Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: CINGULAR WIRELESS
deep_thinker
Lifetime Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6.16.2005 at 11:29 AM

^^ Shawna you are crazy lucky then because every other person I know who has/had TMobile has been highly unhappy with them and the level of service...

I personally never had them but I had the service that they morphed out of for my first phone... what was it called?? That was like 6 yrs ago...

Anyway, back then I had prepaid and there was some type of hidden fees. People tell me that TMobile charges them xtra, has bad customer service, bad range and connections.

Plus their phones arent as cool :lol: thats what I heard...
Seductress
Platinum Member

Mood: I'm dangerous! :shopping:

[*] posted on 6.16.2005 at 11:34 AM

I love T-Mobile and have been with them for over 2 years now. Never had a problem with cust. serv. and they have cool products too. :tu: :clap:

"God may have created man first, but there is always a rough draft BEFORE the masterpiece!"
Ebony_Skyy
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: :qt:

[*] posted on 6.16.2005 at 01:19 PM

DAMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!! Should've gotten T-Mobile....:steam:

*:slap: myself*
tropicanajuice4u
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

Mood: Content

[*] posted on 6.16.2005 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawna
Girl, I know how you feel.I had it out with the automated female voice of my cable provider.I mean I literally had an attitude with a recorded human being :rolling:

:lmao: i thought it was juss me...but i am always screaming n yelling at automated voices....i juss called to pay my Equity LOC via phone [Censored] have to constanly repeat myself n scream n always end up frustrated :td:

Success is different to each of us. Find what it is that brings meaning to your life, what's important and make that your focus!
Doro
Gold Member

Mood: :hamma:

[*] posted on 6.17.2005 at 01:08 PM

One of my business partners has what he thought was Cingular's Go Phone service.

After going on Cingular's website [notice that there's not an email address in sight!] and practically cursing at the automated customer service menu voice until we could get a live operator, here's what we find out:

1) the reason his phone was getting cut off after paying for his daytime minutes within two or three days is due to a system glitch that delays updating of the calling plan records.

This means that instead of the phone going off when the pre-paid minutes are used up, which is what you would normally expect, it's possible to rack up additional minutes, which are then applied as an extra charge when you pay for the next pre-paid minute plan.

You think this sh!t is on Cingular's website? F*CK NO!

He's been getting consistently overcharged due to this f*ck up ever since he's had the phone...

2) Cingular has a contract with Go Phone. Go Phone is acquired by AT & T.

So, AT & T, as you would expect, has taken over fulfillment of the contract between Cingular and Go Phone.

So, why is there a "Cingular Go Phone" plan and a "AT & T Go Phone" plan?

:kissmyass:

As for my own pre-paid phone service, O Mobile:

Running off of Sprint's network, and I bought the phone through another business partner of mine, as he's a dealer.

They had a nice pre-paid plan of 2000 daytime minutes, with free nights and weekends, good for 30 days, for 129.99

Reliable service, and the phones weren't too expensive.

Problem is, these motherf*ckers keep having trouble delievering their PRE-PAID minute plans to the dealers on time, which has caused a number of customers to lose their phone numbers once their current plans expire and the 5 day grace period is up.

I've personally ended up being forced to a new cell number at least three times because of this bullsh!t....

On two occasions, it took a f*cking month for the new pre-paid minute plans to arrive.

And now, with companies beginning to monopolize the pre-paid cell phone market, the cost for O Mobile's pre-paid minute plans have gone UP...for less plan minutes....

2000 minutes at $129.99 is now reduced to 1000 minutes at $119.00

These greedy rat b@stard motherf*ckers failed to deliver pre-paid minutes and phones that had been ordered and paid for, for a month, told the dealers nothing, then announced the price increase on the plans....

If I ever find these motherf*ckers on the street, :sword:

:kissmyass:

"When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: Whose?"

Don Marquis

http://dts009.com/
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Jeneen
Brown Sista

Mood: Fine, and yours?

[*] posted on 6.22.2005 at 07:26 PM

I feel sorry for you guys.However, let me take a guess and say most of you live in rural areas where signal towers are far away.You really shouldn't expect too much when you live in such area... sad, but true.
PecanDelite
Cocoa Lounge Royalty

[*] posted on 6.22.2005 at 07:44 PM

I can't stand Cingular Wireless either...I went to an A.K.A. convention for 3 days and ended up with roaming charges of $75 dollars, tacked on to my monthly fee based off of five minutes on ONE of the days I was gone.

Cut them bad boys off with quickness....:td:

Verizon is cool :tu:
c-marie
Lifetime Member

Mood: hmmm......

