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.24.2018 at 06:51 PM

I rarely ever blog about the most important man in my life….Not me….Although I’d be lying if I didn’t say it was me (lol)…..No, it’s my baby…..My son….Now my’ baby’ is twenty-nine years old….Six feet two and built like a linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles…..Despite his size, he is very sweet natured and laid back…..He has a mustache and beard…..Both are neatly groomed….Me??....I don’t carry off a beard and ‘stache very well…..It makes me look way older….I envy guys that can carry that look off….Lots of women love men with facial hair….I am one of the best looking studs out here…..Damn right, I’m gonna’ self- promote (lol)…..Yet I have had several women turn their noses up at me ‘cause I was clean-shaven…..One fine thing gave it to me straight when she said….. “Clean shaven men remind me of baby’s asses and I am not into baby’s asses “…..if that doesn’t wither your ego, I don’t know what will….He lives with me and our relationship is now one of a roommate type thing than father-son ……I am still here…..But in an advisory fashion….More like a consigliere…..You don’t know what a consigliere is??.....How could you watch both Godfather movies, read the novel and not know what term means??(lol)…..He hasn’t move out because he has no reason to….A lot of adult children stay at home with their parents….As long as they contributed to the upkeep of the apartment or house…..I don’t see anything wrong with that….I didn’t jet from home until I was twenty-three….Came back at twenty-five ‘cause it got hot out here and I wasn’t about to join the ranks of the homeless….Left again when I was twenty-seven and kept right on going……I have had other people tell me that I should show him the door….Really??....F**k you!!....He will leave when he is ready and if he stays five more years, I don’t care….If it does not bother me, then why are you sweating it??......Raising him has been a joy…..You have no idea…..It has been one of the most positive experiences of my life….I remember when his mom first conceived….She went to the doctor for one thing and got nailed with another….Boy, did she ever !! (lol)….We were younger and struggling….Who hasn’t been??.....We thought about abortion for about five seconds….He just turned twenty-nine last June…..So you got a pretty good idea of what our final decision was…Taking birthing classes was fun…..Watching her get bigger and bigger….I had a photo of her when she was eight months gone…..I lost it in a move and to this day, I regret losing that picture….That photo showed her beauty…..A big belly…..And the pregnancy ‘glow’…..The amino came back XY and I was a bit disappointed….I was hoping for a daughter…...But that shows you how stupid we can sometimes be…..It dawned on my dumb ass later on that it didn’t matter what God blessed you with…..As long as it was healthy and normal....You’re gonna love him or her anyway…..And I did….With all my heart, I did……Still do….Always will….His birth day was on a Thursday and it was raining….The nurses were gonna’ prep me to watch the blessed event…..But at the last minute, the baby ‘turned’ and they had to do a C-section…..So that viewing was suddenly out….A pity….’Cause I would have love to have seen that…Seeing him in that incubator….Covered with afterbirth….Reddish with a full head of black hair….Crying up a storm…..Yeah, that was special…..It was cool watching him start to walk….Start to talk….One time I was baby-sitting him when the phone rang…..Before that I had just enough food for me to make a burger….With the works….So when the phone rang ,I was distracted…..You know what’s coming next??.....Don’t you??....So after the call, I come back to the kitchen to find the burger missing from the table….I was living in a studio then so they were not too many places brother man could hide…..I found him in a corner of the bedroom……Two chunks of burger meat in his hand…..The bread….Tomato and lettuce with mayo was toss to the side….A big smile on his face as he chewed….Okay….So a bowl of cereal would have to do…..There was a time where he was way behind in school….It took us a year to figure out why….He had a high level of lead in his blood…..So we moved out of the place we were in….In a couple of months he got much better….Teaching him how to ride a bike…..Throw a ball….Watching him roller blade down the street…..Getting better grades in class….Small things that brought great memories…..I could never understand how some of us…..Male and female…..Could abuse and abandon our own blood…..Our own flesh….Nothing is more precious than your own children….They depend on you until they can deal on their own…..If they are good kids, then you do all you can…..If they are bad ones…..You do all you can up to a point….Then you head for the door….I was one of those parents that was blessed with a ‘good’ one…..I have heard horror stories from other parents whose sons gave them pure hell…..You don’t gotta’ be Sherlock Holmes to get what I am getting at…..So yeah…..I will get down on my knees and kiss God’s feet for blessing me with a good one…I have a ton of fun memories from him……Once he was staying with me for the weekend….It was hot as Hades outside…..I didn’t have A/C then…Just fans…..The temperature outside was one hundred plus and the humidity was right up there with the moon….He was annoying me with some childish behavior and I warned him to chill….Went in one ear and out the other….So I was gonna’ whack that behind….Before I go any further….I can count the number of times I had to physically discipline him….Might have been three times tops….And even then it was a whack on his behind….Hitting him with fists ,feet, and the first thing you could