Cocoa Lounge
[Login ]
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this page
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Lookin' in the mirror and LoViN' it!
narcissism
Supreme Member

Mood: Happy. Feeling glad. Got sunshine in a bag

[*] posted on 1.1.2006 at 11:36 PM
Lookin' in the mirror and LoViN' it!

:wizard: Hello out there!

Religion

So, recently I have been thinking about how much we humans really don't know. As I say, "I believe that everything lacks support because almost everything can be refuted. We're always looking for proof, but sometimes there is no proof and sometimes the "proof" that is found is not really proof. We all THINK we know but who knows?" Everybody has different experiences, opinions, cultures, etc. And from my own faith, which is Christianity, I believe that this is because we, humans, are not supposed to know everything...and will never know everything--or ever come close...or perhaps we know nothing.

I have not felt so spiritually connected in my 18 years of life. Ever since an incident that occurred at my house in college, I have not been the same. My housemate went through a nervous breakdown, and prior to it she had reached new heights of spirituality. She drew up and recorded her ideas about what she called the "Spiritual Theory". Now, this theory was very simple yet complicated. Her thought were hundreds of scribbles on a piece of paper, but the bottom line was : Get rid of the sh**.

In those words, my life was completely changed. I took it literally. Start eating the right foods and be better able to release the foods in the toilet. I took it metaphorically. Stop doing the wrong things, and learn through your faith, what are the right things. But I also realized something that many people here on Cocoalounge already know. Us humans may have many religious denominantions, but in the end, many of us believe in that one main all-powerful, omnipresent diety.
narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.2.2006 at 12:18 AM
Death and Dying

On November 15 2005, I experienced the first death of a family member--my Godbrother. He was playing basketball with some friends and suddenly he collapsed. He was 16 and soon to graduate from high school. I am yet to find out what caused the death. But it was at the wake, when I first saw a dead body--the dead body of someone I held close to heart nonetheless--that I made peace with death.

All of my life I have always thought about death. Not that I have ever wanted to die (although I have experienced the spirit of depression, of which I have fought with the strength of God and am a new woman now thanks to the grace of God). I always knew that death could take me away at anytime, but I knew I was not ready. Am I ready now? No, but out of this experience, I have been able to think about what happens after death, and I am subsequently living a better life.

The Bible says that death is an extreme deep sleep. I personally believe that the body sleeps and the spirit wanders until God calls it and it follows. Although I have never read the Bible back to front, I have been getting little scriptures read to me many days of my life from various people. I have begun to think this is the way I would best learn the Bible; important scriptures have been read to me at relevant times (although I will soon pick up my personal Bible). Now the details of life after death is all jumbled up for me; and I would actually find it very creepy if I was certain about what happens after death, so I am OK being unclear about it. But without a doubt, I believe there is life after death, and we have an idea when death is coming very soon.

WHat is involved in life after death (from what I think and from the ideas that are perpetuated around us):

Not realizing you are dead at first
Leaving your body as a spirit
Judgement Day
Heaven/Hell
Life in the Spiritual Realm
Being a ghost if you don't "go into the light"
Being a guardian angel
Reincarnation (sent back as a baby), etc.

I always look at babies strangely because I believe they are just coming from the spiritual realm, and will soon be conditioned for the earthly realm. I look at them strangely because I wonder what they know and where they have been. But I guess to know that too would creep me out.

I believe that spirits are everywhere. And for every emotion you are feeling, there is a spirit in you. For example, the spirit of happiness, the spirit of sadness, the spirit of joy, the spirit of depression, etc. Do I believe in the "devil"? Somewhat. There are spirits that are not holy, I do believe. But for any spirit that is in you or near you, you have to overcome it (if it is negative) with the power of God.

