Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Now a bit heavy hearted
Osunkoya-Ifayomi
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Truth and Character, all that matter

[*] posted on 9.26.2006 at 09:51 PM
Now a bit heavy hearted

As the world turns on CL there is some tension as was mentioned in another thread. I had asked to have a few questions asked after the fasting period, however may shuck it. but I would like to only say this agree or disaggree doesn't really matter as I am not trying to argue. Only say something in my heart and mind. I am sure there are many many learned ones on this board, they come from all walks of life. Some adhere to Christianity, some adhere to Islam, some adhere to (forgive my spelling) Kemet teaching etc.
At any rate I will say what I have to say. I am sure againmany will be in disagreement with me.

As all may know I am a practitioner of Yoruba/Ifa. As someone pointed out about Islam, Christianity they are ways of life more than mere religion. this I affirm. My only question is why, do we as people of African descent, take all but our own. Yes get mad at me I am sure you will, but if you search out the truth of my words you may find they ring true. Yes we talk about the european, and his/her tactics his pilaging and raping and destroying our cultures (yes cultures) we also talk about those described as Arabs (was pointed out in another thread what Arab means) but they too were destroyers of ou cultures as christianity wants the world (not talking about you down home baptist pentecostal etc black folk) but I am talking as a whole same as islam, both were given to us by sword point both have wrecked our in house cultures, both have demanded we accept there culture their way of life as better. Why is it we black folk here as around the globe give up what was ours from the beginning to take somthing that was foreign and forced upon us. This I don't get. I understand being born into something nd knowing this all your life, and hard to change.also let me make it clear as well I mentioned the dow home baptist etc. i also mean you hear who follow Islam I know you (or at least I think) it is no your desire to rule the world lol. But why do we as a peopel see everyones religion etc as better than ours. we are call animist etc. but this is what we had from day one. I am sure I will hear from one particular individual. and for that particular person I say to you (personal message) you have been around the struggle a long time and for you to continue to perpetuate this falsehood says to me very little of who you are.
Was it Mia Angelo who said when I knew to do better I did. For us who say we know the truth of our history or Ourstory and yet to reject the cultures (again cultures religions) which were ours since the beginning of time just don't know. Anyway with that being said I leave you all in peace. I aint mad at cha just sad that we reject the ways of our Anscestors for some foriegners way of life. Oh yeah that goes for all you so called black hebrews as well

Osunkoya-Ifayomi

and if you are incensed by this message just try to see my heart in it thank you

The World is a Marketplace
Heaven is home

Ifaleye_Ominiyi

I am an initiated Ifa Priest, Osun (Oshun) Priest, and Egungun Priest
Ifaleye-Ominiyi-Ifaojewonyomi
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Osunkoya-Ifayomi
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 9.26.2006 at 09:59 PM

Forgot the point I was trying to make, if all these diffrent Isms were good for us they wouldn't be dividing us

Heaven is home

Ifaleye_Ominiyi

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Khalliqa
Supreme Member

Mood: At Peace...

[*] posted on 9.26.2006 at 10:30 PM

Peace.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Osunkoya-Ifayomi
As the world turns on CL there is some tension as was mentioned in another thread. I had asked to have a few questions asked after the fasting period, however may shuck it. but I would like to only say this agree or disaggree doesn't really matter as I am not trying to argue. Only say something in my heart and mind. I am sure there are many many learned ones on this board, they come from all walks of life. Some adhere to Christianity, some adhere to Islam, some adhere to (forgive my spelling) Kemet teaching etc.
At any rate I will say what I have to say. I am sure againmany will be in disagreement with me.

As all may know I am a practitioner of Yoruba/Ifa. As someone pointed out about Islam, Christianity they are ways of life more than mere religion. this I affirm. My only question is why, do we as people of African descent, take all but our own. Yes get mad at me I am sure you will, but if you search out the truth of my words you may find they ring true. Yes we talk about the european, and his/her tactics his pilaging and raping and destroying our cultures (yes cultures) we also talk about those described as Arabs (was pointed out in another thread what Arab means) but they too were destroyers of ou cultures as christianity wants the world (not talking about you down home baptist pentecostal etc black folk) but I am talking as a whole same as islam, both were given to us by sword point both have wrecked our in house cultures, both have demanded we accept there culture their way of life as better. Why is it we black folk here as around the globe give up what was ours from the beginning to take somthing that was foreign and forced upon us. This I don't get. I understand being born into something nd knowing this all your life, and hard to change.also let me make it clear as well I mentioned the dow home baptist etc. i also mean you hear who follow Islam I know you (or at least I think) it is no your desire to rule the world lol. But why do we as a peopel see everyones religion etc as better than ours. we are call animist etc. but this is what we had from day one. I am sure I will hear from one particular individual. and for that particular person I say to you (personal message) you have been around the struggle a long time and for you to continue to perpetuate this falsehood says to me very little of who you are.
Was it Mia Angelo who said when I knew to do better I did. For us who say we know the truth of our history or Ourstory and yet to reject the cultures (again cultures religions) which were ours since the beginning of time just don't know. Anyway with that being said I leave you all in peace. I aint mad at cha just sad that we reject the ways of our Anscestors for some foriegners way of life. Oh yeah that goes for all you so called black hebrews as well

Osunkoya-Ifayomi

and if you are incensed by this message just try to see my heart in it thank you

Brother... I feel your sincerity...

I was going to log off before I saw your post....

May I just say that the deepest tie that binds us will be in our Willingness to lean towards that which we all equally feel is beneficial, peaceful and satisfying to our souls....

In our culture we are taught the story of how one of our great men desired to make all people the same.... in his frustration to do so he caused great destruction and death...

he was unable to see the underlying threads of unity...

brother, it will behoove us as a people to strive for unity....

strive for to focus on the principles and practices that unite us.....

and in those ideals that divide us, restrain our negative passions even as we defend or proselytize.....

we are human and we should expect this of one another...

but we are also adult and should be able to tolerate a certain amount of this from one another....

people are not led to a belief because of its place in history...

but because we are transformed by it.....

there is much to be gleaned in every one of us...

if we but knew....

Let's find comraderie in principles and enrichment in culture... We must not give up trying...

b n ńdi ttọ́; ojo ni k j̣ k da.
Attempts result in achievement; it is faint-heartedness that keeps one from making an effort.
(Without striving, one accomplishes nothing.)

Alaafia,

Khalliqa

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Osunkoya-Ifayomi
Cocoa Lounge Addict

[*] posted on 9.26.2006 at 10:37 PM

Mo dupe Khalliqa

Heaven is home

Ifaleye_Ominiyi

Go To Top