Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Decision Time
Jeneen
Brown Sista

Mood: Fine, and yours?

[*] posted on 9.6.2005 at 10:15 PM
Decision Time

As many of you know we have been collecting donations for victims of Hurricane Katrina and will continue to do so I believe until the end of the week.In the meantime, we all started doing this because we wanted to have some say over where and who our donations went to.It is now time we start discussing exactly what we are going to do with with all the funds we have collected.

:gossip:
Tastey
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: chillin

[*] posted on 9.6.2005 at 11:16 PM

This is my opinion but I don't think we need to give to any of the shelters that have been set up or any of the agencies.

I think we first need to begin with our own CL members, but the next group of people I see with a real need are those who evacuated before the storm and are now running out of money and resources.

They are not allowing these people into the shelters, or offering them any sort of assistance.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
superior
Supreme Member

Mood: refreshed

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 08:10 AM

I agree with Tastey. I think that the family members of CL members should be first in line. I am weary about giving money to shelters and Red Cross as we do not know where the money will end up.

View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
MzChocKiwi66
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Blessed

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 08:27 AM

I agree also, but I also think that people who have taken in people should also receive some type of assistance.
MAJESTY

Mood: Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 08:28 AM

Whatever we decide to do, PLEASE LET IT BE BLACK!!! I think now is the PERFECT time to support our own.

Keep it movin'
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Content

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 08:35 AM

exactly.........support our own

I am open to supporting a family in need or helping a family who is willing to help others in need

i am sure a church will be glad 2 give us a family to donate to....at this point - it is the only way i see us getting a name of someone to donate to.... i just dont see it happening thru a big organization such as red cross

i guess that would mean picking which church and where if we go w/that idea

Success is different to each of us. Find what it is that brings meaning to your life, what's important and make that your focus!
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 08:38 AM

it would be nice if we could take some of the names of the people in the articles and try finding out where exactly where they are....example the lady driving the van w/her 5 daughters and the elderly lady in her care

if i could work some magic all the CL $$ would b put into her acct by 12 noon today so she at least she could find another hotel to stay in a bit longer.....

but to be honest i dont think she should be spending her last few dollars when there SHOULD be a hotel and i kno a family or church who is willing to give her shelter 4 free along w/food and other things....

Success is different to each of us. Find what it is that brings meaning to your life, what's important and make that your focus!
ovahPass
Platinum Member

Mood: I'll get back to you on that

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 09:09 AM

CL family members should be first in line. That would be an ideal way to help our own all around.

Ms. Pass

Love is Love......until further notice.
Tastey
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: chillin

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tropicanajuice4u
it would be nice if we could take some of the names of the people in the articles and try finding out where exactly where they are....example the lady driving the van w/her 5 daughters and the elderly lady in her care

if i could work some magic all the CL $$ would b put into her acct by 12 noon today so she at least she could find another hotel to stay in a bit longer.....

but to be honest i dont think she should be spending her last few dollars when there SHOULD be a hotel and i kno a family or church who is willing to give her shelter 4 free along w/food and other things....

We must have a Southern vibe going on because I thought of trying to contact the author of that article to see if she could be found.

I wanted to tell her if she was willing we have a house they all could live in here in SC FREE of charge. She has a car and could get work as a nurse's aid in no time.

There is help for them, but those idiots at the Dome don't seem to know what to tell people.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 09:33 AM

^^ true help is out here, it really is...its just connecting the help w/those who actually need it.....

go for it, contact the newspaper...no telling what u may find out

c-marie
Lifetime Member

Mood: hmmm......

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 11:22 AM

I think helping the CL family's displaced family members is a good idea. Unfortunately, I don't know where to send money to my family because they only call every few days to update us, but Candy knows where her displaced members are and what they need. Maybe we could start with her family members.

ebonyi
Supreme Member

Mood: Cool, really cool

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 01:32 PM

I think CL family memebrs first and then whatever we have left over we should start the Love Scholarship fund for the little 6 year old boy who took care of his siblings & friends till they were discovered & reunited.

Right in the middle of the P.E.N. Circle

Paradoxically, true:

The only real failure is the failure to try

AND

Do or do not, there is no try.
ovahPass
Platinum Member

Mood: I'll get back to you on that

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 01:42 PM

GREAT IDEA EBONYI!!!

The Love scholarship fund. has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

Peace.

Ms. Pass

Love is Love......until further notice.
Virtopia
Lifetime Member

Mood: Passionately Content . . . :butterfly:

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 04:35 PM

I agree with helping out CL families who were affected first.

I like that Love Scholarship idea above :yes:

2009 . . . Steadily on my grind.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Christina23
Lifetime Member

Mood: Young N Restless

[*] posted on 9.7.2005 at 09:17 PM

I think adopting a family would be a good idea.

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."
King Whitney Jr.
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top