[*] posted on 6.22.2005 at 08:49 PM

I'm sorry you guys have all these problems with Cingular. I have had them every since they were Bell South (I think that's who it is, it's been that long) and my problems have been minimal. I guess I one lucky chica. Let me hush before I jinx myself.
Ebony_Skyy
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: :qt:

[*] posted on 6.23.2005 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by c-marie
I'm sorry you guys have all these problems with Cingular. I have had them every since they were Bell South (I think that's who it is, it's been that long) and my problems have been minimal. I guess I one lucky chica. Let me hush before I jinx myself.

Oh don't worry it won't be long....:ummm:
ladysuz

Mood: good

[*] posted on 7.9.2005 at 05:57 AM

OK...I have major beef with Cingular too & Shawna, I live in the heart of NYC.
I started with AT&T & at first the service was excellent. I didn't really use my phone much but it served its purpose.
About a year & a half ago, the service got notably worse. I called & advised them of the problems, such as dropped calls, one way audio, etc.
I very rarely called them before. I don't go over my mins. My plan is 39.99 + taxes & for the last few years I never even opened my bill until recently. I usually use the automated machine & pay my bill every month.
When I first called about my problems, they swore it was the fon & I was transferred to warranty dept & they did all kinds of tests. They decided that the phone was under warranty & they sent me a phone, no battery. The phone was under warr but the battery wasn't. Same problems. I called & bought a new
phone. Same problems. They said it's the phone.I had the TDMA , they tried to talk me into getting GSM offering free camera phone. Didn't want it.
Long story short, in 2004 I spent more on phones than I did on phone bills. After the 8th phone I decided that the problem was with the service, not the phones. They disputed this.
After going through 14 phones in '04, I decided my new years resolution was not to spend as much money on phones this year.
I finally caved in & got GSM. More problems. Fool didn't tell me that I'll be starting a brand new acct with a brand new bill cycle date. Needless to say, I rec 2 partial bills. I didn't open the 1st one & a week later the 2nd bill came. I opened it and my bill was $200 ...looking further I saw that I was billed for exceeding my mins I have 800 mins & used 140...that's when I realized that it was a partial bill. I paid it because i figured the bill for the GSM phone & the old service were included....wrong! They were threatening to send the old acct to collections. I called to pay everything & cancel my service....they told me about the termination fee...no problem I want to take my number to a different carrier. They said I'LL HAVE TO PAY A 2ND TERMINATION FEE TO GET THE NUMBER BECAUSE I'M STILL UNDER CONTRACT. I'm waiting till Feb. Meanwhile, I wrote a letter of complaint to Cingular, NYC dept of consumer affairs, better business bureau, & I'm just getting started.

p.s....I just bought my thired phone this year.
Christina23
Lifetime Member

Mood: Young N Restless

[*] posted on 7.9.2005 at 01:26 PM

Cingular is starting to suck more than Sprint.

I had an At&T go phone service and was very pleased with it until one day I turned on the phone and it said Cingular wireless and I started having problems every since. First of all, the phone roamed from Cingular to At&t network too damn often. When it was on At&t network it was gravey, and when it went to Cingular network I kept getting dropped calls. And there customer service is the worse. I have nothing against Iranians but I cant understand what the heck they are saying, they are too damn polite which pisses me off because thats all they do is be polite. They dont fix the problem. There answer for everything is "turn the phone off, take out your sim card, wait two minutes, put your sim, card back in, turn the phone back on. Now is it fixed????" NOOOOOO! I say. I quickly got rid of them. My friend has the "Cingular go phone service" and it is nothing like AT&T go phone service, much more expensive for less minutes. I now have Nextel, so far so good, and I heard that T_Mobile is the bomb, but they require a 500 dollar deposit in most cases unless your credit is stellar.

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."
King Whitney Jr.
Khalil-Maliq
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: Ascending to Astral realms

[*] posted on 7.10.2005 at 11:06 AM

MAN CINGULAR TOLD ME IF I WANTED TO BUY A NEW PHONE (BECAUSE MY OLD ONE WAS LOST THEN FOUND SUBMERGED IN WATER) I WOULD HAVE TO PAY 375 DOLLARS FOR THE ONE I WANT

If you're let free by the same people who enslaved you how do you know you're free?
http://www.geocities.com/the_dynasty2001/Ausar1.jpghttp://img30.exs.cx/img30/8281/aset3mz.jpg
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
mz_intrigue
Cocoa Lounge Addict

Mood: relaxed & grateful

[*] posted on 7.11.2005 at 02:48 PM

Cingular sucks.....

Ms. FATAL
P.E.N. Circle Infiltrator

http://img164.imagevenue.com/loc943/th_57747_mika_new_do_122_943lo.jpg
Solomon

[*] posted on 6.9.2006 at 04:31 AM

Quote:

I have Cingular now and I did have some bumps when I started but the service has been the best for me. I've had them almost 3 1/2 years now.

-S
Solomon

[*] posted on 6.9.2006 at 04:32 AM

Quote:

I have Cingular now and I did have some bumps when I started but the service has been the best for me. I've had them almost 3 1/2 years now.

-S
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top