grab wasn’t going to happen….How many times have you picked up a paper….Watch the news…..Some fool beating their kids half to death…..Or worse yet…..To death…..You’re gonna’ tell me that whatever that kid did or didn’t do….You‘re gonna’ blow your cool to the point for that kind of extreme violence ??.....Sounds like you need a timeout more than they do.....He knew he was going to get it….That tone in my voice gave me away….So when he stood me before getting ready for it…..He did something that totally threw me off….Totally…..He started singing Jingle Bells…That’s right….’That’ Jingle Bells…..I mean, little man had it down pat….American Idol ready….It was cute coming out of his little voice….But it was so off the wall….It was the middle of August…..In the middle of a heat wave…..Everybody and their mother is roasting under the sun’s power ….It was so ridiculous….I yelled at him to go to his room….He did….I went to the bathroom and closed the door….I lost it….I just lost it….I laughed so hard, my sides started to hurt…..As he got older and bigger….We started to play practical jokes on each other…One stood out as an all time classic…..He attended this summer camp once….He was fourteen….One day I was at work when I got a call from one of the counselors….It seemed that he was caught peeking from behind a hole in the wall of one of the girl’s bathrooms….Okay,so I kinda’ brush it off….Told the counselor that it was more an adolescent thing than anything else and I would talk to him when he got home….The counselor said…..”No, man…..He was caught peeking at the ‘boys’ bathroom “….To say that that sentence unnapped my hair was an understatement…For a long moment, I said nothing…...Before I could fully digest that….I heard his laughter, the counselor’s, and two other boys….He got me good and he knew it….His counselor must have been one cool brother to go along with the joke…..But I swore revenge and it would be a several months before payback came….It was at a major snowstorm…..Teen-agers are notorious for not keeping track of the weather…..I got off work late one night….Just as the flakes were starting to come down….He had heavy drapes over his windows so he didn’t see what was happening…By morning those few flakes were joined by zillions of their friends…Burying everything….The schools were closed, but I didn’t tell him that….He got out of bed….Stretching and yawning….Got fully dressed ,loaded down with a backpack….He headed for the door….Still bleary-eyed….He got to the bottom of the stairs….Opened the door and got hit with all that snow, cold, and wind…..I shouted down to him….. “By the way, dude….The schools are closed. “…..This was on a Friday, so he had an unexpected three day weekend….He could have even slept in that morning…..The look he gave me said it all (lol)…..Mess with dad at your own peril…..As he got older, we got closer if that was possible….There was a period in where he had a hard time finding work….So??.....I was out of work one time for two years and if it wasn’t for my parents I would have been homeless…He was concerned that he was now grown and not giving anything to living expenses…..I told him to find something else to sweat over…..He was more than welcome to stay until things got better….And they did….We share a love of movies…..Comic book superheroes….Pro Wrestling….The NFL….Warner Brothers cartoons….Bugs Bunny tops the list…He is a lover of video games and is really good at it…..Also we are lovers of good food…He is very good looking….Most of his looks he got from his mom….He is gentle despite his size……Lotta’ good qualities in him….Basically a warm and decent guy….I have never regretted having him….Never regretted raising him….Never regretted him still being home….He is one of three people that I would run through a hail of bullets to protect…..Marge and Dana are the other two….One time during a power outage, we sat in the dark just talking……He asked a question….He asked me was he ‘planned’…..I knew what he meant and I give it to him straight with no chaser…..”No…you were not……Your mom and I got together one night and had mind-blowing sex….You were the result of that….So to answer your question……You were ‘not planned’…..But you were ‘wanted’ “……The day will come when he does leave home….On that day I will shed a tear….Believe that…But until that day happens, I will cherish the time we have together…..He will always be my baby…..I had him laughing when I said….I will be eighty one day and you will be fifty…..But you always be my baby

My Baby…..from an Older Guy. :cloud::cloud::cloud:
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.25.2018 at 09:23 AM

Okay…..I have to take a two week hiatus from blogging…..The last chapter of my first novel needs some work and I want to finish it so I can return to my short stories…..I can’t do all three….So the blogs will have to wait….a fortnight isn’t that long and it’s kinda’ important that I finish the last thirty pages…..Love you all and will be back very soon
PS:
Get up off your asses and head to the polls…..Vote…..Vote…..Vote….Stop bitching about The Donald and vote the other side…..If we can take either the House or The Senate….Half of his power will be taken away legally and that may counterbalance this fool. People in poor nations will walk two miles to a polling center and turn around and walk back home. American polling stations are often a ten to fifteen minute walk down the block .If you can spend three hours watching a movie or a football game….Then you can spend twenty minutes top to vote. So get off your asses and vote.

PPS:Trump supporters need not apply. (lol)

Exercise that Right.....from an Older Guy.:butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:
 Pages:  1  ..  52  53  54

Go To Top