I believe that immediately before death comes, we of course know it is coming. For example, one news and world story on Cocoalounge talked about a pregnant lady who bumjee (sp) jumped and her cord broke, and before she hit the concrete, she realized she was about to die. Although she did not die in the end but suffered injuries, she did have the idea that she was about to leave the earth for good. Similar to my own mother's near-fatal accident, before she hit the tree after a drunk driver smacked the back of her car, she said to herself "I'm gone." Although she survived it (even though she was pronounced dead for 3 hours and they had the white sheet over her for some time), she had this notion that death was coming prior to the impact. Both the bumjee-jumping woman and my mother do not remember ANYTHING about the IMPACT of falling on concrete or hitting the tree. Neither did they remember being unconscious--in a coma-like sleep. However, my mom thinks she remembers seeing someone (perhaps her late mother) telling her to "Go back! Go back!" as she lay not breathing. I don't know what EXACTLY to think about this information (in terms of the spiritual world), but I know that we feel death coming immediately before it does.

This death in my life has caused me to accept more the fact that death is coming and to talk more about death, the after-life, and the spiritual realm. RIPP Lloyd. God, take care of my brother. I love, fear, and trust you.
narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1.2.2006 at 02:21 AM

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 10.20.2007 at 11:55 AM

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.2.2009 at 05:57 PM
Men

I don't care who you know, what you own, and how much you make. Actions speak louder than capital.

I have dated the BMWs, the Mercedes, the millionaires, the engineers, the lawyers, doctors, financial managers. I have seen bad men do good things and good men do bad things. I have seen the superior men, the great men, the playas, dogs, beaters, jerks, married and involved men. My intuition reigned everytime. I love men but sometimes I can't stand them.

I am a happily single woman who enjoys having fun. But when I settle down, I want a morally superior man above all. One who is there for me, who steps up to the plate to be with me, who has character. Sometimes guys try to impress me with their money, cars, or jobs. That's cool and all but are you trustworthy, loyal, is God the highest entity in your life, can I depend on you? Can you see into me, past my looks, education, style of dress? See that I am an excellent woman with flaws. But work with me on my flaws and cherish me in spite of, and sometimes because of, them. I have met men like them, some I have been with in fact, but different circumstances brought an end to these relationships. Superior men are the only kind I end up in relationships with anyway.

I do want to get married and have a bunch of kids. I want to take care of my husband very well. I hope to give him my virginity, such a gift so rare today. And I know he will take good care of me. I want to terribly respect my husband and look up to him even regardless of the fact that I would have achieved enough to be greatly admired myself. Only a superior man will do.

What makes her authority? Well...she assumed the position.
narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3.2.2009 at 06:52 PM
Virginity

People often complain that I talk about sex way too much :whistle: It's the mind of a virgin in a sex-crazed society?

I see my virginity as a precious gift to my future husband, something he may not be able to get somewhere else. I remain a virgin for that reason and also because sex itself scares me with all the random azz diseases with no symptoms and false negatives and sh!t. Leave me and my "innocence" alone!

My mom swears I'm not a virgin, and I be looking at her like "how you gonna tell me?!" :ummm: People will look at you as though you are weird when you are a virgin at 21 but I don't care. Even some men I have dated don't believe it or they say its strange or they tell me I should just get it over with with them. Nuh-uh, not me, not now (lol sounds like the drug commercial). One even said to me that no man will be with a virgin and not cheat. A friend said the same thing. It's a huge sacrifice! But my thing is this, a cheater is going to be a cheater. He will cheat if I'm fukcing or not, so it's better he's cheating when I'm not fukcing. If I learn that he's cheating, I'm out. Deuces.

I understand my body is very alluring and its difficult not to have sex in this day and age since so many women are having sex. Fine. Am I going to be alone if I'm not fukcing? Nope. I tell dudes from very early I am a virgin until marriage, so from there they make their decision to get in or get out.

Not having sex filters men for me without trying. Some men go as far as to try to get into a relationship with me promising marriage just so they can get it in. Yes, it's that serious. LOL It's so cool being a virgin because seriously a lot of men love it. Some love it because the innocence/clean-slate is a turn-on but most appreciate it because its so rare today. They may consider me very beautiful and sexy, and they quite frankly congratulate me on a job well done. :lol:

Granted some men are very turned off by virginity because they think inexperience leads to lameness in bed or extra clingy women after sex. That's their own business because I know I'm going to be quite amazing with my darling hubby. And if I cling, which I highly doubt since I have other things to worry about, at least I cling to the man I am supposed to cleave with. Ha.

