Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Act I, Scene I- Untitled
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

Mood: Unapologetic

[*] posted on 8.4.2006 at 10:04 PM
Act I, Scene I- Untitled

I think this is wonderful! I need to journal in my personal life to kick start the juices and muses of my writing dreams...

Well, where to start?....hmmm?.....

I'm going thru "transitions" in my life right now, personally, professionally and even spiritually, God is sending me some messages that I can't ignore.

I've been praying for understanding, patience, faith, and the strength to do what I must do...Faith without works is dead.

So, here's my first installment of Act I, Scene I. The play as yet has no title. When I receive my "inspiration," I can christen it.

In the meantime, I've got some "house-cleaning" to do....

Ooooh!....This is kind of difficult. I've got to keep this rather vague. Otherwise, I'll feel so naked....:bath:

"Whether you have a Ph.D., or no D, we're in this bag together....work together with the black man, then we will have a better chance to just act as human beings.."
Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8.6.2006 at 01:46 PM

Quotes for the Week:

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -George Bernard Shaw

Challenges come so we can grow and be prepared for things we are not equipped to handle now. When we face our challenges with faith, prepared to learn, willing to make changes, and if necessary, to let go, we are demanding our power be turned on. -Iyanla Vanzant

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

The three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for. -Addison

"Whether you have a Ph.D., or no D, we're in this bag together....work together with the black man, then we will have a better chance to just act as human beings.."
Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8.8.2006 at 08:08 AM

Quote:

Subject: Learn To Let Go
Kandi1072
Cocoa Lounge Royalty
posted on 8.7.2006 at 11:59 PM

"To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day."-- Lao Tzu

How do we take something away? As we cultivate higher awareness, we begin to see just how much we have added things that really aren't there to our picture of reality. Our beliefs, concepts and emotions all add layers of meaning to physical reality, but that meaning exists for us only – it has no objective existence. For example, the word "mother" has a complicated network of meaning for each of us.

Become aware of how your beliefs and emotions colour your perception of different events in your life. See if you can begin to step out of your fabrications to experience the truth and spaciousness of what is.

"When guilt rears its ugly head confront it, discuss it and let it
go. The past is over. … Forgive yourself and move on."

-- Bernie S. Siegel

Oooh, I needed to hear this! Thanks Kandi!

Talk about stepping on some toes! Like they say in church, "If you can't say 'Amen,' say Ouch!"

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.12.2007 at 04:03 PM

Whew! It's been a minute, huh.

Where to start? Hmmmm? Let's see?
:headscratch:

:write: Genius is so frustrating! :lol:

Seriously, tho,' I gotta figure out how to condense what all has been going on with me!

I'll be back....

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.29.2007 at 10:53 AM

INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE!

If I call you, say hello, inquire about your well-being and ask, "Did I catch you at a bad time?"---DO NOT then say, "No, you didn't."--But, then, within 2 minutes of the call, proceed to place me on HOLD while you talk to/answer your mother and other relatives present there....DO NOT take and write downorders from your gathered relatives for your volunteered trip to BURGER KING for the familial clan while I am still waiting on the phone! (At least, put the phone on MUTE!)...DO NOT, when I do happen to get a word in to ask perhaps you can call me back, INSIST that it's no problem! (Well, yes, it IS a problem for ME!)

DO NOT also proceed to BURGER KING by opening your car and leaving the door ajar for ME to hear the irritating DING-DING-DING of your alert bell as you continue to confirm ADDITIONAL orders of food from family who want to catch this Gravy Train!.....(BTW, IF you should forget any parts: your nephew wants Chicken Tenders & a Bacon Cheeseburger and your mother wants a SALAD. Sorry, I didn't QUITE catch which kind!)....DO NOT drive to BURGER KING, place your orders and exchange PLEASANTRIES with the cashier WHILE I AM STILL ON THE PHONE!.....DO NOT then appear to feel that I don't have TIME to TALK to YOU when I, finally, INSIST that we chat another time!

...My People, my people, sometimes, Lord!....I started to just hang-up, but I didn't want to be....... RUDE! :sarcastic:

And what was so ironically surprising to me that this was a man!....Usually it's women who do stuff like that...I always tell my bestfriend that she better not eva' work as an operator or receptionist cuz she'll put a **%$#R@ on hold FOREVER!

...smh....Sometimes, there's no accounting for taste, grace nor couth!

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.29.2007 at 10:59 AM

MORE VENTING FROM THE MIND OF SHUGA:

Although I can appreciate and respect your efforts to support, encourage, and keep "pure" the premise for Tanaka's thread, I want to remind you that, in spite of your feelings toward me, I did ASK a QUESTION, and Tanaka ansewered it.--I made no further reference to it until I felt "called out" by YOU when YOU felt compelled to "pull her coat-tail" in explanation for my question.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kwame
Aside: u probably weren't aware of what was behind the question posed re homosexuality. Some here are hell bent to argue down my & others' position that all that kinda freadazoid actions originated in Greek/Roman cultures and not Afrikan - ancient or traditional.

