Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Coach's Corner
Coach707
Platinum Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4.17.2007 at 08:49 AM

On yesterday, I met someone fascinating! I met A young lady who had a successful heart transplant. I was in awe of her humbling and positive spirit. It kind of put things in perspective even MORE for me. So many people walk around complaining about the silliest of things, when there are people who are true survivors with legitimate gripes who seem to keep their head up high and can seem to be positive despite their circumstances. This young lady inspired me. I think it would do everyone some good to be in the presence of someone who had to go through something as dramatic as a heart transplant. It definitely makes you reluctant to complain about little stuff.

On other notes, I am having some of the best days in my life. I am a soon to be father. (T2 COMING SOON!) Yep, I have decided to name him junior. Why not? I want him to have something to be proud of. A tradition to pass down to his son, and his son pass down to his son.

Things are great and I am becoming more positive, but I know that its still a work in progress. Sometimes I catch myself thinking negative thoughts and have to tell myself "no." I know first hand how powerful the suc-conscious mind is, but I also believe that it can be re-programmed if a person is willing to make the effort.

Coach

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

!AHTORB YM NOISSIM YM IS NEM LLA TCEPSER DNA EVOL WOHS OT

Of course we want to find solutions to our problems, but when what we want conflicts with what we expect, we always get what we expect, not what we want.

Im sorry, but I am all for self...... Self reverence, self knowledge, and self control.

"Some of the biggest failures in the world are those who have never failed."

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is why so few people do it."

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.3.2007 at 08:49 AM

Man Im like..:qt: right now.

These longer work days have me not wanting to get oit of the bed in the morning. Im still kinda sleepy. Other than the boredom I have had a pretty plesant day so far. Im sittin here thinking about :duke: and :rump: :lol:

Havent had any in awhile.....

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Of course we want to find solutions to our problems, but when what we want conflicts with what we expect, we always get what we expect, not what we want.

Im sorry, but I am all for self...... Self reverence, self knowledge, and self control.

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.10.2007 at 10:14 AM

I was a little out of touch with reality yesterday because I had to make a HUGE decision about my educational future. After sleeping on it and reaffirming my values and beliefs, I am confident with my decision and I trust myself with making the best of my life..... Today I feel great! I have been reading inspirational and informative information all morning and it has awakened my sub-conscious to the infinite possibilities connected with the route I have decided to take.... This positive thinking stuff has become a habit now! Since I implemented it in my life, I have witnessed subtle changes in my overall demeanor. Im smiling more and more everyday (something that I used to RARELY do!) and I can sense that others are attracted to a optimistic spirit.

I cant believe I spent over 2 decades allowing life to live ME..... I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I discovered the true meaning of life at all because I know there are many people who died not knowing the truth, as well as there are many people who are living who are in the same situation.

WOMEN! Man, I have been single for about 8 months now and you know how I feel about that, but I still seem to only be able to relate to women. I believe that there are positive brothas out there who are looking to network with other like minded brothas, but I just dont meet any. I am more likely to have a intelligent conversation about life, relationships, politics or current events wth a young lady, and I am more likely to meet guys who like to hoop, or play video games or chase women! I dont believe that a man and a woman can just be friends. If one or both finds each other attractive, and they are able to communicate well eventually somebody is going to catch feelings....

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.14.2007 at 08:43 AM

Man, I had a great weekend! That sucker flew by though...:dunno: I still cant believe how fast the time went.

You know, perception is a funny thing. Many dont realize it, but it is very powerful and many of life's issues revolve around how WE perceive the situation. I sometimes suffer from the same disease. It took a close friend to open my eyes to the progress I have made and the amazing opportunities that I have been offered. That person made me realize that I am too hard on myself, and although I didnt think it was true, I was only concenred with end results. I always knew that I should value the journey because thats truly what life is about, but I not see that there are many different levels to self evaluation, and more often than not my perception or self evaluation is totally different from the actual events that are taking place. In the past I have complined about not having opportunities come my way. I have even allowed those feelings to victimize myself, but I find it quite odd that I fail to realize a golden opportunity when one is given to me. makes me wonder about the opportunities I didnt value or didnt see as a true opportunity at that time, and how much I have missed out on because of this way of thinking. I want to change my life, and I know that in order to do so I need to re-condition my mind. As I reminisce on things that have been hapening to me recently, I realize that many opportunities were missed. However, I will not cry over spilled milk. I look forward to this new awareness, and I will now look at EVERY situation wheter its bad or good as an opportunity!

