0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Hair Grease
delectablelady

Mood: Living and loving life!

[*] posted on 8.26.2010 at 09:42 AM

no grease for me, but I do use light oils in my hair and scalp.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
southernphoenix

Mood: peachy

[*] posted on 12.28.2010 at 05:23 AM

I am not big on using hair grease. its too thick for me personally but i love using light oils and moisterizers. The stylist I believe was dead on. Hair grease causes dirt to stick which because our hair isnt shampooed everyday grinds into the hair follicle and therefore causes breakage. Plus It makes our hair so stiff depending on how much is used. Try out a few different oils, Im sure that u will love the way it feels, loos and smells. Plus your hair will be able to breathe!

once we learn to accept our unique differences, we can better understand and appreciate the ways we compliment each other
Chevron Dove

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12.28.2010 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Careyn
Quote:
Originally posted by msclassy
I use pure olive oil or olive oil sheen ...

My goddaughter turned me on to olive oil when she did my hair for me. I always keep it around for cooking, but didn't realize how soft it made my hair feel until she clued me in.

Really? hmh. Good information.

I agree that grease may not be good. I just remember how it smelled [Royal Crown] when my mother used to slab it on my scalp when I was young, and I remember how it made be feel when my head hit the pillow!

I like creamy moisterizers now. But now I wonder about olive oil and wonder if it is messy if it would run down into my face and neck and make me feel oily especially in the summertime. I wonder though now, how it will make my hair feel too. I might try some since I love to cook with it alot.

I guess I could go back to using some hot oil treatments and use olive oil in that way when I wash my hair. maybe I'll just do it that way and then rinse the residue out.
L281173

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 1.1.2011 at 02:17 PM

Grease is not the answer. Moisture is the key. Light creme dresses or light oils containing oils such as jojoba are the key to strong moisturizing.:jump:

Lakitha (the positive sista)
Tea_Honey
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: One Happy Camper

[*] posted on 1.1.2011 at 02:28 PM

Hair oil, hair grease. I've heard both used interchangeably. Maybe someone should explain the difference. :dunno:

msclassy
Lifetime Member

Mood: :angel:

[*] posted on 1.21.2011 at 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chevron Dove
Quote:
Originally posted by Careyn
Quote:
Originally posted by msclassy
I use pure olive oil or olive oil sheen ...

My goddaughter turned me on to olive oil when she did my hair for me. I always keep it around for cooking, but didn't realize how soft it made my hair feel until she clued me in.

Really? hmh. Good information.

I agree that grease may not be good. I just remember how it smelled [Royal Crown] when my mother used to slab it on my scalp when I was young, and I remember how it made be feel when my head hit the pillow!

I like creamy moisterizers now. But now I wonder about olive oil and wonder if it is messy if it would run down into my face and neck and make me feel oily especially in the summertime. I wonder though now, how it will make my hair feel too. I might try some since I love to cook with it alot.

I guess I could go back to using some hot oil treatments and use olive oil in that way when I wash my hair. maybe I'll just do it that way and then rinse the residue out.

I use a smalll amount in my hair...it's really light.

I just started using Argon Oil as a hot oil treatment... I am undecided if I like it or not...

"destined, determined, dreamer''
An unexamined life is not worth living. -Socrates
browngrl86
Supreme Member

Mood: I'm alive, blessed.......AND LOVIN IT!!!!:dance:

[*] posted on 4.21.2011 at 11:40 AM

Use oils...natural oils like olive, almond, carrot, etc. NOT mineral oils, petroleum, etc. PLEASE look at the ingredients on the back of the jar. Just because it says "100% natural"or something, doesn't mean it's healthy.

No God, no peace

Know God, know peace
NY_writer
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4.24.2011 at 04:48 PM

in all honesty it depends on the hair texture. I use taliah wadjid it is like a hair grease and my hair is just fine

"You think it is easier to forget about your troubles when the trouble is destroying you"

-U2 'The Troubles'
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top