Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Poll: If your S/O cheated on you, would you give them a second chance?
Yes, people make mistakes --- 14 (53.85%)
Oh HAAAIILLL NO, that's inexcusable --- 12 (46.15%)

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: If your S/O cheated on you, would you give them a second chance?
GeniusG
Gold Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.20.2007 at 01:46 AM

Forgiving a cheater is foolish. Cheating is one of the highest forms of disrespect, and cheaters can bring a disease back from their little excursion. If you forgive them, you deserve everything they give you.
tanisha
I Angered The CL Gods

[*] posted on 3.30.2007 at 02:44 AM

noope my baby boys baby daddy ddid that to me an di havent sspoke to him since

united states wassnt made for us

yall no tthe rules fall back or fall back

that psyccho bitch
Nikkay8
Lifetime Member

Mood: Feelin' Sexxxy ;)

[*] posted on 3.31.2007 at 01:11 AM

I agree with Msclassy... You can' say yay or nay until you cross that bridge. What's the couples history...? The odds of you forgiving someone is a lot greater if you had -say 5 years opposed to 5 months...or a year even...By then you should know if it's in their character- & yo also know who that person is.. Now if they do it, you forgive them and it's only been a few months you're asking for it. They are showing you their character upfront- and you're ignoring it. Again, I say.. depends on the situation.. other things had to be answered before you can say yes or no.

If I were you... I'd hate me too.
NotHerAgain

[*] posted on 3.31.2007 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coolbreeze
I'd give the guy his papers and tell him to walk. I'm sorry, cheating is unacceptable to me. My tolerance level for that kind of thing is zero. If there are some things that the guy is unhappy about he should tell me, and if i am committed to that relationship, i as his partner should be dedicated to making sure that i address the issues that he has to the best of my ability. If he just goes out there and cheats, i wont be able to trust him and without trust, there is nothing.

right. same here. there is no excuse for it. mistakes like that don't just happen. you happily consent to it.
i'm big on self control and i'll be damned if i'm gonna make excuses for someone who can't control themselves.
now of course it's easy for me to type this not being in the situation but honestly, i don't think i could sit around and forgive after i've been cheated on.
Confucius08
Lifetime Member

Mood: My mood is always...WTF?

[*] posted on 3.31.2007 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsMellow
Quote:
Originally posted by Coach707
Is cheating the absolute worse thing a partner could do to you?

Second time I straight showed the brotha the door and never gave a second chance a second thought. I had complete faith in the concept that Karma would avenge me. Unfortunately after I showed him the door, he continued his relationship with the girl he cheated on me with. He's dead now....she ended up killing him.

MsMellow, not to disregard the rest of your post but :wow::wow::wow::wow:

The one thing that I do agree and disagree with you and Water on is: does it matter if someone is married they are cheating? I understand the sanctity of God thing but a man's/woman's word should be their word. If two people are in a committed relationship and the rules are clear, neither person should cheat.

But dang....that chick killed him. He might have been cheating :dunno:

"South Florida can bite the Big One"
Confucius08
Lifetime Member

Mood: My mood is always...WTF?

[*] posted on 3.31.2007 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeniusG
Forgiving a cheater is foolish. Cheating is one of the highest forms of disrespect, and cheaters can bring a disease back from their little excursion. If you forgive them, you deserve everything they give you.

I know that life is more complicated than that but overall I agree w/you on this.

"South Florida can bite the Big One"
PassaFist
Supreme Member

Mood: Bautiful, Blessed & Highly Favored

[*] posted on 4.30.2007 at 10:51 PM

No. Get ta steppin! My love is whole, total and complete. If it was meant to be trampled then I would have thrown it before swine. And if you trample it...apparently I did. And I don't live, love or lay with swine.