So, who died and made you MY spokesperson??

Then, when I gave my OWN response by not accepting YOU speaking for ME, YOU become incensed as if I had "defiled" the sincerity of the topic.

Moreover, in your reply, you FURTHER misrepresented me by reading into and what YOU wanted to.---I never said that homosexuality was "ACCEPTABLE" to me.

Quote:

OK; acceptable is what u believe. And from this u qualify your belief into a concluding statement. And this is illogical and does not follow from your premise stated as a "belief" and attempt to turn that into a universal "sin." A term introduced here by u. Another way of refuting your believing "logic," is that u begin with a "I believe" an a first person beginning, and in your supposed to be a conclusive ending an overused word, THEREFORE, is presented to appear authoritavive. Not so.

Also, you so conveniently OMITTED my QUALIFIER, "in my OPINION," which followed the word "Therefore."
Quote:

Therefore, in my opinion, Africa is not exempt from practicing the sin of homosexuality before the White man got there.

Moreover, as for your "scholarly" offer/challenge to present documented sources to me in reference to homosexuality, THANKS but NO THANKS, I'll pass.

I have come to the conclusion that any dialogue with you serves LESS purpose than talking to a BRICK WALL....

A brick wall, at least, is made of materials of substance. It is functional within its environment. It supports a greater and broader structure and scope; and it is reflective of Man's creativity and ingenuity while serving as testament to collaborative efforts and acceptance of change and/or different viewpoints melding together to create it.

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.29.2007 at 03:49 PM

I am reminded of something relating to Khalliq's thread about hating men....Last Friday, I was at a restaurant when a young woman (along w/her husband) came in to get her paycheck. Another worker greeted the young woman and the husband interrupted, very sharply and w/profanity, by informing her that he didn't have time for such trivialities, to just get her check and "let's go."---The worker and I were both embarassed for the young woman who never said a word....It was obvious from his manner of speech to others and to her that if he didn't already physically abuse her, he wasn't far from it.

I was then reminded of all the many friends, co-workers and family members who have been caught up in abusive relationships; and I have, now, the same contention about that un-named young woman as I do the others: Until she gets tired, nothing another person says to her will convince her to leave him.

So, in spite of my previous statement about the "fortitude and patience" of friends in support of another woman who is too pained to heal, I'll have to add this "qualifier." ----

In cases of abuse, personally, I have to step back from them. I've seen too many of them in my life. I've cried for and with too many women.

So, for them, all I can do now is pray for them as I did for that young woman who has such low self-esteem that she thinks being treated that way proves he cares for her and/or she is frozen by fear to escape from him.

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.30.2007 at 04:52 PM

Over the weekend, I had a pleasant surprise, a "blast from the past."

My cousin who lives in another part of the state called me while she was out at a local club one night. She informed me that there was someone who wanted to talk to me....And, onto the phone comes the voice of a former flame!

He'd asked about me when he saw my cousin....Well, that was appropriate because for over 20 years, she's been the some-what "go-between" with us....Where ever I had moved, he discovered my whereabouts from her....When I left the state, he found me while driving long-distance truck routes....It did my heart good to hear his voice and to know that I still hold a special place in his heart even though we'll never be together again...

Before he hung up he said, "You still my girl. I love ya."

You coulda' bought me for a nickel and got CHANGE back!

We hung up but promised to keep in better touch......

TO BE CONTINUED.....:whistle:

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.30.2007 at 06:01 PM

Now that I think about it...This man has ALWAYS found me whether in state or out...

Over the years, when I've gone back to that southern city for funerals or class reunions, christmases, etc...He has found me or, at least, gotten a message to me that he rendered his condolences if it was a death in my family or just to say "hello" for a happy occasion.

I once asked that same cousin, "Can he SMELL me when I cross the county line or what?! -- Once, he found me because her EX-husband told him I was there!

True the town isn't that big (which is why I left), but I have never been able to sneak in out without him knowing that I was in town.

One Christmas, I drove there. So, tired from my road trip, I let my cousin drive...She wanted to go SOMEWHERE (??)---So, I got into the passenger's seat and said okay even though I'd just gotten off the road....We turned a corner and lo' and behold THERE he was at a laundry-mat!

I told my cousin to keep driving as I scrunched down in my seat. (I didn't want to see him looking like I was right then!)----She said, "Too late. He already saw us."----By this time, he was out the door, waving us down! :wow:

So, I had to talk to him then! (shaking my head) I thought to myself, "I can run but I can't hide from this man!"

But, it's all good....He wants to come to Atlanta and have a dinner/date with me......

We'll see.

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9.1.2007 at 12:23 AM

What's up with the young men tryna holla at me lately?

I admit it's a little boost to a sistah's ego. (I still got it!) *snap-snap/wink*

But, in the last two weeks, 3 young men in their 20s have attempted to "capture my attention." :wow:

LOL! Of course, I tactfully but firmly took a pass; but WHEW!....One of 'em did make me pause for a moment.

