Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Blacks: Their own worst enemy
MsLoving
Platinum Member

Mood: No Mood

alert.gif posted on 10.2.2007 at 10:36 PM
Blacks: Their own worst enemy

Blacks: Their own worst enemy

By Staff | October 2, 2007 - 2:51 pm - Posted in Weekly Columns, African-American News, Brothers Corner, Sistas Corner

(Akiit.com) Referring to CNN as an acceptable news outlet is tantamount to referring to the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) as the model for Christian family values.

The opportunity to brand Bill O’Reilly as a clueless racist, by filing erroneous reports (that were intentionally edited out of context), foment racial discord and add another dozen viewers to their dismal Arbitron ratings proved too much for CNN to pass up.

The bottom line is that black America, fairly or not, does have a negative image problem – one that CNN and those blacks who feign insult at the slightest perceived insult – do little or nothing to change, while demanding not just a pass, but acceptance for and of their aberrant anti-social behavior. The difference being that CNN, the Jacksons, Sharptons and other race mongers cash in on it, while those engaging in the eructation of victimhood further marginalize themselves.

I’m not going to win any popularity awards within that crop circle of blacks and liberals – who see the poiesis of the alleged ongoing pogrom of blacks as the espirit de corps that binds them together – but that’s not my problem.

If it is negative, and/or if it makes blacks into victims, you can bet the evening news will lead with it. When was the last time you saw CNN lead with positive stories of black accomplishment? If you are black, when was the last time you applauded the accomplishment of another black who didn’t play victim or have an edge of militancy earmarking said accomplishment?

Blacks are inculcated from the womb to believe that whites, especially conservatives, are out to get them. Living under that onus creates a debilitating vestige of rage, resentment and inferiority. In reality, whites, apart from liberals who trade on black immiseration, are not interested in holding blacks down or treating them unfairly. And in no way do they reference blacks in the same disparaging ways blacks do them.

But as renowned black author and poet Taalam Acey has said, “There’s a market for ni@##s.” Sadly, too many blacks don’t get it. They eagerly embrace the lies and myths about themselves.

In the documentary film “What Black Men Think,” producer Janks Morton debunks four major myths that blacks readily espouse as factual about themselves. Blacks (and whites alike) are taught and encouraged to blindly accept the myth that there are more black men in prison than in college. The truth is that, at the time the Justice Policy Institute report was released in 2002 that calcified this lie, there were 805,000 black men in college and 757,000 black men incarcerated. In 2005, Morton revisited the statistics and found that, of black men ages 18 to 24, there was a 4-to-1 ratio of black men in college juxtaposed to those incarcerated.

The media tell us that black men who are secretly bisexual explain the high incidence of black women contracting HIV/AIDS. The truth is 2 percent of HIV/AIDS cases among black women were contracted from black men. Furthermore, 50 percent of black women who died from AIDS contracted it from intravenous-drug use or sex with intravenous-drug users.

Another commonly held and readily accepted myth is that half of all black men do not graduate high school. The truth is, as Janks’ research proves, 78 percent of black males either graduated or received GEDs. And finally, Janks dispels the angry myth that a high percentage of black men marry white women – especially those who are successful. The truth is 5 percent of interracial marriages involving black men are with white women.

Every black group, including the NAACP, every news outlet, including CNN, and every individual have free access to the same government data Janks used to shatter these myths – yet blacks are encouraged to embrace these myths without question. The end result being angry cries of disenfranchisement.

How is it that people living in India and other foreign countries believe that nearly all blacks are drug dealers/users and criminals? Why is it that blacks are encouraged to resent and ridicule successful blacks that don’t ascribe to victimology?

The NAACP was prepared to honor the alleged and indicted pedophile R. Kelly with their image award until Project 21 made them think otherwise. Al Sharpton is in Jena, La., demanding that a young man, with an extensive criminal record, be released – calling his violent beating of another teen just a schoolyard fight. But he is scheduled to go to Virginia, where he will demand harsh penalties for the men and women who brutally assaulted two black women. You cannot have it both ways.

Many blacks may not like it, but all too often, when they’re not being their own worst enemies, they are giving their tacit stamp of approval for others to portray them that way. CNN has not done the black community any favors by trying to raise their dismal ratings at the expense of blacks.