Right now, I am 2 months away from being a first time father, I have been given the opportunity to be an apprentice to a man who has been a social entrepenuer for 20 years! With him as my mentor, and my daily reinforced and constantly imporoving values I will not only reach my goals and fulfill my dreams, I have the power to live beyond my imaginiation. Imagine that!

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.16.2007 at 10:03 AM

Wow, the summer is approaching fast! I know Im gonna be running around like crazy this summer. There's a lot going on with me on the external, and the internal........ Well mentally Im still Mr. 1,000 thoughts a minute. Today Im thinking.........

My grandfather, who was basically the father figure in my life passed away like 5 years ago. I wonder what type of relationship we would have now? I wonder if he is proud of the progress I have made as a person? I wonder how he would access the choices I have made in my life. After he died, his wife and I had words with each other and they werent very nice.....:argue: I was pissed off because she was using my dead grandfather as fuel to score points or something in the community and amongst the family. Talking about how if it werent for her he would be nothing, and spreading rumors about the negative things he did while he was here. I am not proud of my actions, but she got what was coming to her. She's one of these "holy rollers" who will smile in a person's face and talk about them behind their back. I dont know why Im thinking about this. That was 5 years ago. In hindsight, and even now that I have become a man of distinction I feel that something had to be said to her. I just dont like to way the situation turned out. I havent spoken to her since then. I dont care about what she thinks, I just wonder if my grandfather would approve of what went down.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of having dinner with a female friend, her friend, and her friend's boyfriend. You talk about dysfunctional relationship! I couldnt understand how a woman who is so intelligent and ambitious could settle for someone who hardly scratches the surface and doesnt act like he wants to try!:wtf: And she loves him, so all she does is complain...... Women please stop allowing LOSERS to contaminate your mind about black men. Please stop holding on to dead end relationships that will ultimately leave you bitter and cold hearted. Some of the stuff she was saying led me to believe that this young lady was one issue away from becoming a lesbian. My friend told me that she had been losing hair, and has been having health problems!:wow: OVER A MAN!!?? Thats just insane. And she is a beautiful person...... Honestly, Look I cant lie...:hi:

Man I would hit it on a flag pole at univeral studios. Man:hi: in the back of a pick-up truck with some cowboy boots on! Man:hi: on the back of the coutch with a bowl of honey nut cheerios in one hand and a fist full of her micro braids in the other!

:hehe::wd::qt: Sorry, Im bored!

Most people think in terms of sexuality when they think about a man wanting to sleep with a woman. But I was turned on by her passion for her beliefs and her intelligence! Im telling you, it made me wanna:hump: despite the fact that her dide was there and she was good friends with my friend girl!

Oh well, I guess this was just a fantasy. But I dont care, if ole girl ever comes at me in anyway :hi:

:whistle: Yep, I guess I am a heathen!:dunno:

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.21.2007 at 11:37 AM

1 more week of school left! man did this school year fly by! Im planning on taking a trip this up-coming weekend just to get away from it all for awhile. I was thinkning about ATL, but now Im not sure....

Im just looking forward to a busy summer. There's a lot going on right now, and although I am optimistic I sometimes wonder how I will manage it all.

Im ready to go home!!:qt::qt: I could use a power nap too.....

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 5.23.2007 at 08:37 AM

Quote for the day:

"The enemy of the best is the good."

Dude, I do not understand my baby's mother! This Monday I took some paperwork over to her house for her to fill out for her son (he still my step-son!) to go to the summer camp at the youth center where Im working at for the summer. She knows that we are in spring football right now, and I dont get off until late in the evening, yet she text me this morning saying, "Have you changed your mind about Zach and summer camp?":headscratch::headscratch: I text back asking what would make her come to this conclusion?:headscratch: Maybe I assume too much. Or maybe she is a control freak who cant stand the feeling of NOT knowing the details of every friggin move thats being made around her!!:smh::drink: I mean its only Wednesday!:frustrated: School is not even out yet, and the camp starts one week AFTER school lets out..... I told her all this information, so I dont understand whats the issue. Mama taught me better, but sometimes I just wanna :spank:

Other than the above, the past couple of days have been wonderful!:dance: Only two days left until school is out?:headscratch: Where the heck did the time go? During the summer my time on the CL will be minimal due to not being stuck in a classroom all day! Thats kind of a bitter-sweet feeling. I am really excited about the possibilities this summer. I get a chance to be active and involved in the community, and with the children who might not see positive male role models everyday. Thats a great feeling:rock: I also know that this job is going to be a challenge and it will open doors for other opportunities for me! I CANT WAIT!!!:power:

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 8.30.2007 at 11:52 AM

Quote of the day: "There are no limitations to the mind except those that we acknowledge."