All this talk of virginity makes people think I must be asexual or something to not get urges. Ha! Urges reign! It's very difficult. Extremely so. I'm trying. Let's cross our fingers.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4.7.2009 at 02:03 PM
Sexuality

After watching a show of the Vagina Monologues, which is a nationwide college performance about different subjects pertaining to the female anatomy from self-awareness to rape, I realized that many women are insecure or unaware about themselves and their bodies. This came as a shock to me.

Do I need somebody else to tell me I look "beautiful" down there? Not at all, thank you. If it wasn't "beautiful" in some type of way, why would men even bother with it again and again (it not me ;) )? I love my body from head to toe, and he really does not have to. You don't like it? There's plenty who will. Sure, I have problem spots but doesn't everybody? I have to work hard to improve what I'm working with. I will be working with it for a long time.

Quite frankly, I really don't buy that sh!t about growing old. :yr: I must admit some ladies let themselves slip just because they are getting up there. Ya know, chopping off all their hair or losing their spunk. :wm: This sista is going to be fly at age 20, 40, 60, and 80. You better get it right. I dare a Negro to start acting funny because I'm getting advanced. No way, no how.

I will be enjoying myself to the last, and I won't have time to fake an orgasm. I have way too much "swag" to try too hard. If you ain't hitting it right, I'll be singing "to the left, to the left..." I won't be too accepting of a selfish Negro who does not try to get me off. Highly unacceptable.

Another unacceptable thing is women lacking pride in themselves as ladies. I understand that the punani is very powerful. It can be used for good or bad. It has been the cause of wars, family destruction, and murder (not that this is something we should be proud of exactly :ummm: :lol: ). But, most importantly, it holds life. If every woman is not walking around with the "Ms. Vagina" walk, then she might not be well-informed.

Our "stuff" is also very sacred. Women these days try very hard to be "like men", as you can see from "Like A Boy" by Ciara and "If I Were a Boy" by Beyonce. One such way that women behave "like men" is by having several casual sex partners. This is not to say that all or even most men keep several sex partners but men are more known for this sort of behavior. Can a woman honestly have all this sex and not catch feelings? Sure, it's possible. But we must understand that we RECEIVE and not GIVE. We let something foreign INSIDE us. We HOLD on to something. Our body goes through changes during the process, and he stays about the same. The man is simply getting in and getting out (when he's finished). We hold on and then let go (when he's finished). If you want your life to function like your vagina, don't treat it as the sacred entity it is.

I thought a lot about sexuality throughout this performance. About this laying like a log nonsense...or not enjoying sex...or giving it to him because he wants it (and not me)? Just stop. Stop it now. I did learn that, like men, women come in different shapes and sizes, which was a crazy shock to me. Here I am thinking they are all the same. :lol:

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.4.2009 at 07:10 PM
Kindness as Weakness

I will never understand this statement--ever.

When I sense kindness in a person, I think "oh that person is like me; I would like to get to know that person". The understanding that others could possibly sense kindness in another and think "geeez that person is such a wimp" or "wow how can I get over this person" is totally outside of my line of thought. That people would consciously, purposefully try to use and manipulate others, though I know this is the case for some, is mind-boggling.

I think people who see kindness as weakness are morons. Those are the kind of people I would avoid. I do not think I will ever be one to look to someone's goodness as a flaw. Seeing others envy the morally corrupt is a sight I become blind to in disgust.

I am a kind person who believes in freely give, freely receive. I like to help and heal. No one can "abuse" my kindness because I only help as much as I desire to. There is no abuse where there is an acknowledgement of limited personal desire to be of use. As a servant of God I serve humanity. I do for others because I want to. They may or may not appreciate it but when all's said and done, I don't live for everybody but for my God.

Even in the extreme case, how can sacrificing for the sake of others at the expense of yourself be weak? It's easy to do nothing. It's easy to only do for one's self, to look out for self. That sounds more "weak" to me.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.4.2009 at 07:26 PM
Self Confidence

Arrogant - I'm intelligent; thus, better than you.