It is time to stop feigning insult over nothing, and over that which could be avoided by appropriate behavior, and start promoting positive stories of blacks, regardless of their party affiliation. It is time to stop honoring malevolent anti-social behavior and victimology.

By Mychal Massie

REF:

http://www.akiit.com

No army can strike effectively if its forces are divided and fighting
against themselves.
Kwame Nkrumah
lucius13
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: upbeat

[*] posted on 10.2.2007 at 11:44 PM

The fact that you would come on here and defend Bill O offends me. What he said how ever the media took it was offensive, The fact that someone would say that he could not believe there was no one saying hey M-F, I want more tea in a Black owned restaurant shows that Bill O doesn't associate with many Blacks.

If you don't want my opinion then don't ask a question
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 10.2.2007 at 11:53 PM

The author of the OP should be called "Slick". Ingenuous dissemblement. :tu:

Only 2% of black women get AIDS from black men, but over half get it from either drug use or intravenous drug users? Does this mean that half that get it from intravenous drug users are sleeping with white "intravenous drug users" as only 2% get it from sleeping with black "men"... I know. Thinking about the convoluted allegations gives you a headache. :smh:

Sorry, but I believe conservative whites are out to get not just me, but all black people. Show me some proof to the contrary, please. btw, I have no rage, resentment and certainly NO inferiority possessing that knowledge. That's life in the U.S.

That nonsense about conservative whites (of all people!) DON'T disparage blacks? Puh-lese! Obviously the author doesn't know any whites, conservative or otherwise! :roll: Or perhaps the whole sentence is illuminating: "...in no way do they disparage blacks in the same way blacks do them." So black people are the problem, not whites. :yr:

The author makes a lot of claims, referencing them to Janks Morton, a documentarian most, I'd warrant, have never heard of. I'd LOVE to see those statistics he talks about. It would be wonderful if there were more black men in college than in prison. Of course, then he gets "slick" again when he says it's a lie that half of all black males drop out of high school. His proof is that half of those who drop out go back to get GEDs. "Slick". btw, in 2005, there were 4 black men in college to every black man (up to age 25) incarcerated? Lordly, if only that were true. PLEASE! Give us a link, something that backs this.... GOSPEL ... up! I'd love to spread the good news. But not on the word of "Slick"....

Only 5% of black men marry white women, the OP alleges. Could be true, since my links only talk about marrying "outside" the race. So I suppose that other 5% could be women of races other than white but not black.... But since he offers no links, no quotes, no overall "broken down" statics, I have to, again, be leery of his assertions.

Finally, I never honor malevolent social behavior. Nor do I honor smoke and mirrors, slight of hand, nor SLICK trickery.

hmurchison
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Kemetic

[*] posted on 10.3.2007 at 12:19 AM

Quote:

If it is negative, and/or if it makes blacks into victims, you can bet the evening news will lead with it. When was the last time you saw CNN lead with positive stories of black accomplishment? If you are black, when was the last time you applauded the accomplishment of another black who didn’t play victim or have an edge of militancy earmarking said accomplishment?

Where are the economic benefits of telling White America that blacks are doing well? Positive news stories don't do well for ratings and positive stories about blacks do even worse.

Quote:

Blacks are inculcated from the womb to believe that whites, especially conservatives, are out to get them. Living under that onus creates a debilitating vestige of rage, resentment and inferiority. In reality, whites, apart from liberals who trade on black immiseration, are not interested in holding blacks down or treating them unfairly. And in no way do they reference blacks in the same disparaging ways blacks do them.

A black child "should" be told that in America White Supremacy reigns and that they need to understand how things work. There may be whites that aren't actively promoting the denigration of blacks but "to sin by silence when we should protest makes a coward of us all". To do nothing when an injustice is happening on a large scale is almost like committing the crime itself. Where we fail our children is in recognizing the uphill battle and plotting and maintaining an effective action stategy that avoids the land mines.

Quote:

Every black group, including the NAACP, every news outlet, including CNN, and every individual have free access to the same government data Janks used to shatter these myths – yet blacks are encouraged to embrace these myths without question. The end result being angry cries of disenfranchisement.