Today was a good day, even though Im sitting here like....:qt::qt: I cant WAIT for football practice to start. I think we're going to be pretty good this year. I dont really have musch more to say. Im just a man trying to balance work, football, and a newborn son.

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 9.17.2007 at 08:21 AM

Quote of the day: "You never realize what you had, till what you had you lose!"

Change is a BIG challenge. Some changes seem to occour with moderate effort, and little thought and sacrifice, and then there's those changes that you vow to make and seem to ALWAYS fall off track. For me, diet and exercise is in the latter category. I must admit, when it comes to maintaining a diet and exercise schedule I lack discipline!!

Baby mama is on the campaign trail right now! It has finally dawned on her that she had a "good man" and she never game him the respect or appreciation that he deserved. I resent the fact that it took a change of address/distance from her son, whom I cared for like he was my own, AND my new-born son for her to realize what she had. A few days ago I had a terrible dream. It was something about her re-locating to another state, and she was taking my son with her!!:wtf: I dont even want to think about that.:no:

I dont understand people. Why make things so complicated? She had a good thing, SHE messed it up, and now im supposed to trust her when she says she understands EVERYTHING I WAS SAYING while we were together??:headscratch: As if we can ask life for a "do-over" and pretend that nothing ever happened...... I dont think I could do that. I ask myself how could I ever trust her again? It goes without being said that I would rather be ALONE than to be in a relationship simply for comfort, or for the sake of my child. Then I think about the dream I had. In the dream, she was moving because of some guy that she met and supposedly "loved." I aint got no problem with that, but my son needs to be in MY life. I dont think I could forsee anyone raising my son. Im not one of those guys who doesnt want to see his baby's mama with another man. I figure, if a dude can put up with her then he seserves to be with her, but I just cant see my son calling another man D-A-D-D-Y!!

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 9.20.2007 at 09:13 AM

Quote of the day: "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."-Aundre Lorde

I am truly a blessed individual. I have learned some of life's most important "rules of engagement" well before my 26th B-day. (Nov. 8th) I choose to appreciate the journey. Im no longer obsessed with worrying about the "results," perhaps its because I am not able to identify progress even in the smallest form. In the past, I didnt value minor improvements or small changes. Perhaps I didnt pay enough attention to deail. I do know that I was looking at lie in all the wrong ways. All I cared about was instant gratification. I wanted something to happen right NOW!:lol: I have also learned not to take myself so seriously. I never thought that learning to laugh at one's self and the ability to relax was a skill, but it was for me!

On another note....... Dude, I met this young lady a few days ago. Man, she is f-kin gorgeous!!!:drool: 23, NO KIDS, brown skin, about 5'7, LONG, BEAUTIFUL, NATURAL HAIR, thin waist, and hips and ass that made a brotha say WHOA!:shades::eyebrow: And the funny thing is, she seems to be into ME???????:pd::wtf: It caught me off guard because I stereotype pretty girls, (and I know I shouldnt, but I do) so I was NOT expefcting her to be the exception!! She's VERY humble, very intelliegent, confident but she's one of those women who doesnt realize just how beautiful she really is. She thinks she's "average." Im thinking...:ummm: AVERAGE?? Anyway, Im not the type of guy who jumps into relationships with women because they are good looking. There was a time when I did, but things have changed. If she is seriously interested in me, she will NOT get any special treatment just because she is physically/visually electrifying!!:drool: It will make her resume look impressive though.:nod: I digress...... We talked on the phone for hours during the past two days. We dont live in the same city, or state so I cant really see it going past the friendship level. But man, she is so swwweet. Makes a brotha want to:flowers:

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 9.21.2007 at 11:47 AM

Quote of the day: "Today a thousand doors of enterprise are open to you, inviting you to useful work. To live at this time is an inestimable privilege, and a sacred obligation devolves upon you to make right use of your opportunities. Today is the day in which to attempt and achieve something worthwhile."