“Nothing pains some people more than having to think.” –Martin Luther King, Jr
“The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.” - Alan Ashley-Pitt
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
Live Simply, So Others May Simply Live. http://zenhabits.net/start/
Μολὼν λαβέ
devans00
Gold Member

Mood: Jus Chillin'

[*] posted on 5.1.2007 at 11:36 PM

Cheating on someone is such a fundamental lack of respect for the other person, I don't think it could be overcome. Trust is one of the foundation blocks of a successful relationship. If you don't have it, then why is everyone wasting their time in a pretend relationship?

If someone wants to play the field, they should not be in a committed relationship. Bottom line.

To the cheater I say, "Grow up and take responsibility for your actions. Stop being so selfish for a minute. Yeah, it's hard to break up. Yeah, it's not fun to hurt the person you committed to but it's better than lying to them. Do yourself and your serious partner a favor. Officially move on instead of playing them for a fool."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If a man points at the moon, an idiot will look at the finger. -- Sufi wisdom

Knowledge develops through the conflict of viewpoints. -- Walter Gilbert
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/devans00/Devans00_AgentOrange_468_x_89.gif
Make a small loan, Make a big difference - http://www.kiva.org/
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
BklynJawn
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: :butt:

[*] posted on 5.2.2007 at 11:59 AM

A boyfriend - No way!!! No discussion! No questions. Don't care what the circumstances were! I'd never be able to trust and the relationship would go down the tube.

A husband - I'd try my hardest to work it out and over come the struggles that are sure to follow.

A mistake is something you have control over. An accident is beyond your control. Know the difference!!
BrownBomber
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: good

[*] posted on 5.12.2007 at 08:32 AM

No...I did that once and she only went out and did it again.From that day to this i have told myself never again.If i don't know about it,i am blissfully unaware...But once i got wind of it,she is gone and so am I.
MsMellow
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Feel like flyin' away. How many more good deeds I gotta do before I get my wings?

[*] posted on 5.12.2007 at 01:25 PM

Point is, no matter how anybody feels about the act it's self you can't control somebody else's actions. You can't stop ANYONE from cheating on you if that's what they want to do....plain and simple. Is it fair? No....but sometimes life isn't fair. So if it happens all you can do is man up or woman up and handle your business, because no one can tell YOU the manner in which to react when it happens to you either. Your decision might be different from the next persons, but at the same time your circumstances may be altogether different as well.

To each their own....that's what it boils down to. :dunno:

So far 52.94% of the people here who took this poll WOULD forgive their partner.

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember...all Im offering is the truth, nothing more. ~ Morpheus The Matrix

The Red Pill
Blue Pill
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
MzGoldie
Gold Member

Mood: Content

[*] posted on 8.8.2007 at 11:37 PM

Trust is broken, that's a bad situation. Other circumastances, ofther dictate if people remain together. Personally I would not stay. :noway:

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. - Aristotle
babybear
Platinum Member

Mood: Beautiful

[*] posted on 8.27.2007 at 08:20 PM

I most certainly would NOT! Because I would never be able to trust that person again..... and I can't be with someone I don't trust.

I'm Just Me :coffee:
caramel2u
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8.27.2007 at 11:57 PM

really, what difference does it make if i love you? if you don't love me,RESPECT me,this relationship is not going to work.

my self worth is not tied up in your acceptence of me !
Tandenwill

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12.7.2007 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coolbreeze
I'd give the guy his papers and tell him to walk. I'm sorry, cheating is unacceptable to me. My tolerance level for that kind of thing is zero. If there are some things that the guy is unhappy about he should tell me, and if i am committed to that relationship, i as his partner should be dedicated to making sure that i address the issues that he has to the best of my ability. If he just goes out there and cheats, i wont be able to trust him and without trust, there is nothing.

This is how I feel wholeheartedly, and what I want to happen if ever in that situation, but the reality is that I have after some time taken back the cheaters in my past because I loved him :yikes:

So depending on how much I have invested emotionally in the relationship is my answer towards second chances.

Third chances, definately not. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME!

Mom to:
Dayna 20
Danay 16 &
Taren 6
Grandmom to "Deuce" 2/20/08
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/Tandenwill/1206279250.jpg
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top