Confident - I'm intelligent.

Modest - I have OK ideas.

Low Self-Esteem - I'm an idiot.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.13.2009 at 11:30 AM
I found The One

It was love at first sight. I know from the way he looked at me. His eyes said it all.

I never believed in love at first sight, and granted I was not actually in love. But his aura drew me to him automatically. This Man was warm, kind, and cheerful, just like me. I overheard him and another man speaking Igbo while I was browsing for bras at Victoria Secret at the mall. So I asked them if they were Igbo, and he rushed me from there. I usually can read people and the type of person they are from a single interaction. I was blessed with that capability. In the past, guys gave off bad signals instantly with the way they carried themselves, the overconfidence or lack thereof, the way they spoke, the way they walked, and just in general their approach. The way a man wrinkled his nose, twitched his eyebrow, or smiled let me know a world of things about him (I don’t stick around to give mediocre men a chance because I have learned from past experiences). My senses are more heightened than most I guess. I could tell without a doubt their level of maturity, experience, comfort. But most importantly, my first encounter tells me how they treat women even if we only chat for 1 minute. Their character shows through for me quite clearly, and the bottom line is, that is all I want to know to begin with.

I could read This Man as clear as glass. Other men would have been shooed away because I would know they use women, they want sex, or they weren’t on my level. I would tell them I had a boyfriend, or I really had to run, or give some extreme resistance before offering to take his number (and not give him mine) just so I can politely get away from the situation. Not with This Man. I knew he was a good person with honest intentions and superior conduct. I just knew him. He was the fun type, the kind that was exciting and fun-to-be around but not in a dangerous, exhilarating, I’m-about-to-get- arrested type of “fun”. He was confident in himself, the kind that was sure that you would respond to him kindly and yet wanted to genuinely listen to you but not the kind that was overly confident giving you a “1-2” liner because he just gets tons of women and replaces them like underwear. I can usually read a ladies man, but if this guy was the player type, he was the good, charming guy who just got women without trying.

Through having just a brief interaction with him, he made me feel good, warm, and peaceful. He would say later in text with a positive connotation (based on what we had been discussing prior) that “You would be shocked at the type of man you met at the mall”. Unfortunately, he did not realize I would not be shocked. I assumed by “shock” he might have meant his accomplishments (yes, I do admit it was only an assumption). His just-right level of confidence, maturity, and the simple intonation in his voice already showed me he was a man of means, whether that be financial or spiritual. Either was fine and both was downright hot. That is one of those things I can not read from only briefly interacting with someone: their level of spirituality. However, I knew he was a powerful man by faith or by might (and he was modestly dressed if I may add). While there are people who put on a façade of goodness knowing they mean people malice, he did not show the signs of these phonies I can read a mile away.

When the conversation died out a little because the salesperson came to help his cousin (who was buying bras for his wife—how sweet), I said my goodbyes and headed for the exit (without buying anything because I was just browsing). But he followed me and asked for my number. Normally I would have said “let me take yours” or just said “my boyfriend/husband (with his non-existence) would not like that” but without hesitation I said “sure” brightly. He smiled. And numbers were exchanged. Whether we became friends, lovers, or just passing acquaintances, I felt happy to have experienced his aura.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.13.2009 at 11:31 AM
I found The One Pt2

I knew I loved you before I met you. I think I dreamed you into life.

Our first date really sealed the deal for me. Sigh. Big huge sigh. I have never ever been the type to call a man The One after only a few encounters but after spending 13 straight hours with This Man on simply a first encounter I decided that if he proposed to me tomorrow, like tomorrow, like actually the day after the date, I would accept. My spirit has bells ringing in every joint of my body.

I can't even begin to explain how he shocked, shook, and amazed me (guess he was right after all). Now, I have dated mostly men of high caliber, some with more superior moral character than others. Some delighted, some disappointed. I have met the talented, intelligent, nice guy. The crude, rude, bad boy. The gentleman. The edgy boy. It was all fun. But This Man is in a category of his own.