TGIF!!! :rock::hamma:

Seems like the week went by so fast! But anyway, the theme for today, and hopefully from now on is TAKING ACTION. I have been reading motivational books for awhile now, I understand the concepts throuroughly, I just think that there is still SOME fear that remains when dealing with unknown outcomes and circumstances! Sometimes I feel like Im sleeping on MYSELF!:sleep: The quote above says a mouth full. I owe it to my membership within the greatest nation to take action! To step out on that limb of uncertainty. If I wish to acheive all of the things for myself and my family that I sit here thinking about then I MUST overcome the fear of failure. Bottom line: I gotta make something happen!!

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 9.25.2007 at 09:34 AM

Quote of the day: "Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention."

Vision: "To live my life through my unlimited imagination instead of my limited memory."

Mission: "I am who I am because of the decisions I made yesterday. Today I choose otherwise!"

I aint the one to get frustrated about much, but NOTHING pisses me off more than to see a kid who has all the potential in the world only do just enough to get by...... This is not my son, but he's another young black brotha who is confused and needs guidance!

Brilliant student according to his teachers, but it doesnt reflect in his work because he is too busy trying to be that "cool" guy in class EXCEPTIONAL athlete, but he is manipulative and thinks that talent alone will allow him to reach his goals......

I have encouraged him from day one, but it seems that talking, being "assertive," giving him examples from MY life, and talking to him about the poor choices he makes doesnt do any good......

He's not MY kid, I am just his football coach. He's the most respectable kid when he's around me, but when he's in class (according to his teachers) its a different story.

I guess when I think about it, I am more than just his football coach. I understand that I am somewhat of a trailblazer! Its a fact that black athletes, especially football players outnumber any other racial group 3 to 1 in high school, college and professional programs, yet you could count the black coaches in college and the pros on one hand! I know from personal experience that as long as you maintain a 2.0, most coaches dont care about what you do academically.... As long as you can play, they dont have any issues. Arent I doing this young black boy a favor by not allowing him to settle for subpar standards in the classroom?

And what pisses me off is that he acts like he's doing all the right things when I talk to him, but Im getting e-mails almost DAILY about his behavior. Granted, its minor things (talking, turning around in his seat, being the class clown, etc.) but its obviously effecting his performance in the classroom........:dunno:

Other than that, my day is going excellent!! :hamma::hamma:

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 9.27.2007 at 11:36 AM

Quote or the day: "Your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience, and understanding [and thus] to develop your capacity for compassion."

Vision: "To live my life through my unlimited imagination instead of my limited memory."

Mission: "I am what I am because of the decisions I made yesterday. Today I choose otherwise!"

My day is going excellent! :clap: I must say that the week seemed to FLY by! Its already almost Firday. Not a whole lot going on that's worth talking about.... I kinda feel bad because I forgot that yesterday was a good friend of mine's birthday...... She was not happy to say the least!

My son is getting BIG!! He's 8 weeks old now, going on 18 years old! This lil boy will hold his own bottle if he gets impatient with YOU!!!:headscratch: Im going to have to post some pics here on the CL so that they can see the lil man! Boy I tell ya, who knew something so special to me would come out of what I thought was the worse time in my life! He's even more of a reason why I strive to become a better person. More motivation to achieve everything that I set out to do........

Its tough not being in the same home with him, but I make it work the best that I can. Maaaannnn, daycare is kickin my AZZ!!! But its good though. I cant describe the feeling I get when he's staring into my eyes.........

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 9.28.2007 at 09:21 AM

Quote of the day: "The world has a habit of making room for a man who's words and actions show that he knows where he is going."

So many people spend so much time worrying about personal relationships with other people, when the toughest relationship to master is with THYSELF! Hell, its an everyday struggle to stay in control and continue to grow individually, so I dont even want to THINK about trying to take it there with another person! I am my toughest critic, my most bitter rival, my own adversary, I am standing in my own way.......

You think a relationship with a man/woman is tough..... try REALLY getting to know yourself!

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
Coach707
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 10.3.2007 at 12:36 PM

Quote of the day: "Every shot you don't take is a guaranteed miss."

Mission: "I am who I am because of the decisions I made yesterday. Today I choose otherwise."

Damn Im....:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: I shouldnt have stayed out as late as I did last night.:smh: Pretty good day all in all. I guess this must be a sign of getting older, cause I use to stay up till 1 or 2 in the morning and get up early with no problem..... Now if I dont get to bed by at least 11 Im dragging through the day! I cant believe its already Wednesday! This week is going by too fast... I guess thats a good thing.

W.I.N
(What's important NOW!)

Coach
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  7

Go To Top