Economics. Where's the money?

Quote:

How is it that people living in India and other foreign countries believe that nearly all blacks are drug dealers/users and criminals? Why is it that blacks are encouraged to resent and ridicule successful blacks that don’t ascribe to victimology?

These same people watch Jerry Springer and think that represents American culture. Black Americans need not worry about what some foreigners think.

Quote:

Many blacks may not like it, but all too often, when they’re not being their own worst enemies, they are giving their tacit stamp of approval for others to portray them that way. CNN has not done the black community any favors by trying to raise their dismal ratings at the expense of blacks.

Whites don't seek "approval" from blacks to do anything. If they wish to promote a story they do so in the way that benefits them. That fallacy is that blacks actually have control of their image over the airwaves when we do not own any large media companies. Blacks are at the mercy of whites when it comes to fashioning an "image"

Out of the vast media Empire...where is there a black owned establishment that is conscious about black issues that isn't the size of a gnat?

http://cjrarchives.org/tools/owners/

Quote:

It is time to stop feigning insult over nothing, and over that which could be avoided by appropriate behavior, and start promoting positive stories of blacks, regardless of their party affiliation. It is time to stop honoring malevolent anti-social behavior and victimology.

It's time to stop using tired terms stolen from whites like "victimology" and bring more to the table than re-heated literature leftovers spruced up with $50 words. If Janks so easily dispels the myths being blasted over the airways then clearly there is a "payoff" for misreprenting the truth. The story shouldn't be "Blacks are their own worst enemy" but rather the large media conglomerates, dominated by whites, refusal to produce accurate or positive information regarding blacks despite easy access to information. Thus it could be said that "Whites: Blacks worst enemy" would be closer to the proper title for such article.
Faheem

Mood: Got my steel in my right hand..

[*] posted on 10.3.2007 at 09:08 AM

It is not often that I dismiss an opinion based on whose opinion it is. However, Slave Boy Michael Massie is not worth a second more of my time! :io:

The most important question to consider when debunking racial mythology is not whether it is true. If a myth is to stand the test of time it has to contain at least some truth, but just throwing inconsistent facts at it doesn’t make it go away, either. The most important questions to ask in order to debunk powerful racial myths are what values do they transmit and whose interests do they serve?

http://blackintrospection.blogspot.com/[/align]
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Intel_One
Supreme Member

Mood: :butterfly:

[*] posted on 10.3.2007 at 04:31 PM

^I was just about to write that until I saw your post. Mychal Massie is a Black conservative Republican who is apart of Project 21. He's nothing more then a mouthpiece.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. We have an obligation to be intelligent.

Zachor et Yom Hashabbat Lekadsho
GeniusG
Gold Member

[*] posted on 10.3.2007 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tea_Honey
The author of the OP should be called "Slick". Ingenuous dissemblement. :tu:

Only 2% of black women get AIDS from black men, but over half get it from either drug use or intravenous drug users? Does this mean that half that get it from intravenous drug users are sleeping with white "intravenous drug users" as only 2% get it from sleeping with black "men"... I know. Thinking about the convoluted allegations gives you a headache. :smh:

74% of Black Women get HIV/AIDS from heterosexual intercourse. How many of those partners were Black "Men", I do not know. 24% get it from IDU.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/women/resources/factsheets/women.htm
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dnamademe
Quote:
In reality, whites, apart from liberals who trade on black immiseration, are not interested in holding blacks down or treating them unfairly. And in no way do they reference blacks in the same disparaging ways blacks do them.

As a Caucasian myself I feel I have to ask the question, do the black members of this forum view Liberals, Conservatives or both equally as the enemy to their aspirations?
As a caucasion, why are you trespassing on this "For Conscious Black People Only" site?

Jpierpont
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by dnamademe
Quote:
In reality, whites, apart from liberals who trade on black immiseration, are not interested in holding blacks down or treating them unfairly. And in no way do they reference blacks in the same disparaging ways blacks do them.

As a Caucasian myself I feel I have to ask the question, do the black members of this forum view Liberals, Conservatives or both equally as the enemy to their aspirations?
As a caucasion, why are you trespassing on this "For Conscious Black People Only" site?