But, I was good!....Well, I was not as bad as I was tempted to be. :whistle:

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9.1.2007 at 10:54 AM

I've got this male friend who is SO negative! Sometimes, I can't stand to talk to him. He's 51 years old, has made a mess of his life, is divorced, has f*cked up relationships with his siblings and children, and health problems from drinking and drugs from when he was younger. So, now, he's paying the price for it.

...smh....I don't think I can continue to communicate with him.

Why do NEEDY people always gravitate to me?! I AM NOT A SOCIAL WORKER NOR PSYCHOLOGIST!

Plus, he has pissed me off by hanging up on me when he doesn't like what I tell him....What it is is that I don't tell him WHAT HE WANTS TO HEAR! He has a history of doing that...He'll hang up on me. Then, wait several weeks before calling me again, and he'll act like NOTHING EVER HAPPENED. He won't even MENTION his hanging up on me...Just move right along.....

Earlier in the week, he asked me if I thought he was a "drunk." I told him that I think he's a functional alcoholic, and he got mad, cussed me, and hung-up. ---I did not call him back....Thursday, he called me and left a message. I did not call him back.....Friday was his birthday, and I must admit, I had my ass on my shoulder cuz he cussed me and hung-up on me, but I couldn't be THAT mean.---He's told me that I'm practically the only "friend" he's got..... So, I called the sum-b*tch to tell him, "Happy Birthday." (AT 11:55 pm)
But, I got it in before midnight. :sarcastic:

Conversation....

Him: Hey, what's up?
Me: Nothing. I just called to say "Happy Birthday."
Him: Thanks......I called you yesterday and left you a message.
Me: Yeah.
Him: But you didn't call me back.
Me: No.
Him: So, I guess you're aware of that, huh?
Me: Yeah.
Him: So, what's up?
Me: Nothing. I just called to wish you a Happy Birthday before it was over....SO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and have a good night.
Him: Good night.

This man's got "issues." And, what is even sadder is that he's 51 years old with no direction in his life.

Imma hafta feed him with a long-handled spoon from here on out cuz he's the one who made his bed so hard.

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.20.2009 at 03:44 PM
Today, We Will Remember...

For the Black surveyor and inventor, Benjamin Banneker
Who, although, Free, still couldn’t have touched one staircase banister
Within the House that was built by others who were slaves
But, TODAY, we hear their triumphant cries cheering from their graves
For the backs of those who labored, bled and died
For all those told they were “equal” but discovered Justice lied
For the feet of those who proudly walked, marched and for freedom ran
For those beset by dogs, fire-hoses, and burning crosses of the Klan
For those strung up into trees,
Their bodies desecrated with genitals cut-off and even set afire
TODAY, I hear their voices ringing down from heaven’s choir
For Emmitt Till
For Medgar Evers
For every lunch counter sit-in
And, yes, also for Mar-tin
For 4 little girls murdered by a bomb
Just after Sunday School time
As well as for the Little Rock Nine
TODAY, history will assign
That the 44th President Of These United States
Shows that God’s Will ordains and dictates
What will BE!
And, TODAY, I rejoice in this historical victory!

Shuga/Honeybun

Fannie Lou Hamer
Shuga/HoneyBun
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2.27.2009 at 07:59 PM
My Greatest Foe

In work or in play
In love or woe
Only I am my greatest foe
And yes, there may still be some karma, I yet owe
But even through THAT, I'll still portray and bestow
All the facets of strength my lineage gives me
Because, just like my mother said,
"I come from good stock and I'm well bred"
And she is soaked up in me
Just like the pot-likka soppin' cornbread she fed
Steeped in like tea set to brew
Simmered like beef stew
And smooothed.....like Gumbo Roux
So, only GOD can give or take away whatever's due

But who I am today is just a sample
Because I've got blessings waiting,...MORE than ample
And some have even thought they could make an example
Out
Of
ME!
But, just like that iceberg that sank the Titanic
So far, sweetheart, this is just the TIP, you see!
Cuz every day, God further deepens my fathoms you try to plumb
And just when you think you've got me pegged
He gives me even more room
And you.... more breadth to circumvent
Like the wisdom to Solomon lent
Because my future is full of possibilities
Shaped by the broken twigs
And crushed leaves down the paths I ALREADY went
So, you see, as for the potentialities of ME.... I aint even made a dent!

And you're not the first who couldn't read and understand me fully
So, don't ever think you can just grease and work me like a pulley
By yanking my chain or tweaking the torque
Cuz when I done with you, I'll break OFF the fork
In the softest spot you've got
For mounting up with the wings of EAGLES is my lot
Cuz I'm claiming it with my words
I'm not meant for pickin' and peckin' with yard birds
Because chickens can't fly...that high

So, all you'll ever do is vainly crow
Because, only I
Am my greatest foe
But with God's help....the more rounds I go.

Fannie Lou Hamer

Go To Top