Unlike with most guys, I warmed up to him so quickly. Instant chemistry. Unlike with most dates, I decided to look extra extra fly, like extra exuberantly fly. Something inside me just told me to. Everything was right: hair, nails, outfit, bag, jewelry, makeup, heels. Sista was shining like a star. Something inside me told me to put on this specific outfit too: a fly, silver buckle strapped, X-shaped black halter with a brown shawl, brown bag, and black butterfly, ankle-shackled open-toe heels. Basically my outfit was black and brown. And what do you know, he was wearing black and brown too: a black muscle shirt and brown slacks. We were walking around like "couple twins"--totally unplanned. He said it was a sign. I agreed but didn't tell him so.

Sure, he drove the Mercedes (still modestly dressed), had a solid job, and lived in a suburban apartment. The trappings were nice. And sure, he was tall (even taller than me in heels), extremely attractive with a gorgeous body (which I had not noticed as much in the store because my focus is on gathering as much about who the person is that is in front of me). His looks alone turned me on and out. But almost every time This Man opened his mouth, my heart sung. He gushed about how happy he was to have met me in the mall because he really liked me. A gentle kiss to my hand sent me to cloud 9. He held my hand at the movie and we shared dessert at dinner. I love the simple things. He told me I was so beautiful. Anytime I smiled, This Man smiled a smile brighter, telling of his feelings for me. He really listened to me, asking me how I was doing, what I was thinking, and basically just being attentive. When I kissed him, I felt his heart pounding incessantly. His body could not hide what he felt inside. He made a huge impression on me.

He reminded me of me. This Man grew up a quiet altar boy. I too have a quiet, pleasant disposition. He's very spiritual like me. Spirituality is a huge thing for me. He reads! I love reading with a passion that burns deep. But he doesn't just read intellectual mumbo-jumbo; he actually reads fiction like urban and romance novels. Despite both of us being considered "quiet", we both had rather bubbly and energetic personalities. He absolutely loves music and produces music in a studio. And what do you know, I am a singing, rapping, and song-writing extraordinaire. He loves listening to me sing, even if it's just singing what's on the radio. He's mature, wise, and intelligent; he simply exudes this presence in his expression. I love to hear his thoughts because it rings true to my spirit. He's very health-conscious and exercises 3-4 times a week. I want to be more healthy and I have been looking for a real (not fake, give-up-in-a-day) work-out partner for a minute. He loves him some dark-skinned, thick sisters. Gotta love it. He's ultra-masculine, and I am ultra-feminine. We strutted around like a real power couple; it was intense. He's a gentleman, and I'm a sweetheart. He loves to cook, and I love to eat! :) His characteristics matched mine almost exactly. He amazed me by the fact that he was my mirror.

Following that thought process, he was my complement, my magnet, my missing jigsaw piece, and if I were a man, he'd be my missing rib. Yes, certainly, without a doubt, This Man was a KING. A mighty man. So real, so genuine, so humbled.

If I asked, he did. If I refused, he didn't. If I walked, he followed.
If he talked, I listened. If he requested, I executed. If he walked, I followed.
Yes, a king to my queen.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.13.2009 at 11:32 AM
I found The One Pt3

Because he is The Truth. Said he is so real. And I love the way that he makes me feel. And if I am a reflection of him, then I must be fly because his light it shines so bright—I wouldn’t lie.

I remember the very first day that I saw him. I found myself immediately intrigued by him. It’s almost like I knew this man from another life. Like maybe back then I was his husband and maybe he was my wife. And even the things I don’t like about him are fine with me. ‘Cause it’s not hard for me to understand him ‘cause he’s so much like me. And it’s truly my pleasure to share his company. And I know that it’s God’s gift to breathe—Yeah, he breathes.

How can the same man that makes me so mad (do you know what he did?)…turn right around and kiss me so soft (girl, you know what he did?) If he ever left me, I wouldn’t even be sad, no. ‘Cause there’s a blessing in every lesson, and I’m glad that I knew him at all.