How is he trespassing? The administration have let other non Black participate why not him?

I'm a man of the past and I'm living in the present and walking to the future"
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 11:42 AM

And many people break the rules and rob, rape and murder and get away with it. I only asked "why?" Everything else is as you say, on administration.

grrlie
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 11:42 AM

Ok.. Bill O'Reilly is a bigoted, narcissistic slime ball, but I read the full account of what was said during the Juan Williams conversation. What was reported was definitely out of context and has been taken the wrong way. He should be taken to task for his attacks and gross generaliztions of the hip-hop world, but not for the false impression given, from these out of context statements, that he believes all black people act like neaderthals that can't hold a fork.
Jpierpont
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
And many people break the rules and rob, rape and murder and get away with it. I only asked "why?" Everything else is as you say, on administration.

I'm just asking.
If there are other non Blacks on board he deserves to be around as much.

I'm a man of the past and I'm living in the present and walking to the future"
hmurchison
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Kemetic

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 12:16 PM

Quote:

To me that sounds like a pretty awful idea - we've had centuries of interracial resentment, segregation, hatred, violence - to impose this view on black children is surely the quickest way of indoctrinating a new generation into believing in the same kinds of resentment, segregation, hatred and violence.

Unless you are a black supremacist or you want to deliberately continually reopen old wounds then surely this is totally counter productive to your aims and ambitions.

My child is 5 years old. He does not have wounds to open. But as his father it is not only my right but my "duty" to inform him of the realities...the vagaries of life as a person of color in America. This isn't an attempt to have him hate anyone but to realize that for all intents and purposes it is wholly unnatural to have %8 of the Global population attempting to lead the other %92 without some sort of force and co-erscion. Hatred is for the weak. An educated and elightened human can easily differentiate the difference calling out what they see as immoral vs hating a person. If I say I hate white supremacy it simply means I have white supremacy an in no way correlates to any hatred of white individuals. One is a intangible system for the most part the other is a tangible person.

Quote:

Most white people I know - and I feel this way - hate racists and bigots - detest them - they make us angry, they disgust us and there is an active passion of hate against those who perpetrate the sickness of organized bigotry.

As do most blacks. It is the vocal minority that seek to divide and conquer for their own selfish gain. We ALL have to be more vigilant about combating ignorance which is in abundance here in America.

Quote:

That implies that white peoples opinions are formed entirely by the mass media but black peoples opinions are not - isn't that a racist attitude?

Yes the media is controlled largely by white people - but media is like any other business - it's consumer driven.

There is, therefore, a very powerful tool for all to use against the media - it's called the "OFF Switch".

I don't think that it implies anything about how blacks or whites absorb the message from media but rather speaks to the level of control one has. I don't expect a white to understand fully the issues that face black America anymore than I undertand the issues facing Asian or Latino Americans. Blacks simply need a channel that is unencumbered by non-black influence. Not because we hate non-blacks but because the message you tailor for your people should not have pressure coming from above to modify hte message in any way. I don't mind that there is a Stormfront White National website. Let people of a common ilk and mindset congregate peacefully.

Quote:

That seems sad to me - to make such a sweeping generalization which all but utterly obliterates any chance for interracial peace and harmony.

Peace and harmony come "after" communicaton happens with trust. It is unfair to blame whites but rather the oppression of white supremacy which survives unchecked by the powerful in this country.

Blacks have every reason to be upset. Our net worth is 8x lower than the typical black family. Incarceration rates are higher than almost any other racial category. We lag in adequate health care and education. The promotion of bi-racial women as "African American" in the media is divisive to us when there is a paucity of darker blacks moving ahead. Naming your child Raheem or Laquetha means that the response to a resume drops %30 versus the same resume with Sally or Peter as the name.

There problems are evident however ignoring them prohibits work on finding a solution.
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 10.5.2007 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jpierpont
Quote:

I'm just asking.
If there are other non Blacks on board he deserves to be around as much.

The Mission Statement says he doesn't "deserve" to be on board. I only asked why the hell is his white azz up in here in black folks' business?

Go To Top