Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  ..  5  6  7
Author: Subject: Coach's Corner
Coach707
Platinum Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.31.2008 at 12:28 PM

QOD: "We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own."

Mission: To live my life through my unlimited imagination instead of my limited memory.

Vision: I am what I am because of the decisions I made yesterday. Today I choose otherwise.

I met a sexy young thang Saturday night at a social gathering! 5'5/5'6 butter pecan skin, short hair cut into a cute style, had a nice shape and all! She was on the thin side.... Probably 120 lbs at the most!

I will admit, she was sexy in a "everyday girl" kinda way... She had a tattoo of Chinese letters going down her spine that was looking OH SO GOOD! Especially with drinks in the air!

She seemed a bit SHY despite the fact that her friends were practically THROWING her at me..... Maybe thats why she was more on the reserved side??

Anyway, I gave her my number at the end of the night.... I guess she's busy, or playing the "wait" game. I wonder if she's gonna call??????

I thought about doing more interacting with her DURING the party on the way home.... I didnt play the situation right at ALL! Here I was in the midst of a nice, pretty, respectable young lady whose friends are practially saying "HERE!" and I played the cool guy...

too cool to make HER make it a priority to give me a call!

Whats wrong with me Brotha Passa?? I guess its safe to say that my first impression was WEAK! Although I was LOOKING pretty fly that night... :lol:

It was more of a social gathering style party... Didnt seem to be the time, nor place for two people to focus on getting to know each other... But I still could have done more talking... All I got to find out is her name and where I know her from.. (We went to the same high school! She graduated 2 years before me.)

I aint gonna stress it... I believe she'll call... Its funny how women play this wait game crap!:lol:

................. Ummm, Well, I.... ?And then...:wd::sleep: OH!

This KID at work is annoying me right now....:kickass: Askin me OVER AND OVER to call her mom!! Little girl, for the 15th TIME!! the answer is...:smh:

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

!AHTORB YM NOISSIM YM IS NEM LLA TCEPSER DNA EVOL WOHS OT

Of course we want to find solutions to our problems, but when what we want conflicts with what we expect, we always get what we expect, not what we want.

Im sorry, but I am all for self...... Self reverence, self knowledge, and self control.

"Some of the biggest failures in the world are those who have never failed."

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is why so few people do it."

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 4.23.2008 at 09:31 AM

Ok, I live in what most would consider the "hood." Although there are a lot of Hispanic people living in my apartment complex it is surrounded by mainly black folks. So, it surprised the heck out of me to meet my new neighbor… A white guy said he had recently been discharged from the Army and had served in Iraq, etc… He seemed cool as ever! I invited him into my home.. We had a drink together, and we sat out on my front porch and talked for a couple of hours. Im always up for meeting new people, so I was open to the idea of hanging out with the guy and all… But, upon having a little too much to drink, he started acting a little strange…. I've been out drinking with white folks so I know how they act. Not a big deal to me… Then, a couple of his friends came over. So we all sat on my porch and talked, and continued to drink…

This guy started using the "N" word like there was no tomorrow! I mean it got to the point to where he stood up and SHOUTED it over the ledge of my balcany!! I have never literally heard a white man say [Censored] so many times in my LIFE! Come to find out… He was pissed off because a black man got promoted to Sergeant over him, so he's pissed off with US NIGGERS because we have more rights and privileges than HE DOES!! THEN the black jokes start coming out… Now, mind you I have been sitting here on my porch for about 2-3 hours with these people. And for the past 30 minutes he has been using the N word like its going out of style. He then asked me, "I bet you want to kick my azz don’t you?" "I know how you "N" like to FIGHT!" LMAO…

I said now wait a minute! First of all, the word [Censored] that you cant seem to stop using has NO POWER as far as I am concerned. So, if you're using it to try to get a rise out of me YOU HAVE failed! Second, I want you to know that if you would have met me 2 years ago you would have ALREADY had a well whipped azz! So consider yourself lucky bro.. Finally, I hope that you understand what is going on here! You are a classic example of how IGNORANT some people are, and I hope that you seek professional help if you cant deal with your problems on your own.

His friends shook my hand and told me that they have NEVER witnessed so much patience under so much pressure…. They asked me if I was a preacher, or some type of counselor or something… The guy interrupted them and said, "AHHH HE'S JUST A GOOD [Censored]!" LMAO! At this point I was done, I shook the guy's hand, and told him good night!