I love the way speaks, I love the way he thinks. I love the way that he treats his Mama. I love that gap in between his teeth. I love him in every way that a woman can love a man—from personal to universal, but, most of all, it’s unconditional. That’s the way I feel (and I always will).

There ain’t no substitute for The Truth. Either it is, or it isn’t. You see The Truth it needs no proof. Either it is, or it isn’t. And you know The Truth by the way it feels. And if I am a reflection of him, then I must be fly because he is, yes he is. I wonder does he know.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.13.2009 at 11:33 AM
IfTO Pt4

My mind’s telling no, but my body, my body’s telling me yes.

I made him sign a document promising that he would not take my virginity unless we were married. After signing and copying the contract, he said he would laminate it and put it on his bedroom wall. Just the fact that he said that made me want to rip off his clothes, throw him to the bed, and ride the hell out of This Man. But I just laughed.

In an honest discussion a few minutes later, he told me that I was really restrictive. However, he said, I really like you. I feel like I know you. Regardless whether you return the feelings, I will like you. Even if this is fake, I will like the person you portrayed yourself to be. In fact, I think I will like you to death. (I smiled…at which point he asked if he could get a camera to take a picture. I laughed, and smiled harder.) He said that he could find the sexual pain to be unbearable as sex is a natural progression of most adult relationships. But I’m a gentleman, he said, and whatever you don’t want to do, I will not do. My heart damn near leaped out my chest. Sure, he was essentially telling me that we might progress into a relationship, at which point he might not be able to stand not having sex for too long. But it was the way This Man said it, which I can’t even describe (another dude had said similar words in the past but he wasn’t as moving), that really made me—quite frankly—crazy wet.

He was brutally honest and yet so pleasant. How the hell did he get away with this? I didn’t know whether I could last with him as a virgin. Good thing I’ve got a contract keeping me in check (though he thinks it’s to keep him in check :ummm: )!

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.13.2009 at 11:34 AM
IfTO Pt5

If you’re not The One, then why does my soul feel glad today? If you’re not The One, then why does my hand fit yours this way? If you are not mine, then why does your heart return my call?

They say, when it’s good, it’ll be effortless. It’s true. There are no “wrong moves” when you have the right one. I truly believe that. I don’t worry about “keeping him interested” because I am interesting and worthwhile. I show that. If it’s not cool for him, well he knows how to find the door. Being with This Man is a rigorous exercise of little effort. Heart pounding, arms pumping but my body is lighter than air.

I don’t know This Man’s major flaws yet; I do recognize that I am in the infatuation stage. However, I know that I love the type of person he is regardless of who, where, or how he will be tomorrow. I already asked him if he was married or involved and he denied both. I never got any intuitive feeling that he was anyway. I believe he is fully single. But if he was married or involved, it would not change the love I have for who he is. If we did get together and he cheated on me, but he was still the person I met, I would still love the person he is (not that I would stay though—not likely). If I found out he had AIDS, I would love his self. If he was a player, controlling, possessive, abusive, stalker, etc., I would love that light in him (of course I would inch out the door with my bat just in case). The fact is, these are true realities for real people, and we never know the type of person we have ended up with and people are always reinventing themselves so you never know who they will be if they aren’t at that point yet. We could break up with each other because of sex; still doesn’t change anything. Love, and leave the rest for God. I don’t know the full story but I can guess the ending…because I never judge a book solely by it’s cover but also by its content, its praise, its ability to provoke thought and action, to spice up my life, to keep me interested, its capacity to make me smile, and, most importantly, its endless possibilities.

In no way am I afraid to love him, given the opportunity.

narcissism
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5.13.2009 at 11:35 AM
IfTO Pt6

Age ain’t nothin’ but a number.

Did I ever mention he was a 32 to my 21 (turning 33 in a few days)? Yeah, I might have missed that. I love older men. I always have. I always felt I would marry someone 7-15 years older than me. I am more mature than my peers; it’s natural. However, many people have told me that I have a baby face, which is no good for men who don’t want to seem like a cradle robber. This Man doesn’t seem to have a problem…yet.

Pages:  1  2  3  ..  5

Go To Top