Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: R Kelly's Soul Train Performance...
biggbabygirl
Gold Member

Mood: Feeling Fine!

[*] posted on 3.26.2004 at 11:50 PM

I'm in Chicago and we won't be seeing the show until 10:30 p.m. tomorrow night on WGN so thanks for the heads up so that I can catch this performance.
Summer
Gold Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3.26.2004 at 11:53 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TROPICANA,

I'm not sure who you were addressing when you asked that people not judge R. Kelly, but since I posted in reference to his other troubles with women, I'll clarify my position.

When I said that I hoped that he was serious about his getting in touch with "GOD" (this time), I meant that as it stands. I went on to state that he had done it before and to turn around and keep doing it makes it look like he ONLY called on "GOD" when it was convenient.

I haven't "judged" R. Kelly, he has put himself in a position to have people speculate on his life. No one is guessing at what he's done behind closed doors either, as his life has been lain out there for all to see. That was HIS doing.

Unfortunately, it also has nothing to do with how many times the "Average Joe" does something and knows it's wrong and continues to do it, THEY are not the ones in the "limelight" and who seems to run to the protection of "GOD" when things happens.

I don't know about anyone else who's posted, but my hopes for him were genuine.

*My character and good name are all that I have. If altering either is required for you to accept or acknowledge me...let me silently remove myself from your sight. I will not conform*
chelle
Platinum Member

[*] posted on 3.26.2004 at 11:59 PM

Last time i checked this thread was in the MUSIC section...why do people always have to run up in a peaceful thread instigating trouble and starting arguments...and take a thread completely :ot: if theres something you don't like make your own thread about it...and argure in that...and Summer your comments was genuine...

tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Content

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summer

TROPICANA,

I'm not sure who you were addressing when you asked that people not judge R. Kelly, but since I posted in reference to his other troubles with women, I'll clarify my position.

When I said that I hoped that he was serious about his getting in touch with "GOD" (this time), I meant that as it stands. I went on to state that he had done it before and to turn around and keep doing it makes it look like he ONLY called on "GOD" when it was convenient.

I haven't "judged" R. Kelly, he has put himself in a position to have people speculate on his life. No one is guessing at what he's done behind closed doors either, as his life has been lain out there for all to see. That was HIS doing.

Unfortunately, it also has nothing to do with how many times the "Average Joe" does something and knows it's wrong and continues to do it, THEY are not the ones in the "limelight" and who seems to run to the protection of "GOD" when things happens.

I don't know about anyone else who's posted, but my hopes for him were genuine.

not here to argue but.... your stmt said it all "When I said that I hoped that he was serious about his getting in touch with "GOD" (this time), I meant that as it stands"
Do u know him personally enuff to say that he has neva had a SERIOUS relationship w/God and that he ONLY calls on God when stuff like this occurs??? in MY EYES, we, as fans dont know him that well to make that call -- thats all i'm saying

Success is different to each of us. Find what it is that brings meaning to your life, what's important and make that your focus!
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chelle
Last time i checked this thread was in the MUSIC section...why do people always have to run up in a peaceful thread instigating trouble and starting arguments...and take a thread completely :ot: if theres something you don't like make your own thread about it...and argure in that...and Summer your comments was genuine...

well EXCUSE ME chelle... i was NOT trying to argue ONLY posting my 2 cents - this is a forum

Success is different to each of us. Find what it is that brings meaning to your life, what's important and make that your focus!
Fantasy
Gold Member

Mood: Blessed and Very Thankful

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:10 AM
First Warning...

Okay from the past a lot of people have learned that this is one of those touchy subjects that always seem to get out of hand. So please, lets just try to repect one another's opinion and stay on topic this time..
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:15 AM

sure thang.....:yes:

Summer
Gold Member

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:19 AM

FANTASY,

I did post only my opinion and please check my posts, they should show that I am in support of R. Kelly and wished him well with his walk with "GOD." If you notice I said it "gave the impression" and "seemed like" those are not definitive statements, I was saying what it LOOKED like.

I mentioned his walk with "GOD" because posters had mentioned how well he sang that song, and that he's been changed and things, since all the other happened. I was merely supporting what they were saying with my well wishes of this being real for him.

My posts didn't attack anyone here and I definitely didn't attack R. Kelly. I only stated my opinion about his troubles and hopeful peace of mind now.

*My character and good name are all that I have. If altering either is required for you to accept or acknowledge me...let me silently remove myself from your sight. I will not conform*
Summer
Gold Member

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:23 AM

FANTASY,

"First Warning" for whom? I haven't caused any discord or attacked anyone.

Fantasy
Gold Member

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:34 AM

:lol: Can't a sista give a warning without calling people out.. I had to put that whole warning out there for EVERYONE.. Just in case someone else comes in the thread they'll see the warning..
Summer
Gold Member

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:40 AM

OK Fantasy. I'll take that "warning." I can live with that. Thanks.

tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:46 AM

i cant wait to see the show sunday so i can see wat i missed..... :jump:

Fantasy
Gold Member

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 12:57 AM

Me either, I'm going to have to record it this time... I hope I don't forget :(..
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 3.27.2004 at 01:13 AM

i hope i dont 4get either.....

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top