Sista, I wish I could describe how I felt throughout the situation and, even how I feel right now talking about it! I feel so POWERFUL to have been able to keep my hands to myself! LOL.. Did I think about beating the hell outta all of them? ABSOLUTELY! But, wouldn’t I have proven them right about us? I realize that some people may think im a fool! Who puts up with such blatant disrespect and smile and shakes that man's hand??? But honestly, I feel more powerful! I feel that If I have the courage to stare the devil in the face then I can do ANYTHING! Sista, we know how they feel.. We know that they use this type of crap as a tactic, so WHY would I continue to allow ignorance to beget ignorance? Life gave me a very special test last night, and I passed with flying colors, but most importantly I feel that it showed me that I am more of a man than I give myself credit for! This “test” made my day today… As I come to work at a predominantly white public school and look at the faces of so many white people I feel GREAT! I smile and greet and walk around with my head up high because I know something that they don’t want me to know……. THEY FEAR ME! They fear my potential… They realize what I am capable of… They know that I am smarter, stronger, more athletic, more masculine, and more MAN than they are on their BEST DAY. So, they plot on me… They scheme psychological tactics to try to level the playing field! LOL… They lost one last night… Look, Im sorry for writing a novel, but I just feel so ALIVE right now… We are suppose to live to seek answers to those mysterious questions… Those things that we don’t understand so we evade…

Most importantly sista, want you to know that I am proud of YOU! I recognize the struggle.. I know the pain that black men have put women through, but I also see how the game is being played and I just wish more brothas could put on these GLASSES.

Finally, Im gonna leave you with a quote from Think and Grow Rich:

“Inside every adversity there is a seed of an equal or GREATER success! Trust that!

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Of course we want to find solutions to our problems, but when what we want conflicts with what we expect, we always get what we expect, not what we want.

Im sorry, but I am all for self...... Self reverence, self knowledge, and self control.

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.2.2008 at 06:41 AM

I feel good about how things are... I awake this morning in great spirits. Its amazing to me how the things that are the most practical produce the most astonishing results! If we only knew how to believe less in outside sources and more in inner strength, peace, and love.

Who am I? Am I defined by the job title given to me by another man's company? Am I those racial expletitives that many ignorant people continue to cling to in reference to the color of my skin? Am I truly a no, good, lying, cheating dog as some women choose to exclaim, and generalize due to their past experiences with a man who resembled me? Am I that man? Am I a reflection of the dope man on the corner, the pimp, the thug, and the convict? Am I the American Dream? How must the American Dream be redefined to suit the needs of each individual?

The game of life seems to be a copycat league... Its funny how we unite when it comes to the most irrelevant things.... Fashion, music, partying and bulls*it, etc... But why cant we unite when it matters most? When it comes to family, community service and saftety, relationships/marriage, economics, etc.. We tend to drift away....

Where's the love? Why do we watch the hate?

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.12.2008 at 12:46 PM

There IS more than meets the eye in reference to our young black boys in "at risk" situations and communities... No excuses for these young men... They all must be held accouable for those irrational, illogical, peer pressured, and many times DUMB decisions they make.... They must understand the MICROSCOPE, and the pressure it brings as well as the power it can possess if utilized in the correct way.... I just had a young man "reach out" to me... All he wanted to do was have someone... preferably a black male LISTEN to him. I did, and he had a lot to say... He had even more that he probably wanted to say but didnt know how..... He said a lot of things that I understood oh so well, It hasnt been all that long ago when I was 16 years old. And despite things being so different growing up in the 21st century, the life of a young black male still revolves around recognition from doing well in SOMETHING, acceptance from family and friends, and GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS!! All subjects were touched on by this young man.... Im glad that he chose to seek me out.. I hope that I provided an extra boost of motivation to continue on his journey.... Too many black boys, not enough guidance and wisdom.... Too many black boys, not enough understanding, encouragement, and paitnence... Too many black boys, not enough time, respect, and love! Its amazing to me how intelligent these young men actually are once they take off the armor... It really is a war going on. And it is imperative that we get our black boys to understand that the war within is the war worth fighting the most.....

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 2.15.2009 at 09:07 AM

QOD: "Let others build a tomb with their clay. I will build a castle with mine."

Mission: To live my life through my unlimited imagination instead of my limited memory."

Vision: "I am what I am because of the decisions I made yesterday. Today I choose otherwise."

Its been quite some time since I came through with some thoughts to share. My apologies for that. I realize how important it is for me to sort out the thoughts in my mind, and keeping my committment to a running journal is essential. So much is going on right now....

My son (Jr.) will be 2 years old in July. This kid is BONKERS! why didnt anyone warn me??? How could a person so young have so much personality? Its been a joy to watch him grow and explore! What shocks me the most is how impressionable kids are... I guess I never realized it with other people's kids, but you gotta watch what you say and do around them because kids pick up on the strangest things.... He LOVES cell phones, OLDER WOMEN, and sitting in the drivers seat of cars so he can steer the wheel!:lol: What have I got myself into????:lol:

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
 Pages:  1  ..  5  6  7

Go To Top